March 28, 2024, 07:29:42 PM

Author Topic: Imagine T&T have to import Ground Provision  (Read 721 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Imagine T&T have to import Ground Provision
« on: March 10, 2020, 04:35:07 PM »
Imagine T&T have to import Ground Provision and we could grow it in T&T, we have a f00cking waste for a government.

TT to get ground provision from Ghana
JULIEN NEAVES

TT will be receiving ground provision from Ghana, acting Prime Minister Colm Imbert has reported.

He was responding to a prime minister's question in the House on Friday from Couva South MP Rudranath Indarsingh, who asked the purpose of the Prime Minister's current trip to Ghana, as well as people comprising the delegation.

Imbert said Dr Rowley was invited to be the special guest of honour at Ghana's 63rd independence celebrations.

"This is a very high and esteemed honour, and it was accepted by the honourable Prime Minister."

He reported Rowley was also using this opportunity to pursue a number of collaborative arrangements with Ghana, namely an air services agreement and potential expansion for opportunities for partnership in the energy sector, agriculture sector, financial services sector and trade.

He said the delegation included: the Prime Minister's wife; Public Utilities Minister Robert Le Hunte and his wife; Dr John Alleyne, adviser to the Prime Minister on agriculture matters; security officers; press secretary; and a videographer.

Charles asked why there was no technical expert in energy, since energy matters were a significant component of the discussion, and asked what an agriculture expert had to do with energy.

Imbert replied that he never said energy was a major component of the visit nor a major thrust.

"What I want to repeat is that the Prime Minister has specifically taken Dr John Alleyne, adviser on agriculture, and if the honourable member was reading the newspapers he would see that there's already been a news report that TT is to benefit from a new stock of ground provision from Ghana, which is clearly as a result of the technical assistance provided by Dr John Alleyne."

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Imagine T&T have to import Ground Provision
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 05:51:25 AM »
Kamla to Ghana: Don’t take PM’s advice on energy
BY NARISSA FRASER (NEWSDAY)

OPPOSITION Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar says the Prime Minister is in no place to give advice on the topic of energy to any other country, given the sector’s current state in T&T.

During his recent trip to Ghana, Dr Rowley said he was seeking to deepen the African nation’s collaboration with T&T through agriculture and energy.

He revealed this while addressing Independence Day celebrations at the Baba-Yara Sports Stadium in Kumasi, Ghana on Friday.

He said T&T was a “ready partner” that would assist Ghana with the development of its energy sector.

But speaking with media at the opening ceremony for the Penal Fire Station on Tuesday morning, Persad-Bissessar urged Ghanaians not to take the Rowley’s advice.

“I’m very happy the Prime Minister went to see culture and his roots and so on. It’s always good, I’ll encourage everyone if they can afford it, you should go. But what I found very shocking was, having shut down the entire energy industry in our country, he’s giving advice to Ghana on the energy industry.”

She said Government has failed in terms of oil production and T&T’s economy is in a “very bad state.

“We have had a loss in our energy sector in a very bad way and for many reasons. One is the price shocks, but the other has to do with the output, the production. They have not tried to get more oil out the ground. And with the prices so low it may be cheaper to just leave it in the ground.”

Asked about the Prime Minister’s decision to import provisions from Ghana, the Opposition Leader said, “When I talked about agriculture, a main part of my economic transformation master plan has agriculture at the centre for diversification, and the Prime Minister, said 'What’s wrong with her? We don’t have the land.'

"Now he’s talking about planting provisions and so on and that is well and good.”

She said the Government’s days in office were numbered and that it was on its “last leg.

“I have no hope or faith in the solutions the Government may propose at this late stage in office.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>