March 28, 2024, 08:07:10 PM

Author Topic: FIFA appoints normalisation committee for Trinidad and Tobago football  (Read 102855 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA appoints normalisation committee for Trinidad and Tobago football
« Reply #210 on: April 03, 2020, 12:35:13 PM »
Brian Williams work for DJW for umpteen years you have to remember.

I really shame of my fellow countrymen. So called patriots
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 04, 2020, 02:16:36 AM »
I was reading a news article where Ramdhan and lok loy locked horns on the issue of the normalization committee and information sharing done by mr ramdhan. now one of the things that eats me about trinidad and tobago and the way they do business down there is the fact that the media always have some tale to tell about some petty disagreement that took place between folks in positions of importance. why does everything has to reach the point where grown men have to run to the media every time they take the piss of each other? FFS man grow up people.

as it stands FIFA is already breathing down our necks yet every Monday morning Keith lok loy and someone on the committee is having a row that somehow makes sport news, just recently fenwick had to apologize to someone else on the board over something silly, so why is it that these people in the federation cant sit down quietly and privately and iron out their differences behind close doors, why do my people love so much staging and media coverage?

I think wallace needs to think long and hard about how to approach this presidency and how well they could keep their heads together putting egos aside while keeping the media out of their business by giving them little to nothing to report.

and I must say though, the TT media is one wretched profession. if a snake makes its way down town that makes the news, if an old woman fell on the sidewalk it makes news, if a dog drinks from the canal, it’s more than likely to make the news. so where are we going with all and this media frenzy? IMO this could never be good for a country's image when you have desperate journalist running around scrapping up stories from off the ground just so that they can stay relevant.

IMO the media was very instrumental in bringing down this very young federation that is why if, and i say this optimistically, if the TTFA were to be reinstated, then they must change the way they do business, and should no longer allow the media in their bedroom, just keep them in your verandah where they belong.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 02:38:32 AM by pull stones »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
After ww2 Germany benefitted from a “debt jubilee”. It’s origins dating back to the Jewish presence in ancient Babylon.

Hypothetically, let’s just say the g20 decides to entertain the idea of a debt jubilee to prevent the impending global depression.

And our beloved politicians locally follow suit as usual, theoretically this would erase all of ttfa debt owed. In the event of that happening, it would mean the FIFA NC would no longer be needed in theory. The clean slate would present a unique opportunity for Wallace and Look Loy to rebuild without the burden and the monkey on their back.

Keep in mind this idea is being floated around to save the global economy, but it’s still hypothetical and in its early stages. But it could save our football from FIFA neo colonialism .....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Contro, yuh slipping. :devil:

Render unnecessary? The NC was "unnecessary" from jump. A priori and a posteriori.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 08:19:32 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ramdhan, Look Loy lock horns over FIFA's Normalisation Committee
« Reply #214 on: April 04, 2020, 09:00:41 AM »
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

Ramesh Ramdhan, general secretary of the T&T Football Association (TTFA), has said he will not be drawn into an unnecessary fight with Keith Look Loy, the former chairman of the TTFA technical committee, over alleged information being leaked to the new FIFA-appointed normalisation committee, which has taken control of T&T football.

Look Loy, "I had no issue with Ramdhan giving information to Hadad because he is an employee of the TTFA."

Ramdhan, a former World Cup referee now turned football administrator has been providing requested information to the Normalisation committee which was installed last week, is being led by businessman Robert Hadad, and include Attorney Judy Daniel and retired banker Nigel Romano, a director and partner of Moore T&T.

The controversial former TTFA technical committee chairman, who is also a member of the board of directors of TTFA by virtue of being the T&T Super League’s President said if Ramdhan wanted to take a political position, he would have to resign because he (Look Loy) recognises Wallace as the president of the TTFA.

Contacted on Friday, Ramdhan made it clear that when he received a letter from football’s world governing body, FIFA, requesting that he stay on to help the normalisation committee last Thursday, he immediately telephoned William Wallace, the former president TTFA, to inform him.

He said Wallace told him to do what he had to do and noted that the sport should not be allowed to suffer at any time.

