July 22, 2024, 05:09:01 AM

Author Topic: Andre Raymond Thread  (Read 707 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andre Raymond Thread
« on: July 16, 2024, 12:45:43 PM »
Andre Raymond signs for Scottish Premiership club, St. Johnstone FC
perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk

We are delighted to announce the signing of Trinidad and Tobago internationalist Andre Raymond, subject to international clearance.

The 23-year-old moves to McDiarmid Park on a deal until the summer of 2026 and arrives following a spell in Portugal with Vilar de Perdizes.

Raymond has also featured for his national team alongside our former player Dan Phillips, making nine appearances for his country so far to date.

Andre has been training with the squad for some time now and he is excited to get to work in the Premier Sports Cup, with matches against Morton, Alloa and East Fife to come.

Upon signing his deal, Raymond said: “I am very grateful. Firstly I am thankful to God, I am thankful to my family, my coaches and my peers who always believed in me.

“I want to use this move as a stepping stone to learn and continue to be a student of the game.

“I always took an interest in St Johnstone when I knew my international teammate Dan Phillips was playing at the club.

“He contacted me and he mentioned that the coach was really interested in me and he liked me a lot.

“From then I continued to watch games, study the style of play and witness the atmosphere of the fans, which is really great. I really wanted to come and join the team.”

Manager Craig Levein added: “We are delighted to bring Andre into the club to bolster our defensive options.

“Andre was a recommendation of our former player Dan Phillips, and we are excited to work with him going forward. Andre’s pace and power will be useful attributes both in defence and attack.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Andre Raymond Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2024, 01:27:15 PM »
Congrats to Raymond. (Ah think it was Peong who honed in on his ability when commenting about one of the NT matches).

As far as Phillips (for the naysayers of his move to Stevenage), he certainly sounds like a man who views the opportunity as progressive rather than regressive. Kudos to him for handling Raymond.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2024, 04:14:15 PM »
Excellent. I and a few of us on here knew this man is too talented to be in 4th division Portugal. Nice pay day too. All we need is Denzil to be in a good league. Also two solid CBs playing in competitive leagues. Aubrey running out of gas.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2024, 04:18:51 PM »
@asylumseeker. Good comment there. Phillips also supporting the development of our players. Maybe Andre can put a mention to get another player into St John's. Seems like they willing to take a chance with the TT players. If Raymond gets his permit to play in Scotland, I believe he can eventually play in England.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2024, 06:26:01 PM »
Great news...St Johnstone lucky Angus contrived to prevent us from getting to the Copa cause some other team mighta snatch up Mr. Raymond :D

Seriously though, like GOP said, some of us saw his quality, I said only Keston Julien could take his spot on the NT...though Triston looked very good in the last two games...but Andre is a special player.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 06:57:08 AM by Fyzoman »
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2024, 05:05:59 PM »
Fyzo forget the special please. You like going overboard over exaggerating eh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2024, 05:25:52 PM »
Asylum yuh makin meh sound like a wise man but his ability is something all of us could see, I just commented first.

Congrats to Raymond but cool the stepping stone talk please! Theobald is de one start dat nonsense, in Scotland to boot!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2024, 07:33:25 PM »
 @Trini_2026, hahaha.
Nah bredda, I'm simply going with what my discerning eyes are seeing.

I didn't think I had to qualify my answer by saying for a TnT player...but for a TnT Nashy, I feel he is special, and after I first saw him I couldn't understand why he was in Portugal second division?

The same applies for that one kid from Jong PSV?
I saw him for a few minutes with my fresh eyes and know he is starter come September...it's just what I do :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 07:36:53 PM by Fyzoman »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2024, 02:27:10 PM »
Asked whether Phillips had tipped him off about his new full-back, Levein said: “Absolutely.

“One day, I just said to him: ‘Is there anybody in the national team who would be good for us?’

"Dan mentioned a couple – Andre in particular. I think it was January the conversation took place.

“I went away and did a lot of research. It’s taken a while to get to this stage.

“I really like him.

“He’s dynamic, strong and quick.

“He’s been playing in the Portugese lower leagues but when he’s been with Trinidad and Tobago he’s been coming up against guys from Canada and America who are worth tens of millions of pounds.

“He coped well with those guys so that’s a good indication he can help us.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/5033126/st-johnstone-andre-raymond-sign/

Anyone who is opposed to the inclusion of players born abroad, step back. Look at the value, tangible and intangible.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2024, 02:34:30 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2024, 11:18:44 AM »
Seeker, there cannot be anyone in this forum who is opposed to foreign-born players...that is simply impossible!

I know some of us in the forum are idiots -- or have idiot moments -- myself included...but there cannot be anyone here who has a problem with foreign-born players, this forum cannot have anyone as stupid as that :D

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2024, 07:26:59 PM »
Nice psychology dey Fyzo  ;D
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2024, 08:02:18 AM »
@Cocorite, hahahaha...I wanted to see who ah could ketch...but they see me coming a mile away so they lying low😂

1]; } ?>