March 28, 2024, 03:51:48 AM

Author Topic: FIFA suspends the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association  (Read 21913 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FIFA suspends the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association
« on: September 24, 2020, 02:44:06 PM »
FIFA suspends the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association
FIFA.com

The Bureau of the FIFA Council today suspended the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) with immediate effect due to grave violations of the FIFA Statutes.

The suspension was prompted by the former leadership of the TTFA lodging a claim before a local court in Trinidad and Tobago in order to contest the decision of the FIFA Council to appoint a normalisation committee for the TTFA. This course of action was in direct breach of article 59 of the FIFA Statutes, which expressly prohibits recourse to ordinary courts unless specifically provided for in the FIFA regulations.

A normalisation committee was installed by the FIFA Council after it was established that the former leadership of the TTFA had engaged in various acts of serious mismanagement. The decision of the former leadership to go to a local court to contest the appointment of the normalisation committee jeopardizes not only the future of football in Trinidad and Tobago but also endangers the overall global football governance structure, which relies on the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) as the exclusive forum for resolving disputes of this nature. 

The relevant parties were initially given until 16 September to withdraw the case but failed to do so. This deadline was then extended until 23 September, which was not respected either.   

In the circumstances, the Bureau of the FIFA Council has decided to suspend the TTFA.

This suspension will only be lifted when the TTFA fully complies with its obligations as a member of FIFA, including recognising the legitimacy of the appointed normalisation committee and bringing its own statutes into line with the FIFA Statutes.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA suspends the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 03:00:28 PM »
Notwithstanding all of that, we could still be "banned".

BOOM!

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 03:08:05 PM »
pull stones, do not despair Breds, we will overcome this impasse. History will show them siding with the the den of thieves. Let's just move on. When ever I come back to TT, I will sort United TTFA, more so Keith and Sam(74 youth team). I used to bwah him wihen he was with Jack. But this time he was on the right side even though they had to give. There will be light at the end of the tunnel.th
deeks it’s not just sancho and fat boy who’s cancers in that country, but it’s the whole fraternity of so called people in positions of power. could you imagine the police raided a houses a couple of days ago found millions of dollars and gave it back to the perps without the permission of the commissioner and the minister of national security, where in the world this level of corruption takes place in the ranks of the national security apparatus?

and it’s not only them, but it’s everyone in positions of authority, just look at david nakid, that big mouth guy went on a self righteous crusade against the whole country, flew to lebanon stayed for a while, came back and then joined up with a party that stole billions from the country,not that the pnm never stole, but those thieves has since moved on and they have new leadership that is very much opposed to corruption.

but nakid joined with the same crew who pillaged and plundered the treasury. had it been stern or kenwin I wouldn’t be bothered, but mr righteous walk on water david who knows what is wrong with everything on earth, and he’s here to fix it nakid. I am not mesmerized by these world cup or passed footballers like you guys, nor any footballer for that matter, I never surprised by these fellers and what they could do, and brent sancho and mr latapy showed that when they went in search of a better life trampling all in their way.

IMO trinidad is a big salt cake glazed with a sweet strawberry frosting, pretty on the outside but filled with salt and bitterness when you bite in. it’s everyone with some authority in that country who’s failing the children and using their power for their own selfish means, from the cricket administrators to the other clueless sports authorities, they are robbing these kids of an opportunity to excel, from jack warner to azim basserat, they are all clueless.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 03:12:28 PM »
Who cares, they want to rub it in. football is dead in Trinidad and Tobago anyway. I wish wallace and company reopens the case.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 03:34:10 PM »
Notwithstanding all of that, we could still be "banned".

BOOM!
👏🏾👏🏾👍🏿
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 03:35:53 PM by maxg »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 04:41:19 PM »
Firetruck FIFA
Firetruck Hadad
Firetruck DJW
Infantino mudder!!!

Dais all ah come to say....

Weary must be turning over in she grave.....smh.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 05:37:49 PM »
Ah hope de trio of DJW aka shrek ,  Brent aka de self serving bow tie  opportunist, and frog faced Johnny come lately Hadad celebrate well for now .... What a bunch snakes ! But doh worry their days will come ! Wait and see ! Who laugh last laugh best ! As for infantino de Panama papers will expose yuh And yuh gang ! De fraud squad coming ..

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 06:14:32 PM »
Over to you Wallace, run T&T football now.

If you was a millionaire, yea, but now what?

I ain't not trator, but you can't fight a billion dollar corrupted company who you rely on and you BROKE with no support.

Regardless if they go on to win, Wallace don't have a penny to help he self, how can he help T&T football? Peter Miller!!!!....  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

FIFA is they own police and thief, how can you beat them, not even Jack Warner coulda do it all de promise he promise.

Expect Brent "suck ass" Sancho to be de next TTFA president

« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 06:16:39 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 06:17:43 PM »
Too much ole muddaf00ckers want to run T&T football in these modern times and they can't even send a proper text.

Tim Kee, Warner, Ramesh, Hadad, Wallace, etc.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 06:19:20 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2020, 06:43:51 PM »
TTFA get bad advice. 