Ramdhan, who made it clear he was not beholden to the persons who appointed him as general secretary as his position was an independent one, is directing Look Loy to the TTFA’s constitution which gives him the right to share info, being the go-to man from FIFA, the Caribbean Football Union (CFU), the Confederation of North Central American and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF), as well as all other football-related bodies on matters.

According to the TTFA constitution, the general secretariat shall carry out all the administrative work of TTFA under the direction of the general secretary. The members of the general secretariat are bound by the Internal Organisation Regulations and shall fulfil the given tasks in good faith:

1. The general secretary is the chief executive officer of the general secretariat;

2. He shall be appointed on the basis of an agreement governed by private law and shall have the necessary professional qualifications;

3. He shall be responsible for: a) implementing decisions passed by the general meeting and board of directors in compliance with the president’s directives; b) attending the general meeting and meetings of the board of directors, emergency committee and the standing and ad-hoc committees; c) organising the general meeting and meetings of the board of directors and other bodies; d) compiling the minutes for the meetings of the general meeting, board of directors, emergency committee and standing and ad-hoc committees; e) ensuring that the accounts of TTFA are properly managed and up to date; f) the correspondence of TTFA; g) relations with the members, committees, FIFA, CONCACAF and CFU; h) organising the general secretariat; i) the appointment and dismissal of staff working in the general secretariat upon approval of the president; j) the appointment and dismissal of managerial staff, upon approval of the president and the board of directors.

4. The general secretary may not be a delegate at the general meeting or a member of any body of TTFA.

Ramdhan, who has not been paid salaries for four months and was the one who borrowed monies to ensure staff members were paid their February wages, has dismissed calls by the former chairman of the technical committee Look Loy for him to resign as general secretary if he wants to get into the politics of football.

“I came into the United TTFA to serve football and to date, I still want to serve the sport. I have been liaising with Hadad and sharing information with respect to football,” said Ramdhan, telling Guardian Media Sports that he has spoken to Hadad about the non-payment of TTFA staff for the month of March.

Contacted yesterday, Wallace, did not see any problems with Ramdhan’s commitment as secretary.

“If he is the secretary of the normalisation committee then he has to act as such and that is it. I do not see anything that points to Ramdhan getting into the politics of the game. Ramdhan has also taken the position to be secretary, which is fine for me,” Wallace said.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 04, 2020, 12:18:14 PM »
Mr Look Loy needs to chill if his PRESIDENT is cool. He not and didn’t want to be in charge. Not everyone agrees with one’s view, so get closer to them to try and see theirs.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Contro, yuh slipping. :devil:

Render unnecessary? The NC was "unnecessary" from jump. A priori and a posteriori.

Hmm, I’m not slipping... it was already a farce my friend...

Rendered irrelevant comes from the perspective of FIFA, meaning they would have no justification to launch this attack bc in essence there would be no longer a debt  ;)

They would not be able to use the debt to justify their illegal move anymore...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Boy I could see it now. Now that the debt erase we still need the normalization committee to put financial measures and best practices in place.

Wallace and them need to follow this investigation all the way through no matter what the consequences. That is the only way.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 04, 2020, 04:13:47 PM »
Mr Look Loy needs to chill if his PRESIDENT is cool. He not and didn’t want to be in charge. Not everyone agrees with one’s view, so get closer to them to try and see theirs.
thats exactly my point. since the United ttfa won the election the only time you heard from wallace was when they were making positive moves, the man was quiet and subdued throughout the process. now I don’t know if he knew that some how the fat boss was cooking up a scheme in his diabolical kitchen and was keeping an eye on the creep having prior knowledge of how mad minded he was and could get into mischief, the same way he did during the build up of the election with the Nike fiasco, but wallace was certainly diligent.
Keith on the other hand was not so cautious.

every other week on the papers there was an article involving Keith lok loy exchanging unpleasantries with someone over something minor, if it’s not fenwick it’s sancho and this one and that one and the other one. come on people where we going with that?

Look around us and you would see how other presidents in the region dealt with abnormalities, they bunkered down and kept things in the board room. you rarely hear from the the american, canadian or the Mexican federation, apart from gullati launching a program to benefit the sport, how often we heard of him in the media during his tenure? 

we in trinidad love too much mix up and gallantry. every time you look around it’s some unnecessary tussle taking place over child’s play, and if we are to be taken seriously the we need to stop that and begin to operate professionally like the big boys of the world do, and keep the media far away from our business. that goes for political too. it’s just disgusting to behold.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Boy I could see it now. Now that the debt erase we still need the normalization committee to put financial measures and best practices in place.

