March 28, 2024, 11:05:29 PM

Author Topic: Thread for USA vs T&T Game (31-Jan-2021)  (Read 21819 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for USA vs T&T Game (31-Jan-2021)
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2021, 06:32:19 AM »
Players with a point to prove on both sides, might be a good game

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2021, 09:54:31 AM »
Team leaving thursday to.head orlando

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2021, 11:03:08 AM »
i don't understand why some people criticizing us playing the US because "we go get pulverize". If we had made arrangements with a Caribbean team, "We cyah get a better opponent". If the team get pulverized, so what ? This is a friendly. What do you want Fenwick to do ? We asking for the TTFA to do something. Now they do something, and allyuh complaining.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2021, 11:49:07 AM »
I'm happy that these players have their names in the conversation: Denzil Smith, Triston Hodge, Shannon Gomez and Justin Sadoo.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2021, 12:54:39 PM »
Team leaving thursday to.head orlando

Interesting

Squad been named?

saw this as well
Seems Canada had to pull out of a friendly vs the US this week/weekend

https://www.tsn.ca/covid-19-scare-prompts-cancellation-of-canada-u-s-soccer-scrimmage-in-florida-1.1581869?fbclid=IwAR1ExBrhFAE6UgGJpAokk50VGCGQwRS2BXmob9Qb3HTr_1R7y2KEqiVbGfE

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2021, 01:00:04 PM »
I'm happy that these players have their names in the conversation: Denzil Smith, Triston Hodge, Shannon Gomez and Justin Sadoo.

Yes, I am glad for any good U-23 player who made the team. I was clamouring for this Sadoo yute. I just hope he makes the best of a real trying situation. I would have real like to see Papi Emmanuel on that team. But I do wonder about the strength of our mid-field though.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 01:03:07 PM by Deeks »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2021, 06:14:22 PM »
Fenwick accepts difficult USA challenge.
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian).

'Bring It On', has been the call by national coach Terry Fenwick to his United States of America (USA) counterparts when the two football teams meet in an international friendly encounter on Sunday at the Exploria Stadium in Orlando, Florida, USA from 8 pm.

The match will serve as preparation for both teams ahead of the FIFA World Cup Qualifiers, the CONCACAF Gold Cup, as well as the CONCACAF Nations League. But despite the similarities on the field for the next few months, however, Fenwick's task will be much more severe, having to initiate the start of a non-functional T&T Pro and Super Leagues, while at the same, attempt to get the Soca Warriors back on the world map where football is concerned.

The Soca Warriors will be without the experience services of midfielders Kevin Molino and Joevin Jones, both of who have opted out.

Last week coach Fenwick had told the media the two players are home on vacation and he respect that since they had a very tough season in the Major Soccer League (MLS).

Realistically, it will be a battle of David versus Goliath, the all familiar song that Fenwick, at a press briefing at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Balmain Couva admitted to yesterday, saying: "We know we will be up against it, but at some stage, T&T has got to get back on the map. We've got to be playing against the best in the region, and that's my intention so let's get us back to where we should be."

The USA has already named a 25-man roster for the match, which came from a list of 12 senior team players and 26 Under-23s who began training on January 9 at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida. Their team will be led by US international striker Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC) and Chris Mueller (Orlando City).

However, Fenwick is yet to name his final travelling team but, like the US, his will be a young one also, and will comprise players whose only form of football action, has been the national team training which started rated. The English-born coach has also identified some 25 players from the UK and the USA, who he told the media yesterday, he is dying to see to determine what quality they may have to add to his squad, ahead of the World Cup qualifiers that starts with a clash against Guyana on March 25.

Despite T&T's young squad, Fenwick has side-stepped the likes of Anguilla for a warm-up, choosing instead the USA as he wants to be taken seriously. He reminded the media that the American players are playing for some of the biggest clubs in the world presently.

