March 29, 2024, 05:18:47 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Guyana Game (25-Mar-2021)  (Read 26275 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Guyana Game (25-Mar-2021)
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2021, 10:19:04 PM »
WATCH: Insights on Guyana's preparations. GFF Head - Guyana in Competitive but Winnable Group.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fXHRJh1vaWw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fXHRJh1vaWw</a>

WATCH: Insights on Guyana's preparations. Eight ATC Alumni in Golden Jaguars World Cup Qualifiers Squad.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/CgY0V0Qbw0c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/CgY0V0Qbw0c</a>
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 11:24:42 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2021, 10:35:49 PM »
WATCH: Guyanese journalists pick Soca Warriors to defeat Golden Jaguars.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/bNd7BwNfHkc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/bNd7BwNfHkc</a>
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 11:20:36 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2021, 01:32:33 AM »
Shortt: We will get a result from Guyana.
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian).

T&T's senior football team did not have the ideal preparations it wanted, but the players should have what it takes to get a positive result against Guyana in their opening World Cup Qualifying match in the Dominican Republic on Thursday, said Jeremy Shortt, a former national footballer.

Shortt, a multitalented player who represented Queen's Royal College (QRC) in the Secondary Schools Football League before moving to the various youth teams, as well as the senior team in the 1990s, said despite the rift in the T&T camp which threatened to derail the team's performance, they will get the edge on the Guyanese based on their talent.

"I just don't think we are prepared to go into qualifying right now as a team. With clubs not releasing players, that didn't help, with the rift we're hearing within the team camp, that doesn't help either. I would say the positive side of it is, in following some of the other teams as well, not too many teams are prepared any way, so we might be on good footing. There is no real home advantage in this pandemic. I think from a talent point of view, knowing some of the players from Guyana and the preparation they had, that T&T has a headway in this game and should come out of this game with a win."

Shortt, an attacking, who is now a highly qualified coach in the United States with the International Football Club (IFC), told Guardian Media Sports on Monday that while he does not know too much about Group F contender Bahamas, he believes the country's biggest threat will come from Puerto Rico, who recently recruited the services of former US national coach Dave Sarachan for the qualifiers.

"Puerto Rico just hired Dave Sarachan. I had the opportunity to meet and have a few sessions under him at Chicago Fire. Just as we said with preparation, he has had only 12 days to work with Puerto Rico, but he is very good at what he does. So he is definitely going to be implementing some differences for Puerto Rico and they could be a very tricky hurdle for T&T."

The Puerto Ricans will be T&T's next match on March 28, which is three days after the Guyana clash. The other two teams in the group are Bahamas and St Kitts/Nevis.

Coach Terry Fenwick and his men will have to win the group to move on in the qualifiers, where they will meet the winner of Group A, which features the likes of El Salvador, Antigua and Barbuda, Grenada, Montserrat, and the US Virgin Islands.

Fenwick's team was recently boosted by the inclusion of Watford midfielder Daniel Phillips, defender Ronald Primus, and Al-Batin's defensive midfielder Khaleem Hyland among others.

Shortt, a native of La Horquetta, said with the few overseas-based players, meshing with the young, inexperienced players in the T&T team, we will get over the first hurdle.

Shortt said he is expecting the Guyanese to sit back and play on the counter-attack come Thursday.

Watch WCQ GUYANA IN COMPETITIVE, BUT WINNABLE GROUP GFF HEAD

Watch EIGHT ATC ALUMNI IN GOLDEN JAGUARS WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS SQUAD

Watch GUYANESE JOURNALISTS PICK SOCA WARRIORS AS FAVOURITES OVER GOLDEN JAGUARS

Jeremy Shortt, a former national footballer.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2021, 03:36:43 AM »
Biggest threat Puerto Rico? Man he really doesn't know the group. I may look spectacularly stupid, but Guyana are a much bigger threat, and the Bahamas get a lot of their players from the US College (past or present) system so he should have some sort of idea.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2021, 04:52:10 AM »
T&T training match in Dominican Republic cancelled
LOOP SPORTS CREATED : 21 MARCH 2021SPORT

A training match between the T&T men’s national team and the Dominican Republic club Atletico Pantoja was canceled due to a breach in the standard COVID-19 protocols.