Wallace and them need to follow this investigation all the way through no matter what the consequences. That is the only way.
you just took the words right off my finger tips mate. i was just beginning to type when your post came in. according to fifa it’s about constitutional reform, transparency and debt management, that was their trumped up reasons for removing a constitutionally elected federation, not suspending, but removing permanently from the position.

years ago i used to wonder how did the world allow a group of old crooks to congregate and take over a whole sport allowing them to do as they like without as much as a push back from the economic super powers of the world.

I remembered years ago when Jennings was pursuing FIFA with ferocity no one stood with him and made their voices heard apart from the english FA, even the Americans were silent until the World Cup bid where they both were undone by jack warner, and even then we were in support of FIFA when the Americans and the brits were trying to bring them down, and our federation stood quietly along with the rest of concacaf,

and had it not been for america and their pressure on FIFA, jack warner would still be in charge of football in TT and we would still be crying when would it end. I think now is as good time as any to join forces and rid the world of FIFA for good, and a responsible body put in place with a fair and conscientious constitution, or else we would get formats like what we have in the World Cup qualifying in concacaf, and four and a half spots for spa confederation with that only has ten teams, and three and a half spots for a federation with 41 teams, how on earth could that be fair.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Look Loy under fire from TTSL VP, clubs
« Reply #220 on: April 04, 2020, 07:11:34 PM »
Look Loy under fire from TTSL VP, clubs
T&T Guardian

The decision of the T&T Super League (TTSL) to throw financial support behind the former T&T Football Association (TTFA), four executive members, in their efforts to fight the world governing body for football, FIFA, through the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) in Switzerland, for removing them from office on March 17, is being challenged.

On Thursday, Keith Look Loy, president of the TTSL, who is also the former chairman of the TTFA technical committee, said the majority of clubs in the super league have agreed to give US$2,000 (estimated TT$12,000) as a donation to help cover the legal fees of the TTFA, which stands at an estimated TT$300,000 to $500,000.

The former TTFA officers have so far raised US$1,905 through its https:/www.gofundme.com/f/TTFA-Fights-FIFA-Intervention account.

The former TTFA executive officers who will be represented by Attorneys Dr Emir Crowne and Matthew GW Gayle launched a ‘go fund me’ initiative on March 30, which called on members of the public to give generously to cover the cost of their legal challenge.

The former executives of president William Wallace and vice presidents Clynt Taylor, Susan Warrick-Joseph and Joseph 'Sam' Phillip are trying to garner financial support, after FIFA appointed a normalisation committee to manage the affairs of local football on March 27.

However, some clubs have said they were unfairly left out of the decision-making process as they were never consulted.

Jameson Rigues, TTSL’s first vice president as well as Guaya United owner Randy Hagley, Derek Edwards of Petit Valley/Diego Martin United and Police have said they only learned that such a decision was made via the media.

Rigues also explained that several clubs that were suspended from not competing in the league’s last two competitions have also called him seeking answers. The 2019 season was contested by 13 clubs.

“As a board member, I have received no letter of communication, no email or WhatsApp message seeking support for the TTFA. In fact, I believe that by Look Loy is being heavily involved in the then TTFA as a former board member and technical committee chairman, I see it as a direct conflict of interest as he lobbies for something that would directly impact him,” Rigues explained.

He said, “Clubs such as Marabella Family Crisis Centre, Harlem Strikers, Defence Force, 1976 Phoenix among others, should be given respect and honour as shareholders, although being suspended. The clubs believe they should have been part of a decision that would impact on the monies that they are invested. Where is the financial statement of the organisation, and how much do we have in our accounts, and can we afford to spend that kind of money on former TTFA members. I think this is very unfair.”

Asked by Guardian Media Sports if as First vice president of Super League if he was part of the League's decision to give TTFA support to challenge FIFA decision to send a Normalisation Committee to fix T&T football? Riques said: "I learned of the league's decision via a newspapers article on March 24 and I learned of the decision to donate US$2000 to United TTFA to challenge FIFA in CAS via a TV Sports report."

