March 28, 2024, 01:11:31 PM

Author Topic: Thread for USA vs T&T Game (31-Jan-2021)  (Read 21804 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for USA vs T&T Game (31-Jan-2021)
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2021, 08:15:57 PM »
We didn't need to concede 7. It didn't need to be record setting.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 31, 2021, 08:20:19 PM »

Was shocked that we weren't better organized defensively.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2021, 08:24:05 PM »
these guys are real f**king shit hounds, they have no business playing this team. worst performance i've seen from any caribbean team. fenwick needs to go back to the drawing board. as for that penalty, as soon as he started his approach i new he was going to miss, very poor penalty. this team is rubbish, there's a very good reason why these guys all play in the usl 1, 2.

It was. Keeper was in his head long before he struck that.

He put his head down a long time before he kicked. Keeper probably dove the last place the kicker looked.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 31, 2021, 08:25:50 PM »

You know we could have actually broken the record and collected about 10 if not USA's lack of sharpness at times.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 31, 2021, 08:28:07 PM »
these guys are real f**king shit hounds, they have no business playing this team. worst performance i've seen from any caribbean team. fenwick needs to go back to the drawing board. as for that penalty, as soon as he started his approach i new he was going to miss, very poor penalty. this team is rubbish, there's a very good reason why these guys all play in the usl 1, 2.

Same shit I was thinking...why we have a defender taking a penalty...what kinda shit is that...it have ab man Mike tefler, with 3 goals in 6 appearances for us, and Alvin taking a penalty...Fenwick bears responsibility for this shit...I liked #11 and #13 energy...tefler looked frustrated, and I eh blame him.

Can ranjitsingh get a Bligh...he plays at a higher level than any of our options...that being said...what now? Any other friendlies?

This was shit.
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #155 on: January 31, 2021, 08:28:19 PM »
    By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian).   
    Created: 31 January 2021 Terry Fenwick is likely to use a counter-attacking strategy based on the players selected on his roster ahead of the match.

Yeah, Right!!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 08:30:05 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 31, 2021, 08:33:21 PM »
ok. so who could we take from this exercise? For me:
Telfer could stay - basic player I'd put him in for a 1st half against the St Kitts Nevis-es of the world, or if you up and holding on to a lead. I think he puts in his effort for the full 90 so I only hope he improve (build some chemistry or something that will give him a better edge).  But if he's our #1 fwd we ent going a dam place this hex.
Muckette could hold down Hyland job. If we can't replace Hyland b/c of lack of depth then I would be fine giving Hyland a more defensive role and having Muckette more creative.
Woo Ling I would give a chance, keep in the mix. Nice touches and with more experience & opportunity can hopefully grow in the next couple years.
Alvin...b/c I've seen him play better -- men ent play competitive in a year, but I think he can do better.
For me the rest could stay home after this Puerto Rico/ Guyana round.
I don't want to see Foncette in goal again for T&T.

Offline Cruyff

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 31, 2021, 08:36:11 PM »
How does Gary Griffith son make a national team? This is some crazy shit. The Trinidad & Tobago football community is a joke to allow such corruption to continue. #normalizationcommittee football for yuh money. This team is missing basic tactical understanding..#bankleaguefootball #fenwickOUT

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2021, 08:39:15 PM »
 A bit  suprised at the starting  line up  .. powder got only 10 mins  ??? ???
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2021, 08:39:21 PM »
losing to an MLS rookie team in such a distasteful manner is really upsetting. this is the legacy of brent sancho and fat boy from moruga, they failed on all level. the only good in this game was the # 10, he was a flicker of light on a dark ocean.

and the lads who ended the game were much better than the ones who started. alvin jones belongs on the bench, in fact the best of them should be coming off the bench. i could only hope we have better quality players in th UK willing to play for us after this major embarrassment.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 08:45:28 PM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2021, 08:46:54 PM »

Was shocked that we weren't better organized defensively.

My expectations were not high or even moderate or low. Was just open to seeing how it would be managed. But, I still wanted to see a semblance of uniformity of movement from each line when we didn't have the ball.

Given the lack of prep time with players coming from all points to meet up for the match, some things are a tough ask. It takes a lot of work to ingrain defensive discipline and collective movement, but I still thought that in terms of aesthetics it was hard to ignore how ragged that looked. And, if there isn't collective movement that is orchestrated, it becomes difficult to manage the space you grant the opponent.

