March 28, 2024, 02:31:14 AM

Author Topic: Thread for USA vs T&T Game (31-Jan-2021)  (Read 21790 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for USA vs T&T Game (31-Jan-2021)
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2021, 12:25:32 PM »
The boys are waiting on work permits still for NI, I do wonder if their call up is to help there - it would make a significant difference to their chances as they may appeal on the basis of it. Otherwise almost no chance of a work permit as they haven't played senior football and we are too low ranked for u21 appearances to carry them

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2021, 01:22:58 PM »
The boys are waiting on work permits still for NI, I do wonder if their call up is to help there - it would make a significant difference to their chances as they may appeal on the basis of it. Otherwise almost no chance of a work permit as they haven't played senior football and we are too low ranked for u21 appearances to carry them

Work permit to play in a league the level of our local league ...  :-\ Plus you have to earn your pic and the game Sunday will show it  b 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 01:41:31 PM by Trini _2022 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2021, 02:11:40 PM »

Work permit to play in a league the level of our local league ...  :-\ Plus you have to earn your pic and the game Sunday will show it  b 

Nothing odd about that. A work permit is needed to play in T&T. :)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2021, 05:47:10 PM »
The ascendancy of Williams and Griffiths III is ... meteoric.
[/quotG
The ascendancy of Williams and Griffiths III is ... meteoric.

Griffith who could even be a starter on the last under 17 improve so much ????? .....nah.......

The elephant in the room boss. The elephant in the room.  ;D ;D
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2021, 05:49:51 PM »
I understand not having a lot of dates and wanting to blood players on the periphery but when they are THAT inexperienced vs a team like the US at home..... :o

Would hvae been nice to Joevin and Molino on the squad, would have been less pressure on our defence for sure.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2021, 08:48:19 PM »

[/quote

True
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2021, 06:07:14 AM »
WATCH: Former National standout, Angus Eve, who coached alongside Terry Fenwick at San Juan Jabloteh gives his thoughts on the T&T squad selected to face USA in an International Friendly

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Xut4txJVtLQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Xut4txJVtLQ</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2021, 07:10:50 AM »
If required, that's the prosecution's opening statement. :P

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
USA vs. Trinidad & Tobago, 2021 friendly: Scouting Trinidad & Tobago
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2021, 10:53:18 AM »
USA vs. Trinidad & Tobago, 2021 friendly: Scouting Trinidad & Tobago
By Brendan Joseph (starsandstripesfc.com)

A busy 2021 opens with a familiar friendly opponent to finish the annual January Camp. The United States Men’s National Team is set to take on Trinidad & Tobago Sunday night at Exploria Stadium in Orlando, Florida. USMNT head coach Gregg Berhalter and U-23 head coach Jason Kreis held a joint camp in Bradenton, Florida with a large young group and a smaller MNT roster. After U-23 camp broke last weekend, Berhalter brought a combined group to Orlando for this match. Concerns about cancellation due to the COVID pandemic were assuaged, with the TTFA thanking the USSF “for their vigilance” and “quite extensive protocol.”

The United States has a 19-3-4 all-time record against the Soca Warriors. This is the Caribbean nation’s first match since November 2019, where they lost 4-0 to Honduras in the final round of CONCACAF Nations League Group C. Trinidad is in search of its second World Cup qualification after reaching the group stage in 2006. The country has struggled since then, falling in the 2014 second round and finishing last in two Hexagonals (2010 and 2018).

Trinidad begins the first round of 2022 World Cup qualifying in March, needing to finish first in their group to advance. Their opponents – Saint Kitts and Nevis, Guyana, Puerto Rico, and the Bahamas – should be easily dispatched, but there are no guarantees on the road to Qatar. Following a dismal third place finish in the last Nations League, the Soca Warriors must also defeat Montserrat and either Cuba or French Guiana to reach this summer’s Gold Cup.

Trinidad and Tobago is led by Terry Fenwick, who assumed the head coaching role in January 2020. His first official match will be this upcoming friendly. The former England international spent the majority of his career with Queens Park Rangers and Tottenham before moving into management. He is one of the most successful domestic club coaches, managing San Juan Jabloteh and Central FC, winning the TT Pro League four times.

