March 28, 2024, 06:58:43 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Bahamas Game (5-Jun-2021)  (Read 18759 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Bahamas Game (5-Jun-2021)
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2021, 01:40:38 PM »
WATCH: Fortune, David look ahead to Saturday's WCQ with Bahamas

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-FytbuCg5xY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-FytbuCg5xY</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2021, 06:27:37 AM »
Now that we've seen the squad, how are those Bahamas 5-0 and 7-0 expectations?

Puerto Rico picked a 7-0 squad. Hope we don't display our spirally descending standards of acceptance and mediocrity.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2021, 09:00:03 AM »
WATCH: Shannon Gomez - "First order of business is beating Bahamas in convincing fashion"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fn7zMEGZvks" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fn7zMEGZvks</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2021, 12:21:24 PM »

Puerto Rico picked a 7-0 squad. Hope we don't display our spirally descending standards of acceptance and mediocrity.
this is what kills our players motivation all the while, here we go again making comparisons, all we need to do is win one nil vs Bahamas and kitts nevis and we top the group. we don’t need to out shine PR or the other teams in the group. it makes no sense beating the Bahamas by 10 clear goals and losing or drawing to st kitts, these are must win games and we must beat these teams to advance, matters not how many goals we rack up in the process. yesterday England won by a narrow margin, and so did other big teams and they all took it with a smile because a win is a win is a win.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2021, 12:22:54 PM »
WATCH: Shannon Gomez - "First order of business is beating Bahamas in convincing fashion"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fn7zMEGZvks" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fn7zMEGZvks</a>
this dude is very articulate, good to see our players having the ability to express themselves so audibly.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2021, 01:15:11 PM »

this is what kills our players motivation all the while, here we go again making comparisons, all we need to do is win one nil vs Bahamas and kitts nevis and we top the group. we don’t need to out shine PR or the other teams in the group. it makes no sense beating the Bahamas by 10 clear goals and losing or drawing to st kitts, these are must win games and we must beat these teams to advance, matters not how many goals we rack up in the process. yesterday England won by a narrow margin, and so did other big teams and they all took it with a smile because a win is a win is a win.

Lehwe be serious nah. A provisional ... and I use that word generously ... England XI versus an Austrian main squad (although Alaba should have been inside rather than outside) is not an apt comparison.

Second, how in the world can a call for goals be demotivating?

I will leave you to be biting your nails if we are one goal ahead or chasing one goal. No one wants that scenario.

Also, it is both a competitive match and a training match.  Messing around without dismissing the opponent early keeps it as competitive and less as training.

We need to exceed and excel. It isn't a comparison with Puerto Rico. We had that comparison: 1-1 in Mayaguez. Unconvincing. It is using all the above as a benchmark for the battles ahead.

Players MUST learn to play with pressure. Point blank.  And if pressure in your view is a call for goals versus The Bahamas, then let me suggest that is ice cream pressure. There will be tougher engagements and we have to earn them by working through the BS.

I am interested in three points just as much as the next person, ugly or pretty, but I would want plenty ugly goals rather than none. Or one.

The state of your football demands an improved image on all fronts. On field and off.

Don't forget the near own goal from the England example.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 01:21:15 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2021, 01:48:03 PM »

Must say I agree with the sentiment of your statement here. Once comfortably ahead no need to leave players on to get injured etc etc. The job at hand is two-part  :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2021, 02:01:35 PM »
You are inferring a lot. He didn't say that expressly. I agree with YOUR sentiment, but I don't know that we need to play our SKN XI vs Bahamas. We should be able to play match 1 without discharging the full account.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2021, 04:10:10 AM »
You are inferring a lot. He didn't say that expressly. I agree with YOUR sentiment, but I don't know that we need to play our SKN XI vs Bahamas. We should be able to play match 1 without discharging the full account.
all I’m saying is that we don’t need to exceed expectations by out scoring the other three teams in the group, a win would be fine in both games. but if we manage to drub bimini then fine, I’ll take it, but there are people like ffisback who’s gonna come after the game crying on the lads just because we kept a modest score line and didn’t out do everyone’s goal tally, this is the nonsense that can be a demotivating factor. and BTW there are quite a few players who browse the website from time to time.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2021, 07:44:35 AM »
I am taking a win- But we don't want to sweat with a 1-0 victory.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2021, 12:40:41 PM »
Should we be so overly worried about beating St.Kitts,we f**ked up against P.Rico and a lesson was learnt,just play the football we know we can,that is what we must do.I think every player plus the coach and manager knows exactly what is required.When allyuh worry I worry to,be positive and kick negativity outta de way.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Julien, Gomez bring the power
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2021, 01:50:28 PM »
Julien, Gomez bring the power
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

