March 29, 2024, 06:35:31 AM

Author Topic: Head Coaches Available to Coach T&T Mens Sr Team?  (Read 4752 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Head Coaches Available to Coach T&T Mens Sr Team?
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 09:26:25 AM »
1- Richard Hart
2- Any MLS coach
3- COOPS
4-The Colombian who coached Honduras

any mls coach?  their coaching level that high or ours real low?

Get serious now...I'd rate many NCAA D 1 coaches above our professional coaches.  They are way more organized and take a far more holistic approach to the game than our coaches.  I think we suffer from inflated illusions when it comes to the quality of our coaching stock; we are mediocre at best.

Me doh know wha allyuh hypo bout coaches for...cause anybody could call ah name and produce merits fot the case, and none of dem hired, and all things remain the same...or even one get hired and all things remain the same, or a different unnamed get hired and all things remain the same or in all cases all things improve...and o on..and so on....right now Russel Latapy is the coach, and we should be discussing ways and methods of helping him and improvement of our team, regardless of wheter they listen or not...but ah gaurantee nobody go listen to when it come to whoever we the fans pick as coach...

anyway, the reason ah even bother topost in here is, the above hilited statement cyah be right..ah doh think anywhere else in the world anybody does play that NCAA brand, unlimited changes, always fresh legs, 90 miles an hour zigzag game....it is made for the US College crowd...and the coaches are good at it, they understand their environment, their charges, and they usually have their charges everyday for months,2/3 game ever weekend, dey do play with nobody else,them could only take a break to study,  i would say for me it easy to look good.

but this Brand not going to work in WC or even PFL for that matter, it probably won't even work in SSFL, cause it's a different game, the rules are not quite the same,, the playfield is different, the mentality is different....is like playing futsal& football, in my opinion

High light of Div1 finals
http://www.ncaa.com/allaccess/?media=158580

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 09:57:18 AM »
we need an entire revamp ...starting with de yutes. Yuh kyah change big men attitude overnight ..but young people could be taught to understand what the game is about ..

I remember a coach challenging a national team to score a goal ...he set up de team and put a goalkeeper in the opposing goal ...and he blew the whistle ...man knock back, then to de wing , den back again , den to the next wing , a few touches more den dey reach in front de goal ..a man decided to go it alone and he shot outside ..

.sounds good eh ..real knock ...except they were playing against no opposition ! It was one team vs a goalkeeper ,..see what I mean ? now how you go change dat mindset any day soon ?

We have this preoccupation with playing in a world cup ..and some even have us winning games there ..when we cant even keep a youth programme going . Look what has happened to the last youth team which performed creditably in the WC ...

it have too much mud in T&T football ...let's see how de Minister of works could fix dat ....he bringing in Dutch he say ..so I wait to see ...

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010, 10:38:21 AM »
1- Richard Hart
2- Any MLS coach
3- COOPS

Get serious now...I'd rate many NCAA D 1 coaches above our professional coaches.  They are way more organized and take a far more holistic approach to the game than our coaches.  I think we suffer from inflated illusions when it comes to the quality of our coaching stock; we are mediocre at best.

i not staying our local coaches on the same level as mls coaches but at the same time they are not that great where any one of them could be successful at the int'l level....the same goes for D1 coaches...if these D1 and MLS coaches were so good then the USA wouldn't be trying to get ppl like Klinsman.

They trying to become world class; we trying to become a respectable side.  Big gap betweeen world class and respectable.  Many of our local pro coaches wouldn't coach at the top D1 schools.  Most of the top D1 coaches go abroad frequently on coaching exercises, have extensive scouting networks, and really treat this thing like it's a profession.  We lag behind in our approach to coaching.  We think it begins and end on the filed, and even on the filed, our sessions are stop and go, not fluent enough, not intense enough.

i get your point and understand your supporting argument but at the end of the day i don't think any D1 coach could be successful with our national team for 2 reasons...they accustom to structure/scouting networks/professionalism (which we don't have) and they don't have the clout like Beenhakker to stand up to Jack and do his own thing....most coaches will be Jack puppets (i.e. latas, maturana, etc.) or end up like Wim (fired).  Plus they still have to deal with grown men who can't trap ah ball or pass properly.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 12:06:16 PM »
1- Richard Hart
2- Any MLS coach
3- COOPS

i not staying our local coaches on the same level as mls coaches but at the same time they are not that great where any one of them could be successful at the int'l level....the same goes for D1 coaches...if these D1 and MLS coaches were so good then the USA wouldn't be trying to get ppl like Klinsman.

They trying to become world class; we trying to become a respectable side.  Big gap betweeen world class and respectable.  Many of our local pro coaches wouldn't coach at the top D1 schools.  Most of the top D1 coaches go abroad frequently on coaching exercises, have extensive scouting networks, and really treat this thing like it's a profession.  We lag behind in our approach to coaching.  We think it begins and end on the filed, and even on the filed, our sessions are stop and go, not fluent enough, not intense enough.

i get your point and understand your supporting argument but at the end of the day i don't think any D1 coach could be successful with our national team for 2 reasons...they accustom to structure/scouting networks/professionalism (which we don't have) and they don't have the clout like Beenhakker to stand up to Jack and do his own thing....most coaches will be Jack puppets (i.e. latas, maturana, etc.) or end up like Wim (fired).  Plus they still have to deal with grown men who can't trap ah ball or pass properly.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2020, 07:46:53 AM »
people we just cyar make a request for any and any coach just so. How could we say we want ah European, or African coach just so..... I think there are other mitigating factors to consider rather than the coach's ethnicity.

Unbiased/objectivity will be one of those qualities

Better yet what do we want to see in a coach for our national program?

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=18636.0

We stilleh  getting this right

1]; } ?>