April 20, 2024, 04:47:54 AM

Author Topic: TTFF LINKS UP WITH KNVB ACADEMY  (Read 6163 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFF LINKS UP WITH KNVB ACADEMY
« on: February 06, 2007, 07:20:42 PM »
TTFF LINKS UP WITH KNVB ACADEMY 
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation is currently conducting a “D” license coaching course in the HMS Prisons for Inmates and technical director Lincoln Phillips is anticipating a hectic schedule of activities for the 2007 season.

And on top of it all, the TTFF will be working with officials of the Dutch Football Federation. According to Phillips, three seminars and two license courses will be conducted by the Dutch Federation’s KNVB Academy.

Apart from other courses, the Dutch will conduct courses in May which will be opened to both Pro League and Regional Association coaches.

“This is a great opportunity for us to feed off the Dutch. We had a Dutch coach takes us to our first ever World Cup in 2006 and now we have a Dutchman who is head coach of our national team with an assistant from Holland as well. It is only right that we continue to develop our football by making further use of them and in that way we have encouraged these courses with the KNVB academy which we hope will take us forward,” Phillips stated. (February 6, 2007)

« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 07:34:03 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF LINKS UP WITH KNVB ACADEMY
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 07:24:53 PM »
Have to say....Lincoln have serious respeck from me.

All de shit does be goin dong....he name get drag thru mud...he position get marginalized to say de least and de man still dey pluggin away, takin de high road and doin he bess fuh T&T.

Massive respeck due sah!!  :salute: :applause:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 07:45:01 PM »
Phillips heart is always with T&T. He needs more support though and once Corneal and Gorden there, he dead...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 07:49:09 PM »
Lincoln's vision has always been to keep ALL T&T teams in constant training, but most ah de teams eh even had ah coach assigned so dem couldn't train.

additionally he has always wanted to develop a strong and well trained cadre of local coaches at all levels grassroots through professional ranks.

He seemed to have been stymied at all corners and ah feel ah know who does poison Jack against Lincoln, passing dey borse misinformation.

de TTFF did suspend lIncoln and accuse de man ah fraud...but he apparently come up smelling like roses...now he continues to plug away.

Kudos to a true patriot.

Sam yuh eh lie bredda....anton, alvin Groden and ...?????????

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 08:24:59 PM »
Can anybody confirm what his(Lincoln's) position is at all!!!??? Is he back to TD?
Two islands are better than one.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 09:00:59 PM »
Can anybody confirm what his(Lincoln's) position is at all!!!??? Is he back to TD?

He is still the TD and works under the Ministry of Sports. He has an incredible plan for the future of T&T football, and this is just the tip of the iceburg. Much more to come, but you can see he is starting with the training of coaches..."better coaches make better players".
Yes!!! I know we have talent, but talent is like a genie in a bottle, you need a master with the right touch and the right words to get the talent to perform at it's maximum potential.
The TD's plan is to educate the coaches as to how to really train and develop players to play at the highest level.
Please let us give him all the support we can...the combined strength of the masses in a collective effort can tear down any stronghold that is standing in the way of rightous progress.
GOD BLESS T&T
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 09:07:42 PM »
1. HMS Prisons for Inmates? What's that? In any event, bravo for providing the opportunity to men behind bars.

2. Glad to see an initiative extend outside of UK/US expertise.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 09:13:35 PM »
buh trini wah ah doh overstan how can dey TTFF charge lincoln wid fraud and dey have ah ball head man dey he doz spell FRAUD wid capital letters and they cant do he nottin. what ah shame, dey should not even mention the word .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

TrinInfinite

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 09:40:02 PM »
when yuh talk 2 lincoln, you could feel de love de man have for he nation and our football, if only de ttff admin could speak dat way about our football and do de right ting, LP in a class by himself, vision fuh days and has a great eye for talent and progress, if its one man who really could revive our football at all levels, LP is de man...

God is de BOSS...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 12:48:45 AM »
when yuh talk 2 lincoln, you could feel de love de man have for he nation and our football, if only de ttff admin could speak dat way about our football and do de right ting, LP in a class by himself, vision fuh days and has a great eye for talent and progress, if its one man who really could revive our football at all levels, LP is de man...

God is de BOSS...

