March 28, 2024, 02:34:19 AM

Author Topic: New blood...  (Read 3816 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
New blood...
« on: January 31, 2021, 09:04:40 AM »
That's the way to go TF,why stick with the players who have brought TT nothing but woe,time to "DUSSOUT".I cannot help but recall how supporters were asking for a new start,well we got that now and what a brave move, win or lose.I am sure TF will be looking for positives and hopefully find 2 or 3 "rough diamonds" who will join the five or six sure starters,could be more.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New blood...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 09:57:50 AM »
Unfortunately for us we still have this mill stone around our necks in the form of a goalie who hasn’t quite got his fill of destroying us. the Lad has been in the team now for 12 years since 2009 World Cup qualifiers and has never kept a single clean sheet in competitive games, yet he won’t bloody call it quits and allow another young player to contribute. marvin please piss off already.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 05:54:08 PM »
pull stones
I remember as young boy in Trinidad how we used to have at least 5 very good Goal Keepers to choose from,now we have to stay with one who has never kept a clean sheet in years.I keep hearing about a Canadian Trini who has been highly rated,Ranjitsingi is the name,a good Trini name that :D,anyway mate let's hope for a start that would lead us to the team we know we can be.

Offline Cruyff

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 08:36:29 PM »
How does Gary Griffith son make a national team? This is some crazy shit. The Trinidad & Tobago football community is a joke to allow such corruption to continue. #normalizationcommittee football for yuh money. This team is missing basic tactical understanding..#bankleaguefootball #fenwickOUT

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 10:05:56 PM »
pull stones
I remember as young boy in Trinidad how we used to have at least 5 very good Goal Keepers to choose from,now we have to stay with one who has never kept a clean sheet in years.I keep hearing about a Canadian Trini who has been highly rated,Ranjitsingi is the name,a good Trini name that :D,anyway mate let's hope for a start that would lead us to the team we know we can be.
ranjitsingh is injured, and jerky boy dennis lawrence totally rail roaded the lad. when he had the opportunity to cap him vs guyana with nothing to play for, the dunce went with foncette instead. what an utter douche of a coach he was.

as a boy coming from school one evening an old man playing chess in the park in burmingham shouted to his mate, that trinis could spoil shat, i was very much offended by his claim then, but now that i'm older i clearly understand his frustration.

Offline Cruyff

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 07:13:44 AM »
This is international football so there is no excuse for the lack of basic tactical understanding the team displayed.

Once the commissioner of police is actively involved in football, only for self interest to buy a place for his son on the team who wasn’t even a school boy standout then we are ALL to blame!!!!

Fenwick is going to feed the masses with tons of excuses about lack of preparation, COVID, the ban but I don’t see with even our full team, with him in charge how are we going to qualify for a World Cup playing against the A teams of, Mexico, USA, Canada, Jamaica, Costa Rica and Honduras to name a few. I guess only time will tell!!

Wasn’t this team in training at the police barracks months before? If so, what was our game plan in attacking, defending and in transition? Fenwick just left players to do as they please! It looks like he surely missed his sidekick Gary on the sidelines to tell him what to do. Hilarious!!

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 07:23:38 AM »
Nah Cruyff.... nah man

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 07:45:49 AM »
I told you guys 2026!  I really can't blame TF for the outcome, even though I eh see the game. Honestly, what did you all expected. A Couva miracle ? Our guys have been playing Zero football. I mean ZERO ZERO. I see Mexico playing football. But they follow orders. You think we could not do like Mex ? I am glad we play the US and that they blast we arse. If we had played a Caribbean and win, we would have been feeling that we ready. When eh reeady. Let them get a baptism of fire. Let them see and feel opponent blasting their arses, so that they would not f**k around. That they should be serious about this level of football. The onus is on them, not Fenwick, to improve themselves. When covid protocols ease up, join a gym and work on strengthening their maggah arses. Do their own stamina drills. Don wait until you go to practice to get the drills. Stay safe.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2021, 08:43:50 AM »
Deeks , I agree with you , given the lack of time with the players and what we will call a pick up side as most of them arrived on Friday, I was disappointed in the basics. Marking, urgency and a fighting Spirit.
 To look on the Bright side , I saw a little better second half. the little fell that look like Latapy (10) look like he can make the cut going forward.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2021, 01:29:18 PM »
We are all missing the point and clearly supporters don't know our players. The nucleus of the team that played last night have played together at u17 and u20. They were the u17 Team that Seam Cooper took to within one game of the u17 worlc cup.

Starrters
#4 Josiah Trimingham
#5 Leland Archer
#11 Jebari Mitchel
#8 Andre Fortune

Subs
#13 Mathew Woo Ling
#15 Naveal Hackshaw (u20 only)

Didn't play
Brent Sam

There is no excuse about not gelling or foreign vs local.... they plaved u17 and U20 together.
Of the New recurits....only 2 played
#3 Pena
#18 Fortune (younger brother)

Lets talk about playing both #12 Jamal Jack and #16 Alvin Jones out of position. They were probably the players best able to deal with the situation but were wasted because they were out of position. jamal Jack is not a wing back and might even be a but on the heavy side at the moment. Alvin Jones should have reverted to right back after Pena was replaced...or even replaced him before that.
And why was the only left footed player left on the bench and leave Jamal Jack out there to look bad.