Plain and simple.  People could blame Infantino and "FIFA mafia" all they want, Wallace, Look Loy et. al. shit de bed on this one.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cudjoe slams 'selfish' United TTFA for FIFA suspension
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2020, 08:01:16 PM »
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

SHAMFA Cudjoe, Minister of Sport and Community Development, has described FIFA’s suspension of the TTFA (T&T Football Association) as “a sad day for football and sport” in T&T.

On Thursday, the Bureau of the FIFA Council suspended the TTFA with immediate effect due to grave violations of the FIFA Statutes.

In a statement on its website, FIFA said, “the suspension was prompted by the former leadership of the TTFA lodging a claim before (the T&T High Court) in order to contest the decision of the FIFA Council to appoint a normalisation committee for the TTFA.”

In March, TTFA president William Wallace and his executive were removed by FIFA, due to the TTFA’s mounting debt, and a normalisation committee, headed by businessman Robert Hadad, was put in place to run the affairs of T&T football.

On Thursday evening, Cudjoe said, “I am not surprised because FIFA would have already stated its position quite early. I was trying to avoid this situation. I remembered calling a meeting in August with all the football (bodies). I think FIFA has been fair and reasonable in its dealings by giving them a deadline (of September 16) and then going the extra mile of giving them an extension (of September 23).”

Turning her focus towards the United TTFA team of Wallace, his deputies Clynt Taylor, Susan Joseph-Warrick, Joseph Sam Phillip, as well as TTFA members Keith Look Loy and Anthony Harford, Cudjoe said, “If they were serious about relieving T&T from this kind of stress, they would have acted on time and in a proper manner.

“FIFA had no choice but to do what they have done,” she continued. “It’s a sad day for football and a sad day for sport development in this nation. The handful of people that’s causing us this trouble, they would not suffer as much as athletes and the young people who depend on football and sports for their advancement.

“I’m also disappointed that adults who have been charged with this management of football would have the country in this position, would hold football to ransom, would hijack the development of football in this way. They did not go to their clubs (or TTFA membership) before taking on this court matter. They went on their own selfish and unreasonable journey and today we’re in this position because of them.”

Recently, Wallace hinted that, even with FIFA sanctions, domestic and schools football will still be continued in T&T, once covid19 restrictions are lifted.

But Cudjoe countered, “What does that really mean for the young person who’s looking to advance in football, who have dreams about playing in the World Cup, who was looking forward to the CONCACAF Nations League? What community football and schools football means to those young athletes who are really being affected by this?”

The Minister said, “It goes beyond that because we were benefitting from FIFA Forward Development Programme and the various courses to help various disciplines like beach football (and) women’s football. That technical assistance is gone when you’re (suspended).

“While community football and schools football is good, that’s only a drop in the bucket when you think about the full potential of the beautiful game, of our ability to participate at regional and international levels. That brings no comfort, especially knowing that this could have been avoided and that these (individuals) had so much time to turn things around. But they did what they did for their own ego, for their own time of fame. It does not make any sense. The majority of their clubs know that it didn’t make any sense.”

Cudjoe urged other local sporting bodies to “learn from this, that when you elect people to leadership of your organisations, elect proper, right-thinking people with a conscience, with a heart to truly develop the game.”

The Minister is hopeful that there will be light at the end of the tunnel for T&T football.

“I think the tone of the (FIFA) letter allows some wiggle-room, that if (the TTFA) make the necessary changes, at it relates to properly recognising the normalisation committee, and even amending the local constitution to reflect that CAS is the final court of arbitration,” she said. “I think that would allow FIFA to reconsider lifting the suspension. I’m hoping that these clubs have their voices heard and hold their so-called leaders to account.”

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2020, 09:36:31 PM »
so we suspended big deal. we was suspended since DJW won the election in 2016, we didn't win a game since they beat america in that FLUKE GAME in 2017, after that they went on to lose game after game beating only the lowest ranking team in the world anguilla.

in trinidad thing have to get worst before it gets better, i don't care who's the ttfa president either, as long as it's not shrek or sancho. soceion i'm borrowing the shrek from you, hope you don't mind.

maybe we would have a bit of peace now, instead of worrying about these cruddy footballers we have.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2020, 10:42:35 PM »
Too much ole muddaf00ckers want to run T&T football in these modern times and they can't even send a proper text.

Tim Kee, Warner, Ramesh, Hadad, Wallace, etc.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2020, 11:19:45 PM »
Digusted all round. Worst of both worlds, no court case to set precedent and no membership.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2020, 11:21:53 PM »

SHAMFA Cudjoe, Minister of Sport and Community Development, has described FIFA’s suspension of the TTFA (T&T Football Association) as “a sad day for football and sport” in T&T.

On Thursday, the Bureau of the FIFA Council suspended the TTFA with immediate effect due to grave violations of the FIFA Statutes.

In a statement on its website, FIFA said, “the suspension was prompted by the former leadership of the TTFA lodging a claim before (the T&T High Court) in order to contest the decision of the FIFA Council to appoint a normalisation committee for the TTFA.”

In March, TTFA president William Wallace and his executive were removed by FIFA, due to the TTFA’s mounting debt, and a normalisation committee, headed by businessman Robert Hadad, was put in place to run the affairs of T&T football.

