March 28, 2024, 04:34:08 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs St Kitts & Nevis Games (8-Jun-2021)  (Read 9345 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs St Kitts & Nevis Games (8-Jun-2021)
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2021, 05:19:47 PM »
Levi G. played better in the 2nd, he opened up some chances and hit the bar. No idea why Joevin didn't blast that instead of passing. I though Joevin played a little negatively, going back instead of taking on his man.
Maybe he was instructed to do so.
We played decent, this is more the kind of performance I expect from us. Bateau and David are good, they can handle a better attack than this.

This game had no meaning to it
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2021, 05:32:35 PM »
yes it had a meaning

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2021, 05:41:56 PM »
Levi G. played better in the 2nd, he opened up some chances and hit the bar. No idea why Joevin didn't blast that instead of passing. I though Joevin played a little negatively, going back instead of taking on his man.
We played decent, this is more the kind of performance I expect from us. Bateau and David are good, they can handle a better attack than this.

That is not an instruction. Joevin is a professional footballer in semi-retirement mode.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2021, 05:45:38 PM »
Loud wet steups
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2021, 06:04:32 PM »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2021, 08:05:02 PM »
Fenwick- Keep his job. That is the Meaning of the outcome of this Game.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2021, 02:06:07 AM »
Can't understand why T&T's best passer Muckette was sub at the half.

Maybe his club/he didn't want to risk injury for longer than 45 minutes on a game that didn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2021, 02:32:54 AM »
This is a football match sanctioned by FIFA and if we win we climb the standings,there's a lot of pride for every man involved,including the coach and manager.How can anyone say the match has no meaning.Let us just say that SKN played a player who,for some reason should not have been in their team,you do know they would be disqualified and TT would go top.Anyway so many things in life are important to those layers who played one of the best matches I have seen over the past few years,I for sure,didn't expect that,SKN did try some rough tactics but the boys didn't react.I we continue to improve,the great SKN brought back down to earth with a painful bump.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2021, 03:18:12 AM »
Can't understand why T&T's best passer Muckette was sub at the half.

Maybe his club/he didn't want to risk injury for longer than 45 minutes on a game that didn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

What club is that?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2021, 03:48:32 AM »
Fenwick- Keep his job. That is the Meaning of the outcome of this Game.

On football paper, even with SKN, he shouldn't keep his job. On football paper.

On the rolling and loose scale of "all things considered", and on the farcical wishy washy delivery of the chief technical authority within the current structure (Dion La Foucade), if his devalued 2 cents is influential, the decision might be based exclusively on terms unfavorable to the TTFA.

I don't anticipate outside the box thinking on this subject, but the NC/TTFA should include it in their analysis.

There are financial benefits and opportunities to qualifying for the Gold Cup. We must qualify for the GC. Must.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2021, 03:48:58 AM »
This is a football match sanctioned by FIFA and if we win we climb the standings,there's a lot of pride for every man involved,including the coach and manager.How can anyone say the match has no meaning.Let us just say that SKN played a player who,for some reason should not have been in their team,you do know they would be disqualified and TT would go top.Anyway so many things in life are important to those layers who played one of the best matches I have seen over the past few years,I for sure,didn't expect that,SKN did try some rough tactics but the boys didn't react.I we continue to improve,the great SKN brought back down to earth with a painful bump.

Nope. As far as I know, St Kitts will only lose their 3 points to us. Which won't matter as we already got three points from them.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2021, 04:04:06 AM »
Improved showing as T&T post 2-0 victory of leaders St Kitts.
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express).

Look at the first half performance against St Kitts & Nevis and one wonders where this same Trinidad and Tobago was last Saturday, when they played to a disappointing 0-0 draw against Bahamas.

T&T’s short-lived Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifying campaign ended with a 2-0 victory over St Kitts & Nevis yesterday evening in the Dominican Republic. The result was of little consequence, as the ‘Sugar Boys’ had already amassed an unassailable nine points prior to the final encounter and had already advanced as Group F winners.

