March 28, 2024, 12:32:59 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Bahamas Game (5-Jun-2021)  (Read 18767 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for T&T vs Bahamas Game (5-Jun-2021)
« on: August 19, 2020, 02:42:11 PM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs Bahamas preliminary 2022 World Cup qualifying game in Bahamas on the 5th of June 2021 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

To be updated.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers:

To be updated.

Defenders:

To be updated.

Midfielders:

To be updated.

Forwards:

To be updated.

Coach - Terry Fenwick (ENG).

Bahamas Squad

Goalkeepers

To be updated.

Defenders

To be updated.

Midfielders

To be updated.

Forwards

To be updated.

Coach - To be updated.

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 07:03:06 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Bahamas Game (5-Jun-2021)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 07:33:01 PM »
St. Kitts Nevis and Guyana have each dropped 4 on The Bahamas. Come June we doh want to hear NO nonsense regarding putting balls in the back of the net.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 11:12:40 AM »
If we cyah drop 6 pon dem rass de we better forget the whole dyam ting.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 08:05:02 AM »
Doncaster Rovers played Charlton Athletic today and the game just finished. Both Ryan Inniss and John Bostock played the full 90 minutes. Charlton won 1-0
Inniss returned to the starting line up today for Charlton after almost 3 months out with an injury and the had been on a bad run while he was out.
Both teams played a 4-3-3 formation which is what TnT plays so they can fit in to the style TF is trying to play.
We damn well need a Centre back (Inniss) and a creative midfielder (Bostock).

Hopefully we can get them for the June game. Both clubs end their seasons on 8th May. So the TTFA, Terry, Sports Ministry, National Security, TT High Commission in UK all have ample time to talk, work out availability, passports, training schedules etc with them and other eligible players that we damn well need.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 09:43:35 AM »
Good luck with that!

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 09:55:05 AM »
Good luck with that!
😅😅 I can only hope and pray bruv 🙏🏾🙏🏾

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 11:29:12 AM »
Doncaster Rovers played Charlton Athletic today and the game just finished. Both Ryan Inniss and John Bostock played the full 90 minutes. Charlton won 1-0
Inniss returned to the starting line up today for Charlton after almost 3 months out with an injury and the had been on a bad run while he was out.
Both teams played a 4-3-3 formation which is what TnT plays so they can fit in to the style TF is trying to play.

Hopefully we can get them for the June game. Both clubs end their seasons on 8th May. So the TTFA, Terry, Sports Ministry, National Security, TT High Commission in UK all have ample time to talk, work out availability, passports, training schedules etc with them and other eligible players that we damn well need.

Hah check my forum logo - watched it myself and thought they'd both do a job in the Trini squad. I imagine Innis ain't interested due to his dad, but who knows....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 11:37:16 AM »

Hah check my forum logo - watched it myself and thought they'd both do a job in the Trini squad. I imagine Innis ain't interested due to his dad, but who knows....

Inniss is interested  .....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2021, 02:22:15 PM »

Inniss is interested  .....
Yeah he said as much in that blog he wrote.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2021, 02:29:18 PM »

Yeah ah seeing you're a supporter.
Didn't see the game but caught the highlights.
He's a big lad man
Googled him and found out he's 6'5

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2021, 12:03:09 AM »

He's a big lad man

Yea he's a proper bruiser, traditional centre back.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2021, 03:20:46 AM »

He's a big lad man

Yea he's a proper bruiser, traditional centre back.
A welcome addition I would say

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2021, 06:25:44 AM »
Why don’t you all stop annoying John bostock and nick de leon, can’t you see these fellers don’t want  anything to do with us? and honestly I don’t think that they would bring anything special to the squad, BTW who’s place are they going to take? I don’t believe bostock is better than what we have in the midfield and certainly not jovin, telfer or levi, as for de Leon, IMO he cannot replace molino no day of the week, so what do we need the for?

Leave these people alone, you all sound like you’re begging now. let work with what we have until better could be done.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 06:29:31 AM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2021, 06:47:29 AM »
Why don’t you all stop annoying John bostock and nick de leon, can’t you see these fellers don’t want  anything to do with us? and honestly I don’t think that they would bring anything special to the squad, BTW who’s place are they going to take? I don’t believe bostock is better than what we have in the midfield and certainly not jovin, telfer or levi, as for de Leon, IMO he cannot replace molino no day of the week, so what do we need the for?

Leave these people alone, you all sound like you’re begging now. let work with what we have until better could be done.