Questioned further as to if the President's actions are a conflict of interest Riques replied, "I find the TTSL President, Keith Look Loy is operating like he has something to hide. Those actions call into question an abuse of power, because there is no transparency in the manner that those decisions were made, and here you are making announcements in the media about TTSL support. Who really knows how many clubs were For or Against these decisions? Where is the evidence? Where is the transparency? He wouldn't run it by me because he knows that I will ask the right questions. I think that the method utilized, without transparency was to manipulate the clubs."

TTSL’s membership of some 22 clubs has whittled down to 13 presently, due to issues of non-compliance, inability to pay registration fees, club drop-outs and a clause which leads to automatic suspension if clubs miss consecutive competitions in the League.

Rigues called for the names of the clubs that agreed to support the TTFA, to be put out to the public for all to see.

Guardian Media Sports sent three questions via WhatsApp to Super League president Look Loy regarding the questions and comments made by Rigues and some club officials, however, he read the message but up to press time he did not reply.

Meanwhile, Colin Murray, a member of TTSL’s board of directors said he knows for sure that letters of the request were sent out to the membership via email and WhatsApp, and he knows that about eight or nine clubs responded positively.

When contacted two of the clubs that heeded the call of the TTFA request were Erin FC and Prison FC. Prisons manager Ferdinand Bibby said, his club’s decision to support the former TTFA was to show the other clubs that the membership will be ready to support clubs that fall on hard times.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

It’s an investigation with no merit brother..

Their basis is what exactly? The financial measures and best practices were already there and Wallace and team were improving on it and getting to the bottom of it, until fifa intervened to save their neck...

Basically fifa is appointing whoever they want to lead our football, they don’t care and want to sabotage us, the Cfu having no power is further evidence of their true goal.... all of sudden corneal and others names are showing up on positions... wth is that?

Without the debt, fifa has no legs to stand on bc they are using that as an excuse which they allowed to happen under the dictator... Hadad knew before he was going to be selected, even if there was an interview, it would be to tow the line...

Our nation is filled with puppets, they also know Look Loy will retire in 2 years, so hence the 24 months to ensure progress doesn’t happen
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 01:18:31 PM by Controversial »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
When I reference investigation I do not mean the normalization committee. I mean the investigation that Wallace and them initiated into the home of football and the financial malpractice of the previous administration. We need to follow that to the end to unravel all this FIFA corruption
We on the same page

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Najjar gives TTFA challenge little chance of success
« Reply #223 on: April 05, 2020, 01:59:15 PM »
Najjar gives TTFA challenge little chance of success
Jamaica Gleaner

Former Trinidad and Tobago (T&T) head coach Dr Hannibal Najjar has held out little hope for the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association’s (TTFA) appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) against FIFA’s sudden takeover of the organisation.

“I don’t think they have a chance in hell or heaven to be represented because I don’t think we’ve got ourselves strong enough,” Najjar told CNC3 TV here.

“They don’t have enough experience in them and enough contacts to see who they would be able to call to get some kind of assistance on what they could do.

“To come in and move them out in the first place … means they were the wrong choice. You never thought they would’ve won.”

In a sudden move last month, football’s governing body announced that it was replacing the William Wallace-led TTFA executive with a normalisation committee just four months after being elected.

This followed an assessment of the TTFA’s finances, carried out by FIFA, which revealed “extremely low overall financial management methods combined with a massive debt”.

RISK OF INSOLVENCY

With the TTFA “facing a very real risk of insolvency and illiquidity”, FIFA said that it would take charge of the daily operations of the organisation for the next two years so that “corrective measures [could] be applied urgently”.

However, Wallace pushed back against the decision, announcing that the TTFA had retained legal counsel and would “oppose FIFA’s injustice” at the CAS in Lausanne, Switzerland.

Najjar, who led T&T in a handful of matches before quitting in 2003, said he had been left “traumatised” by FIFA’s actions.

“It’s a mess, not only the last few weeks, but it (TTFA) has been running as a messy affair for the last few years,” said Najjar.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
There should be / need to be further investigation into Djw and Fifa officials as it relates to the home football project !

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 05, 2020, 07:15:54 PM »
If appellants the world over declined to pursue the right to appeal based on speculatively unfavorable outcomes or the lack of favorable certainty, there would be an abundance of injustices ratified by inaction and myriad impediments to human progress as we have known it.