Having seen their qualifying chance disappear when held to a goalless draw by the cellar-placed Bahamas last weekend, T&T had only pride to play for, knowing that an eventual second-place finish to SKN would not suffice.

Having seen his team exit in the first round, under fire T&T head coach, Terry Fenwick won some kudos when T&T delivered its best performance in four matches under the Briton.

Vastly improved, the “Soca Warriors” led 1-0 at the half, through Duane Muckette left-footed rocket to the far corner, while also restricting SKN to one tame shot from distance, and also had their opponents defending for most of the opening half.

Goal apart, SKN custodian Clifford Samuel was busy. He smothered Levi Garcia’s near post shot and was relieved to see efforts from Muckette, Ryan Telfer and captain Khaleem Hyland whiz inches past his post in the early stages. Captain Hyland made it 2-0 in the 75th minute with a low shot, from Levi Garcia’s measured cut-back.

Fenwick gave a first cap to Ireland-based Coleraine F.C Academy player Jesse Williams, who was solid, both in defence and also in attack, where he combined well with a rejuvenated Levi Garcia. Dropped for the first half was underperforming United States-based Joevin Jones, who now looks a ‘passenger’ and neither a good attacker or defender anymore.

Defence Force’s Justin Garcia also looked good at left-back given a rare start, while another young starter Judah Garcia, had some trouble getting past SKN captain Gerard Garcia-- the former W Connection captain for years and one of the top players in the T&T Pro league.

But it was the midfield interchanges between the omnipresent Muckette, Hyland and Neveal Hackshaw, in a more attacking role. Second half changes allowed SKN back into the game. That would not have mattered had Jones looked for the goal when free on his favourite left foot early in the second half, instead he sought greater difficulty by picking out Levi Garcia, who struck the crossbar.

Group-F Full Time Results

T&T 2 (Duane Muckette 35, Khaleem Hyland 74) v St Kitts & Nevis 0, Felix Sanchez Stadium

Puerto Rico 2 (Ricardo Rivera 12, Isaac Angking 25-Pen) v Guyana 0, Warner Park Stadium

(Teams)

Trinidad and Tobago (4-1-4-1): 22.Adrian Foncette (GK); 23.Jesse Williams, 4.Sheldon Bateau, 2.Aubrey David, 17.Justin Garcia; 15.Neveal Hackshaw; 11.Levi Garcia (14.Andre Fortune II 90), 8.Khaleem Hyland (captain), 10.Duane Muckette (18.Michel Poon-Angeron 46), 5.Judah Garcia (3.Joevin Jones 46), 7.Ryan Telfer (9.Daniel Carr 71).

Unused substitutes: 21.Denzil Smith (GK), 6.Radanfah Abu Bakr, 12.Robert Primus, 13.Hashim Arcia, 16.Gary Griffith III, 19.Daniel Phillips, 20.Noah Powder.

Coach: Terry Fenwick

St Kitts and Nevis (4-2-3-1): 23.Clifford Samuel (GK); 3.Gerard Williams (captain) (17.Malique Roberts 85), 6.Lois Maynard, 5.Andre Burley, 2.Ordell Flemming; 14.Raheem Somersall (21.Kalonji Clarke 85), 4.Theo Warton (8.Yohannes Mitchum 40); 11.Omari Sterling-James (20.Tiquanny Williams 68), 19.Romaine Sawyers (vice-captain), 10.Harry Panayiotou; 9.Rowan Liburd (7.Vinceroy Nelson 68).

Unused substitutes: 1.Zaykeese Smith (GK), 18.Julani Archibald (GK), 12.Petrez Williams, 13.Tahir Hanley, 15.Raheem Francis, 16.Keithroy Freeman, 22.Xavier French.

