March 28, 2024, 06:32:01 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Bahamas Game (5-Jun-2021)  (Read 18757 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Bahamas Game (5-Jun-2021)
« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2021, 06:19:16 PM »
we are eliminated !!!!!!!!!!
The rebuilding begins now, there needs to be change.
what reee you talking about? they need to build full stop. start by putting a solid league together and getting the ministry or some benevolent foreigner to build a few academies because heaven knows that theTTFA ain’t gonna do it.
I hear you and we do need to build but we should focus on the youths now, I think it's time to part ways with some of older players. I actually agree with you in the set-up of academies but we can take a blueprint of countries like Iceland and invest in youth coaches being certified with on-going training. Maybe have them pay and refund them after 6 months of steady coaching so we know it's going to use. I say the focus should be younger players. Time we do it the right way.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2021, 06:19:24 PM »
Goodbye. .

St Kitts partying now. .

Who is willing to bet that gold cup qualifying will be played with pro league players. I can't see any of the 1st team guys wanting to play for Fenwick again.

Lawrence was a way better coach.

So now Dennis looking like a hero ?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 05, 2021, 06:20:39 PM »
what reee you talking about? they need to build full stop. start by putting a solid league together and getting the ministry or some benevolent foreigner to build a few academies because heaven knows that theTTFA ain’t gonna do it.
I hear you and we do need to build but we should focus on the youths now, I think it's time to part ways with some of older players. I actually agree with you in the set-up of academies but we can take a blueprint of countries like Iceland and invest in youth coaches being certified with on-going training. Maybe have them pay and refund them after 6 months of steady coaching so we know it's going to use. I say the focus should be younger players. Time we do it the right way.

Who funding the the academies, Haddad?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 05, 2021, 06:26:39 PM »

Not surprised.Poor results have been happening for some time now in recent years. We just have continued since Dennis Lawrence with the poor results
poor league, poor federation, no player developement programs, poor coaching development programs, no money spend on football by local sponsorship or the state, just piss poor football administration, so what you expect miracles? maybe this will finally be the wake up call we’ve been needing. in a way I’m elated that we’ve loss. maybe our citizens will wake up and finally decide to do something drastic about football.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 05, 2021, 06:31:44 PM »
You guys killed you know that? so we loss the bloody game and we’re out, that’s life!! don’t make it harder than it already is. The fact remains we have no youth de elopement system, no youth league, no academy system, a unattended league with no structure, yet when we underachieve you heap blame on the wrong people.

Why not start with the people who actually should be held responsible like the ministry of sports who never build one full time football school, the local regional stake holders who still play football on community playgrounds where every one uses, the people who voted for camps and Warner for two decades who has done absolutely nothing to advance football for in 25 years.

so don’t blame fenwick, start with the players who can’t score a sitter in the box, or the local club coaches who never taught their players the basics like passing and shielding a ball properly, or the federation presidents who were only in football to seek their own interest and the people who facilitated them. yes fenwick should go for the simple fact that he was unable to motivate the players, but was losing his fault, did he blow any of those chance tonight?

Fenwick's fault hands down. Even at our worst, we should not have lost this game. Our guys are much more talented than BAH. If you watched the PR game and this one, you will see that these guys didn't know what to do. They waiting on Fenwick instructions.
I don’t agree. It wasn’t fenwick who missed an open net in the dying stages of a must win game. The reality is that we don’t have quality players, there’s no one even in the lower leagues in Britain at all our guys are playing in in lower leagues around asia and europe. let’s be honest here, if you have quality then a coach matters but little. Just face it mate, our players really really lack quality and that’s the bottom line they are piss poor.

Ok. .

Listen all of our players are professionals. They get paid to play. BAH on the other hand may have 1 professional who gets paid. This means our players are better.

So ask yourself this question, How can a team with only 1 professional player pull off a result against a team of professionals? It's because the coaching is bad. Not because BAH is better. .