Recruitment is about multiple conversations, showing interest, updating about changes, informing, insisting and convincing.

You sound like you are using Rowley's Theory of Vaccine Acquisition: do not beg. Who is begging?

Only one way of finding out definitively. That is to bring dem.

I don't care whose place they take. Show me the sacred cow.

It's also not necessarily about replacing a presumptive starter. It is prospectively about replacing a substitute.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 06:49:16 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2021, 11:55:22 AM »
T&T needs players like Bostock and DeLeon way more than those players need T&T

If it takes begging to get them to play for us......beg away

Ego and False pride get us nowhere
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2021, 12:31:13 PM »
T&T needs players like Bostock and DeLeon way more than those players need T&T

If it takes begging to get them to play for us......beg away

Ego and False pride get us nowhere

What ego and false pride. Them men were practically shoe in for the team and for  whatever reasons, they refuse. Up to now I have not gotten satisfactory answers  as to Deleon and Bostock refusal when we came calling.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2021, 12:41:49 PM »
What ego and false pride. Them men were practically shoe in for the team and for  whatever reasons, they refuse. Up to now I have not gotten satisfactory answers  as to Deleon and Bostock refusal when we came calling.

From what I understood, Bostock had suited up for T&T, wore the jersey, traveled with the team to play in the tournament where Levi Garcia scored a double, and couldn’t play due to FIFA restrictions.

Not sure what occurred subsequently.

As for DeLeon, he wanted to play but the difficult lay at the time in his father’s refusal to go to Port Of Spain to sign the necessary documentation.

Again....not sure what has since transpired.

Asylumseeker is correct.  Recruitment is a process.  Some do it successfully.  Others don’t.

My original statement remains the same.  We need them far more than they need us.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2021, 05:42:33 PM »
My original statement remains the same.  We need them far more than they need us.

See You in 2026!

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2021, 01:13:28 AM »

Recruitment is about multiple conversations, showing interest, updating about changes, informing, insisting and convincing.

You sound like you are using Rowley's Theory of Vaccine Acquisition: do not beg. Who is begging?

It's also not necessarily about replacing a presumptive starter. It is prospectively about replacing a substitute.
I hope i'm not being rude mate, but the british recruitment process makes me a tad angry at times. you see these british born players are heavily indoctrinated to play for england at a very tender age. they sit and dream of the day that they would be capped if only for one game, and it's not until their hopes are dashed or it becomes apparent that they don't have the quality to be an england international do they ever consider a second option.

take for instance raheem sterling, that man came to england as a lad already knowing somewhere else, yet when the chance arrived he turned down the country of his birth to represent the lions....jamaic who? and it's the same with all of them.

they walk the streets talking all this jamaican patios and calling themselves yardie even though they've never been to the caribbean, but when it comes to football all that west indian crap goes out the window, it's only the african blokes who turn down england to play for their parents country.

it boils my piss when blokes like bobby zamora and jay loyde who turned down an opportunity to go to a world cup and only because they thought england was a better option, and then we having to turn around and pacify them to join us, which makes me react in a negative way,

and even when bobby zamora had nothing else to play for he still refused to join us despite having a change of heart, the last being at fulham where clint dempsey convinced him that we were shit and he should never consider a call up from us, and not just him but hoyte and many other english lads who could have played for the parents country, but would only get on board when they are sure of not ever being capped for the three lions.

that is the only reason i said to forget these players and let them be, if they want to play for us then the door is open, their choice, but to go begging these 3rd division english brats is beneath us. i know as trinis we have way more pride than that, after all it's not only about football, it's about basic principles and dignity. 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 01:47:08 AM by pull stones »

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2021, 01:13:57 AM »
Any score less than 7 to 8 goals is a failure against the Bahamas.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2021, 01:49:50 AM »
what about just winning the two matches left and keeping a clean sheet, wont that be better?

winning this match by 10 goals and losing to st kitts 1 nil proves what exactly?

it's so easy to lose prospective when inflated egos and false pride gets in the way.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 01:52:39 AM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2021, 03:39:35 AM »

Any how we end up scrapping with the Bahamas for anything but a comprehensive victory will be an indictment of the product ... even if 3 points are secured. Point blank. And that is the crux of the point made here. Agree. Unacceptable: a laboured 1-0 victory. Acceptable: a fluid and balanced performance that seals the deal without issue (for instance, conceding a goal).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 03:45:49 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2021, 03:53:14 AM »
what about just winning the two matches left and keeping a clean sheet, wont that be better?

winning this match by 10 goals and losing to st kitts 1 nil proves what exactly?

it's so easy to lose prospective when inflated egos and false pride gets in the way.