THE RECALL of wide backs Shannon Gomez and Keston Julien gives the Trinidad and Tobago senior men’s national team a lot more options for their upcoming 2022 CONCACAF zone Group F World Cup qualifiers against the Bahamas (tomorrow) and leaders St Kitts and Nevis on Tuesday.

Both are young, can attack but also defend well.

Their inclusion also gives head coach Terry Fenwick the option of shifting a less fluid, but solid defensive player like Neveal Hackshaw from left-back to the defensive midfield position where he first came to prominence with Derek King’s national Under-20s.

Julien, 22, has three national caps under former head coach Dennis Lawrence and has been playing professionally in Europe for the last five years since his early TT Pro League days with San Juan Jabloteh and W Connection. After signing his first contract with AS Trencin in Slovakia, Julien, an attacking left-back, now plays for FK Sheriff Tiraspol, multiple champions in Moldova and a team which has played very well in European qualifiers. Sheriff again won the Moldova domestic league in 2021 and have qualified for the early rounds of the UEFA Champions League qualifiers. Julien, a starter for most of this season, has recently returned to action following an injury. He also relishes a return the T&T national team.

“Am happy to be back in the team and under a new coach as well,” stated Julien. “Everything is positive.”

Julien’s three T&T senior team caps came in 2019 Nations League matches. Since then he believes he has become an improved player at Sheriff, having as a Caribbean footballer had to work ten times as hard to make the line-up at his club, which also has a lot of African and European players in its ranks.

“I have made a transition to a higher-level club,” stated Julien. “Tactic-wise, I have improved a lot, especially with my defending. My coaches have taught me a lot, so am coming to bring that to my national team.”

Julien added:“On quality, we know we are a better team than Bahamas and St Kitts.” But he has cautioned his teammates to stick to Fenwick’s plan in the upcoming matches.

Gomez, 24, was captain of the national Under-17 team which won the 2014 Caribbean Championship under Derek King. Gomez was also a strong national team prospect and notably impressed former coach Stephen Hart when making his senior team debut on March 28, 2015 in a 1–0 friendly defeat to Panama. He played for 77 minutes before being replaced by Jomal Williams. Gomez made his second international appearance in a friendly on June 6, 2015, featuring for seven minutes in a 1–0 loss to Curaçao.

Making his W Connection debut as a 17-year-old, Gomez was quickly sent to the United States on loan to Major League Soccer club New York FC, but after two injury spells and subsequent surgery, he dropped down to the second tier USL level for the Pittsburgh Riverhounds and now Sacramento Republic. However, Gomez now seems back to his very best and has already this season picked up a Man-of-the-Match award and a Team of the Week pick in Sacramento Republic’s opening two matches.

Bahamas are winless and have conceded 15 goals in previous qualifiers against St Kitts (4-0), Guyana (4-0) and Puerto Rico (7-0). But on Saturday, Gomez thinks T&T need to be ruthless.

“This is a big game for us,” he said. “We need to play to the best of our ability regardless. Come out in the game strong, score our chances and put the game to bed,” he stated.

A very confident Gomez feels the formula against Bahamas is simple, although requiring serious effort.

“We shouldn’t have a reason for an excuse,” he declared, “just go out and play a good football game and win the game for the country.”

Gomez declined call-ups for recent matches against the USA and two March qualifiers but now thinks he is ready for action. He said it had been a long road back from injury but is thankful for the support he has had.