When a team of technically more skilled players loses to a team with much less skill, the culprit is the coaching. Let me remind you BAH lost to every team in the group. It is BAH, not Haiti. . It is BAH, not Curacao. It is BAH, a team that starts every qualifications campaign knowing that they ain't go make it to the next round.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2021, 06:33:01 PM »
Goodbye. .

St Kitts partying now. .

Who is willing to bet that gold cup qualifying will be played with pro league players. I can't see any of the 1st team guys wanting to play for Fenwick again.

You tell me Deeks. Who would you rather have as coach for the BAH game. DL would have been better prepared.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 05, 2021, 06:38:16 PM »

Not surprised.Poor results have been happening for some time now in recent years. We just have continued since Dennis Lawrence with the poor results
poor league, poor federation, no player developement programs, poor coaching development programs, no money spend on football by local sponsorship or the state, just piss poor football administration, so what you expect miracles? maybe this will finally be the wake up call we’ve been needing. in a way I’m elated that we’ve loss. maybe our citizens will wake up and finally decide to do something drastic about football.

maybe our citizens will wake up and finally decide to do something drastic about football.

People not support anything unless the team winning. Win first then they go wake up and everything go fall in place.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 05, 2021, 06:41:32 PM »
thank you for being level headed after such an emotional crush, but the reality remains that we must invest in the sport. gone are the days when players made it on talent alone. we actually live in an era of tactical ability in sports where if you’re not technically trained the game will leave you behind, and that’s what is happening to us as we speak, we’re being left behind in the dust where We’re actually struggling to beat teams we normally would steam roll. I for one am happy that this is happening to us, maybe now someone will get up and pound the desk and say enough is enough, no more plasters on chop wounds. let’s finally get up and operate to heal this wound instead of treating it with a brand new coach.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 05, 2021, 06:43:55 PM »
Goodbye. .

St Kitts partying now. .

You tell me Deeks. Who would you rather have as coach for the BAH game. DL would have been better prepared.

The fact is DL was heavily criticised on this forum when he coached the team. We lost some close games. DL did not deliver so he had to pay the price. I don't think he was a terrible coach. They just did not win the close games. Well the US game was an exception. Plus having DJW as the top admin. did not help his case one bit.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 05, 2021, 06:48:06 PM »

maybe our citizens will wake up and finally decide to do something drastic about football.

People not support anything unless the team winning. Win first then they go wake up and everything go fall in place.
im talking about our citizens who’s in charge of football, not the fans. the regional zonal membership, the sanchos, the look loys, the harfords, the Shelby browns, Ferguson’s, the club owners, the businessmen, the minister of sports, everyone who has a say in how the sport in administered on the both islands. we are running on fumes ATM.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 05, 2021, 06:49:53 PM »
GoP like he feeling light-headed.  ;D

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 05, 2021, 06:50:03 PM »
Wait ah minute now. I will never for one second say Dennis Lawrence was a good coach. If we agree Fenwick is not a good coach, that does not make Lawrence a better or good coach. When DL got the team it was in bad condition and we declined A LOT under him as coach. Do allyuh want me to remind you what was T&T record against other teams when DL was coach? Regardless T&T football is at the worse stage I can ever remember.
And honestly this result is not a surprise because we have been struggling against Caribbean opposition for the last couple years and it is not because they got better, it is simply because we got worse. Our problems start at youth level and the national team will never be successful until we correct the issues at youth level.

Anyway I saw this very interesting response to today's loss.. https://tinyurl.com/5xwchrnh
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 07:04:54 PM by Sando prince »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 05, 2021, 06:50:16 PM »
thank you for being level headed after such an emotional crush, but the reality remains that we must invest in the sport. gone are the days when players made it on talent alone. we actually live in an era of tactical ability in sports where if you’re not technically trained the game will leave you behind, and that’s what is happening to us as we speak, we’re being left behind in the dust where We’re actually struggling to beat teams we normally would steam roll. I for one am happy that this is happening to us, maybe now someone will get up and pound the desk and say enough is enough, no more plasters on chop wounds. let’s finally get up and operate to heal this wound instead of treating it with a brand new coach.