TTFA Media reported on Saturday that the match was arranged at the club’s home base, but was abandoned on the advice of the T&T team doctor Akash Dhanai.

The release stated that Dr. Dhanai’s decision came “after a thorough assessment of the Covid-19 tests undergone by the Pantoja players was determined to fall short of the TTFA’s and FIFA’s medical standards.”

Further, the release stated that “the decision was taken to cancel the match to ensure that the safety of T&T players and staff would not have been compromised ahead of next Thursday’s Concacaf World Cup qualifier against Guyana.”

TTFA Media says that all members of the T&T team have been following strict COVID-19 regulations since they entered the biosecure bubble at the Home of Football on March 16.

With the game canceled, head coach Terry Fenwick and his staff later conducted a training session with the team in the afternoon.

Thursday’s match against Guyana takes place at the Pan American Stadium without spectators.

There will also be no spectators when T&T takes on Puerto Rico on 28 March.

but we didn't have time for Training match in a monitored environment, anyway, I doubt they woulda pay we.  :devil:

Is like they saying...." I don't think there's anything else that could go wrong with preparation for this WCQ..... but we'll try our best to find out"

:banginghead:
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2021, 05:51:43 AM »
From what these guys are saying and if they are to be believed, they claim that the UK didn’t release their players so they are going all local, did anyone get that from the interview?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2021, 05:55:24 AM »
Any links for the game TV, live stream, cable? I perused the cable guide and cam up with nothing. any links anyone?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2021, 05:57:43 AM »
From what these guys are saying and if they are to be believed, they claim that the UK didn’t release their players so they are going all local, did anyone get that from the interview?

Some UK teams released players, some didn't. The lower down leagues are much more likely to release. Guyana have good youth prospects from higher teams and regular starters from lower down, so their squad is strong compared to normal/expected.

Given the players we've called up, there isn't a huge difference between us. Callum Harriet (ex-Charlton youth player) is the biggest danger - he has the potential to make mince-meat of our defence - he's quick and tricky, with a good deal of agility.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2021, 06:05:12 AM »

Some UK teams released players, some didn't. The lower down leagues are much more likely to release. Guyana have good youth prospects from higher teams and regular starters from lower down, so their squad is strong compared to normal/expected.

Given the players we've called up, there isn't a huge difference between us. Callum Harriet (ex-Charlton youth player) is the biggest danger - he has the potential to make mince-meat of our defence - he's quick and tricky, with a good deal of agility.
my point is, do they have their uk base or are they going with an all local due to the fact that they were weren’t allowed to travel or interact with guyanese like the guy said in the clip?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 24, 2021, 06:06:20 AM »
T&T training match in Dominican Republic cancelled
LOOP SPORTS CREATED : 21 MARCH 2021SPORT

A training match between the T&T men’s national team and the Dominican Republic club Atletico Pantoja was canceled due to a breach in the standard COVID-19 protocols.

TTFA Media reported on Saturday that the match was arranged at the club’s home base, but was abandoned on the advice of the T&T team doctor Akash Dhanai.

The release stated that Dr. Dhanai’s decision came “after a thorough assessment of the Covid-19 tests undergone by the Pantoja players was determined to fall short of the TTFA’s and FIFA’s medical standards.”

Further, the release stated that “the decision was taken to cancel the match to ensure that the safety of T&T players and staff would not have been compromised ahead of next Thursday’s Concacaf World Cup qualifier against Guyana.”

TTFA Media says that all members of the T&T team have been following strict COVID-19 regulations since they entered the biosecure bubble at the Home of Football on March 16.

With the game canceled, head coach Terry Fenwick and his staff later conducted a training session with the team in the afternoon.

Thursday’s match against Guyana takes place at the Pan American Stadium without spectators.