One of the few times I agreee with you whole heartedly.  ;D :beermug:

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 05:26:51 AM »
Lincoln will always have my support...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 05:41:15 AM »
BIG UP LINCOLN PHILLIPS! And Wim probably deserve some props too. TT doh kill meh..I eh stirring the jeps nest, but I sincerely believe that Wim had to have some involvement in Darryl Roberts being scouted by a Dutch team and now the TTFF cultivating a relationship with the KNVB...it's too much of a coincidence. Even Lincoln alludes to it when he mentions that the TTFF 'making use of them' in cultivation of the relationship with the KNVB. This is not about whether Wim is a good coach or not, or about who like him and who doesn't. I just notice that we giving props where it is due and as far as I see either Wim, and maybe even Beenie had to have a big hand in making this contact and one if not both of them deserve some props too. Hopefully it will grow into something meaningful. It's a start...

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »

He is still the TD and works under the Ministry of Sports. He has an incredible plan for the future of T&T football, and this is just the tip of the iceburg. Much more to come, but you can see he is starting with the training of coaches..."better coaches make better players".
Yes!!! I know we have talent, but talent is like a genie in a bottle, you need a master with the right touch and the right words to get the talent to perform at it's maximum potential.
The TD's plan is to educate the coaches as to how to really train and develop players to play at the highest level.
Please let us give him all the support we can...the combined strength of the masses in a collective effort can tear down any stronghold that is standing in the way of rightous progress.
GOD BLESS T&T

OK Thanks Man.

I'm not playing Devil's Advocate here, but I see plenty man giving Lincoln props. I realize him and TTFF had a little falling out, but, I need to see more from Lincoln than just talk. Since how long he has been TD this is not the first MAYBE concrete development project? (Correct me if I am wrong I believe there was some other coaching thing last year).
I want to see Concrete steps toward young player development, our real problem. Then I can say he wukkin'

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 09:29:00 AM »

GOD BLESS T&T

OK Thanks Man.

I'm not playing Devil's Advocate here, but I see plenty man giving Lincoln props. I realize him and TTFF had a little falling out, but, I need to see more from Lincoln than just talk. Since how long he has been TD this is not the first MAYBE concrete development project? (Correct me if I am wrong I believe there was some other coaching thing last year).
I want to see Concrete steps toward young player development, our real problem. Then I can say he wukkin'

Yuh ever wuk for ah manager who, at every possible juncture, does his utmost to stifle your creativity or extinguish your seeds before they could grow?

Not saying that that is the case, but it sure sounds like it. So it may not be for lack of effort on LP's part.
Toujour Pret!

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 09:34:50 AM »

GOD BLESS T&T

OK Thanks Man.

Player development does not fall under his purview.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 09:39:32 AM »

GOD BLESS T&T

OK Thanks Man.

Yuh ever wuk for ah manager who, at every possible juncture, does his utmost to stifle your creativity or extinguish your seeds before they could grow?

Not saying that that is the case, but it sure sounds like it. So it may not be for lack of effort on LP's part.
Yuh could be right my brother..in fact you probably are right. Still, would like to see something..ANYTHING...about player development.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 09:40:54 AM »

GOD BLESS T&T

OK Thanks Man.

Hmmmmm........Yuh throw mi for a loop there Doc. If not him then who suppose to encourage that boy?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 10:02:16 AM »
Great!  I think that the Dutch philosophy is one of the most adaptable styles of play.  Hence the reason Dutch coaches are in so much demand globally.  AS I will continue to say:  Wim is the coach, but he is not being aided by the sub-standard level of coaching that players receive before they get to international football.  That blame has to go on the shoulders of the local coaches, and this is a good start.  Grassroots coaching in Trinidad MUST improve, if the level of play of our local leagues is to improve. Men seem to forget that international coaches only get the players for a few days before games.  How much change and correction can they possibly implement in that short space of time.  Bad habits hard to break, especially those cultivated from young. 

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 10:30:51 AM »

GOD BLESS T&T

OK Thanks Man.

Hmmmmm........Yuh throw mi for a loop there Doc. If not him then who suppose to encourage that boy?

Breds...somebody posted a document a while back that Jack Warner had actually presented. It detailed who was responsible for what and what certain plans were for the National Teams at all age groups..etc. I eh go lie..I doh remember the details, but in the plan it was ultimately decided that Lincoln Phillips would be relieved of some of his previous responsibilities. But the man soldiers on. Respek to him for not getting frustrated and firing the work. It is obvious the man really love T&T ball and doing what he could with the limited resources and possibly limited support afforded to him by some parties

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 10:37:03 AM »

GOD BLESS T&T

OK Thanks Man.

