March 28, 2024, 06:00:59 AM

Author Topic: T&T Charity Cup Thread.  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T Charity Cup Thread.
« on: November 25, 2019, 02:49:39 AM »
Ex-Liverpool goalie for T&T Charity Cup.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

For­mer Eng­lish Pre­mier League goal­keep­er Chris Kirk­land will be in Trinidad as the fea­tured play­er in the Cream­ery Nov­el­ties Forty5 Char­i­ty Cup on De­cem­ber 15. Dur­ing his time here, Kirk­land will al­so host a goal­keep­er train­ing camp from De­cem­ber 16-18.

The 38-year-old Kirk­land, who ex­celled be­tween the sticks for Eng­land, Liv­er­pool, Wigan Ath­let­ic, Sheffield Wednes­day and Coven­try City in an 18-year ca­reer, will line up for Can Bou Play Unit­ed in the Char­i­ty Cup, which will fea­ture three teams play­ing 45-minute match­es.

Can Bou Play Founder Yohance Mar­shall will take the reins of host team Can Bou Play Unit­ed, while for­mer T&T se­nior team and cur­rent Hal­i­fax Wan­der­ers as­sis­tant coach Derek King will com­mand the T&T Stars out­fit.

De­porti­vo Pt Fortin will be the fi­nal team in the Cup and will be led by for­mer T&T cap­tain Reynold Car­ring­ton.

Can Bou Play Foun­da­tion CEO Amiel Mo­hammed said he was elat­ed to an­nounce Kirk­land’s in­volve­ment af­ter months of hard work to put every­thing in place.

“Chris (Kirk­land) is a mon­u­men­tal piece of the puz­zle that we have been de­vel­op­ing since Can Bou Play has start­ed,” Mo­hammed said.

“He runs his goal­keep­ing acad­e­my and is a men­tal health ad­vo­cate and giv­en that we re­cent­ly launched our Sport In Mind – Men­tal Health Pro­gramme, he was the ab­solute per­fect fit to have in­volved in the Char­i­ty Cup and the goal­keep­er camp.”

Hav­ing had his chal­lenges with men­tal health to­wards the lat­ter part of his ca­reer, Kirk­land has be­come an out­spo­ken ad­vo­cate for men­tal health aware­ness and the rel­e­vance of it with­in the sport­ing land­scape.

He is al­so a founder of YA­PA— a so­cial net­work app for men­tal health.

The goal­keep­er camp will al­so be head­lined by an amaz­ing list of for­mer and cur­rent T&T goal­keep­ers such as Jan-Michael Williams, Kimi­ka Forbes, Clay­ton Ince and Javon Sam­ple.

The venues for the Char­i­ty Cup and goal­keep­er camp will be an­nounced this week and ros­ter an­nounce­ments for all teams will be done dai­ly through Can Bou Play’s so­cial me­dia pages lead­ing up to the tour­na­ment.

Pro­ceeds from the Cream­ery Nov­el­ties Forty5 Char­i­ty Cup will serve as in­come gen­er­a­tion for Can Bou Play to op­er­ate its so­cial pro­grammes in 2020, among them Sport In Mind, Mis­sion In­clu­sion vis­its to schools for the dif­fer­ent­ly-abled chil­dren and men­tor­ship sem­i­nars in com­mu­ni­ties, as well as pro­vid­ing Christ­mas treats for the un­der­priv­i­leged.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Charity Cup Thread.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 10:51:49 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fsGBFs07Uos" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fsGBFs07Uos</a>

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 10:55:09 PM »
TEAMS (roster reveals daily via Can Bou Play Social Media):

Can Bou Play United: Yohance Marshall (head coach), Sean de Silva, Keston George, Akim Armstrong

T&T Stars: Derek King (head coach), Jan-Michael Williams, Kevin Molino, Leston Paul

Deportivo Point Fortin: Reynold Carrington (head coach),  Hughton Hector, Weslie John, Miguel Payne
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 09:59:02 PM by amielisadore »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 02:23:58 AM »
Molino, Jones for Charity Cup match.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Ex-Liv­er­pool and Wigan goal­keep­er Chris Kirk­land is ex­pect­ed in for Sun­day’s Cream­ery Nov­el­ties Forty5 Char­i­ty Cup at the Ato Boldon Sta­di­um in Cou­va.

He will line up for the Can Bou Play Foun­da­tion along­side for­mer and present T&T foot­ballers Ken­wyne Jones, Yohance Mar­shall, Sean De Sil­va, Julius James, Ah­keela Mol­lon and Karyn Forbes against De­porti­vo Point Fortin.