Fenwick called in a tentative, ever-changing 24-player roster for the match against the United States, hopeful that additions would eventually be made from MLS. Six members are domestically based in the TT Pro League and eight compete with clubs in the United States. Several of the invitees have yet to make their senior international debut. The group is described as “the best possible players” that could be gathered due to COVID restrictions.

Goalkeepers (2): Marvin Phillip (Unattached), Adrian Foncette (Police FC)

Defenders (10): Alvin Jones (Unattached), Jesse Williams (Coleraine FC), Justin Garcia (Defence Force), Jamal Jack (Sacachispas), Leland Archer (Charleston Battery), Michael DeShields (DC United), Neveal Hackshaw (Indy Eleven), Josiah Trimmingham (Forward Madison), Noah Powder (Real Salt Lake), Federico Pena (Valour FC)

Midfielders (7): Michel Poon-Angeron (Club Banfield), Matthew Woo Ling (AC Port of Spain), Duane Muckette (Memphis 901 FC), Jabari Mitchell (Police FC), Ajani Fortune Jr (Atlanta United Academy), Jonathan Jimenez (Rio Grande Valley FC Toros), Andre Fortune (North Carolina FC)

Attackers (5): Hashim Arcia (Defence Force), Gary Griffith III (Coleraine FC), Sean Bonval (unattached), Brent Sam (Defence Force), Ryan Telfer (York United FC)

This is an inexperienced Trinidad squad, missing quite a few key players such as Khaleem Hyland, Daneil Cyrus, Kevin Molino, Joevin Jones, and Aubrey David. There currently is not a golden generation of youth, and the overall team is missing the firepower of past years. The new manager has had an entire year to work with his squad, preparing for the upcoming year and “going through 325 players.” According to Wired868, “with local leagues still dormant,” the national team has spent the past year “pummeling makeshift teams across the country… that are unable to train.” The coach received criticism for reportedly crushing opponents by a combined 33-0 margin in four matches, groups that were “asked to use players aged 16-21.”

Fenwick’s preferred lineup is difficult to predict as this is his first match in charge, although the Englishman is known to favor a 4-3-3. He’s described himself as “very flexible tactically“ and prone to “change formations during matches.” The manager will “tailor [his] plans to [the players’] strengths to bring quick success.” Going up against a regional power, Trinidad will likely play the best players to build chemistry in advance of qualifying.

Trinidad has two veteran goalkeepers competing for the number one role. Likely starter Marvin Phillip was with NEROCA F.C. in the I-League and has earned 80 caps with the national team. The 36-year-old played in Trinidad’s most recent match and started all four fixtures at the 2019 Nations League. His competition is Adrian Foncette, a 32-year-old currently with Police FC. American fans should remember the SUNY Albany graduate from his performance in the infamous 2018 World Cup qualifying match that saw the USMNT eliminated from contention.

Charleston Battery defender Leland Archer might make his debut at center back. The 25-year-old has been a regular for the USL Championship side. His partner could be Josiah Trimmingham, a 24-year-old ball-winning defender with Forward Madison FC that is dangerous on set pieces. Alternate options include Jamal Jack, Neveal Hackshaw, and Michael DeShields.

Confident in possession when accurately drilling long passes, Alvin Jones is an automatic selection at right-back. He was a key player in 2019 at the Nations League and Gold Cup. The left-back position appears open, but Noah Powder looks ready to stake his claim. The 22-year-old recently signed a deal with Real Salt Lake for the upcoming 2021 season.

Holding midfielder Andre Fortune has earned two caps with T&T, but he could be a key player during qualifying. He has already made 80 appearances at the club level with the Rochester Rhinos and North Carolina FC. His partner should be Jonathan Jiménez, a Florida native set to make his international debut. Michel Poon-Angeron, under contract with Club Banfield, could receive playing time. The 19-year-old turned heads at domestic camp and was retained for the friendly.

