March 28, 2024, 05:58:22 PM

Author Topic: FIFA appoints normalisation committee for Trinidad and Tobago football  (Read 102843 times)

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA appoints normalisation committee for Trinidad and Tobago football
« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2020, 12:27:02 PM »
What is upsetting is, why didn't FIFA just send their people to work alongside Wallace and company to assist in fixing things.

Then again, we all know why.

I guess the Home of Football findings was the game changer.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 09:12:01 AM by Flex »

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2020, 01:03:46 PM »
The simplistic answer is fraud / corruption /  hiding behind Fifa doors ! There is a sneaking suspicion what has been discovered  thus far is getting too close to Fifa doorstep , so the so called big shots made the decision to make their move now to minimize any potential implications. It's called damage control !

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2020, 02:19:14 PM »
Who cares, we’ve already been sent to our rooms and mammy and daddy is getting ready to shag. with us out of the way of their naughty plans they can experiment with all the new posses mommy read and higlited on cosmopolitan.  ;)

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2020, 03:14:44 PM »
Who cares, we’ve already been sent to our rooms and mammy and daddy is getting ready to shag. with us out of the way of their naughty plans they can experiment with all the new posses mommy read and higlited on cosmopolitan.  ;)

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 28, 2020, 03:50:10 PM »
Not sure who was sent to his or her room homie , but I refuse to buy into that  notion for lack of a better expression , when something is unjustiable or unjust you call it out as is , expose it  for what it is .. it's corruption to its core . Whether or not the ttfa proceeds with its case to cas or not that's a decision they'll have to make but I support them 100 %  !  It's left  to be seen what will transpire..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #155 on: March 28, 2020, 05:48:03 PM »
what if the government was to absolve this debt, would it be accepted by fifa or could it be perceived as government tampering? and if not, would fifa accept such an intervention and remove their measures on the TTFA?

I suggested this a while back but people said why should the govt bail them out... I’m like because it impacts the nation in a positive manner...

Now you will get pnm saying, oil is plummeting so we don’t have the money to help football but even when oil was high it’s the same excuse.. at least Wallace and Ramdhan was much more transparent than previous admins and could have been trusted to bail out football for the betterment of our society

It wouldn’t be considered tampering if they inject it into football directly and monitor payments with no direct control over it.. but then you have to ask yourself, Rowley was there when infantino visited and was neck and neck... I wouldn’t put it past them that the govt is also complicit as well and have sold out
listen mate I’m not going to get into the political ping pong with you but i certainly disagree with the notion that the the prime minister had any hand in this nonsense, especially when he called out infantino when he made his speech at the opening of the home of football, even I was embarrassed when rowley went on to say that fifa was a mafia and initially he was very skeptical about getting involved in the project, and he would reserve all judgement until later.

from my position, dr rowley is a straight shooter who speaks his mind and it showed when he had no reservations in telling the big boss infantino how he felt about fifa and was pulling no punches in that regard. as for the government paying this debt off, it’s not a pnm or unc thing, it all depends on if it’s legal and would it be supported by the tax payers themselves.

it’s an election year, and with this virus eating away at the worlds economy and oil prices at an all time low, this might be the worst time to even think about parting with funds for insignificant ventures. remember how patrick manning was reviled for giving the World Cup players a million each?

I have a lot against both pnm and unc... there are things I know that gives me reason to not like either one of them that I won’t speak about on a public forum...

Hadad is now in charge and this goes straight back to the govt and certain parts of the private sector, they are hell bent on using ttfa as an avenue for corruption and keeping down Cfu and Caribbean football... it’s becoming more evident by the day, which I warned everyone about
please mate leave me be, i can’t do this with you anymore, i’m burnt out with your conspiracy theories from the last administration, now youre back at it with the government and FIFA supposedly being in bed together because this haddad bloke is somehow a pnm supporter. look man I don’t like to curse, but right now your comments have me livid and left me feeling like cursing at you.

no more of your ridiculous notions, the government has absolutely nothing to do with fifa, they don’t need fifa for anything, in fact they have more money than fifa. you sir are a nutter.

And how exactly do you think Hadad name came up? Do you actually think they pulled his name from a hat? why was he recommended and from who? If the Dictator recommended him, which he pulled from the private sector, Hadco, the Hadad brothers, very much connected to the govt ....

You doubted me beforehand and you were wrong, it’s  like you don’t want to believe even though it keeps revealing itself to you..

You can do your corruption and steal etc, but why was the team losing in the process? Bc they sabotaged the damn team, it’s not just about power and money, it’s about TT not being a force in the region and the cfu both on and off the field..

Keep playing blind brother ...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Where does Terry Fenwick stand in regards to this current impasse with FIFA?
« Reply #156 on: March 28, 2020, 06:02:20 PM »
I haven’t heard a word from the national coach after his argument with Look Loy and crew.

Does anyone know where he stands in this? Is he against the Wallace team, for? Or is he on the fence and waiting to take his orders from fifa?

Someone needs to call him out and get his opinion, too many sell outs locally in TT, it’s time we see everyone’s true colours...