I think Anton is in charge of youth development. He is also the U-17 Head coach, so other development issues may be on the back burner. It may be that he doesn't yet have a plan of approach, or nothing gets done until he can find the time to do it himself. :devil:
Live large and prosper!

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2007, 12:14:52 PM »

GOD BLESS T&T

OK Thanks Man.

I think Anton is in charge of youth development. He is also the U-17 Head coach, so other development issues may be on the back burner. It may be that he doesn't yet have a plan of approach, or nothing gets done until he can find the time to do it himself. :devil:

Well there is always more to the situation than we can tell. LP has a wholistic approach to developing the game in T&T; starting with the coaches at all levels from grassroots upwards. Anton and LP were assigned to put the player development plan in action and some things are being done, but there are also nuff roadblocks over petty stuff.
You can have all the plans in the world, but if JW :devil: does not give it his "blessings" (he don't really have the power to BLESS), then things come to a standstill.
"Blessed are the pure at heart" and that is where LP is going to succeed because his heart is in the right place, not for himself, but for T&T football as a whole.
The power of 1 :devil: can be toppled by the LOVE of many; if WE love T&T football, then let US support the man who has his heart in the righ place, even though things seem to be going slow right now.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFF coaching symposium with Dutch FA starts on Wednesday.
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 06:38:56 AM »
TTFF coaching symposium with Dutch FA starts on Wednesday.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

This Wednesday will see the start of a three advance coaching Symposiums being hosted by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation in conjunction with the Royal Netherlands Football Association (KNVB) at the Marvin Lee Stadim, Centre of Excellence.
The symposium, as explained by TTFF Technical Director Lincoln Phillips are earmarked for youth coaches (persons involved with youth players 7-11 years), junior coaches (persons involved with players 12-19 years) and Senior and professional coaches. A host of coaches, including past national players have already been confirmed to  participate.
The symposium will be conducted by Nico Labohm, KNVB staff instructor and Kenneth Jaliens, another KNBV instructor.
This collaborative effort which also includes the Sport Company of Trinidad and Tobago  represents a quantum leap in the TTTFF coaching education program spear led by Phillips. Each Symposium will focus on age-specific training for coaches at each level of participation: Youth/Primary School age; Club/Secondary School age; and, adult/Professional level. The curricula for each Symposium has been carefully designed to address the specific technical/tactical needs relative to Trinidad & Tobago football players.
“At the end of the program 108 T&T coaches will be exposed to the cutting edge of football training by the KNVB, reputed to be the World’s No.1 training Academy,” Phillips told TTFF Media as he noted the importance of following through on the success of the Soca Warriors led by Dutch coach Leo Beenhakker while current national senior team coach Wim Rijsbergen and assistant Jan Van Deinsen are also from the Dutch system.
Phillips further added that during the three symposiums, three local coaches will be chosen to assist the Dutch coaches with the respective sessions. This will ensure that our coaches are exposed to methods of conducting these courses when the Dutch coaches are gone. The first symposium for youth coaches runs from May 9-13, the second for junior coaches from May 5-19 and the third for seniors runs from May 21-25.

The main objectives of the symposiums will be:

To expose T&T coaches in developing the best practices methods for players of all levels of development in the areas of:
Ball Position, Speed of Play, Penetration, Finishing and Defending. It will also be aimed at establishing a cadre of talented certified coaches in preparation for national selection, to develop in our coaches all the other aspect of  coaching such as:
Psychology of Coaching; Team Management; Match Analysis; Physical Fitness; Care & prevention of Injuries:
To provide a continuous flow of highly qualified and certified coaches. All coaches will receive a KNVB Participation Certificate along with work books at the end of the symposiums.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 06:41:48 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Super League to host Royal Dutch Football Association courses
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2018, 08:12:53 PM »
Super League to host Royal Dutch Football Association courses
ttsuperleague.com

As part of its Education Programme, the Trinidad and Tobago Super League (TTSL) will host two coaching education activities in May.

TTSL is pleased to announce that the world renowned Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB) will visit Trinidad to deliver, 1) a seminar for advanced coaches (11 – 13 May) and 2) a course for youth and community coaches (14 – 18 May) that includes a Life Skills component. Included in the three-man contingent of KNVB instructors will be world football icon Johan Neeskens.