The naysayers fail to appreciate that pursuit of this appeal is fundamental - immaterial of the ultimate conclusion - and that failing to appeal would constitute acquiescence in an injustice.

There is little to no question that FIFA has not acted in good faith and that essentially FIFA and CONCACAF have abused their discretion for reasons beyond the formal assertions rendered. When did integrity earn a price tag?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 07:17:26 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
There should be / need to be further investigation into Djw and Fifa officials as it relates to the home football project !

Absolutely. And,  the Government  of Trinidad & Tobago should be at the forefront of pursuing its own inquiry.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 07:21:15 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 05, 2020, 07:22:34 PM »

Disagree. Will explain below.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 05, 2020, 07:54:38 PM »
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

Ramesh Ramdhan, general secretary of the T&T Football Association (TTFA), has said he will not be drawn into an unnecessary fight with Keith Look Loy, the former chairman of the TTFA technical committee, over alleged information being leaked to the new FIFA-appointed normalisation committee, which has taken control of T&T football.

Look Loy, "I had no issue with Ramdhan giving information to Hadad because he is an employee of the TTFA."

Ramdhan, a former World Cup referee now turned football administrator has been providing requested information to the Normalisation committee which was installed last week, is being led by businessman Robert Hadad, and include Attorney Judy Daniel and retired banker Nigel Romano, a director and partner of Moore T&T.

The controversial former TTFA technical committee chairman, who is also a member of the board of directors of TTFA by virtue of being the T&T Super League’s President said if Ramdhan wanted to take a political position, he would have to resign because he (Look Loy) recognises Wallace as the president of the TTFA.

Contacted on Friday, Ramdhan made it clear that when he received a letter from football’s world governing body, FIFA, requesting that he stay on to help the normalisation committee last Thursday, he immediately telephoned William Wallace, the former president TTFA, to inform him.

He said Wallace told him to do what he had to do and noted that the sport should not be allowed to suffer at any time.

Ramdhan, who made it clear he was not beholden to the persons who appointed him as general secretary as his position was an independent one, is directing Look Loy to the TTFA’s constitution which gives him the right to share info, being the go-to man from FIFA, the Caribbean Football Union (CFU), the Confederation of North Central American and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF), as well as all other football-related bodies on matters.

According to the TTFA constitution, the general secretariat shall carry out all the administrative work of TTFA under the direction of the general secretary. The members of the general secretariat are bound by the Internal Organisation Regulations and shall fulfil the given tasks in good faith:

1. The general secretary is the chief executive officer of the general secretariat;

2. He shall be appointed on the basis of an agreement governed by private law and shall have the necessary professional qualifications;

3. He shall be responsible for: a) implementing decisions passed by the general meeting and board of directors in compliance with the president’s directives; b) attending the general meeting and meetings of the board of directors, emergency committee and the standing and ad-hoc committees; c) organising the general meeting and meetings of the board of directors and other bodies; d) compiling the minutes for the meetings of the general meeting, board of directors, emergency committee and standing and ad-hoc committees; e) ensuring that the accounts of TTFA are properly managed and up to date; f) the correspondence of TTFA; g) relations with the members, committees, FIFA, CONCACAF and CFU; h) organising the general secretariat; i) the appointment and dismissal of staff working in the general secretariat upon approval of the president; j) the appointment and dismissal of managerial staff, upon approval of the president and the board of directors.

4. The general secretary may not be a delegate at the general meeting or a member of any body of TTFA.

Ramdhan, who has not been paid salaries for four months and was the one who borrowed monies to ensure staff members were paid their February wages, has dismissed calls by the former chairman of the technical committee Look Loy for him to resign as general secretary if he wants to get into the politics of football.

“I came into the United TTFA to serve football and to date, I still want to serve the sport. I have been liaising with Hadad and sharing information with respect to football,” said Ramdhan, telling Guardian Media Sports that he has spoken to Hadad about the non-payment of TTFA staff for the month of March.

Contacted yesterday, Wallace, did not see any problems with Ramdhan’s commitment as secretary.