Hadad and Romano know absolutely nothing about football and they have been hired to cover up the corruption and take orders. I am not surprised they are willing to undermine Wallace and Look Loy.

In TT there is no loyalty, just corruption and undermining...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 06:09:10 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2020, 06:12:19 PM »
What is upsetting is, why didn't FIFA just send their people to work alongside Wallace and company to assist in fixing things.

Then again, we all know why.

I just the Home of Football findings was the game changer.

Remember in the constitution it stated that you have to be or in a management role in football for X amount of years, that’s what the criteria was?

Well fifa circumvented that, Hadad has no experience in the area, now he is running football in TT for the next two years. SO why was that clause even in the voting process? Bc now they have a compadre bc when you think of it, it was a dumb clause but they only exercised getting rid of it now when they were caught in corruption and TT football was heading in the right direction

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 28, 2020, 06:23:34 PM »
Former national footballer and acting Chairman of the T&T Pro League, Brent Sancho, is in full support of the normalizing committee set up by FIFA to govern the affairs of Trinidad and Tobago football.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lLVv8Vm3LCw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lLVv8Vm3LCw</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wallace: Our decision must not affect T&T football
« Reply #159 on: March 28, 2020, 07:32:41 PM »
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

Ousted T&T Football Association (TTFA), which is led by William Wallace, will decide today on whether it will challenge the decision by FIFA to appoint a Normalisation Committee to govern T&T football, or if they will just accept it.

Wallace told Guardian Media Sports yesterday that his decision will depend on the impact it will have on the sport locally.

"If it jeopardises T&T football then I am willing to walk away. I would not be selfish and see the sport destroyed. And the good thing is that all the other officers in the TTFA are on the same page, so whatever decision we make, it must, in no way affect the sport,” Wallace said.

The football association Attorneys Emir Crowne and Matthew Gayle have been awaiting the response of the TTFA executive on what will be their next move, in light of the recent decision by the world governing body for the sport of football, FIFA, to appoint a five-member committee to govern T&T football after it was found to be heading towards insolvency.

FIFA on March 17 agreed to appoint a Normalisation Committee for local football after a visit by a team from the FIFA and CONCACAF found that there was not a proper structure for local football, and there was also an inability to clear a $50 million debt that has been crippling local football.

The TTFA, through its lawyers, has said it will seek justice on the FIFA through the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) and had already sent a letter to the FIFA asking it (FIFA) to rescind its decision to send a Normalisation Committee. They had given the FIFA up to March 23 to respond but the FIFA never did.

On Friday, FIFA backed up its decision by appointing businessman Robert Hadad to head the five-member committee. He will have as his deputy Environmental lawyer Judy Daniels and Nigel Romano, another businessman, to carry out FIFA’s mandate of running the TTFA's daily affairs; Establishing a debt repayment plan that is implementable by the TTFA; To review and amend the TTFA Statutes (and other regulations where necessary) and to ensure their compliance with the FIFA Statutes and requirements before duly submitting them for approval to the TTFA Congress, and to organise and to conduct elections of a new TTFA executive committee for a four-year mandate.

The committee is to be joined by two other members, who FIFA, in collaboration with the CONCACAF will name in the coming days.

Wallace said yesterday that in addition to protecting T&T football, he and his members have had to consider the huge cost involved in challenging FIFA through the CAS, as well as the repercussions they could face in challenging the world governing body for football.

"We are hearing that we face challenges of not getting the support of the FIFA if we are successful against the FIFA through the CAS.

"I can tell you though, that we face a serious injustice," Wallace told Guardian Media Sports, adding that he is uncertain if he will consider going up for re-elections when the committee has finished its mandate by the two-year period.

"I think it is a bit premature to think about that but I may see a way that I can assist T&T football and may consider it, I don’t know. It all depends on how I can help T&T football."

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2020, 09:33:04 PM »
Former national footballer and acting Chairman of the T&T Pro League, Brent Sancho, is in full support of the normalizing committee set up by FIFA to govern the affairs of Trinidad and Tobago football.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lLVv8Vm3LCw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lLVv8Vm3LCw</a>
i can’t stand the best bone in this man’s body.

By the sound of his voice You could actually visualize him trying his best to hold back his laughter, who laugh last is the name of the game though, i hope yuh laugh good.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 09:40:26 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2020, 09:52:47 PM »
Thank god that there’s justice in the world, it may not always show up when we want it but it shows up when we least expect. jack warner thought that he would never be dethroned, he was in government as the deputy political leader and minister of works and transport, he was also fifa Vice President, concacaf president, CFU president and chairman of the election center of excellence and chairman of joe public, and one by one he started crumbling.

