March 28, 2024, 11:32:12 AM

Author Topic: Black Lives Matter Thread.  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Black Lives Matter Thread.
« on: June 21, 2020, 12:14:16 PM »
Deserved !!!!

Black Lives Matter

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Black Lives Matter Thread.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 12:18:25 PM »
Muhammad Ali’s son says dad would have hated ‘racist’ Black Lives Matter
By Chris White (NYPOST).

On the fourth anniversary of his death, Muhammad Ali’s only biological son says that his father would be against Black Lives Matter, calling the movement “racist” and the protesters “devils.”

The legendary boxer and activist stood up against racism throughout his life, but Muhammad Ali Jr. says his dad would have been sickened by how the protests have turned to violence and looting after the death of George Floyd.

“Don’t bust up s–t, don’t trash the place,” he told The Post. “You can peacefully protest.

‘‘My father would have said, ‘They ain’t nothing but devils.’ My father said, ‘all lives matter.’ I don’t think he’d agree.

Of the BLM movement, Ali Jr., a Muslim like his father, said: “I think it’s racist.”

“It’s not just black lives matter, white lives matter, Chinese lives matter, all lives matter, everybody’s life matters. God loves everyone — he never singled anyone out. Killing is wrong no matter who it is,” Ali said during an hour-long interview with The Post.

On police brutality, Ali defended law enforcement in general.

“Police don’t wake up and think, ‘I’m going to kill a n—-r today or kill a white man,'” he said. “They’re just trying to make it back home to their family in one piece.

Speaking of Floyd’s killing at the knee of a white Minneapolis police officer, Ali said, “The officer was wrong with killing that person, but people don’t realize there was more footage than what they showed. The guy resisted arrest, the officer was doing his job, but he used the wrong tactic.”

He agrees with President Trump that Antifa fomented violence during the Floyd protests and should be labeled a terrorist organization.

“They’re no different from Muslim terrorists. They should all get what they deserve. They’re f–king up businesses, beating up innocent people in the neighborhood, smashing up police stations and shops. They’re terrorists – they’re terrorizing the community. I agree with the peaceful protests, but the Antifa, they need to kill everyone in that thing.

“Black Lives Matter is not a peaceful protest. Antifa never wanted it peaceful. I would take them all out.”

A Father of two, Ali, 47, lives in Hallandale Beach, Florida, and has struggled to make ends meet in recent years working as a landscape gardener and construction worker. He’s previously said he gets only a $1,000 monthly allowance from his father’s estimated $60 million estate.

“The Greatest” had nine children — Muhammad Jr., eight daughters and an adopted son, Asaad Amin — with four wives. Junior was the fourth-born to first wife Belinda Boyd, who converted to Islam and now goes by Khalilah Ali.

After the retired champ married his final wife Lonnie Williams in 1986, relations between son and father began to fray and, in the last decade of Ali’s life, completely fell apart. Ali blames his step-mom for the estrangement.

While Ali spent his final days at his estate in Scottsdale, Arizona, Ali Jr. lived in a dingy two-bed flat in Englewood on Chicago’s crime-ridden South Side. He split from wife Shaakira shortly after his father’s death on June 3, 2016.

Despite strong tensions between the black community and the Chicago PD — especially after 17-year-old Laquan McDonald was shot dead in 2014 by a cop later convicted of murder — Ali says he was never singled out by cops for his skin color, and defends them against charges of institutional racism.

“Not all the police are bad, there’s just a few. There’s a handful of police that are crooked, they should be locked up,” he said. “I never had a bad scene with a cop. They’ve always been nice and protect me. I don’t have a problem with them.”

This, despite twice being held and questioned by the TSA under President Trump’s travel ban on seven Muslim-majority nations. Ali was released both times.

Instead, Ali goes a step further calling out Black Lives Matter as a divisive movement.

“It’s a racial statement,” he said. “It’s pitting black people against everyone else. It starts racial things to happen; I hate that.”

Ali said he supports President Trump and that his father — who went to jail for refusing to be drafted during the Vietnam War on the basis of his religious beliefs — would have too.

Ali, who was ravaged by Parkinson’s disease and died at 74, appeared to be politically ambivalent most of his life, once endorsing liberal Democrat Jimmy Carter but supporting the reelection of conservative Republican Ronald Reagan (who was backed by only 9 percent of black people).

“I think Trump’s a good president. My father would have supported him. Trump’s not a racist, he’s for all the people. Democrats are the ones who are racist and not for everybody.