There will also be no spectators when T&T takes on Puerto Rico on 28 March.

but we didn't have time for Training match in a monitored environment, anyway, I doubt they woulda pay we.  :devil:

Is like they saying...." I don't think there's anything else that could go wrong with preparation for this WCQ..... but we'll try our best to find out"

:banginghead:

That match not happening is a good thing. I offer that regardless of the COVID concern.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 24, 2021, 06:25:03 AM »
Biggest threat Puerto Rico? Man he really doesn't know the group. I may look spectacularly stupid, but Guyana are a much bigger threat, and the Bahamas get a lot of their players from the US College (past or present) system so he should have some sort of idea.

I know why he has rated Sarachan, but as I'm forming a composite of PR I am arriving at a preliminary conclusion that tends to differ with Shortt. At the moment, it appears that Guyana presents/suggests more of a collective threat to PR's opportunity of individual threat.

Barring an unforeseen circumstance, I should have a final conclusion in three days with specifics.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 24, 2021, 07:07:49 AM »

my point is, do they have their uk base or are they going with an all local due to the fact that they were weren’t allowed to travel or interact with guyanese like the guy said in the clip?

Context.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 24, 2021, 12:53:31 PM »

Context.

Ah I see, well Colchester announced on their official twitter that Callum was off, so I imagine he is at least there

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 24, 2021, 03:10:57 PM »
Any links for the game TV, live stream, cable? I perused the cable guide and cam up with nothing. any links anyone?

Locally I'm seeing it listed on Flow Sports channel 290. Not sure where else just yet.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2021, 07:02:43 PM »
T&T player tested positive before Guyana showdown.
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian).

It will be a showdown in Santo Domingo on Thursday night at, 7 pm T&T's Soca Warriors will be up against Guyana at the Pan American Stadium in San Cristobal.

However, there appears to be some level of uncertainty about if the match will be played or not, after a T&T player tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19) after PCR testing was done on all members of the team contingent on Wednesday.

According to the TTFA release: "The individual tested positive and was immediately isolated at the team’s hotel. All Covid-19 protocols are being followed and he is presently awaiting a re-test for confirmation purposes."

Guardian Media Sports was informed on Wednesday that the player will be re-tested on Thursday and if the test comes back positive a decision will have to be made.

The release continued: "Strict contact tracing was then performed and all primary contacts have been quarantined, they would then be tested accordingly following the player's re-test results. The player is asymptomatic at this time. The TTFA also respects the confidentiality wishes of the player."

In the meanwhile and staying match focused, T&T has now dismissed the torture of a loss of home advantage as the game was expected to be T&T's home game, and the players are now singing, in one chorus, the need to get maximum points from the contest.

Coach Terry Fenwick will not be at full-strength but will be more than 75 per cent ready, with most of his overseas-based professionals back, namely Levi Garcia (club AEK Athens), midfielder Sheldon Bateau (Mechelen), Aubrey David (Deportivo Saprissa), Khaleem Hyland (Al Batin), Daniel Phillips (Watford), Nicklas Frenderup (Stjørdals-Blink- Norway), Radanfah Abu Bakr (Churchill Brothers- India), and Ronald Primus who also plays in India.

They will all join forces with an equally determined bunch of local players that will be led by talented midfielder Duane Muckette.

On Wednesday, both Hyland and Garcia told the media that the game will be a tough one, but they believe the team will come away winners. According to Hyland: "It will be a difficult game. It;'s the first game of the World Cup qualifiers. Guyana is a tough team from the last Gold Cup game. I did not play that game but from watching from the stands, they have a lot of players in the lower teams in Europe. And they're a team that's trying to be at the level as T&T, so we know we have a tough clash."

The Guyanese held T&T to a 1-1 tie in the CONCACAF Gold Cup in 2019 in the United States, and have since recruited Brazilian coach Marcio Maximo for the qualifiers.

The defensive midfielder admits the challenging times being posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, but said, football is now taking place with the pandemic so they have to focus on the task ahead, saying "Tomorrow is a very important game for us. We need to do our jobs and let God do the rest."