first he lost his transport ministry, then he was banned from FIFA losing all three portfolios in succession, then he was totally removed from the government, then the center of excellence was taken from him, then he lost his football club, then he was indicted by the FBI and is awaiting extradition, now today, the most venerated individual the man who wore many hats is about to lose his freedom, I only hope infantino and montagliani is taking notes, because their fall is immanent, just like blazer, blatter and Jeffery web.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2020, 10:16:07 PM »
Mr Wallace, TT Football is already affected, afflicted and/or infected, regardless of your decision. Even if FIFA themselves pay off the 50 M debt, and put the football back in one of their puppets hands, what from past history and puppeteers modus operandi (inclusive of puppet masters, Veron et al) tell you where our football will be. No sir, you would not have any more negative effect on our football than what there is already. Unless your lawyers themselves run up a further significant bill that add to the debt -  your only contribution to the debt. New FIFA corruption, any corruption, is your duty to expose to the best of your ability as others have recently done. Otherwise if you are aware of a crime and choose to do nothing aren't you complicit. Does our football absolutely need FIFA to develop within the next decade ? Does FIFA need us ? Martinique has strong support of France, but their players do quite well outside of FIFA, Yet still a member of CFU and CONCACAF. 
True, you guys are the ones facing the music, but if y'all leave, will football continue to dance to the new old music. We weren't dancing before. Best Wishes, and God Help in your decisions.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 10:25:52 PM by maxg »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Probably reliving Belgian flaskbacks... He'll keep his head down - he's wanted that job for over a decade

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
He might not want to end up as pub trivia: Name a NT coach who never actually coached a single match during his tenure.

While this matter is one on which the advisable path is for the NT coach not to make a pronouncement, it's just the sort of circumstance that Terry Fenwick is likely to have a more than mild opinion on. The thing is,  whichever way yuh map it,  he's in the crosshairs. The heavy lifting is not mandatory for everyone. 

Water carriers have a role and silence is also a temporary weapon.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 04:26:05 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 29, 2020, 04:19:57 AM »
Mr Wallace, TT Football is already affected, afflicted and/or infected, regardless of your decision. Even if FIFA themselves pay off the 50 M debt, and put the football back in one of their puppets hands, what from past history and puppeteers modus operandi (inclusive of puppet masters, Veron et al) tell you where our football will be. No sir, you would not have any more negative effect on our football than what there is already. Unless your lawyers themselves run up a further significant bill that add to the debt -  your only contribution to the debt. New FIFA corruption, any corruption, is your duty to expose to the best of your ability as others have recently done. Otherwise if you are aware of a crime and choose to do nothing aren't you complicit. Does our football absolutely need FIFA to develop within the next decade ? Does FIFA need us ? Martinique has strong support of France, but their players do quite well outside of FIFA, Yet still a member of CFU and CONCACAF. 
True, you guys are the ones facing the music, but if y'all leave, will football continue to dance to the new old music. We weren't dancing before. Best Wishes, and God Help in your decisions.

Ent.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wallace: Our decision must not affect T&T football
« Reply #166 on: March 29, 2020, 04:43:28 AM »

Ousted T&T Football Association (TTFA), which is led by William Wallace, will decide today on whether it will challenge the decision by FIFA to appoint a Normalisation Committee to govern T&T football, or if they will just accept it.

Wallace told Guardian Media Sports yesterday that his decision will depend on the impact it will have on the sport locally.

"If it jeopardises T&T football then I am willing to walk away. I would not be selfish and see the sport destroyed. And the good thing is that all the other officers in the TTFA are on the same page, so whatever decision we make, it must, in no way affect the sport,” Wallace said.

The football association Attorneys Emir Crowne and Matthew Gayle have been awaiting the response of the TTFA executive on what will be their next move, in light of the recent decision by the world governing body for the sport of football, FIFA, to appoint a five-member committee to govern T&T football after it was found to be heading towards insolvency.

FIFA on March 17 agreed to appoint a Normalisation Committee for local football after a visit by a team from the FIFA and CONCACAF found that there was not a proper structure for local football, and there was also an inability to clear a $50 million debt that has been crippling local football.

The TTFA, through its lawyers, has said it will seek justice on the FIFA through the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) and had already sent a letter to the FIFA asking it (FIFA) to rescind its decision to send a Normalisation Committee. They had given the FIFA up to March 23 to respond but the FIFA never did.

On Friday, FIFA backed up its decision by appointing businessman Robert Hadad to head the five-member committee. He will have as his deputy Environmental lawyer Judy Daniels and Nigel Romano, another businessman, to carry out FIFA’s mandate of running the TTFA's daily affairs; Establishing a debt repayment plan that is implementable by the TTFA; To review and amend the TTFA Statutes (and other regulations where necessary) and to ensure their compliance with the FIFA Statutes and requirements before duly submitting them for approval to the TTFA Congress, and to organise and to conduct elections of a new TTFA executive committee for a four-year mandate.

The committee is to be joined by two other members, who FIFA, in collaboration with the CONCACAF will name in the coming days.

Wallace said yesterday that in addition to protecting T&T football, he and his members have had to consider the huge cost involved in challenging FIFA through the CAS, as well as the repercussions they could face in challenging the world governing body for football.

"We are hearing that we face challenges of not getting the support of the FIFA if we are successful against the FIFA through the CAS.

"I can tell you though, that we face a serious injustice," Wallace told Guardian Media Sports, adding that he is uncertain if he will consider going up for re-elections when the committee has finished its mandate by the two-year period.