“These [Democrat politicians] saying Black Lives Matter, who the hell are you to say that? You’re not even black.

“Democrats don’t give a s–t about anybody. Hillary Clinton doesn’t give a s–t; she’s trying not to get locked up.

“Trump is much better than Clinton and Obama. … The only one to do what he said he would do is Donald Trump.”

Muhammad Ali Jr.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 01:21:27 PM »
With all due respect!. I disagree!!!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 02:19:30 PM »
Brainwashed!!!
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 08:42:09 AM »
Clearly the sort of contribution the NY Post would latch on to as being definitive justification for right-wing opposing views. Find a figure that proposes contradiction and let it run the route of simplicity (because among that school of thought it always only ever takes one dissenting person with "sufficient melanin" to parade the apple cart of "we're right") But, of course, not everyone is asleep.

Thinking about that Junior Gong line: Come on let's face it, a ghetto education's basic
And most ah de youths dem waste it
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 08:19:50 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 03:44:50 AM »
7 officers in Rochester, New York, suspended in cdeath of Daniel Prude
Dennis Romero and David K. Li and Julmary Zambrano, NBC News

Seven police officers involved in the response to a call in which a Black man was put in a hood and later died have been suspended, the mayor of Rochester, New York, announced Thursday.

Mayor Lovely Warren said at a news conference that the officers involved in the response to the man, Daniel Prude, were suspended with pay "against the advice of counsel."

"Mr. Daniel Prude was failed by our police department, our mental health care system, our society, and he was failed by me," she said. "I must apologize to the Prude family and to all of our community."

Warren indicated that she might be in for a fight with the local police union over the suspensions.

"I have never shied away from taking action and holding our police, or anyone, who fails in their duties to our community accountable," she said in a statement. "I understand that the union may sue me for taking these officers off our streets. They should feel free to do so."

The officers had stopped Prude, 41, who was nude at the time, after 3 a.m. on March 23, according to edited police body camera video obtained by his family and released to the media. Officers cuffed him, placed him on the wet street face down, put a spit hood on him, pushed his head into the asphalt and placed a knee on his back, the video appears to show.

The initial body camera video released earlier this week by the family spanned 11 minutes. On Thursday, a lawyer for the family shared a nearly 90-minute version of the video with NBC News. It is not clear what exactly preceded it or how it was edited.

The new video appears to show a Rochester police officer meeting with the man's brother, Joe Prude, just after he asked for help with his brother because he had left his residence.

Joe Prude has said his brother was visiting from Chicago and suffered from mental illness. He said that he called authorities the previous evening and that his brother was hospitalized briefly but started acting out when he was released from a hospital after only about three hours.

On the body camera video released Thursday, Joe Prude says he fears that his brother might hurt himself or get hit by a train on tracks near his house. Daniel Prude was taking the drug PCP, according to his brother, and had been kicked off a train earlier that day in Buffalo because he was smoking onboard.

Daniel Prude asked his brother for a cigarette before suddenly dashing out the door in just a tank top and long underwear with no coat or shoes on that cold evening, his brother tells an officer.

"He shot right out the door," Joe Prude says.

Throughout the day, Joe Prude says, his brother was paranoid and fearful that someone was going to harm him.

"'Why would I kill you?'" Joe Prude says he told his brother. "'You're my little brother. Why would I want to kill you? Why would I kill you?'"

After he was stopped by police, Daniel Prude told them that he suffered from COVID-19, prompting officers to put the hood on his head, apparently to prevent him from spitting on them.

Prude went limp and appeared to stop breathing, according to the imagery and remarks from police and paramedics at the scene. He was hospitalized on life support and died seven days later, family and authorities said.

Monroe County Medical Examiner Nadia Granger concluded that Prude died from "complications of asphyxia in the setting of physical restraint," according to an autopsy case summary provided by the family's lawyer.

She cited "acute phencyclidine intoxication," or the effects of PCP, as a contributing factor.

Police Chief La'Ron Singletary said Wednesday that he cannot comment on the cause of death because there are ongoing investigations — an internal inquiry and one by the state attorney general.

New York Attorney General Letitia James said in a statement Wednesday, "We are working diligently to ensure a swift but thorough investigation."

The Rochester Police Locust Club, a union representing city officers, responded to the controversy Thursday.

"The Rochester Police Locust Club has concerns about the incident involving our members and Mr. Daniel Prude," it said in a statement. "We are in the process of gathering all relevant information available to us, and we will issue a statement when that is completed."

1]; } ?>