On Thursday evening, Cudjoe said, “I am not surprised because FIFA would have already stated its position quite early. I was trying to avoid this situation. I remembered calling a meeting in August with all the football (bodies). I think FIFA has been fair and reasonable in its dealings by giving them a deadline (of September 16) and then going the extra mile of giving them an extension (of September 23).”

Turning her focus towards the United TTFA team of Wallace, his deputies Clynt Taylor, Susan Joseph-Warrick, Joseph Sam Phillip, as well as TTFA members Keith Look Loy and Anthony Harford, Cudjoe said, “If they were serious about relieving T&T from this kind of stress, they would have acted on time and in a proper manner.

“FIFA had no choice but to do what they have done,” she continued. “It’s a sad day for football and a sad day for sport development in this nation. The handful of people that’s causing us this trouble, they would not suffer as much as athletes and the young people who depend on football and sports for their advancement.

“I’m also disappointed that adults who have been charged with this management of football would have the country in this position, would hold football to ransom, would hijack the development of football in this way. They did not go to their clubs (or TTFA membership) before taking on this court matter. They went on their own selfish and unreasonable journey and today we’re in this position because of them.”

Recently, Wallace hinted that, even with FIFA sanctions, domestic and schools football will still be continued in T&T, once covid19 restrictions are lifted.

But Cudjoe countered, “What does that really mean for the young person who’s looking to advance in football, who have dreams about playing in the World Cup, who was looking forward to the CONCACAF Nations League? What community football and schools football means to those young athletes who are really being affected by this?”

The Minister said, “It goes beyond that because we were benefitting from FIFA Forward Development Programme and the various courses to help various disciplines like beach football (and) women’s football. That technical assistance is gone when you’re (suspended).

“While community football and schools football is good, that’s only a drop in the bucket when you think about the full potential of the beautiful game, of our ability to participate at regional and international levels. That brings no comfort, especially knowing that this could have been avoided and that these (individuals) had so much time to turn things around. But they did what they did for their own ego, for their own time of fame. It does not make any sense. The majority of their clubs know that it didn’t make any sense.”

Cudjoe urged other local sporting bodies to “learn from this, that when you elect people to leadership of your organisations, elect proper, right-thinking people with a conscience, with a heart to truly develop the game.”

The Minister is hopeful that there will be light at the end of the tunnel for T&T football.

“I think the tone of the (FIFA) letter allows some wiggle-room, that if (the TTFA) make the necessary changes, at it relates to properly recognising the normalisation committee, and even amending the local constitution to reflect that CAS is the final court of arbitration,” she said. “I think that would allow FIFA to reconsider lifting the suspension. I’m hoping that these clubs have their voices heard and hold their so-called leaders to account.”

No, Minister. 

There is something entirely dissonant with the tenor of your comments and discordant with the discretion and mandate with which your portfolio vests you.

Good on Joel Bailey for getting your comments on the record, but the comments place you as performing well within your competence, when this matter - particularly in its denouement - would have demanded more than the commentating perspective of a front row seat.

Perhaps the deficiency is that Mr. Bailey didn't exhaust his questions or ask all of the pertinent questions. But, even if he didn't ask, it seems that the moment should have compelled you to make a more comprehensive statement regarding the government's activism on this matter.

While there may be an element of incomplete journalism here - perhaps reflective of the expected scrutiny of the readership - there's also been a building narrative (no pun intended) of whether you have used your time sufficiently wisely despite your awareness of the advertised conclusion.

Your words: 'I am not surprised because FIFA would have already stated its position quite early'.

There are still questions to be answered before we should get to you reducing an element of your public comments to a personalised bashing of executive action.

Not wishing to be guilty of the same, my comments include curiosity as to Cabinet's view of the matter and extend to what, if anything, exercised the Prime Minister regarding all of the consequences which you liberally note.

It's evident that United TTFA trampled your last nerve,  but did you run the fullness of the last mile?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 11:44:42 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2020, 11:48:27 PM »
so we suspended big deal. we was suspended since DJW won the election in 2016, we didn't win a game since they beat america in that FLUKE GAME in 2017, after that they went on to lose game after game beating only the lowest ranking team in the world anguilla.

in trinidad thing have to get worst before it gets better, i don't care who's the ttfa president either, as long as it's not shrek or sancho. soceion i'm borrowing the shrek from you, hope you don't mind.

maybe we would have a bit of peace now, instead of worrying about these cruddy footballers we have.

We're not even close to that.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sancho believes that the membership was set-up
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2020, 06:30:39 AM »
Sancho believes that the membership was set-up
By Keith Clement (T&T Guardian)

Following news that the T&T Football Association (TTFA) has been suspended with immediate effect by FIFA and until further notice Guardian Media Sports reached out to several persons of the general membership to get responses regarding the United TTFA team failure to meet the September 23, 3:00 pm deadline set by FIFA on September 18, to withdraw their legal matter from the T&T High court.

Several of them decided that they don't want to go on record but they expressed concerns with what they deemed 'the intent of the action by the last minute as the deadline time approached to have the matter withdrawn from the T&T courts.

