March 29, 2024, 05:18:14 AM

Author Topic: Josiah Trimmingham Thread  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Josiah Trimmingham Thread
« on: February 13, 2020, 03:02:11 PM »
Forward Madison signs Trinidad and Tobago International Josiah Trimmingham
By Jason Klein (forwardmadisonfc.com)

Forward Madison FC has signed Trinidad and Tobago international Josiah Trimmingham, the club announced Thursday. Trimmingham, a 23-year-old center back, played with the Flamingos last year as a guest player in the team’s exhibition against Minnesota United FC.

This season, with several international spots open on Forward’s 2020 roster, Head Coach and Technical Director Daryl Shore said it was a no-brainer to bring Trimmingham on board.

“With our roster taking shape as it is, we felt like adding center backs was one of our needs,” Shore said. “Watching the Minnesota game last year, you can see that Josiah was able to match up with their forwards and brought a tremendous physical presence. He’s a player who we think could have a really good season for us.”

Trimmingham, who is from San Juan, Trinidad, started his career in his home country’s TT Pro League with San Juan Jabloteh in 2014. Trimmingham’s progression earned him call-ups to the Trinidad and Tobago National Team, including an appearance on the bench during the Soca Warriors’ infamous 2017 win that eliminated the United States from World Cup qualification. Trimmingham made his Trinidad and Tobago debut a month later, starting in a friendly against Guyana.

Trimmingham, who moved on to USL League Two’s FC Miami City in 2019, said his cameo for Forward Madison helped convince him to sign on a full-time basis.

“I was able to really appreciate the Forward Madison fans even before signing my contract,” Trimmingham said. “The atmosphere was great. I’m really excited to be with the team and to be playing for the city, playing for the fans.”

According to Shore, Trimmingham will have a chance to shine in USL League One.

“Josiah is a physical presence in the back, he’s very good in the air and he’s a good one-on-one defender who will bring tenacity to our group,” Shore said. “We’re excited to bring Josiah in and we’re looking forward to what he has to bring.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Josiah Trimmingham Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 03:20:49 PM »
This is how Josiah Trimmingham's 45-minute cameo led to a year-long contract

On June 25, 2019, Josiah Trimmingham put on a Forward Madison jersey for the first time.

He wasn’t officially on the team, but Trimmingham, who was playing with FC Miami City in USL League Two, had worked with his agent to set up a one-week trial with the Flamingos. It just so happened that the week Trimmingham arrived coincided with one of Forward Madison’s biggest games of the season: A marquee exhibition against Major League Soccer’s Minnesota United FC.

It may have been fate, then, that two of Forward’s regular center backs would not feature. Wyatt Omsberg, on loan from Minnesota, was set to suit up for his parent club. And team captain Connor Tobin, dressed in street clothes, was taking a well-deserved rest after a hectic first couple months of the season.

In need of a defender, head coach Daryl Shore turned to Trimmingham. This is the story of how a 45-minute cameo led to a year-long contract.

Trimmingham in Trinidad and Tobago

Josiah Trimmingham’s soccer career has been on an upwards trajectory since he started playing at 10 years old.

Trimmingham, who grew up in San Juan, Trinidad, ran track and played cricket when he was young. Still, soccer was always his strong point. Trimmingham began playing for his hometown team in the TT Pro League in 2014, when he was still only 17, and found that he could compete with much more experienced players.

Trinidad and Tobago’s national team coaches took notice, which led Trimmingham to a more prominent stage. First, he played for Trinidad and Tobago’s U-17 team. Next, the U-20s. Then, for the U-23s.

“[You have to] work your way up,” Trimmingham said. “From being seen, being recognized, to being put into the national pool. Then you have to fight off all your friends - because you all are friends - to get that cap.”

At some point, there was only one more rung to climb. In 2017, Trimmingham was called in to the senior national team for FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Mexico and the United States. Although he didn’t see the field in either of those games, Trimmingham was on the bench when Trinidad and Tobago beat the U.S. 2-1 in October, eliminating the Americans from World Cup contention for the first time since 1986.

