March 28, 2024, 12:49:16 PM

Author Topic: 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup Thread  (Read 8829 times)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2021, 11:57:47 AM »
i saw Qatar play Grenada and even Grenada is playing better football than TT hiring local coach's for the past 10 years has totally destroyed TT football.
grenada played better than TT? Mate I don’t know which game you were watching but I believe you better get your eyes checked, in fact get your brain checked. grenada was the absolute worst of all the CFU teams in this tournament, their defense was shite and their offense only went as far as the 18 years box. honduras ran rings around then and so did qatar. I think is time to sell your tv and pick up knitting, your time will be better served.
Did I say anything about being the worst team in CFU ?I said Grenada played better football in there 2 games than we did in our 2 games they tried to have build up play from the defence to the fowards TT build up play was non existent.

Grenada just did not have it against Qatar. Qatar played a much more skillful game than them. Apart from having problems in their mid-field, Grenada made a lot of errant passes and mistakes at the back. Miss the cross easy tap in. Qatar has some good players. Their stopper, I think is the captain is very good. And a douglah fellah called Afif. The Qatari Leo Brewster. Real nice. Check them out in their next game.
I don’t know which game this disgusting troll watched but to say grenada played better than us is an insult to a monkey’s intelligence let alone ours. I saw the two grenada games and those guys were very poor defensively and on offense they are very none threatening. in both our games the Mexicans and the saldavorians were fouling our attackers just to contain them and had a very rough time breaching our defense.

in our second game we breached the Salvadoran defense a total of five time but failed to finish our chances, on another day that game could have went quite differently in terms of results. the problem with this disagreeable troll is that he might not even be trinidadian but disguising himself as one to talk rubbish about our team for his own kicks. whatever he is I’m really sick of his antics, I really wish he would go away and don’t come back since he adds zero value to any discussing on the forum.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2021, 01:29:49 PM »
i saw Qatar play Grenada and even Grenada is playing better football than TT hiring local coach's for the past 10 years has totally destroyed TT football.
grenada played better than TT? Mate I don’t know which game you were watching but I believe you better get your eyes checked, in fact get your brain checked. grenada was the absolute worst of all the CFU teams in this tournament, their defense was shite and their offense only went as far as the 18 years box. honduras ran rings around then and so did qatar. I think is time to sell your tv and pick up knitting, your time will be better served.
Did I say anything about being the worst team in CFU ?I said Grenada played better football in there 2 games than we did in our 2 games they tried to have build up play from the defence to the fowards TT build up play was non existent.

Yes, Grenada did present a semblance of build-up play. I noted somewhere on the forum that their midfield acquisition Norburn was a very good addition. He tried to move the ball on the surface to impact the game. Had he a TT nationality claim, he would have been a useful player for us.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2021, 08:09:47 PM »
surprisingly more Salvadorians in the Cotton Bowl than Mexicans. Could be the makings of an upset? :praying:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2021, 10:41:20 AM »
Panama vs Honduras = a proper GC match.
That was some hard-tackling end-to-end stuff

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2021, 01:05:02 PM »
Panama vs Honduras = a proper GC match.
That was some hard-tackling end-to-end stuff

Good game. El Sal. gave them a run for their money. Canada also gave the US a damn good fight. Could have scored. Was not their day.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2021, 08:27:42 PM »
Player of the tournament candidate = Afif (Qatar).

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2021, 08:49:09 PM »
Note Mexico's opening corner was defended man per man by Honduras.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2021, 08:58:25 PM »
Statement goal. Funes Mori say he scoring all kinda of goals never mind what has been blanked by offside.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2021, 06:32:35 PM »
Canada is on another level
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2021, 07:29:55 AM »
Canada can probably take the 3rd spot for the WCQ they are predictable but organized with some good individual talent but just like the English team they are boring to watch.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2021, 05:31:55 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6RXRko1j31A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6RXRko1j31A</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2021, 08:19:34 PM »
^^^Sancho speaking on the same thing Pullstones has been preaching….what in heavens name is going on here???

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2021, 05:12:42 AM »
^^^Sancho speaking on the same thing Pullstones has been preaching….what in heavens name is going on here???

He does speak the truth . But sacho should remember the US recruits players also ...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2021, 07:04:39 AM »

He does speak the truth . But sacho should remember the US recruits players also ...

Let's cut to the chase: The US built and modernized its program with foreign recruitment as a key prong.

In CFU there are three fundamental problems. (1) Scaling and structuring the fix. (2) Paying for the fix and (3) Administering the fix.

There should be less of an obsession with personalities and being reactionary and more of an obsession with activism and solutions.

The US house is built and expanding. Some here assisted in the building and expansion.

Within CFU ... time to build and expand with architects.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2021, 01:18:32 PM »
Canada can probably take the 3rd spot for the WCQ they are predictable but organized with some good individual talent but just like the English team they are boring to watch.
Interesting perspective. Which teams do you consider as not boring to watch?

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2021, 03:05:40 PM »
Interesting perspective. Which teams do you consider as not boring to watch?
I like watching teams from Latin America play teams with a midfield technician.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2021, 07:13:28 PM »
Looks like Qatar getting their money worth. I wonder how much they paid Concacaf for an "invitation" to the tournament? . . By way of Qatar Airways.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2021, 02:09:11 AM »
Looks like Qatar getting their money worth. I wonder how much they paid Concacaf for an "invitation" to the tournament? . . By way of Qatar Airways.

Maybe they got a 2 for 1 deal on Gold Cups, given they in next time too...

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2021, 08:12:31 AM »

100.. As we all can see, having fat pockets play a huge role in developing a good team.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2021, 03:37:07 PM »

100.. As we all can see, having fat pockets play a huge role in developing a good team.

... and buying a good team.

Many naturalizad players with NO ancestral connections to Qatar, yet we have self-imposed roadblocks to bringing heritage players aboard.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2021, 04:38:26 PM »

... and buying a good team.

Many naturalizad players with NO ancestral connections to Qatar, yet we have self-imposed roadblocks to bringing heritage players aboard.
that might be so, but it’s a fact that they have a very good academy in a country of less than a million that is producing very good footballers. lets not fool ourselves Qatar outplayed the usa last night and looked the more dangerous, but the thing that saved American financial interest was the corrupt concacaf officiating, they all knew that a mexico usa final would bring in the big bucks both with cooperate sponsorship ala television viewership and a packed stadium, no wonder the gold cup won’t be held anywhere else.

I say it’s time that CFU boycott this farce of a tournament, let the north and Central Americans keep their bogus tournament and call it the North American cup since no one else has won the darn thing except for the three North American countries, plus it’s held in North America each and every years, so why not.

the real problem is that we in CFU is inundated with yes men and hungry sticky fingered lackeys who do what they are told while hoping for a wad to line their greasy pockets, and in no part of their responsibilities to their federation and fellow CFU neighbors is taken seriously.

these old coots are only interested in being important to their puppet masters, man like DJW, randy harris, Jeffery web, the Bahamian bloke who blew the whistle on jack’s attempted coup and all the old broke pocket butlers from belize all the way to suriname are nothing but yes men wannabes who’s main concern is to be important but have absolutely no interest in advancing football in their own countries, let alone the CFU region. so sad….where are we going to find men who will stand up to concacaf and fifa to make us our own confederation with our solid block of votes?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 05:00:02 PM by pull stones »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2021, 08:23:04 PM »
Pull stones, btw Qatar has 2.8m, so double of TT population. But I know what you mean.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2021, 04:48:36 PM »
So Mexico vs. the USA in the final again......I did not see that coming..... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>