Fenwick will pin his hopes on some two or three senior players

The T&T team will leave on Thursday, and yesterday they were set to undergo a COVID-19 test to be followed by a period of quarantine at the Home of Football. The team will travel to Guyana where they will catch an adjoining flight to take them to Miami, USA. And there, they will be taken by bus to the hotel where they will be joined by the overseas-based players.

Dr Mario John, a former QRC goalkeeper will meet the T&T team in the US and will take them through all safety procedures.

Trinidad and Tobago Training Squad

Goalkeepers (3): Marvin Phillip, Adrian Foncette, Denzil Smith;

Defenders (9): Alvin Jones, Shannon Gomez, Justin Garcia, Jamal Jack, Daniel Cyrus, Jesse Williams, Josiah Trimmingham, Jelani Peters, Triston Hodge;

Midfielders (5): Michel Poon-Angeron, Matthew Woo Ling, Duane Muckette, Justin Sadoo, Jabari Mitchell;

Attackers (6): Hashim Arcia, Gary Griffith III, Sean Bonval, Shackiel Henry, Brent Sam, Marcus Joseph.

United States Training Squad (Club, Caps/Goals)

Goalkeepers (3): Matt Freese (Philadelphia Union; 0/0), JT Marcinkowski (San Jose Earthquakes; 0/0), Matt Turner (New England Revolution; 0/0);

Defenders (9): Julian Araujo (LA Galaxy; 1/0), George Bello (Atlanta United FC; 0/0), Kyle Duncan (New York Red Bulls; 1/0), Aaron Herrera (Real Salt Lake; 0/0), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 18/3), Mauricio Pineda (Chicago Fire FC; 0/0), Miles Robinson (Atlanta United FC; 2/0), Sam Vines (Colorado Rapids; 2/0), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC; 13/2);

Midfielders (7): Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids; 24/2), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 17/4), Benji Michel (Orlando City SC; 0/0), Andrés Perea (Orlando City SC; 0/0), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 19/0), Tanner Tessmann (FC Dallas; 0/0), Jackson Yueill (San Jose Earthquakes; 8/0);

Attackers (6): Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC/CAN; 115/42), Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 34/6), Daryl Dike (Orlando City SC; 0/0), Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas; 1/0), Jonathan Lewis (Colorado Rapids; 6/0), Chris Mueller (Orlando City SC; 1/2).

« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 06:19:30 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2021, 08:18:12 PM »
The silence is unnerving..... ??? ??? ???

Ah feel sthg brewing with that squad announcement
smh

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2021, 06:48:01 AM »
Youths to get first preference.
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday).

THE T&T men’s senior football team will be selected by coach Terry Fenwick on Wednesday.

A burst of youthful talent is favoured to dominate the 23-man unit as they gear up for their first international match, in over 13 months, against the USA on January 31, at Exploria Stadium in Orlando, Florida.

The team complete their two-day quarantine at the Home of Football in Couva, on Wednesday, and depart en route to Orlando on Thursday. They will fly to Guyana and then to Miami. From there, the squad have an over two-hour coach ride to their hotel in Orlando.

“We’re brand new. We’re young. I’ve got two or three players in the squad that give me a little bit of experience and that are older. My starting XI will be quite young. But they’ve been working hard,” Fenwick said before Tuesday’s training session at Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva.

The former English player sees the clash against USA as an important warm-up ahead of the squad’s opening World Cup qualifying match against Guyana on March 25. This game will be T&T’s first since Fenwick replaced Dennis Lawrence as men’s team coach in January 2020.

During his stay in the US, the national coach will link up with several foreign-based T&T players. Although he hasn’t seen them on the training ground, he will use this trip to have some one-on-one time with these players in an effort to find out what qualities they bring to the team.

“I have got a lot of belief and confidence in the young players that we’ve had in the last year. I am a big believer in what you put in is you get out and we’ve worked hard and we’re structured and well organised and we’re better than anything else on the island here and my priority is Guyana on March 26,” he added.

Fenwick sees the USA clash as a “big call” and it serves as his first match at the helm of T&T football. He quelled naysayers who describe his choice of opposition as “too tough” and said this was the chance that young players needed.