There are some interesting options available at attacking midfielder. Domestically based Hashim Arcia has 11 caps and performed well in recent friendlies. The 32-year-old pushes forward into the box, providing an additional scoring threat and finishing crosses. Both Matthew Woo Ling and Jabari Mitchell are inexperienced but pushing for a role in the program.

The winger position is perhaps the strongest part of this group. Ryan Telfer has earned six caps for Trinidad, scoring three goals. The York United attacker was a key player during the failed Nations League campaign. His wide partner could be Duane Muckette of Memphis 901, a sharp passer who is constantly working without the ball to find open space.

The striker position is a toss-up, but Brent Sam was prolific during Trinidad’s December camp. The Defence Force attacker scored six goals in four matches against the overmatched opponents. At 24, the trudging 6’3” attacker is capable of playing on the wing but at his best when receiving the ball deep in the final third.

The United States should run through this mismatched Trinidad side. The Soca Warriors have not played an official match in over a year due to the COVID pandemic and a seven-week FIFA suspension blocking out two international windows. Fenwick confessed he has yet to see his American-based call-ups on the training ground and noted his opponent’s “renowned, top, excellent players in their side,“ such as Jozy Altidore and Chris Mueller. The manager shared the federation is “taking a big gamble,” and the friendly is “a big step forward, maybe too early.” Once the dam bursts with a single goal, expect more to follow in rapid succession.

The match is scheduled for Sunday at 7:00 p.m. Eastern, 4:00 p.m. Pacific. Viewing options include FOX Sports 1, TUDN, UniMás, and Fubo TV (free trial).

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2021, 11:15:33 AM »
Match will be available locally on WESNCC
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2021, 06:24:53 PM »
Liverpool monitor USMNT, NY Red Bulls defender Long - sources

New York Red Bulls defender Aaron Long has caught the attention of English Premier League giants Liverpool with an eye towards taking the defender on loan, multiple sources have told ESPN.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2021, 09:53:11 PM »
WATCH: The arrival of the Trinidad and Tobago Senior Men's team in Orlando and their first day of training ahead of Sunday's International Friendly against the United States.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bj5cdtK-OUc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bj5cdtK-OUc</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2021, 01:13:52 AM »
who's that bloke in the #3 jersey?

fenwick screaming his lungs out, i hope they pay heed to his instructions.

by the way i'm so happy to see so many new faces in the squad, i have always maintained that a purge once in a while is vey healthy for a team's success.

i would surly like to see marvin phillip being thoroughly purged from this team, it's been 12 long years of this reckless goalie and wouldn't mind never seeing him ever and ever again, in or around the team. what a nightmare he is.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2021, 03:21:46 AM »

by the way i'm so happy to see so many new faces in the squad, i have always maintained that a purge once in a while is vey healthy for a team's success.

i would surly like to see marvin phillip being thoroughly purged from this team, it's been 12 long years of this reckless goalie and wouldn't mind never seeing him ever and ever again, in or around the team. what a nightmare he is.

White jersey #3 was Hashim Arcia. Red shirt #3 was Peña. Dahis my read.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2021, 07:45:47 AM »

I know Hashim that lanky dud who botched that goal in costa rica. I was talking about the light skin bloke, I like this new team, the lads look very interested in game, unlike those premadonnas who has been representing us for the last 10 years. waste of blasted time.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2021, 07:53:56 AM »
Dropping another Q.

Which T&T player has seen the "fly on the wall" view of the US NT coach's match prep?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2021, 08:15:17 AM »

I know Hashim that lanky dud who botched that goal in costa rica. I was talking about the light skin bloke, I like this new team, the lads look very interested in game, unlike those premadonnas who has been representing us for the last 10 years. waste of blasted time.

In my view, that match was an inflexion point in our football. I honestly feel that DL would have gone on to deliver more had that match gone our way. And I say that as someone who has critiqued DL. And I say that excluding the fact that KJ wasn't available for that match (a huge blow).

