March 18, 2024, 11:58:53 PM

Author Topic: The Dictator has bid adieu, who will be our coach and what’s the shortlist?  (Read 15368 times)

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Dennis Lawrence isn't exactly a "local coach"

Certainly not any more "local" than SH was

ALL coaches have their preferences....bias some might say.

De same Beenie kept Latas on the bench until the very last game when we were already out in the world cup

Ranjitsingh didn't play under SH either.  Different circumstances I know....but still the fact remains.

Beenhakker and Hart were regarded as successful coaches. If you achieve success, you are given leeway to bench and play favourites.

But if you are approaching 'worst coach ever' status at breakneck speed the way Lawrence is/has then you have will have a hell of a time justifying inclusions/exclusions/strategy.
Success is in the eyes of the beholder people say Beenhakker was a successful coach because he got TT to the WC through the back door with the 4th spot but they overlook the fact that if R Latapy had not come out of retirement Beenakker would have failed just like the other coach's fail when they coach TT it was more luck than success with Beenhakker people say S Hart was a successful coach because he got to the quarterfinal rounds in the Gold Cup 2 times but they overlook the fact that the GC is a dress rehearsal for the WC if you can't get your team to the semifinal rounds you have failed.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
It is a pity we did not have a U-23 team to participate in the Olympic qualifications for Tokyo 2020.
TT should put in to host the Olympic qualifiers in the end of May early June just make it 12 teams instead of 8 there is a lot of talent on this team this  would be a nice way to open the home of football and they should let Z Vanes coach the team that way the team would be successful.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It is a pity we did not have a U-23 team to participate in the Olympic qualifications for Tokyo 2020.
TT should put in to host the Olympic qualifiers in the end of May early June just make it 12 teams instead of 8 there is a lot of talent on this team this  would be a nice way to open the home of football and they should let Z Vanes coach the team that way the team would be successful.

Is Vranes still around? maybe that is something we should put forward to Wallace.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Is Vranes still around? maybe that is something we should put forward to Wallace.
you have time to waste with this troll? this jack in the box actually believes that zoran vranes is a better coach than leo benhakker, can you imagine making a dotish statement like dat and still be taken seriously? immediately after that dunce statement i would have ignored him the same way i would a fat ugly witch.

zoran vranes never won a tea cup in his life yet he has more credit than don leo a champions league and an iridivise league winner in this mad man’s eyes, mean while vranes never coached in any league worth mentioning but he’s the best man for the job. boy oh boy some trinis are silly.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 06:56:44 AM by pull stones »

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Time for leaders to step up...and send into exile all the dam rulers....Country first...and your foolish pride second or not at all...people this rebuild will not come overnight....l hope patience will be exercised
Contro saw this coming and got it from all quarters..l can only hope we have hit the bottom and moving up is our only option...Jah bless

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In todays Express= TT$50 million in debt - where will we find the money for a foreign Coach.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In todays Express= TT$50 million in debt - where will we find the money for a foreign Coach.

Lucky it eh 50 million US.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

you have time to waste with this troll? this jack in the box actually believes that zoran vranes is a better coach than leo benhakker, can you imagine making a dotish statement like dat and still be taken seriously? immediately after that dunce statement i would have ignored him the same way i would a fat ugly witch.

zoran vranes never won a tea cup in his life yet he has more credit than don leo a champions league and an iridivise league winner in this mad man’s eyes, mean while vranes never coached in any league worth mentioning but he’s the best man for the job. boy oh boy some trinis are silly.

Pull Stones, Vranes did coach  TT Shell Cup in JA. They won it. Allyuh could check.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

I doubt we will, they may have to pay Hart in parts and ask him to come back and coach and if not, it’s going to Fenwick or Nakhid at a bargain basement price for now... I hope not but that’s 7 million usd

Like I said, the govt needs to bail them out and pay our citizens who the ttfa owe... this was part of what the dictator was paid to do, sabotage our team and finances, so TT can’t climb out of it on time to qualify and debilitate us for years

Lawrence needs to go, he was complicit in the scheme

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Pull Stones, Vranes did coach  TT Shell Cup in JA. They won it. Allyuh could check.