And you run #8 Mitchell and #7 Telfer unto the ground and you have Brent Sam in the bench.
Kudos to #13 Woo Ling and #14 Poon Agreon who came on in the midfield and showed some composure along side #10 Duane Muckette (Rasta)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2021, 05:19:14 PM »
There is no excuse about not gelling or foreign vs local.... they plaved u17 and U20 together.

Come nah man. You talking about 5-7 years ago. Individually, where have their careers gone, what level they playing at? How much experience they have at this level? When is the last time they played a competitive match?

Lets talk about playing both #12 Jamal Jack and #16 Alvin Jones out of position. They were probably the players best able to deal with the situation but were wasted because they were out of position. jamal Jack is not a wing back and might even be a but on the heavy side at the moment. Alvin Jones should have reverted to right back after Pena was replaced...or even replaced him before that.

33 year old Jamal Jack starting? Why? Alvin played a total of 134 minutes of competitive football during 2020.

Kudos to #13 Woo Ling and #14 Poon Agreon who came on in the midfield and showed some composure along side #10 Duane Muckette

I would not read much into this, because by the time they came on the US was already leading 6-0, took their foot of the gas, and began making changes.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2021, 07:47:53 PM »

Come nah man. You talking about 5-7 years ago. Individually, where have their careers gone, what level they playing at? How much experience they have at this level? When is the last time they played a competitive match?

33 year old Jamal Jack starting? Why? Alvin played a total of 134 minutes of competitive football during 2020.

Kudos to #13 Woo Ling and #14 Poon Agreon who came on in the midfield and showed some composure along side #10 Duane Muckette

I would not read much into this, because by the time they came on the US was already leading 6-0, took their foot of the gas, and began making changes.

Post!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2021, 07:56:06 PM »
Deeks , I agree with you , given the lack of time with the players and what we will call a pick up side as most of them arrived on Friday, I was disappointed in the basics. Marking, urgency and a fighting Spirit.
 To look on the Bright side , I saw a little better second half. the little fell that look like Latapy(10) look like he can make the cut going forward.

Ent.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2021, 08:11:42 AM »

But they have experience....that should count for something. I was refering to the point that everyone is making that most of the team  playing together for the first time.

Because of experience......had they not played out of position they would have had more influence on the game

Fair enough.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2021, 08:22:52 AM »
This is international football so there is no excuse for the lack of basic tactical understanding the team displayed.

Once the commissioner of police is actively involved in football, only for self interest to buy a place for his son on the team who wasn’t even a school boy standout then we are ALL to blame!!!!

Fenwick is going to feed the masses with tons of excuses about lack of preparation, COVID, the ban but I don’t see with even our full team, with him in charge how are we going to qualify for a World Cup playing against the A teams of, Mexico, USA, Canada, Jamaica, Costa Rica and Honduras to name a few. I guess only time will tell!!

Wasn’t this team in training at the police barracks months before? If so, what was our game plan in attacking, defending and in transition? Fenwick just left players to do as they please! It looks like he surely missed his sidekick Gary on the sidelines to tell him what to do. Hilarious!!
Cruyff, your 'guns' seemed to be trained on Griffith and his son. Didn't Griffith Jnr. and another youthman go somewhere in the UK on trial recently? Surely he must be worth something. Yes?  ???
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 08:44:28 AM by Anbrat »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2021, 08:54:32 AM »

Cruyff, your 'guns' seemed to be trained on Griffith and his son. Didn't Griffith Jnr. and another youthman go somewhere in the UK on trial recently? Surely he must be worth something. Yes?  ???

Yes, but the "what" is what is in question. Perception gap. Overblown situation in terms of perception.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2021, 08:32:44 PM »

Yes, but the "what" is what is in question. Perception gap. Overblown situation in terms of perception.
I interpret your comments to mean that you are in agreement with Cruyff. I guess that you both are in a better position to judge having surely seen the young GG play. I have not, so until I do, I have to take your word that his is an "overblown situation in terms of perception". Thank you.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2021, 09:54:02 PM »
I interpret your comments to mean that you are in agreement with Cruyff. I guess that you both are in a better position to judge having surely seen the young GG play. I have not, so until I do, I have to take your word that his is an "overblown situation in terms of perception". Thank you.

The crux of the matter is that a quid pro quo is not absent.

To correlate the non-existence/existence of a quid pro quo with the quality of the player is a distractor. Yuh could have a quid pro quo involving a decent player and have one for a mediocre player and have one for an average player. That's not my focus.

I've been on the ground in Coleraine. I don't have a blinkered view about this. Nor am I interested in having the wool pulled over my eyes or the footballing public's.

In this narrative, Fenwick himself has embellished reality and not for the first time.