Coaches like Arcia. He's a precise passer of the ball. I don't find him to have demonstrated edge and conviction in his play. Fenwick's taste may insist on some things doh.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 10:04:23 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2021, 10:33:42 AM »

In my view, that match was an inflexion point in our football. I honestly feel that DL would have gone on to deliver more had that match gone our way. And I say that as someone who has critiqued DL. And I say that excluding the fact that KJ wasn't available for that match (a huge blow).

Coaches like Arcia. He's a precise passer of the ball. I don't find him to have demonstrated edge and conviction in his play. Fenwick's taste may insist on some things doh.
about Dennis going on to deliver more, nah mate. in all honesty dennis had us all fooled when in fact it was actually sol campbell and his assistant who had the team well organized and playing constructive football.

I came to that conclusion based on the fact that after sol and his assistant left and went back to England and Dennis was left on his own with stern and Stuart charles picking up the slack, the team stated crumbling and slid to an all time low never winning another game until anguilla.

how could you go from beating the USA with a B.team almost beating mexico in Mexico and giving Costa Rica hell on their home turf, to losing out  to martinique in the nations league and struggling against guyana? that just does not add up, it just doesn’t.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 10:39:21 AM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2021, 10:49:48 AM »
As for those local based players, this would be my measuring stick to gauge these local lads. if you’re 25 yrs old and still playing in the pro league never leaving the country to play any where else, you should not be allowed to play for the national team.

I remember years ago a Mexican coach refused to use players who played in the MLS, he claimed that the league was poor and those players were not up to par, and who could blame him. I think the same criteria hound be used for TT players. you play in a shatty league be local in Asia, then you can’t represent us.

you haven’t kicked a ball all season and can’t make it off the bench, then the same rules apply. we need to challenge these lads to raise the bar on their performance, as it stands they have it way to easy. there must be heavy competition for spots on the team let them earn their pick.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 10:51:24 AM by pull stones »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2021, 04:41:52 PM »
Fenwick adds 8 N/American players to T&T squad; no space for Cyrus and ‘Lobo’.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Senior Team head coach Terry Fenwick introduced three fresh faces into the player pool today as he selected a 24-man squad to face the United States in an international friendly in Orlando on 31 January.

Defenders Michael DeShields and Federico Pena and midfielder Jonathan Jimenez will all join the Soca Warriors set-up for the first time, after being invited to meet the squad in the US. All three are based in North America.

Eighteen-year-old Atlanta United academy player Ajani Fortune, who represented Trinidad and Tobago at the Concacaf 2019 Under-17 Championship, is also in line for his first taste of senior international football along with versatile 22-year-old Real Salt Lake flanker Noah Powder and Charleston Battery defender Leland Archer.

Otherwise, Fenwick recalled Indy Eleven utility player Neveal Hackshaw and York United FC forward Ryan Telfer to strengthen his squad. Hackshaw last represented the Warriors during the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup, while Telfer played in Trinidad and Tobago’s Nations League campaign.

They join the likes of Michel Poon-Angeron, Brent Sam, Sean Bonval, Jesse Williams, Jabari Mitchell and Gary Griffith III, who are the uncapped local-based players who kept their place throughout the local screening process.

“We’ve gone through 325 players over the course of 2020,” said Fenwick at a press conference yesterday. “The guys that we have got training with us now are the best of the bunch.”

The players in the provisional Warriors team who missed the final cut include veteran defender Daneil Cyrus, midfielder Justin Sadoo and attacker Marcus ‘Lobo’ Joseph. Cyrus is understood to have a minor groin injury.

US Major League Soccer (MLS) stars Joevin Jones and Kevin Molino both asked not to be considered for the Orlando outing but remain interested to play in the World Cup qualifiers.

There were no players from the Terminix La Horquetta St Ann’s Rangers team, which include talent like Aikim Andrews, Keron Cummings, Isaiah Lee, Keston George, and Kishon Hackshaw. None of the employees from the Pro League outfit attended training and Fenwick hinted that there might be some backroom issues.

Former TTFA presidential candidate Richard Ferguson is managing director at Rangers.

“I don’t know [why they haven’t trained and] I don’t care,” said Fenwick. “We’ve just moved on with kids who want to play for our national side… I’m disappointed with the politics but I won’t get involved with it.”