The embattled TTFA president William Wallace and his United TTFA executive team's decision to withdraw their controversial case against FIFA is yet to be officially recognised since the application was made and stamped at 15:23.57 (3:23 pm) on Wednesday which was after the deadline of 15:00 AST (21:00 CET) time as outlined in the FIFA letter dated September 18.

Guardian Media Sports understands that while the group's legal team filed an eight-page notice of the application to withdraw the case, in an attempt to beat FIFA's revised ultimatum of Wednesday 23, at 3:00 pm (TT Time), the matter will not be actually be withdrawn until the application is dealt with by Justice Carol Gobin, who is presiding over the case.

On Thursday, Guardian Media Sports reached out Robert Hadad, the chairman of the FIFA-appointed Normalisation Committee (NC) and asked: 'Did you, FIFA legal Team or FIFA get any documents of notice from William Wallace' legal team to date regarding the withdrawal of the legal matter in the T&T high court?'...He responded, "No".

Dr Emir Crowne, one of the attorneys from the United TTFA legal team when contacted and asked on Thursday: "If FIFA lawyers were served with the application & affidavit regarding the withdrawal he responded: "If it's about the TTFA matter, I unfortunately can't comment as it's still before the Courts."

The application which highlights 23 grounds for which the withdrawal is being made, can either be dealt with in the absence of the parties with the decision being subsequently sent by Gobin or can be dealt with on October 9, when she was expected to referee the trial of the case. The trial date could also be brought forward in order to resolve the issue.

In an affidavit which comprised ten pages and bears the court stamp and time as 15:02.03 (T&T 3:02 pm) attached to the application, which was obtained by Guardian Media Sports, Wallace sought to explain his and his team's decision to grudgingly withdraw their case.

"To ask this court for permission to withdraw this claim on the day before Republic Day (September 24), and in so doing tacitly accepting that football in T&T continues to be at the whims and fancy of the Defendant, who is bullying and coercing the TTFA into bending its knee, makes me feel physically sick," Wallace said.

"It is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do," he added.

Wallace, the former president of the Secondary School Football League (SSFL) suggested that their decision was based on feedback from TTFA stakeholders, which was solicited after he and his team noted strange developments in the sport regionally.

He said on Monday he was informed that FIFA regional affiliate CONCACAF had scheduled the draw for its 2021 Gold Cup for this weekend.

"I can say that this is unusual because the Gold Cup (held every two years) is not until July 2021 and normally the draw usually happens approximately two months before the tournament," Wallace said.

He admitted that it was this that led him and his team to call the meeting on Tuesday as a possible suspension would mean no chance of participation in the tournament.

In a separate but related press release issued yesterday, the executive expressed similar sentiments and noted that 21 stakeholders voted for them to withdraw the action, while eight voted for it to continue. Three abstained.

In his court filings, Wallace, a former national team manager, claimed that despite the vote many members agreed that FIFA was acting in bad faith by seeking to compel them to withdraw under the threat of the association and by extension, the country, being suspended and other sanctions.

"My firm view is that they are acting out of fear and not in the long-term best interests of the TTFA," he said.

On Thursday, Brent Sancho, the acting chairman of the T&T Pro League and who has been challenging the United TTFA decision to take FIFA to the T&T Courts rather than Court for Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Switzerland, believe that the general meeting called by the United TTFA on Tuesday was set-up to give the membership the impression that they (United TTFA) really wanted to get meeting's view to move forward.

Sancho said, "After the voting 21-8 to withdraw the matter; 8 to stay and fight; and 3 abstentions, the meeting asked the chairman (Wallace) what next and he did not answer. In fact, after reading the withdrawal documents it is crystal clear that eight votes are what the application and affidavit are based upon and not the 21 delegates who voted to withdraw the matter from court."

The Central FC owner pointed out that every action by the United TTFA team from September 22 to missing the deadline September 23, has been intentionally designed to get the TTFA suspended.

He said, "September 22: United TTFA last-minute “informal” member meeting to attempt to show they listened to membership and most importantly to mask their reasons for apparently withdrawing case: “to withdraw based on the will of the membership - the members voted to do it – against TTFA United’s will, and on September 23 the following happened:

1. TTFA United formally express their plans:

2. At approx.1:30 pm local time (and 1-hour ½ before the deadline to withdraw case) they issue an official media statement:

3. At 3:02 PM (intentionally after the FIFA deadline expired) they lodge affidavits before the High Court to request that case be withdrawn. Way it is redacted shows malicious intention for it to be rejected or to claim coercion after suspension and continue with the case.

4. At 6:30 pm and through the media, Wallace tries to justify why his name is not on media release:

5. September 24, a public holiday in T&T, reason why they also kept the matter secret hoping FIFA would suspend the TTFA before any court decision was reached. This series of events clearly shows TTFA United’s plot to play victims and paint FIFA as the monster who suspended them, and while their intent is to continue with their battle.

According to a delegate who attended the meeting and spoke to us on the condition anonymity: "Without pointing fingers or casting blame, I think Trinidad and Tobago football has experienced extremely challenging times, and we have challenging times ahead of us. Football is largely political and it has gotten the better (or worst) of us. We need true unity and wholesome, inclusive dialogue with all stakeholders if we are to ever heal and move forward for the good of the game and most importantly the players of the game."