Despite his country’s historic victory, though, Trimmingham’s big moment was yet to come.

A month later, on Nov. 14, he finally got his game. Trimmingham started in a friendly match against Guyana, his first-ever official appearance for the Trinidad and Tobago National Team.

“It was a good game, I had good plays, big actions,” Trimmingham remembered. “Representing your country is really the best part of it. After all the training, all the hard work, all the dedication, it’s representing, and that’s where the honor really comes in.”

Half Mingo

With an ever-growing pedigree and a national team cap to boot, Trimmingham started to survey his options abroad. In 2018, he participated in Major League Soccer’s Carribean Combine. A year later, he moved to FC Miami City in USL League Two, making nine appearances during the team’s summer season.

It was during this time that Trimmingham’s agent, Cris Barbosa, made contact with Daryl Shore. Barbosa sent Shore a few highlight videos of his client, and it was enough to catch the Forward Madison manager’s attention.

Trimmingham arrived in Madison on trial, had several days to integrate with the team, and suddenly, was coming on to play the second half in front of a club-record crowd of 4,821. The occasion could hardly have been more meaningful.

“It was the second-biggest game of my life after playing for the national team,” Trimmingham said. “The atmosphere was really great. I felt like I was really back, because I was with the national team in [World Cup qualifiers] versus Mexico and the United States. When we went to Mexico, their fanbase was around 50,000 people. So getting the same taste, with less people but that same energy from Forward Madison fans, was amazing.”

Playing as a right-sided center back, Trimmingham did his best to make an impact. Matched up against forward Mason Toye, Trimmingham used his physicality to get into the game, and one point heading a ball around 30 yards up the pitch.

“Playing against an MLS team, it’s competitive all around the park,” Trimmingham said. Getting up over their big striker (Toye), making that good header, making good passes, it was really enjoyable.”

A Permanent Deal

Trimmingham’s performance against Minnesota impressed Shore, but there would have been challenges in bringing him onto the team mid-way through the season. For starters, Forward Madison had already filled its limited number of international spots, so Trimmingham had to bide his time.

Forward’s offseason brought changes, though, including an open international spot as well as a hole to fill at center back. In the early months of 2020, with preseason training on the horizon, the Flamingos offered Trimmingham the chance to turn his one-week trial into a full season.

Trimmingham accepted, and on February 13, the club made the move official.

“[The Minnesota game] helped with my decision of accepting the offer to come here,” Trimmingham said. “The fans are the 12th man of the team, and without the fans, the team doesn’t have that drive. I was able to really appreciate the Forward Madison fans even before signing my contract.”

Forward Madison fans surely wouldn’t have known it when they left Breese Stevens Field last June, but they had just helped convince a future Flamingo to sign a contract. Now that the fans know his name, Trimmingham’s next task is to make sure they remember it.

“I’m a leading player, with and without the captain’s band,” Trimmingham said. “I make sure the guys are fully organized, make sure the guys are in the position they need to be, because that’s the only way we can win the championship.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 09:33:37 AM »
WATCH: Josiah Trimmingham skips past two players and whips in a pinpoint cross to setup Forward Madison FC's only goal in a 2-1 loss to FC Tucson

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uOd2tXNYXqE?start=138" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uOd2tXNYXqE?start=138</a>
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 09:35:10 AM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Center back Josiah Trimmingham becomes first Forward Madison re-signing for 2021
By Robert Chappell(madison365.com)

Forward Madison FC has re-signed defender Josiah Trimmingham, making him the first player to officially join the Flamingos’ 2021 roster, the club announced in a press release Wednesday.

Trimmingham, a 23-year-old center back from Trinidad & Tobago, established himself as a regular starter for FMFC in 2020 alongside Connor Tobin. With Tobin’s future uncertain, — the 33-year old captain contemplated retirement after the 2019 season —  the re-signing of Trimmingham gives Forward Madison’s formidable backline a solid anchor to build around going into 2021.