“It is probably the biggest learning experience in my life so far,” Gomez said of his return from injury. “I am just happy to be back at the top of my game again and by extension being back on the national team and representing Trinidad and Tobago again.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2021, 02:49:36 PM »
WATCH: No letting up - Soca Warriors continue to build up to Bahamas clash

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MYtFUbHKKt8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MYtFUbHKKt8</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2021, 03:00:52 PM »
Guyana is losing 2-0 at HT versus St. Kitts Nevis.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 03:27:08 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
National defender Shannon Gomez anticipates 'big game' against Bahamas
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2021, 03:09:16 PM »
National defender Shannon Gomez anticipates 'big game' against Bahamas
T&T Newsday

SOCA Warriors defender Shannon Gomez said the FIFA World Cup Concacaf Zone qualifying match against Bahamas is crucial as every game is like a final.

TT will play Bahamas at 5 pm on Saturday in Bahamas and will then travel to Dominican Republic to face St Kitts/Nevis on Tuesday.

TT’s match against St Kitts/Nevis is a home game for the Soca Warriors, but the match will not be played in Trinidad because of the quarantine rules. People entering TT must quarantine for 14 days.

World Cup qualifying matches are played in a tight FIFA window therefore it is not practical for matches to be held in Trinidad.

TT are second in Group F with four points behind leaders St Kitts/Nevis. TT eased past Guyana 3-0 in their opening match of World Cup qualifying on March 25, before being held to a 1-1 draw by Puerto Rico on March 28.

In an interview with TT Football Association media, Gomez said, “This is a big game for us. We need to take every game as a final so we need to go into this game with a lot of confidence. Obviously it is two important games (and) we need six points. This is just an opportunity for a lot of new guys also to show their faces for the coach (Terry Fenwick) on the national team.”

Discussing the conditions in Bahamas, Gomez said, “Some of the conditions are no different to back home in Trinidad, but also Bahamas will be playing on the same pitch so I think that we need to play to the best of our ability regardless. Come out in the game strong, score our chances and put the game to bed.”

Keston Julien, speaking about the campaign so far, said, “I think everything is going very well with the coach, how he (wants us to play). Everyone is fighting for their spot and I think everything is positive and I think the three points will come in the Bahamas game once we take it with the right mindset and we will go on to the next game and try to get the three points as well.”

Julien, who last played for TT in 2019, wants to bring quality to the national team.

“Between now and 2019 I think I developed more as a player. I know what the national team wants, what they want to do…I would say for sure my defending (has improved), tactical wise I improved a lot. My coaches taught me a lot so I just coming to bring this to the national team now.”

US-based defender Neveal Hackshaw joined the TT camp on Thursday and trained with the rest of the squad in the evening session at the Thomas Robinson Stadium training pitch. Midfielder and captain Khaleem Hyland is scheduled to arrive on Friday.

In related news, all members of the TT contingent returned negative covid19 test results on Wednesday.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2021, 03:39:09 PM »

Romaine Sawyers netted a 3rd. 72 minutes played.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2021, 04:06:14 PM »

Romaine Sawyers netted a 3rd. 72 minutes played.

Goodbye Guyana! 3-0 FT.

The relevance of the fiasco letdown in Mayaguez returns.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 04:10:14 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2021, 05:01:56 PM »

Romaine Sawyers netted a 3rd. 72 minutes played

Goodbye Guyana! 3-0 FT.

The relevance of the fiasco letdown in Mayaguez returns.
there you go again mate, we went to PR and drew big deal, I’m sure st kitts would have gotten the same results in PR if not worst. st kitts had a good draw so far with their two hardest games being on home soil, let’s see what they have on Tuesday away from home and against a formidable opponent. I always say you can’t die twice, so no sense worrying about the out come. the lads just needs to go out there and leave everything on the field especially come tuesday.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2021, 05:08:26 PM »
I honestly expected better from guyana, they just totally crapped themselves on this game. I actually picked them to alps least draw this one.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidad and Tobago wary of underdog Bahamas in FIFA World Cup qualifier
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2021, 08:30:21 AM »
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday)

THE SOCA Warriors will be wary of the underdog when they tackle Bahamas in a 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifying match at the Thomas Robinson Stadium in Nassau, Bahamas, from 5 pm, on Saturday.