Throughout the pandemic and the now buried legal wrangling between FIFA and the TT Football Association during 2020, Fenwick scouted internationally for potentially younger prospects.

Fenwick communicated with over 325 T&T players over the past year and he believes the youth are key to T&T’s return to the competitive circuit.

“Guys that we have training with us on the ground now are the best of the bunch. They’ve done a terrific job. Fitness levels are very good and it’s a much younger squad than T&T have had for quite a while,” he said. The 61-year-old coach hails the US team as probably “the biggest brand in Concacaf football” and was unimpressed with the likes of returning to the competitive stage against lowly Anguilla.

All the players he will select have come through the national youth system and represented at various tournaments. According to him, T&T needs to look at world football, observe its evolution and place more emphasis on the younger bracket of footballers.

He again lamented that football has resumed, under strict covid19 guidelines, in several countries throughout the world, while T&T is yet to make a return. Fenwick pleaded for leniency for domestic football.

“We are still without TT Pro League and Super League football. There’s no football on the ground, not even schools football. It’s been horrible for the last 18 months but the rest of the world has been playing football, and indeed in the rest of the region local leagues are competing, and we’re not doing that in T&T,” he said.

He has, however, recognised 12 UK-based T&T players who cannot yet travel. It is his intent to get them to TT in time for the World Cup qualifiers to create a fusion of much-needed top quality players.

When the squad returns from the US, Fenwick is hoping to have a three-team tournament including two of the teams from the Caribbean region to play on local soil.

“We have to get on our feet again and find our way again. We’re hoping we can come back full of confidence. We know it might be difficult for us but we’ve got to stick together as a team on and off the field of play. We’ve got a wonderful passion and commitment and team spirit going on already and I want us all fighting together for the right reason,” he said.

While he is pleased with the support received so far, Fenwick hit out against those against the national team’s progression.

“We’ve trained all year and the only side that didn’t participate was La Horquetta Rangers that will not allow their players to play with the national team. That is the politicking that we’ve got going on in the background that people out there should know,” he closed.

RELATED NEWS

Fenwick hoping for something positive from USA friendly.
By Roger Seepersad (T&T Express).

JUST WHAT WE NEED

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior men’s football team head coach Terry Fenwick described the upcoming friendly against CONCACAF giants USA as just the starting point for himself and his players, hoping such exposure can get them accustomed to handling the big occasion, ahead of the World Cup qualifiers in March.

Fenwick has been at the helm of the national team for just over a year now and, on Sunday, he and the Soca Warriors will have their first taste of action when they take on the USA in Orlando, Florida. The game will be T&T’s first game with Fenwick as head coach and it will also mark the senior men’s team’s first outing in more than a year.

Fenwick took over the reins from Dennis Lawrence in 2019 but there was no football for the senior men’s team in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic, which is still a concern even with a return of sporting activities in 2021. T&T’s previous international fixture was against Honduras in the CONCACAF Nations League, in Sandro Pedro, in November 2019, which they lost 4-0.

The Soca Warriors will start their World Cup qualifying campaign in March against Guyana and Fenwick indicated that is the focus even as they gear up to face the USA this weekend.

“I have got a lot of belief and confidence in the young players that we’ve had in the last year. I am a big believer in what you put in is what you get out and we’ve worked hard, and we’re structured and well organised and we’re better than anything else on the island here and my priority is Guyana on the 26th of March,” Fenwick told the media ahead of a training session at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, yesterday.

“The USA is a big call. It’s a big starting position. It’s a big first game for me and for many of my players but we need to progress the game and we need to get our guys comfortable with the big occasion and it doesn’t get any bigger than this,” he added.

Fenwick is backing his players to make the most out of the opportunity, stating: “Some will say that we’re thrown these kids under the bus but what an experience it is for them to play their first game against the USA. We knew this was going to be a very big call and this was made thinking let’s get going with something that’s a huge brand.”