In a statement, Trimmingham said Forward Madison’s positive direction as a club made his decision to return an easy one.

“I’m expecting big things for next season,” Trimmingham said. “I’m expecting big things from the guys that are coming back and the new players that are coming in.”

Trimmingham started 13 of Forward Madison’s 16 games in 2020, locking down a consistent spot in the lineup and leading the team with 70 clearances and 37 aerial duels won. He made an impact with his physical style of play, earning the nickname “Tank” from his teammates.

Trimmingham, who is from San Juan, Trinidad, started his career in his home country’s TT Pro League with San Juan Jabloteh in 2014. Trimmingham’s progression earned him call-ups to the Trinidad & Tobago National Team, including an appearance on the bench during the Soca Warriors’ infamous 2017 win that eliminated the United States from World Cup qualification.

After starring as a guest player during one of Forward Madison’s exhibition games in 2019, Trimmingham joined on a full contract for a pandemic shortened 2020 season.

“We endured a lot of obstacles, but from a player’s perspective we overcame all that we could,” Trimmingham said. “Our fans really backed us and it’s nice to see that you have that support going into next season.”

Trimmingham’s signing will be confirmed pending league and federation approval.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 04:47:48 PM »
WATCH: Josiah Trimmingham ready to shoulder Senior Team responsibilities

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fIPmahF41sI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fIPmahF41sI</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Josiah Trimmingham to represent Trinidad and Tobago against USA
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 06:36:26 PM »
Josiah Trimmingham to represent Trinidad and Tobago against USA

Forward Madison defender Josiah Trimmingham has been called up to the Trinidad & Tobago national team for its game against the United States on Sunday, January 31 in Orlando. The match, which is set to kick off at 6 p.m. CT, will air live on Fox Sports 1, UniMas and TUDN.

According to Trimmingham, who has made one prior appearance for Trinidad & Tobago, the selection represents a special moment in his career.

"As a young player coming up, I always aspired to be part of the national team,” Trimmingham said. “It’s a privilege. I’m really, really excited to represent at the highest level.”

Trimmingham started 13 of Forward Madison’s 16 games in 2020, locking down a consistent spot in the lineup with a physical style of play that earned him the nickname “Tank” from his teammates. The Flamingos re-signed Trimmingham in November, making him the first member of the team’s 2021 roster.

In earning his national team call-up, Trimmingham becomes just the second player to represent his country in international competition as a Flamingo. Ally Hamis Ng’Anzi played for Tanzania in 2019, while Josiel Núñez received a nod for Panama shortly after departing FMFC.

“It’s great to have the support of everybody in both my country at home and at my team in Madison,” Trimmingham said. “Forward Madison has had a big role in this because playing for them helped me get selected.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2021, 08:21:15 PM »
WATCH: Josiah Trimmingham scores his first goal of the season in Forward Madison's 2-1 win over South Georgia Tormenta FC. His celebration includes head butting the corner flag.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vSQVs65i7qk?start=15" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vSQVs65i7qk?start=15</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2021, 10:17:25 AM »
Trimmingham moves to striker, keys Forward Madison win over Tormenta
By Robert Chappell (madison365.com)

It was a big night for Josiah Trimmingham.

The Trinidad & Tobago international center back fought immigration issues for three months, thanks in large part to COVID cases surging, then sustained an injury shortly after arriving in Madison.

He finally made his 2021 debut Saturday night, halfway through the season, playing at striker — a position he hasn’t played since high school — as Forward Madison hosted South Georgia Tormenta in a USL League One match.