Meanwhile, Garcia who has just returned from an injury is eager to deliver. "I am really excited, it has been a while, so I really want to deliver, and most importantly, try to get as many victories as possible. We all know that there is no easy game and as a team, we're trying to gel together, deliver what the coach is trying to implement, and hopefully, we can get together tomorrow and get a victory."

Today's opening match will be followed by another three days later against Puerto Rico on March 28. T&T is playing out of Group F alongside the Puerto Ricans, the Guyanese, Bahamas and St Kitts/Nevis, with only the winning team advancing to the second round of the qualifiers.

Watch Levi has eyes set on three points in opening WCQ

« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 07:12:55 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2021, 07:37:48 PM »
DR might just be the worse place in the Caribbean to visit right now.

How about Anguilla

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Check yesterday numbers.

Not surprised at all.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2021, 03:57:55 AM »
WATCH: Guyana winger Harriott confident ahead of T&T - Guyana WC clash. The interview includes goalkeeper Akel Clarke who has experience playing in domestic competition within Trinidad and Tobago.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/N7t_DctFXVo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/N7t_DctFXVo</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 25, 2021, 04:06:05 AM »
WATCH: Khaleem Hyland looks ahead to the opening World Cup qualifier versus Guyana.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/8SATjYZw1GM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/8SATjYZw1GM</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 25, 2021, 04:25:54 AM »
WATCH: Dissecting Guyana's Golden Jaguars squad for Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifiers - Informed perspectives on the T&T - Guyana World Cup qualifier with Rawle Toney (NCN and Guyana Chronicle), Duncan Saul (Stabroek News) and Akeem Greene (News Room).

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/5JRYgBuNEs8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/5JRYgBuNEs8</a>

Offline hg495

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 25, 2021, 08:50:00 AM »
Livesoccertv.com should be an option
if yuh never get ah buss toe playing small goal den yuh never play football in trini when yuh was small hehehehe

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2021, 09:29:43 AM »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bobdv

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2021, 12:15:36 PM »
How come we doh have a single sports journalist that could give us a lil prematch analysis/predicted line ups, nothing?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2021, 02:03:17 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6uWZ6I8s73M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6uWZ6I8s73M</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2021, 03:32:21 PM »
Line ups please.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidad and Tobago vs Guyana – A moment of truth and moments of denial
« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2021, 04:03:37 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago vs Guyana – A moment of truth and moments of denial
By Chambi Sey

A popular narrative surrounding the World Cup qualification match between Trinidad and Tobago and Guyana, to be played in the Dominican Republic this evening, is that of a mounting football rivalry between both nations. Before the narrative assumes mythical or legendary proportion, or gains cultural traction, domestic fans of the game ought to take a step back to reflect on the actual dimension of the competitive equation between both countries. Of 51 matches documented since 1923, the Trinbagonian cohort has lost a mere 15 per cent of the contests. Drawn affairs account for roughly 27 per cent of the total. A preponderance of the battles and victories has been celebrated in Port-of-Spain.

Having in 2006 conquered the quest of participating in a World Cup, the anticipation in Trinidad and Tobago was that there would have been a consolidation of footballing processes within the country and that its implementation would establish (1) a narrowing of distance between the Trinbagonian football product and the elite nations it idolizes and seeks to emulate and (2) an extension of the distance between Trinidad and Tobago and its Caribbean neighbors. This conception of the future also endorsed a rivalry that was exclusively binary and that solely pertained to a northern Caribbean nation famed for producing sprint stars and the music of Marley. Although the anticipation of repeated success should have been tempered by the experiences of that northern neighbor in various qualification cycles after 1998, and by the cautionary tales of other debutants, the anticipation of attaining repeated success was not entirely unreasonable or misplaced, particularly factoring-in that the 2006 World Cup should have marked the third occasion on which a senior team from the Land of the Hummingbird graced the world stage.

