March 29, 2024, 01:17:55 AM

Author Topic: CFU & CAF need to break away from FIFA, like BCCI threatened to ICC  (Read 832 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
The time has come...

BCCI threatened to leave the ICC and form a new cricket council because of unfairness from England and Australia and the fact India was bringing in 70% of world cricket revenues.

Now people will say, the Caribbean doesn’t have that revenue or population but with Africa we do. It means the two most powerful voting blocs in FIFA can join together and create a new football association outside of this corruption we are presently seeing.

Keep in mind, both unions have over 1 billion people, which translates to fans, tv viewers, sponsorships, etc. Both unions don’t need FIFA to thrive and host their version of a World Cup. In fact, they can leave FIFA to Europe and still thrive, without FIFA sanctions and oversight.

87 nations and a new qualifying model. I don’t see why this is not an option, it actually allows these nations to finally grow their football and their programs even more so than under FIFA.

It will also give the team options for revenue sharing models where local leagues will get the funding needed to build local football federations and still have a better chance to compete at the big stage, as opposed to the smaller chance as Europe and other federations take away spots for the WC that could have gone to an African or Caribbean nation. Which in turn is beneficial in so many ways, from youth level go up.

It wouldn’t be the conventional model of tv viewing for instance. Streaming and apps, and websites would offer a new way to get everyone to see matches. It will also offer the flexibility to not be controlled by major media outlets which may choose to not cover the breakaway association. If Asia, India and other nations or unions want to join, then so be it, but it starts with CFU and CAF, it is time they use their power.

I think now is the time for both football unions to come together and put an end to the oppression and forge a new path that will bring more much benefits that disappointments.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 02:07:05 AM by Controversial »

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CFU & CAF need to break away from FIFA, like BCCI threatened to ICC
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 05:50:17 PM »
 I fully support that idea ! It should no longer be business as usual ! It's time to take a serious stand as a united front  against Fifa's  oppressive and dictatorial agendas !

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 06:33:54 PM »
Excellent idea on paper. The problem has always been ourselves in any venture like this. Especially when financial inequalties and benefits are involved.

Mighty Sparrow:Federation

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 01:43:20 AM »
I fully support that idea ! It should no longer be business as usual ! It's time to take a serious stand as a united front  against Fifa's  oppressive and dictatorial agendas !

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 02:05:19 AM »
Excellent idea on paper. The problem has always been ourselves in any venture like this. Especially when financial inequalties and benefits are involved.

Mighty Sparrow:Federation

I agree, which is our biggest stumbling block... I think under this new model, there won’t be forced evictions of local residents and street traders for host nations, and a financial burden on host nations which doesn’t add but takes away from the people of the country...

I think tv rights and sponsorships alone would cover at least half of the prize money for the World Cup and maybe even the full amount. Which range in amounts of $400 million in prizes.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 02:15:00 AM by Controversial »

1]; } ?>