March 28, 2024, 03:33:12 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Bahamas Game (5-Jun-2021)  (Read 18751 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Bahamas Game (5-Jun-2021)
« Reply #240 on: June 07, 2021, 11:04:58 AM »
Ah  fenwick said we have top class quality players ...  :-\

Why would he throw his team under the bus?

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 07, 2021, 11:11:17 AM »
Greetings to all. Y'all know the crew does only read as a guest and keep it moving, we don't post anymore. However, we couldn't help but to express our hurt and disappointment in this team lately. With no disrespect to the Bahamas people, but come tuh forkkke on man, T&T cannot score a few goals against Bahamas, huh, really. Bahamas is known for that good fish fry, lovely place for a vacation, but definitely not football/soccer. WTF is really going on my T&T? Highly Blessed.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 11:16:45 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 07, 2021, 11:13:20 AM »

[/qu

He did throw them under the bus btw  .......
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 07, 2021, 11:28:59 AM »
This here is what absolutely kills me with these bloody football insiders in Trinidad and Tobago, you mean to tell me that they did not know before fenwick took the job that our football was on shit street, nah it was only until this English man…who mind you only coached 4 games in charge came along that football fell into bad hands.

This same Brian Williams bloke coached the youth team and got flogged even worst than fenwick….not once but a few times, and ironically is also a good friend of the fat boss and facilitated his bullshit for 4 of the longest years in TT football where we went from 49th in fifa ranking to 102 and the losingest coach we ever had in Dennis lawrence. people like him, andre baptiste and Brent sancho are some of the biggest frauds in football and should just STFU about anything to do with football and it’s failures.

The time when they were supposed to talk and made their disappointment known they stayed mum and allowed that fat crook breathing room to steal and set up offshore accounts while football went down the drain. This crook went and build a hotel next to the stadium in Couva just to say that he build a home for football with not even as much as a fitness center, a pool, a conference room, a staff room, a review room to watch games and do analysis, and no spa, that’s some bloody home of football I’ll say. yet everyone lauded him for such a job well done.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 11:43:32 AM by pull stones »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A Call to Reality: Former players respond to World Cup qualification exit
« Reply #244 on: June 07, 2021, 02:48:17 PM »
By Garth Wattley (T&T Express)

Saturday’s goalless draw against the Bahamas is a “call to reality” for Trinidad and Tobago’s football. That’s the view of one former national coach as the post-mortems begin following the national team’s exit from Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifying at the first stage.

Terry Fenwick’s charges will go into their final Group F match against already qualified St Kitts and Nevis tomorrow with nothing but pride to play for after their failure to beat a Bahamian team that had conceded 15 goals in their previous three matches.

And following Saturday’s match, Fenwick was left ruing the difference in approach between his men and their hosts.

“I’ve got to hand it to Bahamas. They had a game plan, they wore their hearts on their sleeves, they fought for every ball,” Fenwick said in a post-match media conference.

“If you don’t score at this level, teams can come back and bite you and I thought that’s what they did. Bahamas showed a lot of pride and passion, played for their country and the chances that we missed I think were glaring,”

Clayton Morris, speaking as a former national player and captain, was also concerned with the level of commitment the T&T players showed in comparison to their opponents.

“From the time the game started, the players lacked the motivation and drive. Given the nature of the game as a former player, I didn’t get that feeling the team had the right drive, focus, the right mentality and approach for a game of that nature,” he told the Express.

“That team (Bahamas) was playing for pride. You playing against a team playing for pride, you supposed to have more pride because you have more at stake. We were supposed to come with energy and enthusiasm ...It had to start with that personality and attitude. Somebody has to stand up and be counted as the leader.”

For former national men’s and women’s senior team coach Jamaal Shabazz however, Saturday’s result was about more than what didn’t happen on Saturday. “We in the Caribbean have false notions of what it is to qualify for a World Cup,” he said.

“We qualified for a World Cup in 2005 and there were certain things in place and when you look at this campaign and the state of Trinidad and Tobago’s football in terms of the need to rebuild, nobody should be shedding no crocodile tears. It will be easy for the nation to lynch Terry Fenwick and personally, I will feel no pity for him. However, all of us in football must take a collective responsibility of bringing the game to this damnation. Me first.”