Despite the various maladies that have occupied Trinidad and Tobago’s national football, in the post-Germany period, the record of the Soca Warriors against Guyana, in 10 outings, manifests five wins, four draws and one loss. Attentive fans will recall that some of the matches in the middle category were influenced by imposed caution rather than expansive displays. Nevertheless, a record in which 90 per cent of the matches are not characterized by defeat is far from akin to the nominal or Pyrrhic victory with which Prime Minister Rowley branded United TTFA’s tour through the judicial system. While it is undeniable that Guyana’s lens of the competitive relation informs the Golden Jaguars that they have been undefeated on half of the match days post-2006, pretensions of a genuine rivalry actually emerged from a singular moment almost a decade ago. The inflexion point in perception of the competitive relationship was triggered by Guyana’s 2-1 defeat of the Soca Warriors in November 2011. That loss dented pride, smashed notions of progress, and begged for a sense of national team program redirection. Prior to it, the previous loss by a Trinidad and Tobago senior national team at the feet or head of Guyana took place in September 1977.

On the occasion of the 2011 victory, then Guyana national team coach, Jamal Shabazz trumpeted the significance of a Caribbean national team coach, who was indigenous to the Caribbean region, triumphing over a coach steeped in European preparation, African trophies and global recognition. Never one to falter in identifying where to insert momentous pronouncements, Shabazz acclaimed the victory as catharsis and reward for the unheralded labors of various Caribbean assistant coaches who had silently absorbed knowledge from the many foreign coaches who perennially graced the regional football landscape and then emerged to conquer their tutors. His comments were insightful, intended as visionary, albeit not broadly digested.  How much progress has taken place since then?

A decade later, entering the match tonight, Guyana is buoyed by a non-Caribbean coach, with roots in neighboring Brazil, who has amassed an itinerary of coaching experiences in diverse locations and, conversely, Trinidad and Tobago is coached by an Englishman with substantial tenure in the twin-island republic and a curriculum vitae that essentially renders him a local coach, although he also bears a dabbling of extra-regional experience and an elite playing pedigree.  In actuality, the sea change announced by Shabazz is only today taking root as Trinbagonian coaches position themselves at the helm of regional national teams. The cross-pollination of coaching nationalities within the Caribbean region remains constrained. On the other hand, the infusion of foreign coaches into the region has diversified in terms of country of origin. Notably, current Dominican Republic national team coach Jacques Passy, a former coach of St. Kitts Nevis, recently heartily expounded on Mexican television about the virtues of the professional rewards and abundant horizons of coaching a Caribbean team. Others have inquired. In this sense, where Guyana and Shabazz in 2011 located space to derail Trinidad and Tobago’s ambitions, the space of operation for Caribbean coaches is susceptible to being more restricted if the region cements a trend as a location hospitable to cultivating a coaching reputation. Also, although an aberration, the presence of Guus Hiddink at the other end of the scale tightens the arguments and the expectations. Nonetheless, it is not a bad thing for coaches indigenous to the Caribbean to be compelled to do more to stamp their authority on, and place in, the international game. Consequently, it is against this backdrop, and various postured and wily pronouncements by Shabazz, that a contemporary sense of a Guyana-Trinidad and Tobago rivalry has seeped into the national footballing consciousness.

During the immediate period in which followers of the Trinidad and Tobago national team hoped that travel arrangements to Germany would be supplemented with reservations for South Africa, Guyana national team coach Marcio Maximo was plying his craft in Tanzania. This period of his coaching experience is markedly interesting because it presents insights into his conception of football and because it occurred after having made an abbreviated entry into Scottish football as a Brazilian pioneer. In Tanzania he expressed foundational elements of the overarching signaling that he has alluded to regarding the football he wants to deliver to Guyana. He is a coach of clear ideas regarding methodological preparation and concerning the continuum of development on which junior players should be transitioned into the senior national team. Maximo was a realist in contextualizing Tanzania’s development challenges vis-à-vis its competitor neighbors and also pragmatic in formulating the placement of secondary school competition and programs within a development structure designed to bolster future national team prospects. For Trinbagonians this may be a surprising and curious perspective for a foreign national team coach to advocate, because Trinidad and Tobago is more accustomed to national coaches from abroad being critical of the SSFL’s infrastructure. 