He continued: “It’s probably the biggest brand in CONCACAF football. I want our players to be taken seriously, so we’ve side-stepped the likes of Anguilla. I think they have been an embarrassment in the past. We recognise this is not going to be easy. The players we’re playing against are all structured and organised and have been in the national U-17 and U-20 sides and now they’re in the senior team.

“Many of the players who are the top-ranking players in the USA are under 23 and you guys have got to recognise that some of the main players for the USA today are playing for some of the biggest club sides in the world, so these guys have got to be taken seriously,” he pointed out.

Asked of his expectations for the match, Fenwick said he wants to see “something positive”, but noted that, “we’re playing against a top brand, top team... They’ve got excellent players. They’ve got quality in every position. We know we’re up against it but at some stage T&T have got to get back on the map. We’ve got to be playing against the best in the region and that is my intention. It is a big ask,” he conceded,

“We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to be organised, structured and have discipline about how we play and how we’re going out to upset them. My starting XI will be quite young…so it’s not going to be easy against the USA, but it is a starting position that I thought will get, not just my players and my staff technically up and running, but behind the scenes, more than everything, we need this game to smell the coffee and get the ball rolling again in T&T and I thought this would be the catalyst to do that.”

The T&T contingent was scheduled to be tested for Covid-19 yesterday before heading into a two-day quarantine at the Home of Football in Couva. They will continue training at the venue before leaving for the USA tomorrow. On arrival, the team will be tested every day during their stay in the US and will train twice a day in Orlando before Sunday’s game. The T&T team return home on February 1 and upon arrival will undergo seven days quarantine at the Home of Football.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 06:56:30 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2021, 02:04:41 PM »
Fenwick selects 24-man squad for USA friendly
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago Senior Men’s Team head coach Terry Fenwick has a selected a 24-man Squad to face the United States in an international friendly at Exploria Stadium in Orlando on Sunday January 31st.

Fenwick has included seven home-based players and 17 overseas-based players for T&T’s first International match of 2021.

Goalkeeper Marvin Phillip and Alvin Jones are the two most capped players in the squad with 78 and 27 appearances respectively.

Among the players earning first time call ups is 22-year-old US-born defender Michael DeShields. He was selected by D.C. United with the fifth overall pick in the Major League Soccer SuperDraft last Thursday. He was United’s second pick in the first round.

Also earning a first call is Canadian-based midfielder/full-back Federico Pena of Canadian Premier League club Valour FC. Pena appeared in six of Valour’s seven games at The Island Games in 2020, filling in at various different roles due to a number of injuries to his teammates.

Pena was born in Port of Spain and moved with his family in 2009 to Winnipeg, where he played much of his youth football. He made a brief trip overseas in 2017 to pursue a career in Europe, spending a year each in the academies of Belgian clubs KAA Gent and Standard Liège, before signing for Valour in April 2019.

Fenwick has also invited US-born player Jonathan Jimenez. The 23-year-old is currently with USL club Rio Grande Valley FC Toros which Jimenez appeared for USL League sides Lakeland Tropics in 2017 and Portland Timbers Under 23s during their 2018 and 2019 seasons.

Former National Under 17 and Under 20 defender Noah Powder who is attached to MLS club Real Salt Lake as well as former National Under 17 player Ajani Fortune of Atlanta United’s Academy have also been called up by Fenwick. All the overseas-based players will join the T&T squad in Orlando.

Northern Ireland-based duo Jesse Williams (18) and Gary Griffith III (18), Fortune (18) and Michel Poon Angeron, age 19, are among the teenagers in the squad.

Some members of the previous 2019 Gold Cup and Nations League squad that are in the current roster for the match include Phillip, goalkeeper Adrian Foncette, Alvin Jones, Duane Muckette, Neveal Hackshaw, Ryan Telfer and Andre Fortune.