Explaining why the football community should shoulder some of the blame, Shabazz added: “The in-fighting from the different groups and stakeholders in football has been nothing short of gang war. Men have assassinated each others’ characters because different stakeholders have not been able to work together post Jack Warner.”

As for what should happen next, Shabazz had two suggestions. The first was for Englishman Fenwick.

“When the females performed badly under me as head coach and I realised I could get no more out of them what did I do? I resigned. Is there not that honour from the current head coach? He comes from a country with the Westminster system that is a bastion for resignations and taking responsibility. Who should know better than the son of Sir Winston Churchill?”

The second suggestion was for the normalisation committee currently running the affairs of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association.

“I want to see more consultation between the normalisation committee and the stakeholders in football. If they were so good by themselves at running football they would have been involved decades ago, so, utilise the expertise of the same (Keith) Look Loy (former technical director), Corneals, Dr (Alvin) Hendersons and even Kenwyne Jones in this rebuilding process.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Strike Squad defender Brian Williams laments World Cup qualification exit
« Reply #245 on: June 07, 2021, 03:10:49 PM »
Strike Squad defender Brian Williams laments World Cup qualification exit
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday)

TRINIDAD AND Tobago football is at its lowest point ever and in dire need of divine intervention in all aspects of the game.

So says Brian Williams, former 1989 Strike Squad defender, who believes the future of T&T football lies within the creative minds of ex-national players, who wish to one day, return the Soca Warriors to being one of the region’s most feared teams.

The 59-year-old dubbed T&T’s “disappointing” exit from the Concacaf World Cup qualifiers as a cause for “major concern” and called on former players to come together with the sole intention of reversing the team’s downward spiral.

Williams made these remarks following T&T’s 0-0 result against Bahamas on Saturday, which saw them unable to advance to the next Concacaf qualifying round and omitted from 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification.

“The major concern is where do we go from here?" asked Williams on Sunday. "The way we went out was embarrassing. People are disappointed. It was difficult for me to even carry high expectations for us to qualify for the World Cup.

“We are expected to go past teams like Bahamas. I think we got to look seriously in rebuilding our football. It cannot get any lower than this I think. We’re down and we need to get back up.

“We got to rebuild and put things in place with the footballing minds that we have available. Dwight Yorke, Russell Latapy, Dennis Lawrence, Shaka Hislop, Brent Sancho, Clayton Morris, David Nakhid, myself and other footballing minds of the future have to come together,” he said.

Williams, a past national men's team assistant coach and former T&T Under-20 men’s coach, called on coach Terry Fenwick and the players to accept total responsibility for the upsetting result which ended all hopes of the nation’s presence at next year’s World Cup in Qatar.

While he thinks that last year’s legal wrangling between the T&T Football Association (TTFA) and FIFA, the challenges which followed (with FIFA appointing a normalisation committee to oversee the TTFA's affairs) and the covid19 pandemic may have had negative impacts on the team's preparations, Williams does not believe these issues should be used as scapegoats for the squad’s poor performance.

Prior to the Bahamas draw on Saturday, T&T defeated Guyana 3-0 (March 25) and drew 1-1 against Puerto Rico (March 28) in their other Group F qualifiers. St Kitts/Nevis, however, won all their three matches to date and, with an unassailable nine points, they will advance to the next stage of competition, despite the outcome of their final group clash against T&T on Tuesday. The T&T-St Kitts/Nevis match will take place at Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

Williams said, “I coach the game but I didn’t see any enthusiasm and drive by the players. You’re not seeing the players trying to play in some way to really win a football game.

“We got take responsibility, even as coach. Fenwick has to answer and take responsibility like everyone else. The coach, more so, is responsible for a team’s performance.

“When I looked at the game I saw nothing. All of us who represented the country and have it at heart were totally embarrassed with what we saw on Saturday. We have to get together and put our football administratively and in all other aspects, in place,” he added.

Similarly, former national captain and English Premier League striker Kenwyne Jones took to social media to voice his concerns on the team’s performance. He, however, was not critical of their showing but sought to encourage his fellow countrymen to find solutions to help T&T out of its current footballing demise.