Individual errors I expect. It's football. Some players didn't get to show much given the way the match unfolded.

It's time to have a proper regeneration in the GK department and to think about what needs to happen in March.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 08:52:27 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2021, 08:51:19 PM »
    By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian).   
    Created: 31 January 2021 Terry Fenwick is likely to use a counter-attacking strategy based on the players selected on his roster ahead of the match.

Yeah, Right!!

:rotfl: :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2021, 08:59:29 PM »

You know we could have actually broken the record and collected about 10 if not USA's lack of sharpness at times.

To my mind, when we go into these encounters that are spiritually meaningful, we need to be mindful of records ... particularly against American opposition that is mindful of every record and each blade of grass. No new record setting lows has to be our mantra.

That said, Foncette was also NOT sharp. He was much less sharp than I would have anticipated even with any absence of competitive football. It almost seems that he didn't expect to be named to the XI.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2021, 09:10:51 PM »
When I first heard that we were going to play US in a friendly, my initial reaction was, No!!! We are far from ready to take on the US at this time. They will only ramp up the score and rub it in our noses. Reinforce the notion that they are some type of superior foot-balling nation.
But considering that we desperately needed a game from somewhere, and that it wasn’t going to be their full strength team, I conceded that we don’t have much choice.
And that’s just the problem—putting ourselves in the position where we don’t have much choice. We will not go too far as a foot-balling nation living behind the 8 ball.
Not sure how helpful this exercise turned out to be. I’ll watch from a distance
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 31, 2021, 09:11:33 PM »
Dropping another Q.

Which T&T player has seen the "fly on the wall" view of the US NT coach's match prep?

Kevan George.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2021, 09:14:40 PM »

To my mind, when we go into these encounters that are spiritually meaningful, we need to be mindful of records ... particularly against American opposition that is mindful of every record and each blade of grass. No new record setting lows has to be our mantra.

That said, Foncette was also NOT sharp. He was much less sharp than I would have anticipated even with any absence of competitive football. It almost seems that he didn't expect to be named to the XI.
foncete, marvin, jan, ince all had one thing in common, they love to play last stopper. you bloody defender is one on one with the bloke, for christ sake why the f**k are you running out to challenge the attacker and missing the ball all entirely, these keepers are not even smart.

look at top keepers like keylor navas, luis lopez, andre blake and zack steffan, these guys don't run out unless they get all ball, it's no miracle why these are the top teams in cancacaf, they make sure and KEEP THEIR TEAMS COMPETITIVE because they have players who are dedicated to their craft in and out of goal.

our lads want to party on their off season, splurge drink and go boat rides instead of work on their craft in the of season, their off season is to drink and enjoy the money that they made. it's wine women and song, and football could wait till next season.

when you look at playyers like deceased kobe, carl molone, micheal jordan, steef curry, and larry bird, these men would go on vacation for two weeks and came home and train like maniacs, this while their buddies are out painting the town. there's no miracle why christiano is such a budding player even at the end of his career, that man work his sox off on his off season even at the tail end of his career, that is the difference between winners and losers.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 09:21:04 PM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2021, 09:16:55 PM »

He put his head down a long time before he kicked. Keeper probably dove the last place the kicker looked.

I was willing him to go to the GK's left. The right was advertised and sold.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2021, 09:19:51 PM »
A bit  suprised at the starting  line up  .. powder got only 10 mins  ??? ???

Yeah x 2.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 31, 2021, 09:21:32 PM »
these guys are real f**king shit hounds, they have no business playing this team. worst performance i've seen from any caribbean team. fenwick needs to go back to the drawing board. as for that penalty, as soon as he started his approach i knew he was going to miss, very poor penalty. this team is rubbish. there's a very good reason why these guys all play in the usl 1, 2.

is still Marvin Phillips fault....or yuh seeing d light now, is d system or lack of it have we so, not poking just asking?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 09:26:16 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 31, 2021, 09:23:09 PM »
Congrats to the debutants on their baptism of fire. There will be other opportunities at redemption.   :beermug: 