Pullstones I agree that the infrastructure is lacking and that development is key. Our current squad is still lacking. But a draw to PR, then to BAH tells the story of a bad coach. Because our lads are much more skilled than PR and BAH.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 05, 2021, 06:52:15 PM »

Wait ah minute now. I will never for one second say Dennis Lawrence was a good coach. If we agree Fenwick is not a good coach, that does not make Lawrence a better or good coach. When DL got the team it was in bad condition and we declined A LOT under him as coach. Do allyuh want me to remind you what was T&T record against other teams when DL was coach? Regardless T&T football is at the worse stage I can ever remember.
And honestly this result is not a surprise. we have been struggling against Caribbean opposition for the last couple years and it is not because they got better, it is simply because we got worse. Our problems start at youth level and the national team will never be successful until we correct the issues at youth level.

Anyway I saw this very interesting response to today's loss.. https://tinyurl.com/5xwchrnh
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 07:04:42 PM by Sando prince »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 05, 2021, 06:52:50 PM »
Goodbye. .

St Kitts partying now. .

The fact is DL was heavily criticised on this forum when he coached the team. We lost some close games. DL did not deliver so he had to pay the price. I don't think he was a terrible coach. They just did not win the close games. Well the US game was an exception. Plus having DJW as the top admin. did not help his case one bit.
even if we bring pep or Jose to coach these lads we will faulter. in all honesty these guys seriously lack quality and are unmotivated. TBH none these guys would make a Jamaican team as we speak, we seriously lack quality mate and that’s the truth.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 05, 2021, 06:53:25 PM »

Pullstones I agree that the infrastructure is lacking and that development is key. Our current squad is still lacking. But a draw to PR, then to BAH tells the story of a bad coach. Because our lads are much more skilled than PR and BAH.

Yet, they didn't lose either match. You calling Dennis name on the basis of Anguilla isn't exactly a ... hate to say it ...  isn't exactly a winning proposition. But, here's the difference between DL and TF: DL will coach the Warriors again. TF not.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 05, 2021, 06:54:39 PM »
DL record when coach of T&T speaks for itself. He is definition of poor and sad. As for Fenwick I am also not convinced he is ready for the job. But TnT football problems go beyond who is coach right now
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 06:57:55 PM by Sando prince »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 05, 2021, 06:59:31 PM »
Goodbye. .

St Kitts partying now. .

even if we bring pep or Jose to coach these lads we will faulter. in all honesty these guys seriously lack quality and are unmotivated. TBH none these guys would make a Jamaican team as we speak, we seriously lack quality mate and that’s the truth.

Neither Pep nor Jose was losing this match. And Jose wasn't falling for the imaginary bus.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 05, 2021, 07:01:37 PM »
Wait ah minute now. I will never for one second Dennis Lawrence was a good coach. If we agree Fenwick is not a good coach, that does not make Lawrence a better or good coach. When DL got the team it was in bad condition and we declined A LOT under him as coach. Do allyuh want me to remind you what was T&T record against other teams when DL was coach? Regardless T&T football is at the worse stage I can ever remember.
And honestly this result is not a surprise because we have been struggling against Caribbean opposition for the last couple years and it is not because they got better, it is simply because we got worse. Our problems start at youth level and the national team will never be successful until we correct the issues at youth level.

DL had better tactics. I am not calling him to come back. But there was a bit more hope with the ball under DL.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2021, 07:02:48 PM »

Wait ah minute now. I will never for one second Dennis Lawrence was a good coach. If we agree Fenwick is not a good coach, that does not make Lawrence a better or good coach. When DL got the team it was in bad condition and we declined A LOT under him as coach. Do allyuh want me to remind you what was T&T record against other teams when DL was coach? Regardless T&T football is at the worse stage I can ever remember.
And honestly this result is not a surprise. we have been struggling against Caribbean opposition for the last couple years and it is not because they got better, it is simply because we got worse. Our problems start at youth level and the national team will never be successful until we correct the issues at youth level.