"I think it is a bit premature to think about that but I may see a way that I can assist T&T football and may consider it, I don’t know. It all depends on how I can help T&T football."

Dahis what people will tell yuh but it is not a position that FIFA could sustain institutionally even if there were to be political manoeuvres made in-house to frustrate the TTFA. 

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #167 on: March 29, 2020, 07:22:39 AM »
Wallace: We are deliberating next move.
By Jelani Beckles (Newsday).

OUSTED president of the TT Football Association (TTFA) William Wallace, said his team is not rushing into a decision on what their next move would be after a normalisation committee was selected to run the TTFA.

On Friday, local businessman Robert Hadad was chosen as the chairperson of the normalisation committee. He will be joined by deputy chairperson Judy Daniel and member Nigel Romano. According to a media release the FIFA administration, in consultation with CONCACAF, will appoint two more members in the coming days.

FIFA said the mandate of the normalisation committee will include establishing a debt repayment plan that is implementable by the TTFA.

The normalisation committee’s job will end when the assigned tasks are complete, but it would not last more than 24 months.

On March 17, FIFA made the decision to disband the TTFA executive led by president Wallace.

On Saturday, Wallace said his team is uncertain what the next move will be after the three-member normalisation committee was chosen.

“We are still contemplating our next move. We are certain that whatever we do we do not want to affect football in TT negatively, so that is a consideration that we are definitely putting in the mix. Therefore, based on that we have to be careful as to how we proceed, so we are not running into anything with any kind of haste. We are taking our time to deliberate on this before we make our next move.”

FIFA and CONCACAF found that TTFA was not in a position to run football effectively in a fact-finding mission and decided to break up the TTFA hierarchy and form a normalisation committee to take over. Among the reasons FIFA gave to break up the TTFA was the massive debt facing local football, which is said to be $50 million.

Wallace was only voted into office in November, 2019 and inherited the debt.

Days after Wallace and his executive were removed, it was revealed that former finance manager of the TTFA, Tyril Patrick, was appointed to lead the normalisation committee, but he declined the position. Patrick was an employee of the TTFA administration under former president David John-Williams, who led the local football body for four years until November, 2019.

Before Patrick turned down the position, Dr Emir Crowne and Matthew Gayle, the sports lawyers representing Wallace and his former executive, sent Patrick a pre-action protocol letter on March 20.

The lawyers warned Patrick that if he attempted to interfere with the operations of the TTFA and the operations of the executive then they would seek assistance from the courts to prevent him and other people from doing that.

Prior to the three members being appointed to the normalisation committee, Gayle said they intended to fight FIFA for breaking up the TTFA. They are stating that Wallace and his team were elected and an external body has no right to take control of a local body.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #168 on: March 29, 2020, 07:46:28 AM »
CFU member: Dear TTFA, you broke the unwritten rule against ‘witch hunts’
Wired868.

“Based on my experience as a president, nine years now, the parent bodies don’t like those witch hunts because they are considered counter-productive to football development.

“[…] There’s an unwritten script that was set up by the parent bodies and it seems your member association didn’t follow that script…”

The following is a letter written by the football president of a member association within the Caribbean Football Union (CFU)—in response to a request for support by Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) general secretary Ramesh Ramdhan:

Dear general secretary Ramdhan,

Your email and its contents are well received and understood. I was waiting for 24 hours to pass to see if the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) president, executive committee or a member association (MA) would [have] responded to your email. Maybe they did privately.

The CFU has changed over the years. Everything happens now in a vacuum and only a privileged few gets to know what’s happening. Sorry to tell you but every MA is on its own if it has an issue or problem. You have to report directly to Fifa or Concacaf appointed staff to bring your issue to light, then it will be resolved [based] on their findings.

The CFU is non-existent when it comes to assisting in solving conflicts. There [have] been great strides made on the administrative side: [with] the hosting of youth and girls tournaments and adopting new statutes to be in-line with Fifa and Concacaf. But it’s not a political force, as it was in the past.

The assistance and solidarity you are seeking would not be openly given by the majority of the countries, based on what has been put in place by the parent bodies and what line the CFU president and his executive committee is currently holding.

Football administration is a tedious task and there is a fine line between development work and political [witch] hunts. Almost all presidents and new administrations in football go through a scenario of [having to decide] if the will devote time, money and resources on the past administrations’ dealings, or concentrate on the present and future.

Based on my experience as a president, nine years now, the parent bodies don’t like those witch hunts because they are considered counter-productive to football development.

After reviewing the documentation you presented, it seems that witch hunt was a part of your agenda. There’s an unwritten script that was set up by the parent bodies and it seems your MA didn’t follow that script.

I’m not picking sides but what I saw in the media, it seems there was a lot of miscommunication between the parent bodies and your MA. The three entities saw the situation differently.

Looking at it from far, it seems an injustice was done to your MA by removing a duly elected executive committee just under four months from being in office. I just wished cooler heads could [have] prevailed before it had reached this far.