Following the match against Bahamas, T&T will travel to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic to face St Kitts/Nevis on Tuesday.

T&T’s match against St Kitts/Nevis is a home game for the Soca Warriors, but the match will not be played in Trinidad because of the quarantine rules. People entering T&T must quarantine for 14 days.

World Cup qualifying matches are played in a tight FIFA window therefore it is not practical for matches to be held in Trinidad.

T&T are third in Group F with four points behind leaders St Kitts/Nevis (nine points) and Puerto Rico (four points).

T&T eased past Guyana 3-0 in their opening match of World Cup qualifying on March 25, before being held to a 1-1 draw by Puerto Rico on March 28.

On Friday, speaking to journalists on Zoom ahead of the match against Bahamas, T&T coach Terry Fenwick said, “We recognise coming for this game here that we can’t take any game for granted. Football around the world quite often (you) here about the underdog coming through so we making sure we are prepared properly.”

Bahamas are at the bottom of the standings in Group F with zero points after suffering three defeats. In their most recent match, Bahamas fell to a heavy 7-0 defeat to Puerto Rico on Wednesday.

Fenwick added, “We will approach the game as professionally as possible. We have good players in the camp already whose been working hard on the training ground. We’ve been looking at our system of play and our game plan.”

Defender Sheldon Bateau echoed the sentiments of his coach. “We don’t want to take them lightly at all. We know we are the favourites going into the game, but it is about proving that on the day…that’s what we looking to do. We want to have a good start, we want to have a good performance,” Bateau said.

Luke Singh, Nicklas Frenderup and Jomal Williams are not available for Saturday’s game for various reasons. Frenderup's partner had a child recently. Fenwick said he is uncertain when the trio will join the team.

Speaking about what strategy fans can expect from T&T, Fenwick said, “Over the course of 90 minutes you looking to change your setup to the different periods of the game. Obviously in the early stages is when people got energy in their bodies. We will be keeping it very tight. We will be organised and professional and keeping every tight at that stage and as the game rolls on we will see how it plays out.”

T&T’s preparation between March and Saturday’s qualifier has not been ideal as the Soca Warriors have not played any international friendlies.

Discussing the team’s buildup to Saturday’s encounter, Fenwick said, “It has not been easy at all because of the lack of games that we’ve had. We have not had any friendly games coming in for these qualifiers, so everything that we’ve done has been on the training ground.”

In related news, St Kitts/Nevis brushed aside Guyana 3-0 in their qualifier on Friday.

T&T SQUAD:

Goalkeepers – Adrian Foncette, Denzil Smith.

Defenders – Radanfah Abu Bakr, Robert Primus, Keston Julien, Shannon Gomez, Sheldon Bateau, Aubrey David, Justin Garcia, Jesse Williams, Neveal Hackshaw, Noah Powder, Joevin Jones.

Midfielders – Duane Muckette, Michel Poon-Angeron, Andre Fortune II, Daniel Phillips, Judah Garcia, Khaleem Hyland, Levi Garcia.

Forwards – Daniel Carr, Ryan Telfer.

Coach – Terry Fenwick.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2021, 08:51:42 AM »
are they going to show this game today on any local channel in trinidad or any International channels?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2021, 09:00:21 AM »

T&T SQUAD:

Defenders – Radanfah Abu Bakr, Robert Primus, Keston Julien, Shannon Gomez, Sheldon Bateau, Aubrey David, Justin Garcia, Jesse Williams, Neveal Hackshaw, Noah Powder, Joevin Jones.

Midfielders – Duane Muckette, Michel Poon-Angeron, Andre Fortune II, Daniel Phillips, Judah Garcia, Khaleem Hyland, Levi Garcia.

Coach – Terry Fenwick.

so gg3 didn't make the cut?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 09:03:42 AM by kounty »

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

THE SOCA Warriors will be wary of the underdog when they tackle Bahamas in a 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifying match at the Thomas Robinson Stadium in Nassau, Bahamas, from 5 pm, on Saturday.

