June 07, 2020, 03:16:43 AM

Author Topic: Can a Worldwide “Debt Jubilee” render the Normalisation Committee unnecessary?  (Read 370 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
After ww2 Germany benefitted from a “debt jubilee”. It’s origins dating back to the Jewish presence in ancient Babylon.

Hypothetically, let’s just say the g20 decides to entertain the idea of a debt jubilee to prevent the impending global depression.

And our beloved politicians locally follow suit as usual, theoretically this would erase all of ttfa debt owed. In the event of that happening, it would mean the FIFA NC would no longer be needed in theory. The clean slate would present a unique opportunity for Wallace and Look Loy to rebuild without the burden and the monkey on their back.

Keep in mind this idea is being floated around to save the global economy, but it’s still hypothetical and in its early stages. But it could save our football from FIFA neo colonialism .....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Contro, yuh slipping. :devil:

Render unnecessary? The NC was "unnecessary" from jump. A priori and a posteriori.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 08:19:32 AM by asylumseeker »
"It is not possible to make successful policy in a state of ignorance or indifference to what goes on in the real world." --- Martin Daly.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Contro, yuh slipping. :devil:

Render unnecessary? The NC was "unnecessary" from jump. A priori and a posteriori.

Hmm, I’m not slipping... it was already a farce my friend...

Rendered irrelevant comes from the perspective of FIFA, meaning they would have no justification to launch this attack bc in essence there would be no longer a debt  ;)

They would not be able to use the debt to justify their illegal move anymore...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Boy I could see it now. Now that the debt erase we still need the normalization committee to put financial measures and best practices in place.

Wallace and them need to follow this investigation all the way through no matter what the consequences. That is the only way.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Boy I could see it now. Now that the debt erase we still need the normalization committee to put financial measures and best practices in place.

Wallace and them need to follow this investigation all the way through no matter what the consequences. That is the only way.
you just took the words right off my finger tips mate. i was just beginning to type when your post came in. according to fifa it’s about constitutional reform, transparency and debt management, that was their trumped up reasons for removing a constitutionally elected federation, not suspending, but removing permanently from the position.

years ago i used to wonder how did the world allow a group of old crooks to congregate and take over a whole sport allowing them to do as they like without as much as a push back from the economic super powers of the world.

I remembered years ago when Jennings was pursuing FIFA with ferocity no one stood with him and made their voices heard apart from the english FA, even the Americans were silent until the World Cup bid where they both were undone by jack warner, and even then we were in support of FIFA when the Americans and the brits were trying to bring them down, and our federation stood quietly along with the rest of concacaf,

and had it not been for america and their pressure on FIFA, jack warner would still be in charge of football in TT and we would still be crying when would it end. I think now is as good time as any to join forces and rid the world of FIFA for good, and a responsible body put in place with a fair and conscientious constitution, or else we would get formats like what we have in the World Cup qualifying in concacaf, and four and a half spots for spa confederation with that only has ten teams, and three and a half spots for a federation with 41 teams, how on earth could that be fair.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

It’s an investigation with no merit brother..

Their basis is what exactly? The financial measures and best practices were already there and Wallace and team were improving on it and getting to the bottom of it, until fifa intervened to save their neck...

Basically fifa is appointing whoever they want to lead our football, they don’t care and want to sabotage us, the Cfu having no power is further evidence of their true goal.... all of sudden corneal and others names are showing up on positions... wth is that?

Without the debt, fifa has no legs to stand on bc they are using that as an excuse which they allowed to happen under the dictator... Hadad knew before he was going to be selected, even if there was an interview, it would be to tow the line...

Our nation is filled with puppets, they also know Look Loy will retire in 2 years, so hence the 24 months to ensure progress doesn’t happen
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 01:18:31 PM by Controversial »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
When I reference investigation I do not mean the normalization committee. I mean the investigation that Wallace and them initiated into the home of football and the financial malpractice of the previous administration. We need to follow that to the end to unravel all this FIFA corruption
We on the same page
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
There should be / need to be further investigation into Djw and Fifa officials as it relates to the home football project !

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
There should be / need to be further investigation into Djw and Fifa officials as it relates to the home football project !

Absolutely. And,  the Government  of Trinidad & Tobago should be at the forefront of pursuing its own inquiry.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 07:21:15 PM by asylumseeker »
"It is not possible to make successful policy in a state of ignorance or indifference to what goes on in the real world." --- Martin Daly.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Absolutely. And,  the Government  of Trinidad & Tobago should be at the forefront of pursuing its own inquiry.
Especially considering their (tax-payers) contributions.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
When I reference investigation I do not mean the normalization committee. I mean the investigation that Wallace and them initiated into the home of football and the financial malpractice of the previous administration. We need to follow that to the end to unravel all this FIFA corruption
We on the same page
you rarely post but when you do you drop the knowledge hard. i would like nothing better than for them to pursue DJW hard and relentlessly to expose his nefarious dealings with fifa even if we are banned indefinitely.

i think they have nothing to lose and everything to gain if they go after this glorified hotel called the HOF to uncover it's skeletons that the fat boss have buried, i'm sure they could find something to convict gianni on or at very least remove him and victor dog and all the sell outs who facilitate them. but that would be a big miracle wouldn’t? and a most welcome one at that.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 03:07:30 AM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Precisely. And, the Prime Minister's comments made subsequent to my posts in July and November bolster that view.

Additionally, the government's interest in the HoF is more than esoteric. Although the PM portrayed it as the GoTT having washed its hands of the project after providing the land to the TTFA, that is not a sustainable position because the government holds an expectational interest in the outcome that did not cease with conveying the land to the TTFA. And, there has-been a failure of regulatory oversight by government entities regarding the fulfilment of that expectational interest because the HoF has deficiencies that block it from serving the purpose for which it was represented as being constructed.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Precisely. And, the Prime Minister's comments made subsequent to my posts in July and November bolster that view.

Additionally, the government's interest in the HoF is more than esoteric. Although the PM portrayed it as the GoTT having washed its hands of the project after providing the land to the TTFA, that is not a sustainable position because the government holds an expectational interest in the outcome that did not cease with conveying the land to the TTFA. And, there has-been a failure of regulatory oversight by government entities regarding the fulfilment of that expectational interest because the HoF has deficiencies that block it from serving the purpose for which it was represented as being constructed.

Hope, assumption and opinion my friend... that doesn’t correlate to actual reality and govt action, or inaction in this case

Why would it be more than esoteric to them if they were complicit? Hypothetically speaking

And if there wasn’t some collusion, the govt of TT washing their hands of the situation wouldn’t have even been mentioned tbh

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Ideally yes, but the govt has never had the ideal approach tbh

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
We on the same page

:beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Won’t happen by the govt, bc they are equally corrupt..

Wallace initiated and they cut the chord and called for the NC... it’s a Lone Ranger type of scenario where the govt will stay quiet unless their names are dragged into it with evidence
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 04:50:59 PM by Controversial »