This kind of drastic action could [have] happened to any MA if there is miscommunication or misperception of the situation on the ground in a particular country.

I wish you well in your fight and I hope the other Caribbean countries support you in your quest for information and reasoning as [you take] your case forward.

Regards,

Editor’s Note: Wired868 agreed to publish this letter from a CFU president anonymously.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Glasgow tells TTFA to co-operate with FIFA
« Reply #169 on: March 29, 2020, 08:06:19 AM »
Glasgow tells TTFA to co-operate with FIFA
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday)

POPULAR event promoter Randy Glasgow has given his opinion on the current situation concerning the T&T Football Association (TTFA) and FIFA.

Glasgow believes former president William Wallace and the now disbanded TTFA executive should not battle FIFA on their decision to appoint a normalisation committee.

FIFA appointed a normalisation committee on Friday to run the affairs of the TTFA for a maximum of two years, which will mainly be responsible for clearing the $50 million debt the local football body is currently facing.

Wallace was elected as president of the TTFA in November 2019 and inherited the heavy debt. Wallace and his team are now looking at their legal options with the help of sports lawyers Dr Emir Crowne and Matthew Gayle.

In a release to the media, Glasgow said, “FIFA made the rules and only they could alter it, which means you cannot and will never win them.”

Glasgow encouraged TTFA to not take any legal action against FIFA. “My advice to TTFA – save your legal fees and co-operate with FIFA and its team. Two years is not far away. If you won an election once you could win twice. By then all the debts will be paid off and resources needed to move forward will be available. Why the resistance?”

Glasgow believes the normalisation committee will benefit T&T football. “Think it over chairman Wallace and your team. If you have the national interest, footballers (and) other stakeholders at heart please let the national restructuring and rebuilding start immediately.”

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 29, 2020, 08:27:40 AM »
Not withstanding speculation, politics, conspiracy theories, hypothesis, or any other private or hidden agenda,  what is are the implications of this action by FIFA ? Did we lose our focus on the game in all this?
  Is this move one to ensure:
A.  Financial and administrative competencies are in place to conduct the " business" of football in Tn T?
B What is the pass success of committees like this in resolving the situation in other countries?
C. Will FIFA assist the appointed committee in rectifying the debt and management of TTFA?

It never cease to amaze me that certain elected chair persons of TTFA were  struggling by the challenges of running profitable footballl clubs yet felt that the skills or competencies they possess could be  efficient to manage the nation's football.

This move by FIFA does tug at the ego and the optics of our abilities to take charge of our affairs. What has resulted here, is one compiled of years of ineptitude and mismanagement.
If in two years local appointed directors could rectify this situation then is this not an outcome that would benefit TnT?

I am astonished that for the sake of comparison within the region that a country like Haiti with an economy less flattering than ours is able to achieve success on the field in their National teams?
 How are they managing this ?

What is the role of our pro league executives in this? Pro league owners ar the end of the day is about making money and attempting to make a profit from the sport- is the love and deep desire for the game and the success of our national teams a priority? 

I grew up in an era prior to the pro league and suffice to say the national passion, regional rivarilies were unsurpassed to  community and national support for football.
The very structure that was suppose to support the growth and support the player may also be adding to the demise of our focus on the game in and of itself and the focus of those elected to safeguard it.

Today we are politicking the outcome and decision of FIFA - and yes  I too am shamed that it had to get to this stage but could we be objective and montitor the impact this may have on bringing back a focus on the game for TnT .

We need to wash our hands clean of this insidious virus which has been plaguing our football for decades- need  to isolate from corruption and kickbacks self politizing and grandstanding and distance ourselves from the detractors  . Focus on the game and revive a national passion for our country as a footballl nation. You can't just talk this it has to be instilled and be embedded in how we run our business  throughout each individual player to each club right up to the pro leagues and our TTFA.  We have to have a new normal not a constant rehashing of what was -  eradicate the virus from our football once and for all.
My two cents.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 08:53:21 AM by ABTrini »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
He might not want to end up as pub trivia: Name a NT coach who never actually coached a single match during his tenure.

While this matter is one on which the advisable path is for the NT coach not to make a pronouncement, it's just the sort of circumstance that Terry Fenwick is likely to have a more than mild opinion on. The thing is,  whichever way yuh map it,  he's in the crosshairs. The heavy lifting is not mandatory for everyone. 

:applause: :applause: :applause:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 29, 2020, 11:29:16 AM »
How does the appointment of this normalization committee affect the present situation ? Does all the work and strategic planning done by the ousted TTFA administration become null and void? Are all the coaching appointments from senior team to U-15 cancelled and no longer in effect with the new committee charged with naming replacements? Also, what about the player identification programs in place for UK, US and Rest of World for prospective players. I have not seen any discussions on this at all. What gives?

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 29, 2020, 12:21:06 PM »
Very valid point ! I guess we have to wait on the rest of the script to unfold , it's left to be seen .