Two separate matters. One match at a time. We are not going to lose to either opponent if we cater two XIs, each designed to rock the specific opponent in question. If the conviction is that we start the same players in both matches, post-match could be like Question Time in the House of Commons ... without parliamentary rules.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 04:01:48 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2021, 04:09:06 AM »

I hope i'm not being rude mate, but the british recruitment process makes me a tad angry at times. you see these british born players are heavily indoctrinated to play for england at a very tender age. they sit and dream of the day that they would be capped if only for one game, and it's not until their hopes are dashed or it becomes apparent that they don't have the quality to be an england international do they ever consider a second option.

take for instance raheem sterling, that man came to england as a lad already knowing somewhere else, yet when the chance arrived he turned down the country of his birth to represent the lions....jamaic who? and it's the same with all of them.

they walk the streets talking all this jamaican patios and calling themselves yardie even though they've never been to the caribbean, but when it comes to football all that west indian crap goes out the window, it's only the african blokes who turn down england to play for their parents country.

it boils my piss when blokes like bobby zamora and jay loyde who turned down an opportunity to go to a world cup and only because they thought england was a better option, and then we having to turn around and pacify them to join us, which makes me react in a negative way,

and even when bobby zamora had nothing else to play for he still refused to join us despite having a change of heart, the last being at fulham where clint dempsey convinced him that we were shit and he should never consider a call up from us, and not just him but hoyte and many other english lads who could have played for the parents country, but would only get on board when they are sure of not ever being capped for the three lions.

that is the only reason i said to forget these players and let them be, if they want to play for us then the door is open, their choice, but to go begging these 3rd division english brats is beneath us. i know as trinis we have way more pride than that, after all it's not only about football, it's about basic principles and dignity. 

No, it is about competitive intelligence and being pragmatic. Where are the angels in this process?

What do you think the US is doing?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2021, 06:41:44 AM »
Guys, I pulling allyuh stones on this one. I agree with him on this matter. Birchall, Boucaud and now Philips, Fenderup, Telfer decided to go for broke with TT, knowing full well on the administration and coaching level( to some extent), we are a bunch of f**king misfits. Birchall, Boucaud were not superstars and neither is Philip, Telfer and Fenderup. But the mere fact that they came, and are currently struggling and fighting to take us to the second round is all that I or WE can ask for. I, or we should be grateful to them. I am very grateful to You foreign borns.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2021, 06:56:03 AM »

No, it is about competitive intelligence and being pragmatic. Where are the angels in this process?

What do you think the US is doing?
don’t want to pull rank here but I know the English mind set a little better than you, and even though they are for the most part second and third generation Caribbeans and Africans they still turn up their noses on our football. In their minds the only thing we’re good at is track and field and cricket, and only the lower division players without any prospect of wearing an england jersey jumps at the opportunity to play for us.

I believing in asking but beseeching is where i draw the line, and that’s what we’re doing with bostock. Plus the lad is showing zero interest in representing us, so leave him be. if he wants to play for us the doors is always open and he knows where to find us.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 07:02:45 AM by pull stones »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2021, 07:45:20 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2021, 08:17:41 AM »
From my point of view, the conversation is larger than any one player. Whatever pathologies people suffer from, based on their lived experiences in the UK, can be bridged with a proper welcome and excellent organization on the part of the TTFA. Bridged not remedied.

It is up to us/the federation to mould the narrative. I am not preoccupied about individual players. I am more concerned about structures and systems. Facing this reality has to overcome whether a player arrives on the basis of opportunism, adventurism or knowing the national anthem by heart. It is what it is.

Bigger brands are typically more attractive than smaller brands, but that doesn't impede smaller brands from pulling a share of the market and growing.

There is no room for emotion in this. We have a match against Montserrat in a few weeks. We will be having this conversation again.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 08:23:38 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2021, 07:04:53 PM »
WATCH: More positive COVID-19 test results on eve of National Team's departure for World Cup Qualifiers

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qsP2-6Tp0TM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qsP2-6Tp0TM</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2021, 05:29:56 AM »
WATCH: More positive COVID-19 test results on eve of National Team's departure for World Cup Qualifiers

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qsP2-6Tp0TM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qsP2-6Tp0TM</a>

they can call up ranjitsingh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>