Jones posted to Facebook, “To my friends, past teammates, put aside your fan view for a moment and be proactive, get qualified in sport business and administration, coaching at all levels to ensure that we help develop our sporting culture and practices in this country.

“It’s no use sitting at home now being critical of what we see now if we're not actively trying to be a part of the solution.”

Having arrived at the end of T&T’s 2022 World Cup qualification campaign, the squad will soon shift their focus to the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup.

T&T begins their Gold Cup quest against Montserrat, in a preliminary round match, on July 2 at the DRV PNK Stadium, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US. The winners of this match will play the winners of the Cuba-French Guiana fixture on July 6, for a chance to join Mexico, Curacao and El Salvador in Group A.

The group stage will run from July 10-20, followed by the knockout stage (July 24 to August 1).

Looking ahead to the Gold Cup qualifiers, Williams does not see much room for improvement with just over three weeks to go. He questioned the team’s strategy going forward.

“We cannot carry hopes into the Gold Cup. The Gold Cup is just a few weeks away. What do you see could be done in any meaningful to have a great impact in such a short space of time? What is our approach to this competition? We’re not on solid ground,” he said.

In conclusion, Williams agreed with Jones’ statement and believes all avenues of local football must be reassessed if T&T is to, once more, return to being a formidable force in the Caribbean.

“We have to go deep into disappointment. And we’re here. We have to deal with the reality of things; how football has been going in T&T, the challenges we had, the pandemic and how we can move forward.

“The talent gap among nations is closing but we are regressing. We should have been moving higher up the rankings (FIFA). What we need to do is to look seriously, including myself, to get involved to trying to assist the football and moving in the right direction.

“The answers are simple but several,” he closed.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidad and Tobago football team puts old wine in new skins
« Reply #246 on: June 07, 2021, 03:41:36 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago football team puts old wine in new skins
By Stephon Nicholas (T&T Newsday)

Trinidad and Tobago put old wine into new skins in Nassau on Saturday, but the brand new BOL kit designs failed to mask the deep problems in local football.

Instead, T&T football sank to a new low after an abysmal performance in a 0-0 draw against 201st-ranked Bahamas.

The shocking result ended the country’s 2022 FIFA World Cup campaign before it had really begun.

Assistant T&T coach Kelvin Jack buried his head in his hands at the final whistle, perhaps replicating what Soca Warriors fans had been doing throughout the 90 minutes of frustration by coach Terry Fenwick's team.

Bahamas certainly gave their all, showing pride and grit after conceding 15 goals unanswered in their previous three games.

In contrast, the Soca Warriors looked uninspired, discombobulated and without purpose, as Bahamas refused to roll over.

BOL, a Miami-based sports apparel company, is charging US$90 each for the new designs.

Coach Fenwick, after the game, blamed T&T's profligacy in front of the goal for the draw.

"We created about six, seven or eight chances and didn’t convert – and if you don’t score at this level, teams can come back and bite you, and I thought that’s what they did.”

T&T's shooting was certainly poor, but Fenwick hardly told the full story of a must-win encounter.

Errant passes from both sides were prevalent throughout the game and gave Bahamas belief, as the match grew on, that the Soca Warriors were perhaps at their level.

T&T players looked unsure about where they should be on the field or where their teammates were. The intent to score was there, but the approach to the end product was lacking.

National captain Khaleem Hyland's late arrival to the camp from Saudi Arabia, 24 hours before the game, meant he could only join in the second half – and his absence on the field showed.

But even so, T&T still should have had enough talent to take care of business against a very weak Bahamas team. Footage after the game showed the Bahamians, bottom of Group F, celebrating their point – their first in World Cup qualifying in over a decade.

Fenwick certainly has to take the majority of the blame for the campaign's abrupt end – although there was no mention of that in his post-match interview in the Bahamas. The Englishman, after over a year in charge, has yet to leave an imprint on the squad.

Off the field, meanwhile, there have been unnecessary distractions, including a confrontation with team media officer Shaun Fuentes over media personnel being invited to media conferences.

Against Bahamas, Fenwick was unable to effectively utilise AEK Athens' Levi Garcia down the right flank. On the left side, multiple MLS champion Joevin Jones struggled to make an impact and was forced backwards regularly.

A swap of flanks might have given Bahamas something different to think about. It never happened.