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Good point  :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Probably reliving Belgian flaskbacks... He'll keep his head down - he's wanted that job for over a decade

:beermug:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wallace, VPs need $$$ to challenge FIFA
« Reply #176 on: March 29, 2020, 08:46:25 PM »
Wallace, VPs need $$$ to challenge FIFA

Former president of the T&T Football Association (TTFA) William Wallace will have to find an estimated TT$300,000 to $500,000 for legal costs if he and his three vice presidents are to challenge the world governing body for football (FIFA) in their efforts of overturning FIFA's decision to removed them from office and implement a Normalisation Committee to manage the affairs of T&T football.

This is just one of the many factors being considered by Wallace and former vice presidents Clynt Taylor, Joseph Sam Phillip and Susan Joseph-Warrick, as they struggle to decide before they instruct their Attorneys Dr Emir Crowne and Matthew GW Gayle.

Wallace, who was elected president on November 24, 2019, of the TTFA, is considering mounting a challenge against FIFA through the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) in Switzerland.

On Saturday Wallace, the former president of the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) said a determination on what action to take was going to be made on Sunday, but when Guardian Media Sports contacted him he said they were still at the same position as the day before.

The embattled T&TFA elected officers have been trying to cope with a decision made by FIFA on March 17 to enforce articles 8.2 of its Statutes and appoint a normalization committee to govern T&T football, which officially removed them all executive positions.

Wallace said on Saturday that their decision would depend on whether the country's football would be impacted. But while he remained mum on their next move yesterday, T&TFA general secretary Ramesh Ramdhan said the football association, though in a cash-strapped position, would have to spend up to approximately half a million dollars to fight their case.

Ramdhan, a contracted employee, believes the statutes of the FIFA is another key factor preventing the T&TFA from mounting a legal challenge, saying: “When we challenge FIFA and win, then what. What about the repercussions. Where would it leave us and our football? Whatever is done then the broader interest of football, must be put first.”

He told Guardian Media Sports on Sunday that the FIFA statutes are heavily weighted against litigation and because of this, the country could face additional costs if it wins, as well as being suspended, as many clauses allow the FIFA to take action against Member Nations that take it to court. Ramdhan, a former FIFA World Cup referee, who publicly admitted that he has had to borrow money to pay the TTFA's staff in February, explained that the association could also face the possibility of paying huge sums to the FIFA should the challengers lose through CAS.

On Wednesday, FIFA named businessman Robert Hadad, one of three directors of the HADCO Group of Companies as chairman of the Normalization committee with attorney Judy Daniel, a specialist in Environmental Law as deputy chairman and Nigel Romano, a former president of the JMMB Bank who is now a Director and partner at Moore T&T as a member.

FIFA said the other two members will be named in the coming days.

The normalization committee has been given a mandate by FIFA: To run the TTFA's daily affairs; To establish a debt repayment plan that is implementable by the TTFA; To review and amend the TTFA Statutes (and other regulations where necessary): To ensure their compliance with FIFA Statutes and requirements before duly submitting them for approval to the TTFA Congress; and To organise and to conduct elections of a new TTFA executive committee for a four-year mandate.

Ramdhan said the TTFA was attempting to do the same thing but was stopped prematurely and unfairly.

Meanwhile, with also a week gone since the naming of the committee, Wallace said his team will make its decision soon as it still has a lot of time to do so.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Murphy’s law—A painful saga for TTFA
« Reply #177 on: March 29, 2020, 08:55:53 PM »
Murphy’s law—A painful saga for TTFA
By Colin Murray (T&T Guardian)

Following my column last week, several readers asked me if I supported the current T&T Football Association (TTFA) administration as I appeared to not support the previous one. I chuckled to myself as this episode with FIFA has nothing to do with whom I support or don’t support, I simply support what is fair.

It is interesting to note however that the current executive of the TTFA is receiving outstanding support from their member associations. Then, there are those members who no matter what, will find fault and criticise simply because they don’t want the particular executive to run the sport.

If you belong to any organisation, there will certainly be a few individuals who try their best to find fault with the executive simply because they may not get their way. But generally, as one source pointed out, “Those individuals are haters” and one has to ignore their rantings and do what is best.

One body that interestingly supports FIFA’s establishment of a normalisation committee to steer the financial and statutory affairs of the TTFA is the Board of the T&T Pro League. On one hand, a release from the Pro League had indicated that it had unanimously accepted the decision by FIFA but then, the rumours began to make the rounds that it was not unanimous. Whether or not unanimous, like in all democratic organisations when it was put to the vote, the majority of Pro League clubs had voted in favour of the normalisation committee.

Meanwhile, when one looks at the clubs that make up the Pro League, it is not difficult to understand why. Let’s be honest, the Pro League has struggled over the years for sustainable crowds, financial stability, adequate sponsorship, marketing and branding and proper direction.

As one of my WhatsApp chat group members sent in a message, “Pro League games still on despite COVID-19 fears as there would be no more than 25 people and they can sit 20 feet apart”. Unfortunate, but it does make you sit up and think.

The Pro League has had and continues to have credible individuals within their midst. I have no doubt that their heart is in football and they see this takeover by FIFA as a welcomed opportunity for them to lean on the world governing body to receive some funding to address the needs of the League. Funding is good, but it is obvious the League cannot see this funding coming from the TTFA; even if they get the money, the work only then begins.

