March 29, 2024, 01:33:51 AM

Author Topic: One chapter left- my take on the game in summary  (Read 5374 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
One chapter left- my take on the game in summary
« on: November 12, 2005, 07:09:02 PM »
Positives:

1. We didn't lose
2. We scored one of the best goals in our history
3. Whitley continues to improve and may soon be our leader
4. Bahrain is not good

Negatives:

1. Our defense did not mark well today, and we were too slow (almost reluctant) to close down the opposition, especially in the middle of the field
2. Latapy didn't show up...there was no sense of urgency from him.
3. Avery had a nightmare of a game
4. Our play was too slow and there was not nearly enough movement off the ball
5. We gave up a poor goal (we refused to close down a casually taken short corner)

Going forward:

We can win on the road, but we need to play the game like it's the last 90 minutes of our lives. Surprisingly (disappointly sp ?)we didn't do that today.

We always knew there would be 2 chapters to this and now it's on to the second chapter. We finally know for sure how good Bahrain is, and it's encouraging, because they are noting to fear. I think our boys were nervous, and rightly so. Shake the nerves off warriors and do your business- it's as simple as that.

Congrats to Bahrain, they played the perfect away team game. It's obvious that their mindset is on result-oriented football, and they don't care about playing well. They picked their spots well and nearly punished us at times. They faked injuries, rolled around on the ground like a bunch of whores, wasted time of restarts, and were overall poor sportsmen but good gamesmen. They did their business at on the road, and I give them credit........... now it's our turn to do ours....

Go Warriors !!!!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 05:11:44 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: One chapter left- my take on the game in summary
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 07:09:26 PM »
NO YELLOW CARDS!!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 07:14:55 PM »
you know fifa show the yellow card to racism.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline abojassim

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 07:16:54 PM »
See you in Manama 16 Nov

we will complete match to go Germany 2006  :beermug:

Bahrain Bahrain .......

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 07:22:06 PM »

Congrats to Bahrain, they played the perfect away team game. It's obvious that their mindset is on result-oriented football, and they don't care about playing well. They picked their spots well and nearly punished us at times. They faked injuries, rolled around on the ground like a bunch of whores, wasted time of restarts, and were overall poor sportsmen but good gamesmen. They did their business at on the road, and I give them credit........... now it's our turn to do ours....

Go Warriors !!!!

For real. I am not going to be a sore losser congrats. But enjoy it while it lasts. You guys never played football out there and fortunately for you neither did the warriors but Wednesday God willing will be a different story.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 07:22:20 PM »
This thread is not about the colour of people's skin. This is about football, so if you have nothing to say about that, write on another thread..

How does Slavery and blackness come in to this topic ??....seriously....

It's ok not to like us, but stick to point of the thread.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 07:23:03 PM »
i dont give a f**k i am spanish all the way you guys are black ! so i dont care about your slaveness !

So yu are being racist now? f**k you dude.

Offline Redbelt

• SHIFT_Redline
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • PiracyUnlimited.com, Anime & Manga
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 07:26:28 PM »
To the racist scum bags posting here:

There are black men playing in Bahrain.
If you hate black people, I suggest you take a long stick, and proceed to shove it up your ass because there is nothing else you can do about it.

Oh, I'm a proud Bahraini & I'm white you racist pigs.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 07:27:44 PM »
See you in Manama 16 Nov

we will complete match to go Germany 2006  :beermug:

Bahrain Bahrain .......

baharian tears will run like a river at home. trust meh

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2005, 07:29:39 PM »
2 players from bah got yellow cards are they out for the next game ?

Offline Redbelt

• SHIFT_Redline
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 07:30:13 PM »
Oh, and for trinbago people:

excellant game.
you scored a beautiful goal! that man can shoot! Even if I think its a little lucky as no one actually passed the ball to him, he just seized a chance. still nice.

The commentators at our tv commented that trinbago people are nice and were very helpful with us. On behalf of my country, thank you.

We will meet in Isa Town!

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2005, 07:30:32 PM »
too much talk ... Bahrain should have burried more chances, and if not for that wonderful goal Bahrain would have won...

Bahrain did not play well but they got a good away result... I am happy knowing that now the pressure is on Trini not on Bahrain

I don;t know how the dude is saying Bahrain is horrible ... lol I mean Bahrain wasted chances ... they played under pressure, they came up showed up, and got the result ... surely we've proven we are not that bad lol

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2005, 07:35:06 PM »

I don;t know how the dude is saying Bahrain is horrible ...

I don't think I said you were horrible. re-read what I wrote. I gave credit for your away team performance. If we got this result on the road in the first game, we'd be happy......

If I said anything bad about Bahrain's football, it's based on the fact that they didn't play good football.............neither did we......but:

I'm Trini, I'm not a journalist so I'm biased......sorry ;D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 07:38:21 PM by kicker »

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2005, 07:37:20 PM »
no prob man ... credit goes to the trini fans who showed up while their team did not ...

both teams played horrible ... but I guess both teams want to get to the world cup and are scared ...

as for anti football while I agree its frustrating to watch ...

but it works

Italy (3 wc that way), greece in the last euro so ... its all about the team performance

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2005, 07:39:10 PM »
too much talk ... Bahrain should have burried more chances, and if not for that wonderful goal Bahrain would have won...

Bahrain did not play well but they got a good away result... I am happy knowing that now the pressure is on Trini not on Bahrain

I don;t know how the dude is saying Bahrain is horrible ... lol I mean Bahrain wasted chances ... they played under pressure, they came up showed up, and got the result ... surely we've proven we are not that bad lol

You proved on the world stage what poor sportsmanship you have.
All the faking of injuries and time wasting was very attractive, I'm sure.

The world will be watching on Tuesday ... and the world does not like cheaters.

GO TT!!!