Head Coach’s Comments

“It’s a great opportunity and experience for so many young players in Trinidad and Tobago who have not played competitive football for over a year. It’s a chance for them to make a name for themselves in a shop window. It’s a great opportunity for everybody involved,” Fenwick told TTFA Media on Wednesday.

“We have a few players from North America who we know are of a good quality playing in quality leagues but there is nothing like seeing them live and getting the chance to work them a bit on the training pitch. This will be the first time I am meeting them so I am looking forward to this. We have a new guy from Canada and it’s a great opportunity for him and us.

We need players of this calibre on our side. We also recognise that we have some wonderful players in the UK that can’t travel because of the cover but one step at a time we’ll try to fuse them with the quality that we have got on the ground here in Trinidad and Tobago.”

“Going into Orlando we’ll obviously try to prepare as best as possible under the circumstances while we are there a couple days before the match. We’ve had a some sessions here on the ground and it’s a case of putting everything together for a good showing. I have to mention the efforts of the Ministry of National Security, Health, the TTFA and everyone who’s put in the efforts to ensure we can get into our first international match of the year,” Fenwick added.

The team departs at 9:00am on Thursday and will be based in a bubble at the Omni Championsgate hotel. Following the match on January 31st, the team will stay a further two days at Omni before returning home on February 3rd and entering quarantine at the Home of Football in Couva.

Watch - National Team Looks Forward To Friendly Against USA

T&T Team Roster (Club; age; caps/goals)

Goalkeepers:

Adrian Foncette (Police FC/TRI; 32; 15/0), Marvin Phillip (Neroca FC/IND; 36; 80/0);

Defenders:

Neveal Hackshaw (Indy Eleven/USA; 25; 14/0), Noah Powder (Real Salt Lake/USA; 22; 0/0), Michael DeShields (DC United/USA; 22; 0/0), Leland Archer (Charleston Battery/USA; 25; 0/0), Josiah Trimmingham (Forward Madison FC/USA; 24; 1/0), Alvin Jones (Unattached; 26; 25/1), Federico Peña (Valour FC/CAN; 21; 0/0), Justin Garcia (Defence Force FC/TRI; 25; 1/0), Jesse Williams (Coleraine FC/NIR; 18; 0/0), Jamal Jack (CSD Sacachispas/GUA; 33; 2/0).

Midfielders:

Andre Fortune (North Carolina FC/USA; 24; 2/0), Duane Muckette (Memphis 901 FC/USA; 25; 5/0), Jonathan Jimenez (Unattached; 23; 0/0), Matthew Woo Ling (AC Port of Spain/TRI; 24; 2/0), Michel Poon-Angeron (Club Atlético Banfield/ARG; 19; 0/0), Ajani Fortune (Atlanta United II/USA; 18; 0/0), Hashim Arcia (Defence Force FC/TRI; 32; 13/1);

Forwards:

Jabari Mitchell (Police FC/TRI; 23; 0/0), Gary Griffith III (Coleraine FC/NIR; 18; 0/0), Ryan Telfer (York United FC/CAN; 26; 6/3), Brent Sam (Defence Force FC/TRI; 24; 0/0), Sean Bonval (Central FC/TRI; 24; 0/0).

Head Coach:

Terry Fenwick (ENG).

Technical Staff

Derek King - (Assistant Coach), Adrian Romain - (Manager), Basil Thompson - (Logistics/Safety and Compliance Manager), Dr Mario John - (Team Chief Medical Officer), Dr Akash Dhanai - (Team Doctor), Cassius Humphrey - (Fitness Coach), Sion Cane - (Massage Therapist/Physiotherapist), Michael Williams - (Kit Manager), Shaun Fuentes - (Head of Media/Communications).