Who is going to rebrand and market the league? Where is the sponsorship money coming from besides FIFA? How will the communities be enticed? Are they going to continue playing in big, empty stadiums?

I genuinely hope the league walks the talk they are preaching. The time for mudslinging, character assassinations and egotism in our football should be kicked out and we move to work as one; nice words I am sure, but I often wonder, how many of them can really hold their heads up high and be true to their words?

It is quite obvious that with the support the ousted executive of the TTFA is a beneficiary of, they feel hard done by and quite frankly, it remains difficult to not agree with them. They have already issued a pre-action protocol letter to battle the mighty FIFA through the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Switzerland, often referred to as the Supreme Court of sporting disputes. Quite a few people in football have told me that the TTFA doesn’t stand a chance. I certainly won’t doubt them as FIFA seems to be on solid ground and when they are not, they threaten an association by debarring them from all levels of football - you just can’t seem to win any battle with FIFA.

It is an extremely sad situation as the decision to instate a normalisation committee is not only premature but goes completely against the grain of a newly elected democratic organisation that was not given ample opportunity to try and succeed. The other unfortunate situation facing the TTFA is that they do not have and will fail to have support from the other Caribbean nations as they themselves could face a similar situation. So they will, as a friend of mine says, “Eat their biscuit and shut their mouth”.

You see, say whatever you wish about Austin Jack Warner - love him or loathe him, this could have never happened in his era. Caribbean football was strong; the region was united and the 31 votes we had were not fragmented.

But unfortunately, it does not appear so today and when I read the president of the Caribbean Football Union making comments about how difficult it will be to adequately administer football in T&T, I wondered whether he checked with the TTFA executive about their plans. More importantly, where was he over the last four years? I suppose he ought to be guarded with his words.

Some burning questions remain at the forefront of this brutal saga: if FIFA was so concerned with T&T football, why didn’t they send in their financial wizards to work with the TTFA? How come FIFA’s fact-finding team said to the TTFA not to bother to use the ‘Home of Football’ as a revenue-generating measure? Did the TTFA not say to the mission that the debt will be cleared in two to three years? What is the real reason FIFA removed the executive of the TTFA? And why is there a need for new elections following the work of the normalisation committee?

As I’ve stated previously, this takeover by the high and mighty stinks to the extreme. But I admire the democratically elected TTFA executive for battling against what is unjust and relentlessly pursuing what they believe in. Will they win their battle at CAS? Only time will tell.

But if they don’t, as Murphy’s law goes, anything that can go wrong will go wrong. A painful reality indeed.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hadad ready for TTFA challenge
« Reply #178 on: March 29, 2020, 09:08:11 PM »
Hadad ready for TTFA challenge
T&T Guardian

Newly appointed chairman of the FIFA-designated Normalisation Committee (NC), Robert Hadad, was surprised by the call to head the unit but expressed a genuine willingness to help put T&T football back on the right path. This after the William Wallace-led T&T Football Association (TTFA) was disbanded by FIFA on March 17 after it was elected on November 24, 2019.

Hadad, who was placed in charge of T&T’s football with immediate effect, spoke passionately on i95.5fm Isports' Saturday programme with host Andre Errol Baptiste on the road ahead.

“Football here in Trinidad and Tobago is huge, people love the game. It is a privilege to be involved in it, whatever the circumstances I am coming into," said Hadad, who is one of three Chief Executive Officers of the HADCO Group of Companies.

"I have watched the TTFA have many challenges over the years. I know fans and people love football, it brings out a sense of patriotism in everybody. We long for an association, a national team to be proud of, makes all of us feel good and I share that aim and that is why I agreed to help and that is what I want to achieve."

He is part of five-member NC appointed on Friday to take over the governance of T&T football along with retired international banker Nigel Romano, a Director and Partner at Moore T&T, who is also a former chairman of the JMMB Bank, as well as American-based Attorney and Environmental Law Specialist Judy Daniel. There are two members still to be named by FIFA in the coming days.

Surprise call from FIFA

According to Hadad, a couple of weeks ago he got a phone call and was bluntly asked if he was interested in being a part of the NC?

"It took me back a bit and I sat down and said wow!" said Hadad honestly. "I do not know where this came from, I am guessing that they asked around. When they contacted me, I was taken aback and surprised. A couple of friends of mines called me and said, some people are asking about you, I didn’t know who it was."

However, he didn't let the uncertainty deter him from taking up the challenge with current pandemic nudging him towards committing to the post.

"This Covid-19 shook me up and I said, I really should get involved and make a difference. I saw the patriotism and the dedication of many members in our government and people stepping up to the plate and making an effort and our health care workers," Hadad internalised, saying to himself: "You have a talent, you have an ability, why don’t you get involved in this and try to make a difference, and it drove me to the point, where I said 'Yes FIFA', I am interested.”

He was interviewed by about three to four people from FIFA about his life and career, his involvement in football and if any affiliations.