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2005, 07:40:41 PM »
Their captain got the second yellow and he misses the game wednesday.

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2005, 07:41:12 PM »

That was the #10 right?

Offline Redbelt

• SHIFT_Redline
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2005, 07:43:39 PM »

That was the #10 right?

yes

mohammed salmeen

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2005, 07:47:53 PM »
time wasting is part of the game ... you don;t have to like it... I hated it ...

but when U are the away team in such a game you do that ... its normal

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2005, 07:50:05 PM »
time wasting is part of the game ... you don;t have to like it... I hated it ...

I'm sure you also have to roll around on the ground and fake injuries.
Cheating has always been part of the game - Maradona was glorified for it.

That's why he's facing his demons now.
But don't worry .. your time will come.

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2005, 07:52:19 PM »

I'm sure you also have to roll around on the ground and fake injuries.
Cheating has always been part of the game - Maradona was glorified for it.

That's why he's facing his demons now.
But don't worry .. your time will come.

completely unrelated ... maradona's deamons came because he is a druggie ... and lazy lol

such small manouvers are part of the game, diving is even worse ...

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2005, 07:56:37 PM »
nope .. drugs co-relates to forms of cheating.

Such small manouvres do no enhance the game - it only makes the officals pay more attention next time. I'm sure the referee in charge of Wednesday's game will know exactly what to expect.

When you end up having a player sincerely injured ... who knows .. the game might just go on.

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2005, 07:58:40 PM »
I doubt it ... both sets of players would never let an injured player lie on the ground ...

as for the refs they are from south america ... they out of every one give diving a large part of their game ...

atleast both sets of teams respect each other and are too much of men to injure other on purpose  :)

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2005, 08:14:16 PM »
i believe one of their players is missing the next game so thats good news

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2005, 08:22:28 PM »
With or without their captain, we can beat this team.  Bah played no football.  They got a couple chances and a goal because our defenders lost concentration.  We penetrated their defense many times, not because of their defensive mistakes, but because of our dribbling and passing.

I'm sure that the Bahrain players are happy to get an away goal, but they know that they will have to do better to keep us off the scoresheet in Manama.

And I am confident that we will score.

Besides, we only like to perform in do-or-die games.  All other games are not worth the effort.  ;)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2005, 08:35:12 PM »
i am not worried. once the players go back to the fundamental things that they did so well against el tricolor i think they can pull it off.  the don gave his instructions but i think the nerves were frayed tonite -notice dog's let the ball roll under his foot in the earlies etc. etc.    its just like the commentator said, when the pressure is on, players revert to what is comfortable to them.

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2005, 08:37:44 PM »
The refs were from australia

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2005, 08:57:06 PM »
My Take on the game:

1.  The ref did a horrible job.  Now I see why people have been complaining about Yorke being hacked down in the Australian League.

2.  We need to get back to possessing the ball, and pressing higher up the field.  I though we sat back for a while and allowed them to penetrate our defence with the through passes.  Avery was especially vulnerable to those.  He neither got to the ball or followed the runner.  For a while, he reminded me of the Avery that I played against in the colleges league--grit but not much technical ability.  He needs to get it right because he was the weak link in the defence tonite.

3.  Stern John is isolated up front.  If you're going to play a target forward, then the team needs to relize that they have to push up to support the guy.  How many times was that ball played across the goal and there was no one in the box to get it it?  We seemed too afraid of the counter.

4.  Jack needs to sort his defence out better.  The marking was poor and he was definiitely not communicating enough with his defenders.  Frankly. Shaka commands more respect from the players, and they seem more composed when he is in goal.

5.  It's a one game final on Wednesday.  We need to just think about winning; we have nothing to lose at this point.

Offline in dey pwefen!

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2005, 09:37:29 PM »
I think it is very biased statement to seemingly accuse the ref of bad judgements because he is from Aus. The "Warriors" admittedly did not play to standard. Whart was expected from them did not come to life. I firmly believe that even the players themselves wil ladmit to that. They should have capitalsed on the time wasting of the "Bah" team by doing their on speedy attacks. The yhave more than the ability to do that. The skill of tghe individual players when combined as a team as we saw against Mexico can break any barrier down. They did not do anything of teh sort. They just did not try. It was not only Latas who did not show. The defence was there but thinking about the beach it seems.

About the game itself I thought that the long ball did not do it for them. This was clear from the very beginning of the game. Anytime the one touch was implemented the penetration began. Listen we saw that they actually crowded John and Latas and Yorke. Three, sometimes four men at a time. That leaves two of our team free. Bah played a very poor and distressing game. No life whatsoever. NONE. No emotion. NO skill. Nothing. They do not deserve to be in the world cup at all. Not now. Not ever. The Warriors have to show up and play. A game is 90 minutes. 90 Minutes. NO extra time on Wednesday. 90 minutes.

Nuff said.. GO WARRIORS!!! ;) :D

Offline Jay9

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2005, 09:45:30 PM »
just reach back from d stadium... meh boots ruined :S
poor boots ...

Anyways i enjoyed the game, meh only gripe with meh boys is that they was fraid to pull that trigger, i was sititng underd scoreboard and i see yorke with d goal in front him clear and he pass to carlos on the wing i rel cuss ... men rel stick to fire shots, but ah rel glad "me mum" ent stick wen he get he chance
Glory Goalm after that i ent even bother to sit back down for d rest of the match.. Offensively Trinidad Outplayed bahrain but we stick on creating chances, and stern blew a sitter...(that one-two with yorke woulda be so much sweater if he did buss that net)
Latas was heavily man marked hence why he had such a little impact on the game.
I give thanks that meh boys pull back that one goal and we could go into wednesday game with thier heads not in the gutter...
All love them and i go follow them to hell and back...

-Jay9

1]; } ?>