April 19, 2024, 03:14:09 PM

Author Topic: Ray Apollon as per his daughter  (Read 818 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ray Apollon as per his daughter
« on: May 26, 2020, 11:54:31 AM »
https://newsday.co.tt/2020/02/03/ray-of-light-love/?fbclid=IwAR3qj-I8r73wK9UdLSS7E-JygmwEaaoOWY-3yhEYibiyNfgXsoETN9QG8RM

"As a child, I used to get teased at school. One day, a girl said, “Oh, my dad is a doctor!” And I said, “Well, my dad is a wrestler!”

And I gave her a head-butt!

That was the only time I was ever put in any form of punishment in any school"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ray Apollon as per his daughter
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 08:05:45 PM »
I met Ray once briefly. I went to lift weights at his gym which was located downstairs at his house in Belmont. The instructor was a an elderly(but looking fit) brown skinned guy. Really amicable. I did it after Carnival in preparation for the 76 season. The next day after the first session, my whole body hottin me. Stomach, shoulders, butt.  That 3 months session was pretty helpful. I was able to handle some of the rough teams that year, especially DF and Tesoro in the FA.

I also went to see him fight down at Paragon's in Cocorite. That night was friggin hilarous. Plenty screaming coconut, coconut. When he butt some guy, blood streaming down the man forehead, the crowd went wild.

Then before the proceedings, some guys were attempting to storm from the seaside. They climb on a little tree branch to try and grab the barb-wire fence. The branch shaking vigorously and going up and down at the same time and they can't get over the fence, the crowd laughing hysterically.

The next time, I watching Ray Appolon and his crew on TTT. Wrestling from Royal Castle. TTT did not turn down the crowd audio very well. And you could ah women bawling, "beat him, beat him, BEAT HE MOTHER ARSE....".  My aunty said "wha ........?"
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 08:21:50 PM by Deeks »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ray Apollon as per his daughter
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 02:04:26 PM »
Ray was my father's friend. I remember always getting excited when he would come to our house for a visit. Ray was a little smaller in real life than in the ring, both in terms of his persona and his physical presence. But he was as soft spoken and gentlemanly a man as you could ever meet. Does not surprise me that his daughter shows such grace. 
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>