“If he is the secretary of the normalisation committee then he has to act as such and that is it. I do not see anything that points to Ramdhan getting into the politics of the game. Ramdhan has also taken the position to be secretary, which is fine for me,” Wallace said.

Look Loy is correct. The belated decision to deploy Ramdhan is a politically motivated decision designed to frustrate, co-opt, compromise and divide unified action by the Wallace administration.

There is not synonymity between the position of federation GS and the position of secretary to the NC. Ramdhan's role in stimulating the appeal to CAS and the tenor of his communications to VMO are what stimulated FIFA to bring him into the NC apparatus  (undoubtedly in consultation with CONCACAF).

A man can't effectively serve two masters simultaneously despite the naive notion of "what is best for football" and the hollowness of representing that he has no master under either scenario, both of which require guided and mastered action. 

Similarly no one acting as secretary to the NC can essentially exude the independence that Ramdhan professes he will exert.  That's simply not the nature of the beast or its burden.

A formal resignation as GS should be the precursor to becoming secretary of the NC for several reasons - one of which includes that FIFA's obviation of the Wallace-led executive did not insulate Ramdhan with continuity in office and Ramdhan's implicit politicisation of the GS role stands in contradiction to the appeal process in the public interest of T&T football stakeholders vis-a-vis the opposing interests of the NC ... although ostensibly there is a supposed intersectionality of interests.

Mr. Wallace, FIFA is playing a well-considered game of chess. Doh mistake it for draughts.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 08:09:35 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 05, 2020, 08:20:03 PM »
I think I follow your point, however, As Ramdhan at present is the person responsible for most of the communication between Fifa and the new TTFA. i.e. The primary witness to the reported transgressions of the chief FIFA official for the region as well as the reporting of those of the previous admin. We don't want him to resign and pull out at this point.
I get the impression that the majority although certain that Fifa was incorrect in their decision/actions, we do not need to go to WAR with Fifa to prove their actions wrong. War leaves casualties whereby many lower in the totem pole and lowest in rank, discouraged, disabled or dead on both sides, while the top guys celebrate success or surrender. We can appease FIFA by displaying we are not at war with them, even if we disagree with their action.
If we seem to be fighting amongst ourselves even as we try to argue why we should be left in charge, then we already lost our argument before we make our appeal to have this decision revised. More reason for Fifa to display why their decision is in fact correct. As someone says certain things have to be decided and worked out behind closed doors, and if 3 FOR and 2 against, we have to present we are in agreement FOR. Otherwise, yes a Normailsation Comittee will be necessary. No ?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Absolutely. And,  the Government  of Trinidad & Tobago should be at the forefront of pursuing its own inquiry.
Especially considering their (tax-payers) contributions.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
When I reference investigation I do not mean the normalization committee. I mean the investigation that Wallace and them initiated into the home of football and the financial malpractice of the previous administration. We need to follow that to the end to unravel all this FIFA corruption
We on the same page
you rarely post but when you do you drop the knowledge hard. i would like nothing better than for them to pursue DJW hard and relentlessly to expose his nefarious dealings with fifa even if we are banned indefinitely.

i think they have nothing to lose and everything to gain if they go after this glorified hotel called the HOF to uncover it's skeletons that the fat boss have buried, i'm sure they could find something to convict gianni on or at very least remove him and victor dog and all the sell outs who facilitate them. but that would be a big miracle wouldn’t? and a most welcome one at that.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 03:07:30 AM by pull stones »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 06, 2020, 02:34:25 AM »
maxg is nothing less than war!

You feel Fifa coming to take prisoners? It not in their best interests to leave anybody of the past admin alive (relevant)
In case you missed it this was a root and branch action.

This thing goes beyond the boundary.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 06, 2020, 03:26:00 AM »

You feel Fifa coming to take prisoners? It not in their best interests to leave anybody of the past admin alive (relevant)

so does that mean even if we win at CAS we lose? let be hypothetical here and say we won the case and FIFA reinstate us, not getting their desired results, wouldn’t you think that they would use every trick in the book including poor officiating to punish us, and wouldn’t it be better if they were removed all togetherfora new administration?

The way I see it is that we need at least the support of CFU members, but since these fellers are all soft bellied yes men, to be comfortable we would need at least half the member states to support so that FIFA would have no choice but to bide by their losses without causing any further disenfranchisement.