Maximo has brought aspects of this discernment and cultural meshing to his responsibilities in Guyana. In a manner, it is what has prompted a critic to ponder whether he has trampled on the margins of false prophecy. One of Maximo’s strengths has been mastering intercultural hurdles and cross-cultural challenges while tying domestic football priorities to practical objectives that do not compromise professional coaching practices.  However, as Maximo has grown in the coaching profession, so too has his commitment to convictions and decisions. As such, although his exclusion of a sentimental national team favorite from the Golden Jaguars squad has irritated segments of the Guyanese population, Maximo is not in the least perturbed by the decision because he is absolutely certain of the type of football he proposes.

This evening in San Cristobal, Guyana has a game plan that is inversely related to the number of preparation matches it has accumulated, but it is a proposal that is grounded in the mental processes of its perceptive coach. In addition, the good news for the Guyanese-Brazilian alliance is that Trinidad and Tobago’s match preparation has not placed the Golden Jaguars at a tangible disadvantage. However, Trinbagonian fans are hopeful of a Soca Warrior match plan that is coherent, anticipatory and flexible. Most of all, under circumstances in which the race to three points is significant, astute fans of the Soca Warriors wish to see an expression of playing identity, ambition and conviction that is a strict departure from its most recent rendition.

In the post-2006 era there are certain tactical proclivities that have plagued the Trinidad and Tobago national team, despite the identity of the coach at the helm of the squad. Without argument, some coaches have been better at managing the habitual tendencies than have others. Not one has been able to manage them without occasional vacillations in performance. One or two of them have been unable to either comprehensively identify the issues, treat with them sufficiently, or to suppress the negative tactical proclivities at pivotal moments. Fundamentally, it is these details that Guyana seeks to exploit in the Dominican Republic tonight on a calculus based on two tenets. The first tenet is that a phenomenon repeated often enough constitutes a pattern and the second tenet is that resumption and resurgence of a pattern is aided by periods of collective inactivity and a lack of opportunity for negative reinforcement. The competitive inactivity of the Trinidad and Tobago national team is well-documented and even in the pre-COVID 19 period, there was an insufficiency of national team football during the international calendar.

Maximo and Guyana will be insistent in seeking to play the ball in between Trinidad and Tobago’s lines, thereby nullifying a cadre of players relevant to impeding its forward actions. They will attempt to play to advanced positions with minimal delay or distraction while being economical with lateral movements of the ball. Although Guyana will not be a direct team, on selected indications direct probing balls will be issued. Midfield contention is expected to be an initial and persistent inquirer of Trinidad and Tobago’s resistance. As such, in compact spaces in the Guyanese half, and in explorable spaces in the Trinbagonian half of the field, Maximo’s Guyana will be exploring what movements attract and preoccupy the Soca Warriors’ central defenders. Despite the foregoing, there is a concrete opportunity tonight for the Soca Warriors to emphatically dismiss Guyana’s ambitions. Not only does the weight of the record lean to Port of Spain, but despite the fundamentals of the Jaguars’ intentions, Guyana must be mindful of Trinidad and Tobago’s prowess on the flanks. The center of the park will reveal Trinidad and Tobago’s truths and the flanks will negate the advantages. Any sense of rivalry will reside in the parity of the battle posed by what is anticipated to be differing approaches to solving a puzzle.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 12:51:56 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2021, 04:10:44 PM »
Read an article in the Guardian today stating that one of our players tested positive for Covid yesterday and the game could be postponed. I haven't seen anything on here so I guess the game's still on.

T&T player tested positive before Guyana showdown
by
Walter Alibey
Yesterday
Thu Mar 25 2021

Final Warm up T&T’s defender Radanfah Abu Bakr, left, warms up with the his team-mates ahead of Thursday's crucial World Cup Qualifying match against Guyana in the Dominican Republic from 7 pm tonight. It will be the opening match for both teams in Group F.

Courtesy TTFA Media

It will be a showdown in Santo Domingo on Thursday night at, 7 pm T&T's Soca Warriors will be up against Guyana at the Pan American Stadium in San Cristobal.