Instead, the minutes ticked away with T&T no closer to breaking the deadlock.

As T&T struggled to string together passes, it took them almost the duration of the game to try a more direct approach. Unsurprisingly, it was a free kick from the left, which Neveal Hackshaw headed onto the post, which almost rescued T&T.

Too little too late.

Accountability and transparency remain issues that keep T&T football stagnant.

How did T&T reach here, a Soca Warrior fan living under a rock might ask.

It was less than a year ago that FIFA threatened to throw T&T out of the World Cup campaign without a ball being kicked.

Football administrations continue to play the blame game so endemic to the country. The FIFA normalisation committee points fingers at United TTFA, United TTFA blames David John-Williams, and John-Williams says it is his predecessors’ fault – all while football deteriorates and each administration makes similar mistakes.

Just last week women's football director Jinelle James acknowledged not adhering to proper protocols, under the normalisation committee, in the appointment of two assistant coaches.

Fenwick's contract – US$20,000 a month – has been fraught with controversy, with ex-TTFA president Wallace refusing to accept the blame for signing a deal which was supposed to be for US$17,500 a month.

Former technical director Keith Look Loy said other perks in the contract were never brought to the technical committee or the board – a car, a phone and paying Fenwick’s taxes.

United TTFA had promised an open style of governance and to do things differently from John-Williams.

Local football is at a tipping point with the covid19 pandemic and its economic impact huge obstacles to its progress.

Sport Minister Shamfa Cudjoe recently hinted that the Pro League would not receive automatic support from the Government as she called for a proper business plan. Football remains the most popular sport locally, but investment without a proper plan and execution would be spinning top in mud.

T&T needs to be rebuilt properly from the ground up. Ex-T&T captain Kenwyne Jones, immediately after the game, began urging people to be proactive and get certified to get involved at all levels.

Super League and Pro League teams must engage their fan base to build support and rivalry. Women's football must not be an afterthought.

It's been 20 years since four stadiums were built for the FIFA Under-17 World Cup. But the last time a football event drew a capacity crowd at one of the main stadiums was December 2, 2014, when Ecuador beat T&T’s women 1-0 for a spot in the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup.

It should be a reminder that infrastructure alone does not translate into sporting success.

On being elected TTFA president in November 2019, Wallace said, "When we start to play good football, the fans will come out.”

Judging from the latest performance under Fenwick and the normalisation committee, it's gonna be a while.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Historic draw for The Bahamas
« Reply #247 on: June 07, 2021, 06:04:44 PM »
Historic draw for The Bahamas
By Simba French (The Nassau Guardian)

In a game in which The Bahamas senior men’s national soccer team was the underdogs, they pulled through and played spoiler to regional powerhouse Trinidad and Tobago, playing to a 0-0 draw on Saturday afternoon at the Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium in New Providence.

The game was The Bahamas’ final group match in the FIFA (International Federation of Association Football) 2022 World Cup Qualifiers for the CONCACAF (Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football) region. The squad managed to walk away from a tough Group F with one point – one draw and three losses in the round.

For Trinidad and Tobago, who was the favorite in the group, the loss means they will not finish first in Group F and their World Cup run for 2022 will come to an end. They will not advance to the second round, but rather it will be St. Kitts and Nevis.

It was a brilliant result for Team Bahamas.

Assistant coach for The Bahamas Kevin Davies, who is a former national team player, said it was a huge win for The Bahamas.

“It is probably up there with the 1-0 defeat of Jamaica at the under-23 level in 2008,” said Davies. “It is probably a top-five victory for the country in international play, especially against higher-ranked teams.”

In the FIFA/Coca-Cola Men’s World Rankings, Trinidad & Tobago is ranked at number 103, while The Bahamas is at number 201. It is the first time that The Bahamas has played to a draw against a country nearly 100 positions higher in the rankings on the senior men’s level.

Davies was a part of the coaching staff in 2008 that helped The Bahamas take down Jamaica, 1-0, at the under-23 age level. The person who scored the lone goal in that match was Lesly St. Fleur.