I agree with you, no friendly encounter with these mobsters, it’s all out war or nothing at all. I got to who be honest here, I thought after blatter and warner this organization was above board and cleansed of its evil ways, and I find it shocking that they would meddle in the affairs of confederations, trying to install people who would vote for them instead of encouraging free and fair elections.

IMO there must be a rival to this administration who wants to challenge them next election that the ttfa could complain too, even a media house who has it in for infantino like Jennings had it in for blatter, there has to be.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 06, 2020, 03:26:51 AM »
When is the next FIFA elections, and who are the candidates?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 06, 2020, 06:46:07 AM »
A comment regarding normalization made in recent months. The winds were already blowing in the direction.

Maybe from a fan perspective it would be strategic to trigger government intervention into the affairs of the national federation. Eventually that would pick the TTFA president and his collaborators as losers and the national community as winners.

Mr. Prime Minister, it's a winning proposition and a vote getter. Have you seen the response to the petition? It's a referendum on the land provided by the State to the TTFA.

Always better to grab the bull by the horns than to have de bull grab you by the horns.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 09:07:45 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 06, 2020, 08:30:09 AM »
When is the next FIFA elections, and who are the candidates?

You feel this thing is joke? Infantino ran unopposed last June.
He in office until 2023.... or more like whenever he get pried out like his successors.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Especially considering their (tax-payers) contributions.

Precisely. And, the Prime Minister's comments made subsequent to my posts in July and November bolster that view.

Additionally, the government's interest in the HoF is more than esoteric. Although the PM portrayed it as the GoTT having washed its hands of the project after providing the land to the TTFA, that is not a sustainable position because the government holds an expectational interest in the outcome that did not cease with conveying the land to the TTFA. And, there has-been a failure of regulatory oversight by government entities regarding the fulfilment of that expectational interest because the HoF has deficiencies that block it from serving the purpose for which it was represented as being constructed.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 06, 2020, 01:06:00 PM »

Ok. Let's say we go to war. We David(WW), them Goliath(INfantino et al). We win our case, but them say nah is War, Goliath ain't dead, just lost the battle, long live Fifa, so they suspend the current TTFA for not conforming to their decisions or maybe not releasing equal normal funding as given to other regional members  (they can trump up something).Exhb a) So we have the right people, but no income, Government can't help, as all potential funding used up in present and future replenishment from fallout of Covid19. Debt still unrelaxed. Sponsorship revised and unable to assist. Covid19. Staff still to be paid, but no funds. Staff has to leave to find other jobs. Cases /Lawyers for the items with Walkes, Warner, Phillips, Hart, and whatever outstanding creditors, willing to take negotiate less, yet no funds. We can't raise a penny to play a fete match, farless put a team together. However, our best  Players agree to play for free and come on their own bill. Who we playing and where ?
Thing is, I ok with that. At this time, world economy and social values will be changing and the recovery of all countries will be of paramount.  This gives our football, time to develop(5-10yrs) and then we can reapply to join world organization, IF so desired.

Scenario B
We loss, NC is maintained, but we at War. No cooperation. Fifa withhold funding - Right ppl for some, still restricted income , but some. No staff, no confidence, no support. Football not going anywhere, as organization and admin is the focus. No football for a few years, Electorial body instill, the wrong people. We protest, Fifa suspend. and above occurs.

In war, there is not necessarily prisoners, when there are very few witnesses. Just graves. Then there is the fact that we have spies, traitors and turncoats in our ranks. What is point of winning the battle to lose the War. No, I think we should avoid War as long as we can, so if and when it does come we are prepared to win, regardless of the earlier battles. We first have to be a majority on the same page, have the same goals and commitment. Lest we lose every battle due to a knife in the back.

add: I understand most ppl points, but we are already hard done by. I am just wary of cutting off our noses to spite our faces. We can't just look at how it affects us as fans, but how it affects our country and our people, especially our youth. I know I can survive without Fifa, but do we have the ppl who can function without that dream at present ? not sure. My mind is still open to strategies doh.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 01:19:12 PM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 06, 2020, 01:24:51 PM »
Dahis food for thought.

If only we could change to an economy that exports traitors, spies, turncoats and backstabbers. We might have a trailor load plus.

1]; } ?>