but wait, haven’t I been preaching all that and more day and night for the past five years? and how will our players respect the national colors when our federation treat them like hogs off to market with the shitty stipends shoddy hotels and tedious travel arrangements and money still owed after years of service to the national team? they just had a federation president over thrown before their very eyes and the football stakeholders went right along with it. I say when our federation, the government and cooperate TT finally gets serious with football, then football would get serious with us.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 07:05:20 PM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 05, 2021, 07:04:20 PM »

DL had better tactics. I am not calling him to come back. But there was a bit more hope with the ball under DL.

Damn GoP, ah sure yuh wouldn't recognize your own posts from the DL era. :rotfl:

How many matches did DL play WITH Molino?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2021, 07:05:40 PM »

Yet, they didn't lose either match. You calling Dennis name on the basis of Anguilla isn't exactly a ... hate to say it ...  isn't exactly a winning proposition. But, here's the difference between DL and TF: DL will coach the Warriors again. TF not.

I guess so. All I saying is that the team look like they had a plan under DL.. Well at least for many of the games he coached. When I seen the PR game, I knew the team would not be getting much better than that. Low and behold, a loss to a 201 rank team.. A team that starts every campaign knowing they aint coming out of the first round. 

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2021, 07:08:17 PM »

Damn GoP, ah sure yuh wouldn't recognize your own posts from the DL era. :rotfl:

How many matches did DL play WITH Molino?

I cant recall. My point is that we look better under DL than Fenwick. Did you see the PR and BAH game? Compare that with any of the games under DL. Even the ones we get we arse handed to. We scored in CR, Panama.. but not a goal against BAH.. 

DL has a better approach. I aint calling him to come back. But if I had to choose between the two, I will take my chances with DL again.. As much as I wouldnt want to.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 07:09:53 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2021, 07:10:00 PM »

mate Dennis lawrence went 17 games without a win, finally winning against Anguilla in a friendly set up by fat boy just too boost moral. fenwick lost one game, won one game and drew two, plus fenwick beat guyana whom lawrence failed to beat. I don’t get the comparison?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 07:26:33 PM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2021, 07:14:25 PM »
Ah doh care how many SORRY structural problems exist in T&T football. This match was not drawn because of them. Nor was the PR match drawn because of them.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2021, 07:15:47 PM »

mate Dennis lawrence went 17 games without a win, finally winning against Anguilla in a friendly set up by fat boy just too boost moral. fenwick lost one game, won one game and drew two, plus fenwick beat guyana whom lawrence failed to beat.

Ok. Good point.  I leaving it there.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2021, 07:18:22 PM »
Ah doh care how many SORRY structural problems exist in T&T football. This match was not drawn because of them. Nor was the PR match drawn because of them.

I agree.. So what was the reason?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2021, 07:23:39 PM »

I agree.. So what was the reason?

Our approach to the match was WRONG!

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2021, 07:24:52 PM »
DL record when coach of T&T speaks for itself. He is definition of poor and sad. As for Fenwick I am also not convinced he is ready for the job. But TnT football problems go beyond who is coach right now
thank you very much,I’ve been waiting to hear those words. Our problems go way beyond coaching. our lads severely lack quality and proper developmental skills, in fact the record shows that most of our defeats and failures came from a lack of mental development. we are blessed in trinidad with talented children, but we let them down repeatedly with our zooish third world complaisance and primordial incompetence.

in all honesty, how bloody hard is it to build five academies around the country, hire the English, German, Italians, dutch and Spaniards as developmental coaches in these schools geared only for football and academics,  build a proper domestic league with promotion and relegation while funding play grounds with a 10 seating capacity like we have in the conference league, how bloody hard could that be for a country with billions? but these monkeys in TT use football as a get rich scheme instead of doing right by the sport, and as a result the sport suffers.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 05, 2021, 07:24:57 PM »
Look Loy dam you dam you dam you :banginghead: :frustrated: :cursing:

1]; } ?>