Correct... vranes is not equipped to beat this era of wc teams, but he is good at youth level if he had the right support

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

really deeks, the shell cup is something worth mentioning......are you serious.....that’s like winning and SSFL title, would you compare that with the eridivise and to top it off the champions league cup the crem de la crem? deeks I’m beginning to worry about you.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 07:05:22 PM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I doubt we will, they may have to pay Hart in parts and ask him to come back and coach and if not, it’s going to Fenwick or Nakhid at a bargain basement price for now... I hope not but that’s 7 million usd

Like I said, the govt needs to bail them out and pay our citizens who the ttfa owe... this was part of what the dictator was paid to do, sabotage our team and finances, so TT can’t climb out of it on time to qualify and debilitate us for years

i guess once you get your mind wrapped around an idea good luck getting it out right? it’s everyday you’re going to beat the hart fenwick and nakid drum now? for Christ sake mate get a hold of yourself. i really won’t be able to take this mantra for long.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

i guess once you get your mind wrapped around an idea good luck getting it out right? it’s everyday you’re going to beat the hart fenwick and nakid drum now? for Christ sake mate get a hold of yourself. i really won’t be able to take this mantra for long.

Speak it into existence as they say...

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

I'm not saying that Z Vanes is a better coach than Leo Beenhakker but what I'm saying is Z Vanes is more suited for TT football because eastern European country's play with a #10 that's why Z Vanes does not try to stifle our best player but coach's like L Beenhakker always try to put our best player in shackles TT has to hire a coach that will let TT play there football not a coach that is going to put our best player in shackles.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

really deeks, the shell cup is something worth mentioning......are you serious.....that’s like winning and SSFL title, would you compare that with the eridivise and to top it off the champions league cup the crem de la crem? deeks I’m beginning to worry about you.

Pull Stones, yes, go ahead  denigrate the competition if you and other forumites want too. That was the competition of the day, and TT was a leading team in that competition. We won about 8 Shell and you pissing on their efforts. Now they can't even qualify for CFU cup you still pissing on them.  You saying he never win anything. I just putting the record straight, that he has been in TT football for a number years and did win a trophy in the highest Caribbean  competition at the time.  And why are you comparing the eridivise and CL. Before you go to the CL, you would have to win or come 2nd in the eridivisie. How about comparing the EPL to the CL. You have to come in the top 5 in the EPL to go the CL. No, you are the one who have the issues.

So get back the the topic at hand.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 02:33:40 AM by Deeks »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I think winning any competition in football is generally difficult. I understand why you might think that SSFL and the like don't prepare the same, but are we going to get someone who has won a top-tier professional league? It'd be interesting to find out exactly what competitions any of our NT managers have ever won?

Vranes seems to be competent at whatever he puts his hand to in T&T football - he did well at Central in his many roles and did well for the NT.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I think winning any competition in football is generally difficult. I understand why you might think that SSFL and the like don't prepare the same, but are we going to get someone who has won a top-tier professional league? It'd be interesting to find out exactly what competitions any of our NT managers have ever won?

Vranes seems to be competent at whatever he puts his hand to in T&T football - he did well at Central in his many roles and did well for the NT.

I don't think Vranes is the right man for the job. I don't know which team he coaches. Maybe QPCC?  I just don't know. I saw him with the TT team in Richmond. They were preparing for that same Shell cup in JA. The played  the US B team and loss 1-0. They had a small reception for them and he spoke very briefly. He appeared to be a soft spoken guy. Did not know how to asses him. But then a week later, to my surprise I read that they won the cup. But it appears like one minutes he is JW good books, next min. he is out. I think he coached St. Vincent, and probably Antigua and Grenada. I am not really sure. Then he dabble with almost every pro-league club in TT. You all may not like it but he has plenty local and regional bona fides. he has been in the Caribbean for more than 20 years.

But, WW and team will have to make the assessment on who the next coach will be. We don't know the intricacies of DL contract with TTFA/Concacaf/FIFA. In my honest opinion I don't see any local coach that I will feel comfortable with at this time. Angus might be the only one. He is young and vibrant. He probably has  a "football head". But that head is coaching schools boys. Coach "independent" adults is a different thing.