Following the match against Bahamas, T&T will travel to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic to face St Kitts/Nevis on Tuesday.

T&T’s match against St Kitts/Nevis is a home game for the Soca Warriors, but the match will not be played in Trinidad because of the quarantine rules. People entering T&T must quarantine for 14 days.

T&T are third in Group F with four points behind leaders St Kitts/Nevis (nine points) and Puerto Rico (four points).

T&T eased past Guyana 3-0 in their opening match of World Cup qualifying on March 25, before being held to a 1-1 draw by Puerto Rico on March 28.

On Friday, speaking to journalists on Zoom ahead of the match against Bahamas, T&T coach Terry Fenwick said, “We recognise coming for this game here that we can’t take any game for granted. Football around the world quite often (you) here about the underdog coming through so we making sure we are prepared properly.”

You know5 years ago I felt TF should have been involved at some capacity with the national team but at this current time I am not too sure he has the  aptitutue to inspire and instill confidence so.eybased on his messaging and deployment of players. This is my personal opinion garnered from readingsand observing the games.
Look all teams are undergoing similar challenges with game prep and impact of COVID.So why is St Kitts having success running the table? It has come to this where we are reading headlines like TnT weary of Bahamas! At least when Lawerence was at the heals he outwardly declared his intention to build  a team to once more be  the number one in the region. Currently in this campaign we are facing must wins against countries with smaller talent pools.
Why would a coach approach each game with  what seems like disclaimers in the event of a poor performance? If you dot have friendliest make your training  competitive- simulate game situations- be on the ball have a seaming offence and create a defence that blanket  the attackers. Faxk man yuh getting PAID 20 k US to coach and produce a competitive team- your salary alone could pay the monthly income of St Kitts
 Go read some books of inspiring coaches rather than resorting to yelling tapping up men and trying to buff them up that they is massa tactics from plantation days.

Bahamas are at the bottom of the standings in Group F with zero points after suffering three defeats. In their most recent match, Bahamas fell to a heavy 7-0 defeat to Puerto Rico on Wednesday.

Fenwick added, “We will approach the game as professionally as possible. We have good players in the camp already whose been working hard on the training ground. We’ve been looking at our system of play and our game plan.”

Defender Sheldon Bateau echoed the sentiments of his coach. “We don’t want to take them lightly at all. We know we are the favourites going into the game, but it is about proving that on the day…that’s what we looking to do. We want to have a good start, we want to have a good performance,” Bateau said.

Luke Singh, Nicklas Frenderup and Jomal Williams are not available for Saturday’s game for various reasons. Frenderup's partner had a child recently. Fenwick said he is uncertain when the trio will join the team.

Speaking about what strategy fans can expect from T&T, Fenwick said, “Over the course of 90 minutes you looking to change your setup to the different periods of the game. Obviously in the early stages is when people got energy in their bodies. We will be keeping it very tight. We will be organised and professional and keeping every tight at that stage and as the game rolls on we will see how it plays out.”

T&T’s preparation between March and Saturday’s qualifier has not been ideal as the Soca Warriors have not played any international friendlies.

Discussing the team’s buildup to Saturday’s encounter, Fenwick said, “It has not been easy at all because of the lack of games that we’ve had. We have not had any friendly games coming in for these qualifiers, so everything that we’ve done has been on the training ground.”

In related news, St Kitts/Nevis brushed aside Guyana 3-0 in their qualifier on Friday.

T&T SQUAD:

Coach – Terry Fenwick.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2021, 11:00:02 AM »
PREVIEW: Bahamas vs Trinidad and Tobago

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hlotDfrK9pw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hlotDfrK9pw</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2021, 12:17:49 PM »
Live at 5 on paramount+ for those that have it

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2021, 02:21:21 PM »
Any links?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2021, 02:23:18 PM »
Foncette
Julien
Bateau
David
Gomez
Fortune
Muckette
Hackshaw
Jones
Telfer
Garcia

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2021, 02:56:29 PM »
are they going to show this game today on any local channel in trinidad or any International channels?

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/81385/Bahamas_vs_Trinidad_and_Tobago.html

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2021, 03:14:35 PM »
lets go guys
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>