In the match on Saturday, Trinidad & Tobago had several chances to score but The Bahamas’ 18-year-old goalkeeper Ian Lowe brushed off a 7-0 drubbing from Wednesday against Puerto Rico, to play the best game of his international career, recording a clean sheet. Lowe said that he and his teammates had to keep their heads up after that 7-0 loss to Puerto Rico.

“Getting beat 7-0 in Puerto Rico was definitely a tough one. They (Puerto Rico) were able to exploit us very quickly in that game. After that hard loss, we kept our heads up and learned from our mistakes. We knew coming into this Trinidad and Tobago game that they were the better team, but we did not let that get to us. We stayed mentally switched on long before the game started. We played our hearts out until the final whistle,” Lowe said.

As expected, Trinidad and Tobago’s attackers tried to get on the scoreboard within the first 15 minutes of the game. In the 14th minute of the game, Lowe had a fingertip save on a chip shot, getting just enough on it to push it away. Lowe said his early saves helped him to gain confidence.

“The first save I had definitely was a boost of confidence to motivate me to keep pushing and keep pushing my teammates,” Lowe said. “This game will go down in The Bahamas soccer history books for sure and I am happy that I was able to represent my country. There were several times that Trinidad and Tobago had chances but unfortunately, on their part they were not able to put them away.”

If there was a man-of-the-match, it was going to be Lowe.

There were some changes in The Bahamas’ defense from Wednesday’s game. They inserted veteran St. Fleur and Evelt Julmis for the injured Cameron Kemp and Jaelin Williams. Both St. Fleur and Julmis represented The Bahamas a few weeks ago at the CONCACAF Beach Soccer Championships.

Davies said the main plan was to strengthen the defense and close up the middle.

“They did break us down once or twice, but they were not able to put away their chances. For the most part, we stuck to our game plan and was able to come out with the draw,” Davies said.

At the half, Davies said he knew that he and the coaching staff had to give the players some positive words, instilling confidence going into the next 45 minutes. He said he told them to take it one play at a time and stick to the game plan.

The team did just that in the second half, said Davies. In contrast to the first game in the group stage against St. Kitts and Nevis, The Bahamas got some shots on goal but was unable to score.

Trinidad and Tobago managed to get into the 18-yard box several times but like they did in the first half, Lowe and the defense cleared danger.

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Terry Fenwick spoke about the fight of Team Bahamas and how the result is a disappointment for his team.

“I have to hand it to The Bahamas. They had a game plan. They wore their hearts on their sleeves. They fought for every ball … it was a very disappointing result for Trinidad and Tobago and it has removed our chances. The quality of players that we have in the squad, it is a big disappointment,” Fenwick said.

He acknowledged that his team had chances but did not convert.

St. Kitts and Nevis will head to the second round after already accumulating nine points from three matches. They cannot finish any lower than first in Group F, even if Trinidad and Tobago defeats them in their next match. Trinidad & Tobago is in second position with five points that came from one win and two draws. Puerto Rico is in third position with four points with a win, a draw and a loss in three matches. Guyana is just above The Bahamas with three points – one win and two losses. The Bahamas will finish in fifth position with one point, having lost three matches and getting one draw. The Bahamas conceded 15 goals and was unable to score a goal in their four matches.

The other four teams will wrap up group play tomorrow.

Next up for The Bahamas will be a neutral matchup against Guadeloupe at the DRV PNK Stadium in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on Saturday July 3. That match will get underway at 4:30 p.m.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 07, 2021, 06:42:35 PM »
Expect more beatings in the Gold Cup! Same game approach = Same shit football = Same sorry structure = Same results
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 10:46:45 PM by Sando prince »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Saturday’s goalless draw against the Bahamas is a “call to reality” for Trinidad and Tobago’s football. That’s the view of one former national coach as the post-mortems begin following the national team’s exit from Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifying at the first stage.

Terry Fenwick’s charges will go into their final Group F match against already qualified St Kitts and Nevis tomorrow with nothing but pride to play for after their failure to beat a Bahamian team that had conceded 15 goals in their previous three matches.

And following Saturday’s match, Fenwick was left ruing the difference in approach between his men and their hosts.

“I’ve got to hand it to Bahamas. They had a game plan, they wore their hearts on their sleeves, they fought for every ball,” Fenwick said in a post-match media conference.