Through the lawsuit, Wallace and his three vice presidents — Clynt Taylor, Joseph Sam Phillips, and Susan Joseph-Warrick were seeking a declaration that the decision to remove them on March 17, and replace them with a committee comprising of businessman Hadad, attorney Judy Daniel, and retired banker Nigel Romano was null, void, and of no legal or binding effect.

They were also seeking a permanent injunction barring FIFA from meddling in the TTFA's affairs by allegedly seeking to circumvent the democratic process by removing duly elected executive members.

Wallace and his team initially brought proceedings against FIFA in the Court for Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in April but withdraw it in May as they could not pay the 40,000 Swiss francs (TT$276,000) in associated costs.

Their position was partly due to FIFA's policy to not pay its share of the fees and CAS's rules, which require the other party to pay the full costs when the other fails in its obligations.

After the case was filed, FIFA applied for it to be struck out as it claimed that the TTFA by virtue of its membership with FIFA agreed to forgo all legal action in local courts in favour of proceedings before the CAS.

The application was initially blanked by Gobin, who ruled on August 13, that the local courts were the appropriate forum to resolve the dispute.

FIFA appealed with a hearing set for October 21.

While the appeal was still pending, Gobin set the date for the trial of the case for October 9 and gave FIFA an extension to file its defence. FIFA failed to meet the deadline as it maintained its position that it did not accept the jurisdiction of the court in the matter.

Wallace and his team also obtained an injunction against the normalisation committee after it attempted to facilitate an extraordinary general meeting (EGM) among members to vote to withdraw the case and recognised the NC as the administrators of T&T football.

The injunction, which will remain in place until discharged by Gobin, was not opposed by FIFA and was granted.

Wallace and his colleagues are being represented by Dr Emir Crowne, Matthew Gayle, Crystal Paul, and Jason Jones, while Christopher Hamel-Smith, Jonathan Walker and Cherie Gopie are appearing for FIFA.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sancho: ‘I told you so.’
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2020, 06:31:22 AM »
Sancho: ‘I told you so.’
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

ACTING Pro League chairman Brent Sancho was among those not surprised by FIFA’s announcement yesterday of a ban on the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association.

“I told you so,” Sancho said, having indeed conversed with the Express earlier.

Hours before the ban, both Sancho and local football club official Michael Awai had predicted a ban on T&T and accused United TTFA of dragging on the withdrawal of a High Court action despite an impending threat to ban the association.

Representatives for the United TTFA faction of the Football Association had confirmed that an application for withdrawal of court action against FIFA had been filed earlier yesterday afternoon with the registry of the Trinidad and Tobago High Court.

“The application for permission to withdraw was filed,” stated attorney Matthew Gayle who, along with Dr Emir Crowne and Jason Jones, were representing exiled TTFA president William Wallace and three vice-presidents who had launched a legal challenge to their dismissal by FIFA in March.

Yesterday being the Republic Day holiday, the courts were closed. However, Gayle insisted that “permission for withdrawal” was filed.

“We will have to wait and see how the judge deals with the matter,” attorney Gayle had stated while also acknowledging that he had no specific time frame in which the application would be processed.

Businessman Robert Hadad, who chairs FIFA’s normalisation committee that replaced the Wallace regime, replied “not sure” via WhatsApp to Express enquiries yesterday as to whether FIFA was informed of the withdrawal of the court action.

Despite Gayle’s assertions Michael Awai, an official of the AC Port of Spain professional club, had also been convinced there were ulterior motives.

“We are going to get banned,” Awai speculated.

Sancho, a TTFA board member, had expressed suspicions about United TTFA dragging out the issues with possibly devastating consequences. “Every single event that has transpired in the past two days has been meticulously and unethically calculated by ‘TTFA United’ to obtain the following: intentionally get TTFA suspended,” Sancho had stated before news of the ban yesterday.

Sancho’s theory was that United TTFA intentionally lodged a withdrawal document minutes after the FIFA deadline and he also alleged the attachment of affidavits indicating coercion, with a hope that the judge would ignore the wish of the TTFA membership and continue with the case.

He was also suspicious of Wallace not endorsing a United TTFA media release indicating that his faction had ended its fight with FIFA. Wallace was reported as saying he was not “mentally ready” to sign the document, although not opposed to its contents.

From the ousted executive’s meeting with TTFA delegates mere hours before the FIFA deadline, to Wallace and vice-president Clynt Taylor not endorsing the United TTFA media release, Sancho believed there was cause for concern.

He said that having won sympathy, United TTFA could then “claim that even though they attempted to withdraw the case—which has not occurred—big bad FIFA will still suspend the TTFA. After suspension, continue with court cases and battle FIFA,” he suggested.

Hours later, Trinidad and Tobago was indeed banned by the Zurich-based world governing body.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2020, 08:12:14 AM »

So we suspended big deal????

Really?? FIFA owns football full stop!  This is the darkest day in TT football history. 
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2020, 08:43:54 AM »

No, Minister. 

