April 27, 2024, 03:38:46 PM

Author Topic: That was a gran golaso from Birchall  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
That was a gran golaso from Birchall
« on: November 12, 2005, 07:07:05 PM »
I believe this is his second goal for T&T, both have been screamers. Now, to the game. Bahrain strikes me as one of those teams that like to play what I call anti-football. Soak up pressure, look for the counter. These type of teams score alot of their goals from corners, just like they did today. I stopped watching the game when Bahrain scored, and set my VCR to record the remainder of the game. Trinidad will not lose to this Bahrain team over both legs, but it also means that they must at least tie the next 1-1 to keep their hopes alive. a 2-2 will see T&T advancing. If anything, both team sseemed evenly matched. Perhaps it was the coaches ploy to play defensive in the away game...now its Beenhakers time to get his team to do what they do best-atack. Latapy had an off day today...once he finds form on wednesday, the picture could change entirely.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: That was a gran golaso from Birchall
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 07:19:55 PM »
It occurred to me that T&T was hyperaware, and probably correctly so, of the danger of goals scored against you at home. They were afraid to attack en mass knowing that Bahrain had a dangerous i shot long ball to the wing counter attack. I feel they will give Bahrain now those nightmares as one goal by us will have them panicking. We will deal with them, Latapy will have their measure this time and Stern won't be isolated like this game. T&T 1 Bahrain 0 in Bahrain and we go through to Germany!  1 all and we......do penalty kicks? :-\
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 07:30:05 PM »
It occurred to me that T&T was hyperaware, and probably correctly so, of the danger of goals scored against you at home. They were afraid to attack en mass knowing that Bahrain had a dangerous i shot long ball to the wing counter attack. I feel they will give Bahrain now those nightmares as one goal by us will have them panicking. We will deal with them, Latapy will have their measure this time and Stern won't be isolated like this game. T&T 1 Bahrain 0 in Bahrain and we go through to Germany!  1 all and we......do penalty kicks? :-\

Something tells me that thiis Bahrain team would have gotten a batering from the likes of Costa Rica/Mex/US/Guat. Perhaps it was the coaches ploy to have them playing a defensive game,socak up pressure etc....but if this is all they have to offer....Beenhakker will make the neccesary adjustments to do the job on wedbesday. I'd have love to see this Bahrain team vs Jamaica in that friendly.

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 07:43:48 PM »
at least we know that if is 1-1 in Manama .. they wouldn't be faking injuries and wasting time

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 07:46:54 PM »
Boss our back line was poor marvin andrews and lawrence are both to slow avary john got caught out  a fews time. I wonder  how fit is sancho is latapy was a dissappointment but remember he is 37 ??? spann need to spot playing so  fancy.

bahrain did thier home work i give them credit and they are very very very diciplined teamed. Stern needs help up front they had him well marked .we need some one a the left also birchall can shoot well also i dont know the game plan but we should have him in some shooting positions

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 07:49:07 PM »
at least we know that if is 1-1 in Manama .. they wouldn't be faking injuries and wasting time

thats an assumption to say your team won't play for a result is naive ... if its 2-2 they would do the same other wise they are out of their mind

-----------------------

also a pretty goal ... I hated it but I acknowledged it as great  ;D

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 07:49:49 PM »

Well, faking injuries is a part of teh game at this level. Its even worse in South America.

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 07:51:43 PM »

thats an assumption to say your team won't play for a result is naive ... if its 2-2 they would do the same other wise they are out of their mind

-----------------------

Trust me ... payback is a bitch.
I doubt your shieks will love to see Latapy take 4 minutes to get on a stretcher ... and then refuse it.

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 07:56:55 PM »

-----------------------

Trust me ... payback is a bitch.
I doubt your shieks will love to see Latapy take 4 minutes to get on a stretcher ... and then refuse it.

I don't care what "sheikhs" think ... its normal ... I would hate it just as much as I was hating Bahraini players on the floor cause it was either dumb, or just stupid lol

I do however think fatigue was setting in on the players as well

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2005, 08:25:47 PM »
i knew the goal would wake tnT up and it surely did. birchall  has me hoarse from shouting GOALLLLL

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 08:47:12 PM »
Thanks Birchall for the amazing goal.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2005, 10:42:26 PM »
Lorse Birchall really let go a screamer...we have 90 minutes to go and we all kno there is no way Bah bah can keep us from scoring so long...I love we position and i doh care wah noone say....i doh see nuttin bad bout de result...away goals rule eh gonna have to come into play..we go step up in bahrain
Back in Trini...

1]; } ?>