“If you don’t score at this level, teams can come back and bite you and I thought that’s what they did. Bahamas showed a lot of pride and passion, played for their country and the chances that we missed I think were glaring,”

Clayton Morris, speaking as a former national player and captain, was also concerned with the level of commitment the T&T players showed in comparison to their opponents.

“From the time the game started, the players lacked the motivation and drive. Given the nature of the game as a former player, I didn’t get that feeling the team had the right drive, focus, the right mentality and approach for a game of that nature,” he told the Express.

“That team (Bahamas) was playing for pride. You playing against a team playing for pride, you supposed to have more pride because you have more at stake. We were supposed to come with energy and enthusiasm ...It had to start with that personality and attitude. Somebody has to stand up and be counted as the leader.”

For former national men’s and women’s senior team coach Jamaal Shabazz however, Saturday’s result was about more than what didn’t happen on Saturday. “We in the Caribbean have false notions of what it is to qualify for a World Cup,” he said.

“We qualified for a World Cup in 2005 and there were certain things in place and when you look at this campaign and the state of Trinidad and Tobago’s football in terms of the need to rebuild, nobody should be shedding no crocodile tears. It will be easy for the nation to lynch Terry Fenwick and personally, I will feel no pity for him. However, all of us in football must take a collective responsibility of bringing the game to this damnation. Me first.”

Explaining why the football community should shoulder some of the blame, Shabazz added: “The in-fighting from the different groups and stakeholders in football has been nothing short of gang war. Men have assassinated each others’ characters because different stakeholders have not been able to work together post Jack Warner.”

As for what should happen next, Shabazz had two suggestions. The first was for Englishman Fenwick.

“When the females performed badly under me as head coach and I realised I could get no more out of them what did I do? I resigned. Is there not that honour from the current head coach? He comes from a country with the Westminster system that is a bastion for resignations and taking responsibility. Who should know better than the son of Sir Winston Churchill?”

The second suggestion was for the normalisation committee currently running the affairs of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association.

“I want to see more consultation between the normalisation committee and the stakeholders in football. If they were so good by themselves at running football they would have been involved decades ago, so, utilise the expertise of the same (Keith) Look Loy (former technical director), Corneals, Dr (Alvin) Hendersons and even Kenwyne Jones in this rebuilding process.”

Some nuggets of value in there. Also some question marks.

Yuh can get to reconciliation without truth telling, but eventually the plaster will tear and old wounds will be exposed. Needed: Top to bottom reform with a broader tent and professional fundraisers.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 08, 2021, 08:40:16 AM »
A
L this ole talk andblamimg- you paying ah man to coach a country with a pool of some talented players and bottom line there was a failure  to get the result.
Line upst Kitts players - one onone how do they stack up against ours?
Do the same for Bahamas
Compare football programs of ach- how do they stack up?
Compare coaches background how they stack up?
Then what de arse happened here?
Normalization nor TTFA doh play the game?

You go tell me a coach with this kinda talent cyar get better results than this? Nah not fun 20 k US ah month

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 08, 2021, 12:42:35 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago 0 vs Bahamas 0 sees the Soca Warriors dreams of 2022 end - Reaction

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/uw_wU7Kk2gY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/uw_wU7Kk2gY</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #252 on: June 08, 2021, 06:34:57 PM »
Money for nothing

I would really like to know what Sheldon Bateau, Khaleem Hyland, Levi Garcia and company have been thinking in the days since last Saturday.

Yesterday they completed their World Cup qualifying programme against St Kitts and Nevis having already had their Qatar World Cup hopes ended. It must have been hard to get up for that match, the hangover from the failure to beat humble Bahamas lingering on. At least that would be my assumption.

But it is sometimes a difficult thing to read the minds of Trinidad and Tobago sportsmen in the current era.

Whatever your opinion of the tactics or lack thereof applied by coach Terry Fenwick against a team quite happy to pack its penalty area as if in a siege, one couldn’t help but notice the way the players themselves approached the game. There seemed a distinct lack of energy in their movement and in the pace with which they moved the ball. And the desperation with which the Bahamians defended their goal made it seem that they were the ones whose World Cup futures were still at stake.

Former national captain Clayton Morris, who knows something about playing in high-level matches, was disturbed by what he saw.