Fenwick urged the selected players to make the most of the opportunity.

“It’s a chance for them to make a name for themselves in a shop window,” Fenwick told the TTFA Media. “We have a few players from North America who we know are of a good quality, playing in quality leagues—but there is nothing like seeing them live and getting the chance to work them a bit on the training pitch.

“This will be the first time I am meeting them, so I am looking forward to this … We need players of this calibre on our side.”

Fenwick claimed to have another 12 to 14 players in Britain who were unable to join the squad in the US, due to a mandatory quarantine for travellers from the UK. However, he expects them to be involved for the Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifying campaign, which starts in March.

“We’ll try to fuse them with the quality that we have got on the ground here in Trinidad and Tobago,” he said.

Fenwick also defended the selection of Griffith III, who is a graduate from his Football Factory academy and the son of Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith.

“He and Jesse [Williams] are the only contracted players in the squad […] with Coleraine in Northern Ireland—they’ve competed in the early stages of the [UEFA] Champions League,” said Fenwick. “So they are playing at a good standard and they bring back with them the experiences that they’ve got.

“Most of the players I am coaching right now have done absolutely nothing in football for well over a year … I need people that can compete that are fresh and bright in their mind and structured different to what we have seen on the ground in Trinidad.”

Williams and Griffith III, both former national youth team players, are registered with Northern Ireland club Coleraine FC but do not have work permits and have never played for the team.

The England Football Association considers the Northern Ireland league to be of the same standard as the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League and India I-League, with all three competitions ranked in ‘Band Six’ for work permit applicants—which is two tiers below the United States’ MLS and a step below the domestic game in the likes of Serbia, Slovenia and China.

For Archer and Powder, the senior call-up has been a long time in the works. Archer was a 2020 USL Championship All-Star second-team player, alongside his former National Under-20 teammate, Hackshaw. And Powder, a standout at the national team level, already has four seasons of USL action under his belt.

Facing them is a United States outfit that includes former England Premier League forward Jozy Altidore. Fenwick suggested that his choice of opponent is a sign of the new ambition within the Warriors and mocked his predecessor Dennis Lawrence’s decision to play global minnows, Anguilla, who they routed 15-0.

“This was me thinking let’s get going with something that is a huge brand,” said Fenwick. “I want our players to be taken seriously, so we’ve sidestepped the likes of Anguilla—that I think had been an embarrassment in the past.

“[…] We need to get our guys comfortable with the big occasion, and it doesn’t come much bigger than this. Some may say we’re throwing these guys to the wolves [but] what an experience for them; what an experience playing your first game against the United States of America.

“What we are doing is getting everybody’s attention … This is a big tall order for them, but bring it on.”

Fenwick will travel without assistant coach/goalkeeper coach Kelvin Jack, who was unable to get to game due to a mandatory quarantine period for travellers from the United Kingdom. Jack is expected to join the team in Trinidad next month.

There was a shift in duties within the technical staff otherwise as former St Augustine Secondary coach Adrian Romain was handed the portfolio of team manager. The outgoing team manager, Captain Basil Thompson, was shifted to logistics/safety and compliance manager instead.

The Warriors fly to Miami tomorrow, via Guyana, and should have at least four training sessions under their belts before they face the host nation. They are due to quarantine at the Home of Football in Couva on their return.

Trinidad and Tobago squad (Club; age; caps/goals)

Goalkeepers: Marvin Phillip (Neroca—India; 36; 80/0), Adrian Foncette (Police FC; 32; 15/0);

Defenders: Alvin Jones (Unattached; 26; 25/1), Jesse Williams (Coleraine FC—Northern Ireland; 18; 0/0), Justin Garcia (Defence Force; 25; 1/0), Jamal Jack (Sacachispas—Guatemala; 33; 2/0), Leland Archer (Charleston Battery—US; 25; 0/0), Michael DeShields (DC United—US; 22; 0/0), Neveal Hackshaw (Indy Eleven—US; 14/0), Josiah Trimmingham (Forward Madison—US; 24; 1/0), Noah Powder (Real Salt Lake—US; 0/0), Federico Pena (Valour FC—Canada; 21; 0/0);