There is something entirely dissonant with the tenor of your comments and discordant with the discretion and mandate with which your portfolio vests you.

Good on Joel Bailey for getting your comments on the record, but the comments place you as performing well within your competence, when this matter - particularly in its denouement - would have demanded more than the commentating perspective of a front row seat.

Perhaps the deficiency is that Mr. Bailey didn't exhaust his questions or ask all of the pertinent questions. But, even if he didn't ask, it seems that the moment should have compelled you to make a more comprehensive statement regarding the government's activism on this matter.

While there may be an element of incomplete journalism here - perhaps reflective of the expected scrutiny of the readership - there's also been a building narrative (no pun intended) of whether you have used your time sufficiently wisely despite your awareness of the advertised conclusion.

Your words: 'I am not surprised because FIFA would have already stated its position quite early'.

There are still questions to be answered before we should get to you reducing an element of your public comments to a personalised bashing of executive action.

Not wishing to be guilty of the same, my comments include curiosity as to Cabinet's view of the matter and extend to what, if anything, exercised the Prime Minister regarding all of the consequences which you liberally note.

It's evident that United TTFA trampled your last nerve,  but did you run the fullness of the last mile?
I am not sure that I am getting what your point really is  ???  and I would rather not simply assume. Is it that you regard the Minister's comments as inappropriate and that government should have a role in this ongoing imbroglio? Notwithstanding, in my humble view the minister was straightforward in calling a spade a spade.

Offline LKMaryTrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2020, 08:47:09 AM »
We all know FIFA have their corruption issues but this rubbish lies squarely on TTFA.  How could an organization not pay coaches for months?  How could we send the women's team to Concacaf games in the US with $500?  Is that FIFA's fault? NO!  The deadline was 3pm but they submitted it at 3:23pm.  That was no accident, that was sending a message that they don't give **it about TT football and the FIFA (THE GOVERNING BOARD).  Until we find someone who is more interested in the health of the game in TT and not in personal gain, we are going to watch more countries succeed and surpass us. 

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2020, 09:21:47 AM »

No, Minister. 

I am not sure that I am getting what your point really is  ???  and I would rather not simply assume. Is it that you regard the Minister's comments as inappropriate and that government should have a role in this ongoing imbroglio? Notwithstanding, in my humble view the minister was straightforward in calling a spade a spade.

You don't need to be MoS to speak candidly. Any citizen is equipped to do that. What distinguishes the MoS from ordinary citizens is her latitude to engage her anticipation of the consequences by leveraging her good office beyond occasionally beating her head against a wall and railing against the personality of United TTFA. Any political office holder worth their salt understands that she has the capacity to weigh-in on the matter through back channel outreach. I don't have any reason to doubt the competence of the MoS, but as I've pointed out repeatedly,  the Government of Trinidad and Tobago is not a disinterested party in this outcome and therefore should act as if not a disinterested or passively connected party. Coming to the public stage and saying 'I tried to talk sense to them' is not a summation of the available parameters.

I appreciate that the MoS is constrained to a degree by the PM's view of the totality of circumstances, but there has to be more here than has been offered.

And no,  I don't regard her comments as entirely appropriate.

And,  yes, Govt's activism with Zurich can/could have occur/occurred without having/being violative of FIFA's posture regarding governmental intervention.

So, on the table is what has the MoS/PM done with respect to operating on the margins of the litigation and outreach to Zurich? Even a solitary phone call?

Participate in managing the outcome.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 10:15:39 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2020, 10:18:04 AM »
wallace made  a u turn and put the case back in court yes

i wonder if this was planned

https://wired868.com/2020/09/25/fight-back-on-wallace-withdraws-withdrawal-in-shock-twist-to-ttfa-fifa-legal-saga/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2020, 11:12:25 AM »
A very sad day.
Seems our sports administrators all seem to To be a personality type in the Caribbean.

We need to wake up and realise this is not only about us. Lots of countries have gotten normalization committees before. Ask Argentina.

FIFA run things. And CaS is the place to go. Thats in their rules.

HTF we believe we can circumvent their rules?

Its like you dont like a particular law in a country and you say Fk it and still break the law. There are repercussions.

Yuh made your point with the local court.

Withdraw the thing in good time nah.

Steups. 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
United TTFA turns to CAS to get suspension lifted
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2020, 01:00:34 PM »
United TTFA turns to CAS to get suspension lifted
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

With T&T still trying to digest FIFA's decision to suspend the T&T Football Association (TTFA) for all tournaments, events or programme anywhere in the world and until further notice on Thursday, followed by Friday's announced resignation of the TTFA second vice-president Susan Joseph-Warrick, the breaking news is that the remaining five members of the United Team have decided to continue with their legal battle against FIFA in the T&T High court.

At 7:38.08 am on Friday, the United TTFA served a "Notice of Withdrawal" on the T&T high court that it was withdrawing the application it made on Wednesday to withdraw its court matter against FIFA in an attempt to meet FIFA's ulitmatum. This recent decision means that the matter will proceed as stated on October 9 before justice Carol Gobin.