“You have to keep in mind you are representing your family, your club and, most important, your country. You are supposed to see that in your face.

“That team (Bahamas) was playing for pride. You playing against a team playing for pride, you supposed to have more pride because you have more at stake.

We were supposed to come with energy and enthusiasm ....It had to start with that personality and attitude...Somebody has to stand up and be counted as the leader,” he noted.

On Saturday, no T&T player was able to lift his game or his teammates to get the result they needed. Why not?

Surely, none of the starting 11 or the substitutes wanted to be associated with the embarrassment of elimination at the first stage, something that had never before happened to a T&T side. None of those players, you would think, was willing to become a target for disgruntled fans on social media or have such a failure on their playing resume. And yet, the Soca Warriors did not seem up for the fight at the Thomas Robinson Stadium.

Forget the actual result, it was not a good look.

Listening to skipper on the day Bateau’s comments afterwards, there was the expected expression of disappointment and acknowledgement of “some responsibility” for the 0-0 draw that was effectively a loss for T&T. However, there was not total ownership of the result.

Responding to what was going through his mind since Saturday, he said:“In my mind it’s so many things when you have a result like that, there’s always a lot of questions. We had lots of questions before the game, even more after the game. As players we have to accept some responsibility for the result. I think it’s just a reflection of some of the things that have been happening over the past years, weeks, months.”

“A reflection of some of the things that have been happening over the past years, weeks, months?” That is a loaded statement that could lead to much speculation.

The shambolic state of the TTFA administration, the lack of resources available to the coaching staff and the restrictions in preparation caused by Covid-19 are certainly factors that did not make it easy for a group of players pulled from different parts to get a result. But those elements should not explain why the Bahamian players, with nothing but pride to play for in the fixture, seemed to exert more effort and be more committed to their cause than the T&T squad.

The mindset just seemed wrong. Those T&T players did not seem to want to win badly enough. But that may not have been how they actually felt. It was as though the desire was in the brain, but only partly in the heart and not at all in the legs and feet. Or maybe it was that the Warriors were already looking ahead to the battle with St Kitts and took a win over the Bahamas as a given.

Whatever the case, technical director Dion La Foucade has a huge job in front of him.

Trying to get cooperation from a divided football community to execute development plans will be difficult enough. But what cannot be overlooked in all that comes next is how important it will be to determine what kind of football culture should exist in T&T and how it should be created.

As in other sports and areas of national life, the attitude to work has changed over the decades. A young person’s definition of hard work and commitment may be very different to that of his counterpart in the 1960s, 70s and even 80s.

More than their predecessors, athletes today may link what they give to what they can get. So the football authorities cannot take it for granted that players and coaches are speaking the same language now. They must acknowledge there is a difference and seek to address it in their programmes at all levels.

More cash for courses and training and salaries will mean very little in future if players at all levels do not understand or accept their roles. It will all be money for nothing.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 08, 2021, 10:51:51 PM »
Surely, none of the starting 11 or the substitutes wanted to be associated with the embarrassment of elimination at the first stage, something that had never before happened to a T&T side.

This writer don't know the history of TT football. We have been eliminated in the first stage of WC football and a couple times of times well. This not the first time.

More cash for courses and training and salaries will mean very little in future if players at all levels do not understand or accept their roles. It will all be money for nothing.

Some of these players going all ends of the earth to make a living, and people jumping on the case that they only want money. The NC eh have a f**k to worry about their salaries, but want the players, especially the local, to "eat wind pies" and "nothing chops" and come to practice. The captain come all the way from Saudi and reach the day before the game. And that eh count for nothing. I was told about 5 good players on Rangers did not go to the trials because of non payment issues. So the country with the 3rd highest GDP in the hemisphere can't find money to pay players a stipend or money for transportation? Bullocks to all them administrators, NC and private industries who only jump on the bandwagon when we winning. Nothing for development. See allyuh on the 2026 bandwagon.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 10:10:05 AM by Deeks »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 09, 2021, 06:37:11 PM »
Alvin Corneal has his say.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7s0dseNXbag" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7s0dseNXbag</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 10, 2021, 07:06:38 AM »
Bahamas Assistant Coach Kevin Davies chats about the historic draw against Trinidad and Tobago