Midfielders: Michel Poon-Angeron (Club Banfield—Argentina; 20; 0/0), Matthew Woo Ling (AC Port of Spain; 24; 2/0), Duane Muckette (Memphis 901 FC—US; 5/0), Jabari Mitchell (Police FC; 23; 0/0), Ajani Fortune (Atlanta United—USA; 0/0), Andre Fortune Jr (North Carolina FC—USA; 2/0), Jonathan Jimenez (RGV Toros—USA; 23; 0/0);

Attackers: Hashim Arcia (Defence Force; 32; 13/1), Gary Griffith III (Coleraine FC—Northern Ireland; 18; 0/0), Sean Bonval (Central FC; 24; 0/0), Brent Sam (Defence Force; 24; 0/0), Ryan Telfer (York United FC; 26; 6/3).

Staff: Terry Fenwick (head coach), Derek King (assistant coach), Adrian Romain (manager), Captain Basil Thompson (logistics/safety and compliance manager), Dr Mario John (team chief medical officer), Dr Akash Dhanai (team doctor), Cassius Humphrey (fitness coach), Sion Cane (massage therapist), Michael Williams (kit manager), Shaun Fuentes (head of media/communications).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2021, 04:56:28 PM »
AGAINST THE USA

The USA is 19-3-4 against Trinidad and Tobago all-time and has never lost to the island nation on home soil. Sunday’s match is the USMNT’s first friendly match vs. Trinidad since 1994 and just its fifth all-time.

The two nations have some memorable history, with each denying the other of a place in the FIFA World Cup on the final day of qualifying.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2021, 05:03:25 PM »
According to Greg Berhalter, Jozy Altidore will not take part in tomorrow's match due to picking up a minor strain. This is out of an abundance of caution, especially since an overseas transfer may be in the works.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2021, 05:11:39 PM »
According to Greg Berhalter, Jozy Altidore will not take part in tomorrow's match due to picking up a minor strain. This is out of an abundance of caution, especially since an overseas transfer may be in the works.

Good news

;D

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2021, 05:50:21 PM »
My predicted line up what yall thinking
M Phillip
A Jones
L Archer
J Trimmingham
N Powder
M Poon-Angeron
Dre Fortune
H Arcia
R Telfer
B Sam
J Jiminez

« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 06:33:21 PM by Tallman »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2021, 07:06:43 PM »
Pena, Fortune brothers and Archer looks soild, coming from Shaun. Fenwick very organized

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2021, 08:10:22 PM »
The problem for J Sadoo is he has to compete with M W Ling to be the playmaker on the team and most coach's  do not use 2 playmakers on a team i have not seen him play but i have seen videos of M W Ling when he played in Malta he can play as a #8 or a #10 he is also good at set pieces so i will have him pulling the strings in my midfield but i don't expect M W Ling to be in TT for to much longer once he is playing on the NT so J Sadoo will get his chance.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2021, 11:01:17 PM »
WATCH: USA vs Trinidad and Tobago Match Preview

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/b7Q2XJ2i3og" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/b7Q2XJ2i3og</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2021, 11:52:40 PM »
The problem for J Sadoo is he has to compete with M W Ling to be the playmaker on the team and most coach's  do not use 2 playmakers on a team i have not seen him play but i have seen videos of M W Ling when he played in Malta he can play as a #8 or a #10 he is also good at set pieces so i will have him pulling the strings in my midfield but i don't M W Ling to t expecbe in TT for to much longer once he is playing on the NT so J Sadoo will get his chance.
Is he  heading back to malta ?

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2021, 07:05:33 AM »
No is he gonna play with Defence Force until he gets an offer abroad

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2021, 08:58:58 AM »
WATCH: Men's Senior Team Head Coach Terry Fenwick shares his pre-match views ahead of Sunday's International Friendly against United States

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/E84W6MO8Zvc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/E84W6MO8Zvc</a>

1]; } ?>