The United TTFA team also filed an application with the Court for Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne, Switzerland seeking a stay of FIFA's decision to suspend the TTFA on Thursday. The case CAS#7411/A Trinidad and Tobago Football Association v FIFA, is expected to be heard sometime within the next two days.

The application is an attempt by the United TTFA to secure T&T's place in the Concacaf Gold Cup tournament.

Guardian Media Sports has seen CAS response to the United TTFA legal team confirming that the matter will be heard.

However, Robert Hadad, the chairman of the FIFA-appointed Normalisation Committee when contacted revealed to Guardian Media Sports that T&T will be part of the Gold Tournament but with a stiuplation.

He said on Friday said: "After recent events, I hope all football stakeholders in our country will work together with the Normalization Committee for the benefit of football. We have a very difficult task ahead but we owe it to the coaches, the players, the fans and to future generations to create a well-governed and well managed TTFA. There is possible light at the end of the tunnel. I have learned last night, the Concacaf Council decided that if we meet the requirements laid down by FIFA, and if FIFA lifts the suspension by December 18th, we will be permitted to compete in next summer’s Gold Cup. However, if the suspension remains in place on that date, we will be automatically replaced. This presents us with an opportunity but only if we urgently address FIFA’s issues. I urge the membership of the TTFA and all football stakeholders in our country to get behind the Normalization Committee. Please work with us; it is the only way we can get the TTFA back on track."

Meanwhile, Susan Joseph-Warrick, the second vice president of the T&T Football Association (TTFA) and president of the Women's Football League (Wolf), has announced her resignation from all football in T&T and has become the first casualty of the legal battle between the TTFA and FIFA. Joseph-Warrick's announcement to her executive comes less than 24 hours after FIFA officially suspended the T&TFA as a member of the world governing body FIFA with immediate effect and until further notice.

The ruling means that T&T cannot participate in any FIFA tournaments, events or programme anywhere in the world until the suspension is lifted.

T&T was looking forward to participating in next year's Gold Cup tournament in the United States and the upcoming World Cup qualifiers in March 2021.

The ruling follows a decision by the former TTFA executive to challenge in court, FIFA’s right to appoint a Normalisation Committee to manage the affairs of football in T&T.

Joseph-Warrick, who was elected as WoLF president in April 2019 on a two-year term, was the lone woman on the United TTFA slate that contested the TTFA November 24, 2019 elections to form the executive and serve alongside former president William Wallace and vice presidents — Clynt Taylor and Joseph Sam Phillips.

In her resignation letter, she stated that: "This was a fight for Principle, and Justice and I felt we were well supported in our actions by the football lovers in Trinidad and Tobago. Within recent times it has become clear to me, that we are also fighting against those that we represent; The Associations, The Clubs, The Teams, Supporters and Sadly....the Players."

She added: "How and why these papers were filed after the 3 pm deadline is beyond me, and I am saddened and disappointed at the turn of events."

The quartet was removed from office by FIFA on March 17 and FIFA -appointed a Normalisation Committee on March 27 to manage the sport which led them to mount a legal challenge of FIFA's decision at the Court for Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Switzerland in April, withdraw it in May as they could not pay the 40,000 Swiss francs (TT$276,000) in associated costs claiming institutional bias in favour of FIFA. The matter was then lodged in the T&T High Court and FIFA objected claiming the TTFA has breached its statutes.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2020, 01:05:51 PM »
The resulting actions by FIFA is questionable given the withdrawal of the court case. The deadline given  seems rather inconsequential and their resulting decision appears to be an effort to:
 save face
- assert power and control
- deflect from their own alleged involvement with the HoF scandal
- save another face for DJW
- an attempt to shame and ridicule

You know what? There is a statement that what does not kill you make you stronger. If I was a national player, my focus now would be on such a rigid training and development that woe to all the Caribbean nations that did not have the " frighing balls" to support TnT withah vote of solidarity. Yes let the 4ks laugh cause when this suspension is lifted we should wreck doom on all ah dem.
And to the jokers who trying to usurp and destabilize at home shame!!!!!
Our strength must come from this adversity
So I am not looking at dioom and gloom but looking at how the resilience and psyche of our players should begin approaching this game of football- let this be a lesson - no one gives you anything - all man like to kick your arse when you are down- Go practice train and come back with a lot to prove.  Internally this is the time to really focus on program and player development - get in some strength trying
- recreate some zonal rivalries - North Soth east west and Tobago
Recall in the 60's whenall the world and the mighty USA was giving Cuba blows it was Sir Eric Williams who stood up for Cuba and denounced the BS-  we have a lot to be proud of as a nation and those who are working to shame us should look in the mirror and then go hide Fk them all- now is anyone who truly is patriotism and have a love and anything to do with building the development and growth of our football to come out and organize community training sessions to mobilize our players-
All them fracking star boys like BS does only talk - some who in politics does only talk all them with overseas experience now is your time to form Community training sessions to spread hope fight and an unrelenting desire  to unleash ah force when they lift this suspension.
Let's not take this lying down like a 'drunken whore' who hast lost the ability to move.
The time is now for each player to work twice as hard for the day when this is over- is WAR on the Caribbean brethens and whomever in our path. Now we have something to prove - we engo take this lying down
And to   Fck withHoF go back to Halsey Stadium - let FIFA pay the fracking bills for HOF  liike they did for Centre of Excellence - doh beg- as a country we does. Eg too much for all things foreign- Better yet let the government take the facility and use it as a health treatment facility or a centre for therapy he or a new St Anns facility for the nutcases we have running around pretending they know how to run football in TnT

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2020, 01:47:07 PM »
Griffith on TTFA Suspension: Give Normalisation Committee full control
By Sue-Ann Wayow (AZP News)

FOOTBALL in Trinidad and Tobago is on the verge of collapse with football’s world governing body FIFA suspending this country from all FIFA competitions.