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lynrk0frIWA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lynrk0frIWA</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 10, 2021, 12:21:34 PM »
Alvin Corneal has his say.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7s0dseNXbag" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7s0dseNXbag</a>
mr corneal with all due respect to you sir, but for the years i've been subjected to your ramblings and you have yet to open your eyes and realize what is the true impediment to TT football, you nor the rest of the so called football insiders who always seem to have an opinion and ample blame when we fall short.

this lie that you all love to portray that we were somehow 10 goals better than the rest of CFU is glaringly obscene and wreaks of delusions of grandeur. we have struggled for decades to beat teams like martinique, guadelupe, jamaica, cuba, haiti, suraname and of late bermuda, grenada and antigua barbuda, and when we did beat them, we barely edge them out by a narrow margin, so give us a break with this "regaining or glory" nonsense. as the saying goes, in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

TT success back then was just a classic case of no infrastructure and lack of funding by these caribbean federations that lead us to dominate them for so long, but now that these countries are tapping into their commonwealth options and resources and sending players to play in other leagues around the world and money is being spend on their football, it may appear that they are catching up to us, but the reality is that they have done something to fix their footballing short comings, while we stayed stagnant by believing that good sound footballers grew on trees.

i don't care who's vex, but i will keep banging on this drum until it burst. if you plant nothing don't expect to reap a crop in the harvest, and we have planted nothing in forever. mr corneal people like you and your son sat at the table that jack set and ate heartily, so while the mad king was naked in your presence none of you had the balls to inform him of his wretched condition, and what we are reaping now is the fruits of the mad kings labor, so you should stay mum on the issue and bite your tongue since you're part of the problem

how many times your son was technical director, did he ever inform the league that they drastically needed to do something about raising it standards, did he inform the ministry of sports the importance of building schools exclusively for sporting disciplines particularly football? did he meet with the high school league in order to raise the bar seeing this was our only source of player development, what did anton, lincoln phillip and richard groden did for football but run their mouth and collect easy money?

i'll tell you what i would have done if i was a technical director of football in TT. i would have went to my boss and told him that we need new wine in new vessels and could no longer depend on the SSFL for our next generation of footballers.

i would have informed him and then tried to convince him of how desperately we need to build schools for football, exclusively geared towards academics and football, just like the schools that are geared towards the arts, aircraft engineering, and other sciences, and this was very much attainable if someone had the concern and the brain to fathom it and make it a reality. and if my boss didn't go for it then i would have confronted the government and the private sector to invest in those projects.

i would have then tried to broker a deal with the league and the federation to join forces in creating a promotion and relegation system by joining the two leagues together in a two tier league arrangement. then i would have went to the schools to offer better coaching qualifications by creating programs for all who wanted to coach in the SSFL to secure their euafa license, making it mandatory to coach in that school league,

and if none of these condition were met, then i would have resigned my post with immediate effect, but that's just me, but you know you trinis are easy to buy, two beers a pat on the back and a pay check with a title would have sufficed.

it's a crying shame all these things were never even dreamt of let alone tried, instead they sat on their laurels and when we fail and don't make it to the hex or a world cup, cry and blame everyone else but the real culprits.

i don't even know why they expected to go anywhere near this up coming world cup when we barely got off the ground with our football program. having our federation normalized with the long drawn out court process and possible fifa ban, together with our league suspended and hanging in the balance for two years in a row, one because of a lack of funding and the other year was due to covid, is enough to crash any short term program.

this 2021 would be the third year without a pro league but we want to go to qatar when our federation is in disarray with a 90 million dollars in debt attached to it? our national team has been unable to play a friendly since 2019 but alvin still has the gall to lament the teams effort. you guys need more than spectacles yes, you all need a telescope in regard to TT football because none of you has got it right,

and it's very simple, the reason for our failure is because no one spend any money or took the time to care for football in a proper manner, and that's the whole truth. you can't beat, starve  and mistreat something and then expect it to like you. that's madness in the highest order.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 12:38:40 PM by pull stones »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 11, 2021, 07:03:50 PM »
Former national defender Ansil Elcock reviews Trinidad and Tobago's 0-0 draw with Bahamas.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RFbioBdBEb8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RFbioBdBEb8</a>

1]; } ?>