USA Team Roster (Club; caps/goals)

Goalkeepers:

Matt Freese (Philadelphia Union/USA; 0/0), JT Marcinkowski (San Jose Earthquakes/USA; 0/0), Matt Turner (New England Revolution/USA; 0/0);

Defenders:

Julian Araujo (LA Galaxy/USA; 1/0), George Bello (Atlanta United FC/USA; 0/0), Kyle Duncan (New York Red Bulls/USA; 1/0), Aaron Herrera (Real Salt Lake/USA; 0/0), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls/USA; 18/3), Mauricio Pineda (Chicago Fire FC/USA; 0/0), Miles Robinson (Atlanta United FC/USA; 2/0), Sam Vines (Colorado Rapids/USA; 2/0), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC/USA; 13/2);

Midfielders:

Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids/USA; 24/2), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy/USA; 17/4), Benji Michel (Orlando City SC/USA; 0/0), Andrés Perea (Orlando City SC/USA; 0/0), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC/USA; 19/0), Tanner Tessmann (FC Dallas/USA; 0/0), Jackson Yueill (San Jose Earthquakes/USA; 8/0);

Forwards:

Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC/CAN; 115/42), Paul Arriola (D.C. United/USA; 34/6), Daryl Dike (Orlando City SC/USA; 0/0), Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas/USA; 1/0), Jonathan Lewis (Colorado Rapids/USA; 6/0), Chris Mueller (Orlando City SC/USA; 1/2).

Head Coach:

Gregg Berhalter (USA).

« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 03:52:08 PM by Flex »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2021, 02:37:49 PM »
This fenwick hmm no  justin  sadoo or Shannon Gomez,
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 02:42:34 PM by Trini _2022 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2021, 06:44:53 PM »
just glad no pulisic there to rack up a rugby scoreline. Good luck boys!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2021, 07:48:04 PM »
They paying a GK coach in Florida by the hour or will Marvin and Foncette be taking turns prepping each other? This doesn't strike me as a match to be cutting corners in the GK department.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2021, 07:51:31 PM »
The ascendancy of Williams and Griffiths III is ... meteoric.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2021, 07:54:26 PM »
Big change of the guard. We are in the Fenwick era now for better or for worse. Expect a hard running disciplined team that can hold its shape.

That is a hard, but necessary 1st match. MLS vs USL/ Unattached.  Nonetheless they will surprise people.

Good luck to the staff and players

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2021, 07:55:10 PM »

Not particularly surprising per se.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2021, 01:24:07 AM »
[/quotG

Griffith who could even be a starter on the last under 17 improve so much ????? .....nah.......
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2021, 01:25:11 AM »

Why you say that ....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2021, 04:05:18 AM »
There you guys go again calling for players who didn’t make the cut. maybe the coach wants to see who could cut it at this level against a top team in the confederation. who knows maybe he already seen gomez and hodges play against top competition at this level and didn’t see the need to include them in this exercise, but one thing’s for sure coach fenwick ain’t no dummy coach like dennis the menace. he will weed them out quick and in a hurry.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2021, 04:10:39 AM »
All we need now is a very good goalie, I can’t wait to see who will step in the save us from another stint of goal leaking marvin.

PS. It really angers me that this lad has never kept a clean sheet on a national level conceding 9 goals in the goal cup after only three games, and about 10 goals in the nation’s league. What the attraction with this bloke? he’s a bloody nightmare. get rid.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2021, 04:20:45 AM »

Griffith who could even be a starter on the last under 17 improve so much ????? .....nah.......

Ah didn't post that with a straight face. Perhaps this arrangement assists with their work permit bid.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2021, 04:25:27 AM »

Why you say that ....

Did not see this as a shoo-in situation.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2021, 04:37:05 AM »
There you guys go again calling for players who didn’t make the cut. maybe the coach wants to see who could cut it at this level against a top team in the confederation. who knows maybe he already seen gomez and hodges play against top competition at this level and didn’t see the need to include them in this exercise, but one thing’s for sure coach fenwick ain’t no dummy coach like dennis the menace. he will weed them out quick and in a hurry.

Agreed. Building a team in these circumstances involves factors other than who can play. This is also why coaches answer questions at media conferences to explain what they are at liberty to explain and the media ask thoughtful questions.