“(He’s) a big strong lad and very, very willing,” head coach Carl Craig said of the decision to try Trimmingham as an attacker. (Trmmingham is 6’2” and 210 pounds.) “People are looking at me, saying ‘Are you mad?’ No! He’s a major distraction for anyone. And when he got into it, he had a couple of little moves… A big lad up there has to be a major threat. I think our football was a threat regardless of the big man tonight, but with the big man in there as well, especially from set plays, just makes it happen.”

Trimmingham made Craig look like a genius, scoring with a nifty left-footed finish on an assist from Jake Keegan in the 23rd minute, sparking Madison to a 2-1 win.

“Being a professional, you need to know almost all positions on the field, their role and function, so you can adjust accordingly,” he said.

Starting Trimmingham at striker was just one of many changes to the lineup for Craig Saturday night, as he shifted from four defenders to three so the Flamingos, who’ve struggled to score, could put another attacker forward.

After holding all the momentum in the first half, the Mingos gave up the lead early in the second as center back Connor Tobin tripped up Azaad Liadi at the edge of the box and South Georgia was awarded a penalty, which Marco Micaletto converted to goalkeeper Phil Breno’s left.

“It’s a little deflating to be honest,” said Forward Madison midfielder Justin Sukow. “We’re all pumped up at half time, ‘Let’s go out there. Let’s see the game out.’ And then to give up a penalty right away, it’s kind of deflating, but I think we bounced back well, and we kept our heads and we just kept fighting and we knew we could get a goal back.”

Sukow himself did just that in the 63rd minute, as Gustavo Fernandez delivered an inviting cross for Sukow to head home with authority.

It was Sukow’s second of the year and first since May 27. He scored in a friendly against the University of Wisconsin on Tuesday, which bolstered his confidence, he said.

“When the ball goes in the back of the net, it gives you a lot of confidence, no matter what kind of goal it is,” he said. “I was glad I got to do it tonight. I’m going to try to keep it going in the games coming up.”

That goal, along with a Phil Breno save just before the final whistle, sealed the Mingos’ first win in six matches in front of 3,049 fans, who were in full voice as always.

“The crowd’s been behind us all year. We talk about it all the time, we want to give them something to cheer about,” Sukow said.

“That felt amazing,” Trimmingham said of the thunderous ovation he got upon exiting the game just after the hour mark. “It’s always good to have the fan support. That’s what we’re here for, to play football, and to play for the fans mostly.”

The win moved Madison from 10th to 8th in the table, but just two points out of third. The Mingos host Toronto FC II on Wednesday and North Texas next Saturday.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2021, 07:23:16 PM »
Nice header ! :devil:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 04:12:50 PM »
WATCH: Josiah Trimmingham receives the ball with his back to the goal, turns, beats his defender and unleashes a shot from a tight angle into the roof of the net to score his second goal of the season during Forward Madison FC's 3-2 loss to Richmond Kickers.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/27zpIBwm06M?start=14" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/27zpIBwm06M?start=14</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 11:46:08 AM »
WATCH: A pair of goals from Josiah Trimmingham spearheaded Forward Madison FC's 2-1 victory over Union Omaha and kept its slim postseason hopes alive.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ha8QFFbbQXY?start=38" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ha8QFFbbQXY?start=38</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 05:02:17 PM »
The football market is an intriguing commercial space. Trimmingham is locked into employment ... Muckette is locked out of employment. Apples and oranges? Yes, but fruits on similar vines.

Muckette must not want to go to India.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2021, 11:00:55 AM »
The football market is an intriguing commercial space. Trimmingham is locked into employment ... Muckette is locked out of employment. Apples and oranges? Yes, but fruits on similar vines.

I think it might be saying something. just like Trimmingham in late August of this year get "converted" to striker...to leading his team to victory with a brace today. That says something about character. Although I didn't like how he play for T&T, must have something there.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2021, 11:15:01 AM »

I think it might be saying something. just like Trimmingham in late August of this year get "converted" to striker...to leading his team to victory with a brace today. That says something about character. Although I didn't like how he play for T&T, must have something there.

USL League One and international football are very far apart.

1]; } ?>