The T&T Stars team will mean­while in­clude mid­field­er Kevin Moli­no, Jan-Michael Williams, Jo­evin Jones, Alvin Jones, Kimi­ka Forbes and cap­tain Hugh­tun Hec­tor.

The De­porti­vo Point Fortin team will boast of play­ers such as Wes­lie John, Justin Sadoo, An­drei Pacheco and An­dre Tou­s­saint, among many oth­ers.

De­po­ti­vo’s celebri­ty tech­ni­cal di­rec­tor and co­me­di­an Kee­van “Kee­vo” Lewis be­lieves his team has what it takes to take the ti­tle, say­ing he isn’t over­ly con­cerned with Can Bou Play gen­er­at­ing the most buzz in the build-up.

“I have no­ticed that the pop­u­lar vote goes to a cer­tain team,” said Kee­vo. “If they think they ‘Can­boulay’ De­porti­vo, they have thought wrong.”

He added, “I wish the oth­er team the best as well. A very fit­ting name, as stars are what they shall be see­ing all night. And no stars will align be­cause we have a unit­ed Can Bou Play, so pre­pare for a beat­ing my dear friends.” Lewis said.

Mean­while, the bright­est tal­ents from the Sec­ondary School’s Foot­ball League (SS­FL) will al­so have a chance to play along­side their he­roes if they are se­lect­ed through an on­line vot­ing com­pe­ti­tion to be draft­ed at the of­fi­cial NL­CB Draft for the Char­i­ty Cup.

The top six vot­ed SS­FL play­ers from a short­list of 21 will be placed in a draft pool with two SS­FL all-stars be­ing al­lo­cat­ed per team. Af­ter­wards, the fi­nal spots on each ros­ter will be filled by oth­er spe­cial­ly in­vit­ed play­ers and celebri­ties on Thurs­day.

All pro­ceeds from the event go to­wards the Can Bou Play Foun­da­tion’s so­cial pro­grammes in 2020, such as their Sport In Mind, Men­tal Health Pro­gramme and Mis­sion In­clu­sion vis­its to spe­cial needs schools.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 09:47:15 AM »
Didn't realise that KJ's injury did not sideline him permanently. There was a sort of fire and brimstone dimension to the initial reporting on the matter. Happily that's not the case.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 06:05:36 PM »
T&T Stars lift inaugural Creamery Novelties Forty5 Charity Cup
(Can Bou Play Media - https://www.canbouplayfoundation.com/t-t-stars-lift-inaugural-45-charity)

The Creamery Novelties Forty5 Charity Cup hosted by the Can Bou Play Foundation kicked off with a flurry of fanfare at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Sunday 15 December with T&T Stars coming out on top in the three-team tournament that also involved Deportivo Point Fortin and hosts Can Bou Play United.

The star-studded squads were finalized during the NLCB draft held a few days before the forty-five minute per match tournament, with T&T Womens National Team icons Kennya “Yaya” Cordner, Ahkeela Mollon and Karyn “Baby” Forbes joining their Men’s National Team counterparts Kenwyne Jones and Densill Theobald on Can Bou Play United.

Meanwhile T&T Stars boasted current National Team standouts Alvin Jones, Joevin Jones, Kevin Molino and the recently retired Jan-Michael Williams. Deportivo PF called up a few heroes of their own in Andrei Pacheco, Justin Sadoo, Judah Garcia and Andre Toussaint.

Secondary Schools Football League and St Augustine Secondary starlet Tyrese Spicer, who was also drafted onto the Stars roster, went onto lift the Mindology MVP at the inaugural tournament after notching two goals and an assist in an exciting showing.

“Winning the MVP Trophy caught me by surprise and it’s an honor to get the award,” said an elated Spicer. “Playing alongside those stars was an unexplainable feeling.”

“Seeing players like Joevin Jones, Alvin Jones, Molino, Jan on TV most of my life and now playing on the same team with them is a great feeling.”

“During the match they were talking to me, saying play simple, play without fear and take your opportunities and I ended up scoring two goals and getting one assist. After the game Joevin had a personal chat with me over the phone telling me to keep my head in the game and always stay humble.”

Spicer’s two goals also meant he shared the Ultimate Indoor Facility Golden Boot with team mates Alvin Jones and Halifax Wanderers forward Akeem “Froggie” Garcia while Deportivo PF’s custodian Miguel Payne was awarded the West Kool Air Conditioning Golden Glove.