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 31, 2021, 09:24:28 PM »
lefty, nothing Foncette did exonerates Marvin.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 31, 2021, 09:30:23 PM »
never thought i'd say this but those new guys can't hold a candle to bataeu, mikel, aubrey and cyrus, that jamal jack is part turtle part snail, the number three cant passing out of the back to save his life and he's also very slow, lets face it our lads are getting worst as the years roll by, when it should be the opposite effect.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 10:07:07 PM by pull stones »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 31, 2021, 09:32:25 PM »

just added to d comment not seeking to exonerate no one, we collectively deficient as a team, we need to be drilling basics right now, we need to modernize d coaching and tink outside d box

example Tuchel had big hard back man with years of experience doing drills with small ball to improve dey touch and control, we doh even recognize dat plenty ah we "ballers" doh even have basics
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2021, 09:39:43 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago's 7-0 loss to the United States

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/In205RB7dBo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/In205RB7dBo</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2021, 09:52:01 PM »
these guys are real f**king shit hounds, they have no business playing this team. worst performance i've seen from any caribbean team. fenwick needs to go back to the drawing board. as for that penalty, as soon as he started his approach i knew he was going to miss, very poor penalty. this team is rubbish. there's a very good reason why these guys all play in the usl 1, 2.

is still Marvin Phillips fault....or yuh seeing d light now, is d system or lack of it have we so, not poking just asking?
marvin might have broken the record if he was between the sticks. don't fool your fat, foncette is a better goalie than marvin, but bottom line is that they all suck and need to stay far from national duty. these lads don't work hard on their craft and care very little  for football, they only do it because it feeds their family and their silly egos.

by the way that is the absolute worst defense we have ever fielded, i still remember the days of makan hislop, kenyo thomas and aklie edwards, if we thought those guys were bad, these new players weren't even in their class. how bloody sad.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2021, 09:54:29 PM »

just added to d comment not seeking to exonerate no one, we collectively deficient as a team, we need to be drilling basics right now, we need to modernize d coaching and tink outside d box

example Tuchel had big hard back man with years of experience doing drills with small ball to improve dey touch and control, we doh even recognize dat plenty ah we "ballers" doh even have basics

Thing is, although GKs retire later, both of them are on their 30s. We should already have had a clear idea of what the succession plan looks like and who the GKs in the plan are. There should be at minimum 2-3 in that category.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2021, 10:12:51 PM »
my problem with our teams past and present is that when will we recognize that the USA plays the same way every time they play us, they utilize the wings and push numbers into our box putting in cross after cross. they also run rings around us discombobulating our defenders into losing their shape.

it was quite obvious that most of the goals came from passes in the box where a player or two were free and unmarked. the oldest trick in the book and the dummies keep falling for the same tactics over and over again, how bloody embarrassing.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 31, 2021, 10:16:16 PM »
Football is a team sport. And as much as I had hoped for a better game, meaning a narrow loss, we have to be realistic.
1. Fenwick saw several of these guys for the first time on Friday morning.
2. Several of the guys never saw their teammates before Friday morning much less play with them
3. Watching film and talking through strategy is useless without time putting it into practice.
4. The USMNT has been in training in Florida for weeks and many are on the verge of breaking into the first team.
5. None of the members of the TTMNT play at the top level of US Soccer.

From my observation, several of the players in this game will not put on a shirt for TT when other players join the team. Molino, Garcia, Jones (Joevin), hopefully Frenderup, and several others, now overseas, are likely to be in the game against Guyana and in future qualifiers.
Fenwick was right to accept the game as playing pickup games is no way to determine the quality of your team. We will see who are the resilient ones, who uses this beating as a stimulus to work and get better. The weak minded don't deserve to play irrespective of their individual skill.
Give Fenwick some time. He needs it.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 31, 2021, 10:43:56 PM »
The more I think about it the more I come to the realization that Fenwick didn't have a plan.
He had what he had and didn't have. Why then attempt to play a 4-3-3? Why not use this first game to create a defensive blue print for the team especially when you have not had extended practices with the entire team.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 31, 2021, 11:48:28 PM »
Fenwick has a benchmark now, let's see how the team improves. i won't criticize now given the challenges but I agree with MEP, the formation was surprising given the first outing with a newly assembled squad and lack of chemistry.

1]; } ?>