"I don’t know, how they picked me. A few people in FIFA contacted me, they are from the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) and CONCACAF, " said Hadad, who describes himself as a 'real family man'.

Hadad worked with Brown, Camps

“I have been in the family business (Hadco, Lighthouse, Peppercorn and Nova), for the last 30 years. We started our own business, my two brothers and I. Our father died at 49 and we had to decide to take care of our family.

"My degree is in accounting (University of the West Indies). I am a real Caribbean Boy. I love my country and I love everything about T&T, said Hadad, who worked in accounting at Peat Marwick, before the family business got going in 1992. However, it was while working at Peat Marwick in 1990 he got into the administrative side of the football.

"I worked with Ralph Brown and Ollie (Oliver) Camps at the end of the 'Road to Italy 1989'. I was an auditor and my assignment was actually working on the Road to World Cup Fund and doing the audit for them afterwards, so it's kind of funny, that 30-plus years afterwards, I am here now, trying to make an impact, back in football and maybe turn things around a bit.

“I love football, I love sport, I am a real sports fanatic it is a big source of problems with my wife and myself. When we sit at night all I want to look at is sports, she wants to look at a romantic comedy, every night it is the same story she falls asleep after five minutes," said Hadad said jokingly. he revealed that his youngest son piqued his interest in the sport locally. He is an aspiring goalkeeper with Queen's Park Cricket Club football team and he made it onto the national team.

Meeting with football stakeholders

Hadad, who is involved in a sponsorship mechanism with the Camboulay Foundation, has become the most popular individual in local football as former executive members have already reached out to him.

“My phone has been on fire. I spoke to Mr Wallace (William, the former president) and I got a Whatsapp message from Mr David John-Williams, telling me congratulations. I kind of know all the players here at stake, in the association. I have already spoken with Ramesh Ramdhan (TTFA general secretary).

"My objective is for people to recognise that I am not here favouring one side or the other. I don’t know why we are here, I know it is not the fault of any one particular administrative group. I am guessing that we are here because of many mistakes along the road. I am just here to try with the team that I am involved in to make things better. The best way we could put TTFA back on the right track,” said Hadad.

He explained that “We came together already, individually Nigel Romano and myself, Judy and myself, have spoken a few times. We are in touch with each other but at the end of the day, we need to decide, when those other two people come on, what are the assets of those two people the bottom line for us is that over the next two weeks we cannot do much, we are going to be strapped down like everybody else in our homes. "FIFA did what it had to do for whatever reasons. I am just seeing an opportunity to put T&T football back on the right track."

NC now running TTFA day-to-day affairs

Moving forward under FIFA, Hadad cited that the NC has a clear remit, to run the TTFA daily affairs, analyse the current financial situation with a quick debt repayment plan and decide exactly how they are getting there, where are they getting this money to cover each expense. "We will looking at the statutes and the regulations so that we can comply with the FIFA statues because that is very important and then we have to organise an election,” explained Hadad.

Hadad revealed he is not interested in any remuneration for this job: “I made it clear when I took this job that I am not interested in any payment. Outlined in the contract is a stipend for expenses and whatever, but to be quite frank with you, I am so happy in my life and my skin. I love where I am in my life and I am just ready to give back to my country and at this time of need.”

Confidentiality is key in the process

Hadad went on to touch on the importance of confidentiality, on the TTFA office, meeting with individuals that will aid in getting T&T back on the right path.

“Everybody has to respect that (confidentiality). We must keep the matters of FIFA between us and FIFA and what is to come out to the wider population will come out. But at the end of the day, we are not here to dig up any bones that have been buried over the years and go back and figure out, who did what and who did that. We are not interested in that, we are interested in taking a position of the day and making a better organisation for all of us to be proud of,” said Hadad.

Seeking advice from Guyana's Urling

He explained that the current situation at the moment with the offices of the TTFA will remain unchanged and that he plans to reach out to the former head of the NC in Guyana Clinton Urling to get some information, so I am planning to spend a lot of time on Skype or zoom but we are not going to the office because it is illegal and we have to respect that. So we in holding pattern for a couple of weeks,” said Hadad, who added that all contracts given by TTFA will be upheld.

“I am guessing we have to maintain the contracts with everybody, we cannot walk in there and cancel a contract of anybody but we will have to read the contracts. We will have to find out exactly how long these contracts are for and have to meet with the coaches. We're probably going to have to meet with everybody, the technical director and the rest of the members of the staff and decide what is the best way for football. But I am clear in my mind that we need to divide the business into the day-to-day running, cleaning up of the accounts payable, the technical side. All of that will be decided in the next couple of months.

Hadad said, "I am going to follow the guidelines of FIFA. I am not a 'yes man' so I will challenge FIFA. Me and my team we will challenge them because we know the dynamics of our country, we know what Trinbagonions want and we are going to try to do our very best.”

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 29, 2020, 10:09:59 PM »

Ent.

I don't know what Martinique has to do with this. Martinique is French depart. They can play regional football, not WC. You have to be independent to play. Any  French colony players can play for France. That has been for the longest while.

1]; } ?>