April 16, 2024, 01:43:48 AM

Author Topic: Brian Williams, the Dread Medusa  (Read 1442 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brian Williams, the Dread Medusa
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 08:17:26 PM »
For the History fans, there is a nice photo of the NYT 1979, names such as Curtis Riley, Tractor Belgrave, Errol Lovell, Vernon Skinner and others.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 06:19:47 AM »
Interesting stuff. He seems like one of our better coaches - does he love youth coaching too much to take the helm of a first-team in the near future?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 03:49:03 PM »
Interesting stuff. He seems like one of our better coaches - does he love youth coaching too much to take the helm of a first-team in the near future?
I think it's just a matter of opportunity. He was the Coach for United Petrotrin and Sanfernando Giants. He was also the Asst. Coach to the NST in the past.

But the man have a consistent income with WC so I guess he know better than to end up with a fly by night team.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 09:20:43 PM »
he has coached befor,e youth teams, defensively passable, offensively slow and one dimensional with no counter-attacking or at least poorly implemented counter-attacking, was 11 or 12 during Italia 90 WCQ, was the strike squad play slow, it never struck me as slow but I was 11-12 at that age your sense of perception can be very misleading, but SLOW is a common complaint about our football recently and is dat generation coachin now ???
I pity the fool....

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 09:27:29 PM »
he has coached befor,e youth teams, defensively passable, offensively slow and one dimensional with no counter-attacking or at least poorly implemented counter-attacking, was 11 or 12 during Italia 90 WCQ, was the strike squad play slow, it never struck me as slow but I was 11-12 at that age your sense of perception can be very misleading, but SLOW is a common complaint about our football recently and is dat generation coachin now ???

Strange you should say slow. I had a friend who used to play for Trintoc. Long story short he was brought on as a sub in an exhibition game for TT around '88 - low level game.

As he put it: "It's a good thing I made a few good passes. In general, I played shit. Them men must be some kind of half horse, the way they (TT) was playing fast."

Strike Squad to me was like Brazil Light - good skill and build up. But perhaps a pro player might have a different opinion.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 10:54:09 PM »

Strange you should say slow. I had a friend who used to play for Trintoc. Long story short he was brought on as a sub in an exhibition game for TT around '88 - low level game.

As he put it: "It's a good thing I made a few good passes. In general, I played shit. Them men must be some kind of half horse, the way they (TT) was playing fast."

Strike Squad to me was like Brazil Light - good skill and build up. But perhaps a pro player might have a different opinion.
that my sense too, it is why the seeming lethargic nature of his team play as a coach did baffle me.
I pity the fool....

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 07:14:03 AM »
I knew he coached before, but wondered why he hadn't dived in again. Given a steady wage you're probably right that it's better not to mess with that.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 01:40:05 AM »
Update to the article in the final three paragraphs, mentioning Club Nacional and quotes on BW from Richard Chinapoo.

VB

1]; } ?>