This according to Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith who said young men’s dreams will be killed because of the actions of a few persons who had too big an ego.

Griffith who has been very vocal about the ongoing issue between FIFA and the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) told AZPNews.com that the outcome was expected given that the former leaders of TTFA did not comply with FIFA’s regulations.

Griffith said, “It was an avalanche and it was expected because egos yet again set in. Unfortunately we have been suspended. The good thing about it, is that it has happened already. We need to move on and I say when you get lemons, you make lemonade. What this has done is that it revealed a lot of persons with egos and they were not looking at the bigger picture.

“People must not have selfish intentions when they go out in service of country and especially in a position like this.”

He said FIFA had to do what they needed to do, given the situation and there was still a silver lining.

Griffith said, “In the last few lines of that letter by FIFA, it gives us that window of opportunity where it states that the suspension can be lifted at any time. Now is the time that every single club, member, footballer fan must agree that the normalisation committee should have full control, to take over. Have the normalisation committee make the request to FIFA and have this suspension lifted immediately.”

The normalisation committee led by Robert Hadad was set up in March by FIFA.

He said, “We cannot be dream killers based on our own actions. We are speaking about hundreds of young men losing the opportunity to dream, to represent their country, to get opportunities, for contracts for scholarships. If this is not dealt with we are not going to get a cent from FIFA and I do not think that the government will want to put much into an organisation that is only going to be playing sports internally.

“You are definitely not going to get a cent from the private sector.  Football is going to collapse so there is nothing to gain. We saw these individuals so eager to win a battle at the expense of losing a war. Now is the time for us to move forward and do what is required.”

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2020, 01:57:10 PM »
Why the doom and gloom?
Face ent we just seized 22 mil before ah junior cop give it back?
 Think we could have pumped that into foot ball development  :cursing:

Wait nah
Is li,e he politricking tug be the new commissioner of TTFA?  Hahah well he go have Nuffield corruption yuh clean up dey too- then he could take on FIFA
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 01:59:32 PM by ABTrini »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2020, 03:12:13 PM »

So we suspended big deal????

Really?? FIFA owns football full stop!  This is the darkest day in TT football history.
so what I said it, big deal! our football was suspended since your fat friend took office. we were 49th when timkee was the boss and Stevie hart was coaching, and it seemed like we were on the mend, then your ugly overly ambitious fat friend came in and steam rolled the program firing hart and waldrum and implementing his crazy ideas by sending players all over the world to be embarrassed just so that he could collect match fees, a real pimp game if you ask me.

in his term the womens team suffered and for the first time in 25 yrs the under 23 team took a back seat missing out on Olympic qualifications. I remembered that clueless jackass beating his chest claiming that we would be in for a surprise just before the u15 tournament claiming that the team was his pet project and that’s where he exhausted all his efforts and resources, only to bum out getting trampled by every team they played.

so please sir, don’t come for me, because I think i have a right to vent my frustration just like anyone else. and just like you I have to live through this suspension, but I choose not to care anymore it’s like having bad kids, after so many screw ups you throw in the towel and look the other way.

I hope by now you know that trinidad is a problem child, and by being a supporter of anything trinidad you will get your heart broken. the heart wrenching part is that the place have so much potential, so much to offer the world, but it’s filled with problem children who can’t get it together.

I for one am happy that we got a break from all this madness, we don’t need to be in a tournament at this time either, our players are disenchanted and not focused on competitive football ATM, and instead we need to start build and preparing for the next 5 yrs.

we need a solid caring capable administration, we need solid sponsorship and equally solid development programs because our lads don’t even have good ball handling skills, and as it stands half our player could hardly dribble a ball 20 yards, nor control a ball at top speed with them having the ball glued to their boots.

our focus should be on developing a good youth league and a competitive pro league and forget rushing to go out there and be beaten by the usual suspects usa, Costa Rica, Mexico and honduras. let’s use this time to fix football instead off rushing to be seen.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 04:01:39 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2020, 03:14:25 PM »
We all know FIFA have their corruption issues but this rubbish lies squarely on TTFA.  How could an organization not pay coaches for months?  How could we send the women's team to Concacaf games in the US with $500?  Is that FIFA's fault? NO!  The deadline was 3pm but they submitted it at 3:23pm.  That was no accident, that was sending a message that they don't give **it about TT football and the FIFA (THE GOVERNING BOARD).  Until we find someone who is more interested in the health of the game in TT and not in personal gain, we are going to watch more countries succeed and surpass us.
ask fat boy shrek david john apulanius williams.

1]; } ?>