Deportivo PF opened the Charity Cup against Can Bou Play United with the southerner’s full back Ronell Paul opening the scoring. In the final minute of the game however Kenwyne Jones rolled back the years to thump home a trademark header form a Theobald corner to send the game into penalty kicks.

From there, it was the Miguel Payne show as the Point Fortin goalkeeper wrapped up important shoot out saves to give his team the opening game win.

Deportivo’s luck ran out in the second game however as T&T Stars put their foot on the accelerator in the closing stages of the match. After 20 mins, the score was locked at 1-1 with Akeem Garcia scoring first before the classy Andre Toussaint equalized for Deportivo.

Leston Paul then restored the lead for Stars before Spicer added gloss to the scoreline with a brace.
In the final game of the Forty5 Charity Cup, Can Bou Play United entertained T&T Stars with former Liverpool and Wigan goalkeeper making his debut for the hosts between the sticks.

Kirkland however could not prevent the marauding Alvin Jones from scoring low into the bottom corner. It soon got worse for Can Bou Play as Alvin got his second a few minutes later.

Sean de Silva rounded Stars goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams in the 41st minute to give Can Bou Play some hope at the death but (A) Garcia put the icing on the cake for the champions with seconds left on the clock.
Can Bou Play United’s Kennya Cordner, who won the 2019 Norwegian Toppserien Golden Boot, was really pleased to a part of Can Bou Play’s initiative and commented on the togetherness and collective spirit on show at the first time event.

“It was really great. Love how everyone had a great time and the energy and positive vybz of everyone made it even more enjoyable,” said Cordner.

Can Bou Play Foundation will continue to pioneer youth development programs and initiatives in 2020 and would like to thank its partners of the Forty5 Charity Cup for their continued support: Creamery Novelties, NLCB, Sportway, Blue Waters, Rock Hard Cement, VKD Transport Ltd, Caribbean Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Institute, Ace II Popcorn, Snack Pack, Swiss Miss, Inshore Transport Services, MRI of T&T, Southern MRI, Ultimate Indoor Facility, Punchy Punch, TOAST, Bold by Jehue, Sunshine Snacks,  Scotiabank, Caribbean Action Images, HD Media and HOTT 93.5

Creamery Novelties Forty5 Charity Cup Results

Can Bou Play Utd 1 (Kenwyne Jones 45), Deporitvo Point Fortin 1* (Ronell Paul 39) - DPF won on penalties

T&T Stars 4 (Akeem Garcia 11, Leston Paul 29, Tyrese Spicer 37, 43), Deporitvo Point Fortin 1 (Andre Toussaint 16)

Can Bou Play Utd 1 (Sean de Silva 41), T&T Stars 3 (Alvin Jones 9, 32, Akeem Garcia  43)

Awards

Ultimate Indoor Facility Golden Boot: Tyrese Spicer, Alvin Jones & Akeem Garcia (T&T Stars)
West Kool Air Conditioning Golden Glove: Miguel Payne (Deportivo PF)
Mindology Trinidad MVP: Tyrese Spicer (T&T Stars)

Team Rosters

Can Bou Play UTD: Yohance Marshall (head coach), MX Prime & Iceman of Ultimate Rejects (Celebrity Technical Directors), Chris Kirkland, Sean de Silva, Kenwyne Jones, Ahkeela Mollon, Karyn Forbes, Kennya Cordner, Elton John, Keston George, Jared Bennett, Julius James, Akim Armstrong, Kai Phillip, Kevon Villaroel, Densill Theobald, Anfernee Bascombe, Shabaka Mahluli, Nicholas Dillon

T&T Stars: Derek King (head coach), Preedy, JJ and Tamar Watson (Celebrity Technical Director), Jan-Michael Williams, Kevin Molino, Joevin Jones, Kern Cupid, Kimika Forbes, Alvin Jones, Duane Muckette, Leston Paul, Andre Rampersad, Akeem Garcia, Mekeil Williams, Ataualla Guerra, Dexter Alleyne, Fuad Abu Bakr, Trent Weekes, Isaiah Williams

Deportivo Point Fortin: Reynold Carrington (head coach), Keevo (Celebrity Technical Director), Weslie John, Miguel Payne, Andrei Pacheco, Justin Sadoo, Ronell Paul, Jeremiah Kesar, Ezekiel Kesar, Terese Salick, Andre Toussaint, Denzil Smith, Steven Joseph, Elijah Alleyne, Frae Gervais, Adan Noel, Justin Cornwall, Ackeel Jacob, Jordan Britto, Judah Garcia

1]; } ?>