TTSL has invited coaches from all sectors of TTFA – grassroots to professional – to participate. Interested coaches are advised to urgently contact TTSL at: ttsuperleague@gmail.com, or at 327-9543.

TTSL very much anticipates hosting both the KNVB and local coaches as we move Trinidad and Tobago football forward.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2021, 04:04:54 PM »
T&T coaches sign partnership with Dutch football
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian).

The National Football Coaches of T&T (NFCTT) and the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB) have formed a partnership with the hope of bringing benefits to local coaches in the long term.

This was announced by NFCTT interim president and former goalkeeper Jefferson George, at a media briefing held at the St James Youth Facility, Fort George Road, St James on Wednesday.

In announcing the partnership George said, "It has been one of our mandates to provide more coaching opportunities for our members and we have been able to get on board with the KNVB to facilitate those sessions."

An upbeat George, a former W Connection goalkeeper and T&TEC head coach added, "We will be starting as early as April with three workshops/seminars and this is the start of a relationship between the NCTT and the KNVB."

"The KNVB is no stranger to T&T football as they have been on and off with us over the last ten to 15 years and they are an excellent resource for coaching education, trainers, and physiotherapists.

"They have exported a number of successful coaches to top the top leagues and top countries all over the world and we are extremely excited to have them partnering with us in the project.

According to former Fatima College coach Wayne Sheppard, the interim first vice-president of NFCTT the partnership formed with the KNVB is to have coaching education available to them and by extension coaches in T&T.

He said, "This has always been one of our aims and one of a number of things we have targeted to have delivered to coaches in T&T and one of the benefits of joining the NFCTT.

"Some of the benefits that will be on offer to the local coaches include Group Insurance for coaches.

“We found that coaches have been working unprotected out in the field and we want to make sure that coaches have a safety net and a sort of comfort in case of any unforeseen circumstances.

"The coaching education partnership with the KNVB is just one aspect of it as there are other aspects that we are pursuing and at the end of the day what we have identified is that for our football to go forward the coaching education and coaching understanding, the approaches and methodologies have to improve.

So we are taking the lead on having these opportunities for advance education made available to coaches.

Another initiative being offered to the local coaches will be legal advice which Sheppard described as yet another benefit that the NFCTT hopes to offer.

Sheppard explained, “We can’t offer legal representation right now sorry, but legal advice is surely something that we plan to offer

For too long and too often we have heard of stories of coaches signing agreements with clubs, and somewhere along the line the terms of employment changes to the detriment of the coach.

A lot of the coaches don’t know their rights, don’t understand what needs to be done and as a body, we will be there to ensure that coaches can bring their contracts, have it looked at, understand what they are signing and understand what are the circumstances that the contract can be voided or changed."

"Job placement is another aspect because we have in T&T a number of coaches and very few jobs and we are looking to partner with the Ministry of Sports, Sports Company of T&T and those entities to run programs wherein the communities we can get coaches from the communities coaching in the communities.

"So it's not only about a job and job placement but it also speaks to that social partnering that may help to alleviate some of the social issues that we have in areas of T&T.

"A coach as I have always said is also a teacher, and a coach coming from the community can only augur well for the young men and young women in that particular community.

"We also want to have an annual Coaches Convention where we as a coaching fraternity can come and exchange ideas where we have coaches from the top-level, national teams, and Pro League interacting with the coaches who are just starting and operating at the community level.

In that way, we will have an exchange of ideas and easy access to people who have been doing the job for a while, because a lot of coaches when they are starting don’t have that mentor to guide them, but luckily for me, I had Hayden Martin who I was able to learn from.

"By bringing that together it will also allow us the opportunity to attract vendors where coaches can invest in equipment at wholesale prices and give us the opportunity to partner with clubs to create a real coaching fraternity and for us to move forward in a unified direction.

George added, "Already up and running was the NFCTT’s Welfare programme which was started in 20202.

“We all know that 2020 was very challenging and for coaches who make their living through coaching it was no different, but we were able to distribute some hampers through our Welfare Programme of the NFCTT because there are a lot of coaches over the landscape of T&T who would have found themselves on hard times for one reason or another and we were pleased that we were able to be able to distribute some hampers to them, " he ended.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2021, 04:30:28 PM »
Bravo. :applause: Sensible synergy.

1]; } ?>