Coach: Leonardo Neiva

Referee: Randy Encarnación (Dominica)

Standings

P  W  D  L  GD  Pts
A - St Kitts & Nevis  4  3  0  1  6  9
Trinidad & Tobago  4  2  2  0  5  8
Puerto Rico  4  2  1  1  8  7
Guyana  4  1  0  3  -4  3
Bahamas  4  0  1  3  -15  1

Watch Hyland's Post-Match Interview after T&T's 2-0 win over St Kitts/Nevis

Watch Post Match Press Conference - T&T 2 v St Kitts 0 "2022 World Cup Qualifier

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2021, 09:24:30 AM »

Nope. As far as I know, St Kitts will only lose their 3 points to us. Which won't matter as we already got three points from them.
not just us, the other teams they fielded an ineligible player to, so with that being said peurto rico would benefit and not us.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2021, 10:24:19 AM »
Look on the bright side. We eh lose ah game!!! But getting back to Hart. We have no outstanding dribblers.

Reminds me of something related:

Remember that marauding goal DL scored when he essentially ran the length of the field? It's interesting to see our CB get dynamic and then pull up the handbrakes because he is worried about cover and because his teammates are static. Back in de day, the player in possession would steups at handbrakes.

We also doh have many dribble conducive or dribble tolerant coaches.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2021, 01:10:20 PM »
Look on the bright side. We eh lose ah game!!! But getting back to Hart. We have no outstanding dribblers.

Reminds me of something related:

Remember that marauding goal DL scored when he essentially ran the length of the field? It's interesting to see our CB get dynamic and then pull up the handbrakes because he is worried about cover and because his teammates are static. Back in de day, the player in possession would steups at handbrakes.

We also doh have many dribble conducive or dribble tolerant coaches.
something needed on the day

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2021, 04:18:45 PM »
WATCH: Post-match comments from Head Coach Terry Fenwick

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CaLRuJqaVNg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CaLRuJqaVNg</a>

WATCH: Post-match reactions from Captain Khaleem Hyland

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g74H_KdSzbE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g74H_KdSzbE</a>

WATCH: Defender Jesse Williams reflects on his senior team debut

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3bCRCIYgTOc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3bCRCIYgTOc</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2021, 05:48:21 PM »

That is not an instruction. Joevin is a professional footballer in semi-retirement mode.
Just on the topic of Joevin. i thought Peong woulda see better as a man that does follow him at the club level. Before the bahamas match i watch JJ games for Inter Miami stretching a month or 2 back and he don't look good - a shadow of himself. Subbed or not play in quite a few of them. Just based on form he should not have started. (corrected for the SKN game). Maybe the club having him play too much of a defensive role. Crosses still there but almost everything else missing from his game. And I am a big fan. I think Terry lacking as a coach, but I can see that he working with a very limited player pool, when you basically have to depend on an out-of-form Joevin to produce goals. That Jesse Williams fella was a good pick up. we could give up on Poon-angeron for my liking - same with woo ling. At this stage I think Judah looks like Levi of many years ago - before he really deserve his spot on the team. If muckette get some experience in a molino-type position I think he could improve...but otherwise is one by one it seem like we pickin up what the new team will look like.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 05:53:49 PM by kounty »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2021, 06:42:49 AM »
I share your views Kounty. Muckette needs to take the ball and run with it , while making the transition from Defence to attack. The wingers need to take on men one to one and go to Goal. the new fellas look promising. A work in Progress.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2021, 07:04:55 AM »
Post-match reaction

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0_BfXBBMtLs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0_BfXBBMtLs</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2021, 06:40:11 PM »
Aye, aye, we won this game??!!  for trute??!!  nice man!! Things looking up!! World Cup 2022 here we come!!
Oh wait...... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2021, 09:50:22 PM »
Aye, aye, we won this game??!!  for trute??!!  nice man!! Things looking up!! World Cup 2022 here we come!!
Oh wait...... ::)

2026!!!

1]; } ?>