However, there appears to be some level of uncertainty about if the match will be played or not, after a T&T player tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19) after PCR testing was done on all members of the team contingent on Wednesday.

According to the TTFA release: "The individual tested positive and was immediately isolated at the team’s hotel. All Covid-19 protocols are being followed and he is presently awaiting a re-test for confirmation purposes."

Guardian Media Sports was informed on Wednesday that the player will be re-tested on Thursday and if the test comes back positive a decision will have to be made.

The release continued: "Strict contact tracing was then performed and all primary contacts have been quarantined, they would then be tested accordingly following the player's re-test results. The player is asymptomatic at this time. The TTFA also respects the confidentiality wishes of the player."

In the meanwhile and staying match focused, T&T has now dismissed the torture of a loss of home advantage as the game was expected to be T&T's home game, and the players are now singing, in one chorus, the need to get maximum points from the contest.

Coach Terry Fenwick will not be at full-strength but will be more than 75 per cent ready, with most of his overseas-based professionals back, namely Levi Garcia (club AEK Athens), midfielder Sheldon Bateau (Mechelen), Aubrey David (Deportivo Saprissa), Khaleem Hyland (Al Batin), Daniel Phillips (Watford), Nicklas Frenderup (Stjørdals-Blink- Norway), Radanfah Abu Bakr (Churchill Brothers- India), and Ronald Primus who also plays in India.

They will all join forces with an equally determined bunch of local players that will be led by talented midfielder Duane Muckette.

on Wednesday, both Hyland and Garcia told the media that the game will be a tough one, but they believe the team will come away winners. According to Hyland: "It will be a difficult game. It;'s the first game of the World Cup qualifiers. Guyana is a tough team from the last Gold Cup game. I did not play that game but from watching from the stands, they have a lot of players in the lower teams in Europe. And they're a team that's trying to be at the level as T&T, so we know we have a tough clash."

The Guyanese held T&T to a 1-1 tie in the CONCACAF Gold Cup in 2019 in the United States, and have since recruited Brazilian coach Marcio Maximo for the qualifiers.

The defensive midfielder admits the challenging times being posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, but said, football is now taking place with the pandemic so they have to focus on the task ahead, saying "Tomorrow is a very important game for us. We need to do our jobs and let God do the rest."

Meanwhile, Garcia who has just returned from an injury is eager to deliver. "I am really excited, it has been a while, so I really want to deliver, and most importantly, try to get as many victories as possible. We all know that there is no easy game and as a team, we're trying to gel together, deliver what the coach is trying to implement, and hopefully, we can get together tomorrow and get a victory."

Today's opening match will be followed by another three days later against Puerto Rico on March 28. T&T is playing out of Group F alongside the Puerto Ricans, the Guyanese, Bahamas and St Kitts/Nevis, with only the winning team advancing to the second round of the qualifiers.

T&TMen's Senior Team Squad

Goalkeepers: Adrian Foncett, Marvin Phillip, Nicklaus Frenderup, Denzil Smith

Defenders: Noah Powder, Leland Archer, Justin Garcia, Neval Hickshaw, Sheldon Bateau, Aubery David, Radanfah Abu Bakr, Robert Primus, Joevin Jones

Midfielders: Duane Muckette, Michael Poon Angeron, Andre Boucaud, Daniel Phillips, Judah Garcia, Khaleem Hyland, Marcus Joseph Jr

Forwards: Levi Garcia, Ryan Telfer, Willis Plaza, Sean Bonval, Jabari Mitchell, Brent Sam.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 04:17:17 PM by soccerman »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2021, 04:24:31 PM »
I getting Haiti vs Belize on Sportsbay. Haiti leading 1-0. 65’

TT schduled at 7

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 25, 2021, 04:29:06 PM »
Read an article in the Guardian today stating that one of our players tested positive for Covid yesterday and the game could be postponed. I haven't seen anything on here so I guess the game's still on.

Update on that.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2021, 04:36:45 PM »
Guyana's Team Sheet

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2021, 04:42:12 PM »
Haiti 2-0 final
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 04:51:38 PM by maxg »

1]; } ?>