If TTFA decide to go foreign, what will they want him to do? Just coach the team for the next GC, and/or also do some serious developmental with the U-17s, U-19s, U-23s. Will they want him to do technical duties or hire a separate coach. Most of the coaches I see allyuh mentioned will only be in TT for carnival or a weekend in Tobago. We have gotten some good foreign coaches before. And we have been burnt by some foreign coaches. I really don't know of any foreign I can confidently say, "pick he". So that is my 2 cent.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 06:41:03 AM by Deeks »

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

I don't think Vranes is the right man for the job. I don't know which team he coaches. Maybe QPCC?  I just don't know. I saw him with the TT team in Richmond. They were preparing for that same Shell cup in JA. The played  the US B team and loss 1-0. They had a small reception for them and he spoke very briefly. He appeared to be a soft spoken guy. Did not know how to asses him. But then a week later, to my surprise I read that they won the cup. But it appears like one minutes he is JW good books, next min. he is out. I think he coached St. Vincent, and probably Antigua and Grenada. I am not really sure. Then he dabble with almost every pro-league club in TT. You all may not like it but he has plenty local and regional bona fides. he has been in the Caribbean for more than 20 years.

But, WW and team will have to make the assessment on who the next coach will be. We don't know the intricacies of DL contract with TTFA/Concacaf/FIFA. In my honest opinion I don't see any local coach that I will feel comfortable with at this time. Angus might be the only one. He is young and vibrant. He probably has  a "football head". But that head is coaching schools boys. Coach "independent" adults is a different thing.

If TTFA decide to go foreign, what will they want him to do? Just coach the team for the next GC, and/or also do some serious developmental with the U-17s, U-19s, U-23s. Will they want him to do technical duties or hire a separate coach. Most of the coaches I see allyuh mentioned will only be in TT for carnival or a weekend in Tobago. We have gotten some good foreign coaches before. And we have been burnt by some foreign coaches. I really don't know of any foreign I can confidently say, "pick he". So that is my 2 cent.
I was at a game in Richmond VA were TT loss 1-0 to a U S A Olympic team back 1995 while I was disappointed I realize that Z Vanes uses friendly's to look at players I don't see Z Vanes as a long term solution for TT football but short term he can help. TT does not have the money to pay a big name coach that people here pushing for so they have to get a coach that is willing to work with them .

DL should not be allowed to coach another game its a waist of time he is doing the same thing SH did TT needs a coach who is going to give players like J Garcia M W Ling M P Angeron K Julien C Benny  etc international games so they can develop there games so they can get a chance to go and play in much better leagues or else they go end up playing in leagues like I league USL and CPL Z Vanes is the 1 that gave players like A Dwarika E Wise S John and A Elcock there break so he will give these young guys there break they need to get to the 2022 playoff game so they can be ready for 2026.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
DL should not be allowed to coach another game its a waist of time he is doing the same thing SH did TT needs a coach who is going to give players like J Garcia M W Ling M P Angeron K Julien C Benny  etc international games so they can develop there games so they can get a chance to go and play in much better leagues or else they go end up playing in leagues like I league USL and CPL Z Vanes is the 1 that gave players like A Dwarika E Wise S John and A Elcock there break so he will give these young guys there break they need to get to the 2022 playoff game so they can be ready for 2026.

My 2 cents........no coach is going to give young, inexperienced players free reign to "develop" in international football.....UNLESS......that's coach job security is guaranteed.  In other words......results don't matter.

If results don't matter......then a coach is MORE INCLINED to give inexperienced players the opportunity to develop on the field of play.  On the job learning.   

But even if results don't matter.... a coach is always going to be mindful of their coaching record....and THAT is about WINS and LOSSES.   If they ever hope to have another coaching gig at that level.....WINS and LOSSES matter.....no matter how much you trying to develop.

A mens National senior team is NOT the place to do wholescale development.   If that's the plan....then there really is no plan.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

I was at a game in Richmond VA were TT loss 1-0 to a U S A Olympic team back 1995 while I was disappointed I realize that Z Vanes uses friendly's to look at players I don't see Z Vanes as a long term solution for TT football but short term he can help. TT does not have the money to pay a big name coach that people here pushing for so they have to get a coach that is willing to work with them .

You’re a fool, Hart and DL are not in the same category, Hart took us to one of our best rankings in history and was sabotaged... DL was not sabotaged, he went along with the sabotage

Stop talking that nonsense on here like people dumb enough to go along with those lies

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

My 2 cents........no coach is going to give young, inexperienced players free reign to "develop" in international football.....UNLESS......that's coach job security is guaranteed.  In other words......results don't matter.

If results don't matter......then a coach is MORE INCLINED to give inexperienced players the opportunity to develop on the field of play.  On the job learning.   

But even if results don't matter.... a coach is always going to be mindful of their coaching record....and THAT is about WINS and LOSSES.   If they ever hope to have another coaching gig at that level.....WINS and LOSSES matter.....no matter how much you trying to develop.