The questions to be asked are not difficult.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2021, 06:02:11 AM »
There are more Unattached players than what the squad list indicates:

• Marvin Phillip is without a club since July 2020.
  • Duane Muckette is without a club since his contract ended with Memphis 901 FC.
  • Ryan Telfer is without a club since his contract ended with York United.
  • Jamal Jack is without a club since he left CSD Sacachispas by mutual consent earlier this year.
  • Matthew Woo Ling was last played with AC Port of Spain in March 2020. Allyuh really feel he still under contract and getting paid?
  • Sean Bonval last played with Central FC in March 2020. Allyuh really feel he still under contract and getting paid?
  • Andre Fortune is not with North Carolina FC anymore. He is searching for a new club.
  • Jonathan Jiminez is without a club after his contracted ended with RGV Toros.
  • Gary Griffith and Jesse Williams have not signed a contract with Coleraine FC. They may sign one in the future, but as of now, they are not contracted players. If that was the case they would be in Northern Ireland all now.

On top of that, Michel Poon-Angeron and Michael DeShields have not played a minute of pro football. Ajani Fortune is an academy player. Telfer hasn't scored a goal since 2019. Peña is not a regular for Valour FC. Carry on!

Half the squad is uncapped, and a further six of them have five or less caps.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 06:30:16 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2021, 07:16:34 AM »
Look TM just helped the media with some questions. Too easy.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2021, 07:59:26 AM »
I will add this to the mix although I have a partial answer.

If Ranjitsingh is unattached, what inconvenienced his inclusion for the Florida squad?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 11:20:34 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2021, 10:52:58 AM »

Agreed. Building a team in these circumstances involves factors other than who can play. This is also why coaches answer questions at media conferences to explain what they are at liberty to explain and the media ask thoughtful questions.

We also have our individual opinions but I am a fan who played some football but I am not a coach, and as most people on this forum, never coached a team. I will trust Fenwick whether I like his picks or not and support my Warriors against all comers.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2021, 11:09:26 AM »

We also have our individual opinions but I am a fan who played some football but I am not a coach, and as most people on this forum, never coached a team. I will trust Fenwick whether I like his picks or not and support my Warriors against all comers.

Fully aboard.

There are lots of questions that receive answers based on their placement on this forum.

I see this squad selection as an opportunity. And, I would encourage up-front debate prior to the match because after the match a different fire will be bunnin.

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2021, 11:12:13 AM »
There are more Unattached players than what the squad list indicates:

• Marvin Phillip is without a club since July 2020.
  • Duane Muckette is without a club since his contract ended with Memphis 901 FC.
  • Ryan Telfer is without a club since his contract ended with York United.
  • Jamal Jack is without a club since he left CSD Sacachispas by mutual consent earlier this year.
  • Matthew Woo Ling was last played with AC Port of Spain in March 2020. Allyuh really feel he still under contract and getting paid?
  • Sean Bonval last played with Central FC in March 2020. Allyuh really feel he still under contract and getting paid?
  • Andre Fortune is not with North Carolina FC anymore. He is searching for a new club.
  • Jonathan Jiminez is without a club after his contracted ended with RGV Toros.
  • Gary Griffith and Jesse Williams have not signed a contract with Coleraine FC. They may sign one in the future, but as of now, they are not contracted players. If that was the case they would be in Northern Ireland all now.

On top of that, Michel Poon-Angeron and Michael DeShields have not played a minute of pro football. Ajani Fortune is an academy player. Telfer hasn't scored a goal since 2019. Peña is not a regular for Valour FC. Carry on!

Half the squad is uncapped, and a further six of them have five or less caps.

squad has 5 goals between them
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2021, 11:13:21 AM »
Woo ling running out with Defence Force whenever or if the pro league gets goin also Kevon Goddard and Rivaldo Coryat, Kadeem Gittens, Christopher Biggette (gk) Changai (gk) currently in recruit training along with Aaliyah Prince and Summer Arjoon of the female team THEY SHLD PASS out about May 

1]; } ?>