A mens National senior team is NOT the place to do wholescale development.   If that's the plan....then there really is no plan.

Exactly but Lawrence will get another job because he went along with the sabotage so he’s safe in terms of future employment

Watch and see, when he leaves Trinidad for his next coaching job

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Agree with most of what you say - Vranes' CV doesn't sparkle and blind, but it does show a steady pair of hands, knows the Caribbean well, and trusts in youth (he was head of youth development at Central for a bit too). This is probably why he keeps coming up, and given his CV he won't be too expensive. Agree that Angus looks interesting and has a decent track record, although something sticks in the back of my mind (not near my database so can't say). Ross Russel Sr. had a decent record at club level and is currently goalkeeping coach, but would be a significant step up and his last managing job was North East Stars (where he won the league).

I agree we shouldn't go foreign - doesn't make sense unless we get through anotehr generation that might be worth the extra outlay for a more qualified and experienced candidate.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

You are a perfect example of why TT football has been in decline for the past several years because people think like you Trinidadian coach's are scared to play the youths because they worry about results a foreign coach gives the youths a chance because they know that youth can develop into a much better player than somebody already approaching there mid 20s will ever be that's still better than no plan.

TTFA has to be brave and hire a Foreign coach that will save TT football and give the youths a chance instead of hiring a bunch of COWARDS.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Agree with most of what you say - Vranes' CV doesn't sparkle and blind, but it does show a steady pair of hands, knows the Caribbean well, and trusts in youth (he was head of youth development at Central for a bit too). This is probably why he keeps coming up, and given his CV he won't be too expensive. Agree that Angus looks interesting and has a decent track record, although something sticks in the back of my mind (not near my database so can't say). Ross Russel Sr. had a decent record at club level and is currently goalkeeping coach, but would be a significant step up and his last managing job was North East Stars (where he won the league).

I agree we shouldn't go foreign - doesn't make sense unless we get through anotehr generation that might be worth the extra outlay for a more qualified and experienced candidate.

So let’s put this forward,

Who do you think will perform better and why?

Vranes with a full staff

Hart with a full staff (optimal)

Fenwick with a full staff (realistic)

Nakhid with a full staff (If hes interested)

« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 12:58:45 PM by Controversial »

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

You’re a fool, Hart and DL are not in the same category, Hart took us to one of our best rankings in history and was sabotaged... DL was not sabotaged, he went along with the sabotage

Stop talking that nonsense on here like people dumb enough to go along with those lies
SH sabotaged he own self when he came down to TT and try to play that same old backward English football that they play in Canada.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

SH sabotaged he own self when he came down to TT and try to play that same old backward English football that they play in Canada.

Your daddy the dictator sabotaged him and gave that sell out DL a lot of support in the beginning... what football you think you’re boy DL was playing?

Hart was playing a mix of styles tbh as Beenie pointed out, he was ultra ambitious with his style of play

Gtfoh with that nonsense you’re talking

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Your daddy the dictator sabotaged him and gave that sell out DL a lot of support in the beginning... what football you think you’re boy DL was playing?

Hart was playing a mix of styles tbh as Beenie pointed out, he was ultra ambitious with his style of play

Both DL and SH does play English football DL look better when he had them English men on his technical staff but once they left it was all downhill both of them is just not good enough to coach at the international level.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

So let’s put this forward,

Who do you think will perform better and why?

Vranes with a full staff

Hart with a full staff (optimal)

Fenwick with a full staff (realistic)

Nakhid with a full staff (If hes interested)

SH with a full staff theoretically, but it depends if coming back is good or bad for the team. I wonder if him setting up a home away from home in Halifax is in fact better for T&T than him managing.

I'd take Fenwick over Vranes maybe, but there's still question marks over the whole CS Visé debacle for me. There's no doubt he's one of the most talented coaches in T&T football, but if he picks a fight in the 3rd game in and gets a touchline ban, what good does that do us? No clue if Nakhid is good, isn't he doing youth coaching in the Levant?

If Vranes was significantly cheaper, I'd take him. I wonder though if he's better placed as U23 coach and trying to bring through that next generation for Fenwick to build a team from.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Both DL and SH does play English football DL look better when he had them English men on his technical staff but once they left it was all downhill both of them is just not good enough to coach at the international level.

Hart watches la liga etc wth are going with this only English ball he watches, you’re making things up as you go along, TT played attacking football, not that bs DL was playing

1]; } ?>