I'm more interested in the process than the substantive outcome.

In other words, I am neither hating nor favoring. But we have to keep it real.

And I'm speaking for me, not Cruyff. Don't conflate our posts.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 10:12:41 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2021, 10:51:44 PM »
We are all missing the point and clearly supporters don't know our players. The nucleus of the team that played last night have played together at u17 and u20. They were the u17 Team that Seam Cooper took to within one game of the u17 worlc cup.

Starrters
#4 Josiah Trimingham
#5 Leland Archer
#11 Jebari Mitchel
#8 Andre Fortune

Subs
#13 Mathew Woo Ling
#15 Naveal Hackshaw (u20 only)

Didn't play
Brent Sam

Of the New recurits....only 2 played
#3 Pena
#18 Fortune (younger brother)

And why was the only left footed player left on the bench and leave Jamal Jack out there to look bad.

And you run #8 Mitchell and #7 Telfer unto the ground and you have Brent Sam in the bench.
Kudos to #13 Woo Ling and #14 Poon Agreon who came on in the midfield and showed some composure along side #10 Duane Muckette (Rasta)

I like this post. I glad Mitchell got run, that was one of the few positives to take from the game. He need some more professional exposure (that was a super rash tackle), but he could probably step up. Poon & Woo Ling will not replace Molino, Joevin or Garcia so they competing for one spot maybe..but keep both in the mix to train.
Pena caused at least 3 goals -- I'd like to not see him again for a while. Jack..if you say he was out of position well...but he real contribute to goals too. Otherwise I like your list and let's see who we could pick up from England as well as the one-offs all over the globe. could put together a squad with a fighting chance.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2021, 11:50:44 AM »
The reality is that Fenwick probably looking for 10 to 15 spots in a team of 25. Most of them would not be starters. Players have limited opportunities to address the selectors so the outcome of that game was irrelevant
We have quality and experience in

Bateau
Molino
Jovin
Levi
Aubrey David
Hyland

that would make up the core of this team surrounded by the new younger fitter hungrier players....at least in the immediate future. Remember first qualifier is 50 days away. Proper planning and scouting and player development are all things for the future, that should be taking place in the back ground while.....right now we just trying to find the best players for the games starting in March.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2021, 05:01:33 PM »
How does Gary Griffith son make a national team? This is some crazy shit. The Trinidad & Tobago football community is a joke to allow such corruption to continue. #normalizationcommittee football for yuh money. This team is missing basic tactical understanding..#bankleaguefootball #fenwickOUT
I don't know if is a political statement, but what do you know about the ability of Gary Griffith's son or is it the name that bothers you? Just asking as I have not seen him play either.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2021, 05:36:51 PM »
I don't know if is a political statement, but what do you know about the ability of Gary Griffith's son or is it the name that bothers you? Just asking as I have not seen him play either.

All of the above! what 's in a name? A lot. GGjr is not  the first and only player riding on his father's coat tails. I can't comment on him, because I have not seen him play. TF deemed him suitable to play for the NT. Let's wait and see. You could blast his father, GG love sport and wants to use football as a catalyst to grab some of these Afro yutes who pay more attention to the sound of gun shots than the sound of football being kicked or headed. By the way,  kind of wackier story. Just read on Daily Mail where Musoulini's great grand son (18) is playing for Lazio.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 05:45:36 PM by Deeks »

Offline Cruyff

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2021, 08:14:12 AM »
Under United TTFA an in-depth scouting network was created with the help of your very own Nigel Myers. I believe a database of over 500 players both male and female were created using Google spreadsheets of North American and European based professionals eligible to represent T&T.

The women U20s were the first to benefit from this network, having reached the quarterfinals of the Concacaft U20 Championships using a number of players located using this network. This was done just a couple months into its development and formation.

Terry Fenwick rejected the use of this scouting network because he said he had his own scouts and connections to locate players in North America and Europe. Listening to his interview after the USA demolition he stated that he selected some players using the YouTube footage of these players.  :rotfl:

Fenwick also rejected the now deceased, Style of Play Document because he did not have the intellectual fortitude to create so he wanted to have nothing to do with it. 

What an embarrassment to hear the Head Coach on the International level scout for players using YouTube footage and highlights. Who are your scouts Mr. Fenwick? Where is your scouting network of objective data? You have players such as, John Paul Rochford, former U15, U17 & U20 National Captain not selected to the traveling squad for the USA game but Gary Griffith son made the team? How and Why?

Terry Fenwick will be successful hopefully at the regional level as some of our Intercol Teams can probably compete at the regional level but we will NEVER qualify for a World Cup with Fenwick in charge. With the normalization committee filling his pockets with money he is there to stay, like the true slave master we can’t help but to surrender ourselves too.

What a SHAME!! Carry on folks, there is nothing to see here!!!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2021, 09:28:40 AM »
Terry Fenwick rejected the use of this scouting network because he said he had his own scouts and connections to locate players in North America and Europe.
Really? If so then it's a damn shame he doesn't have an open mind gain info from a credible source.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2021, 09:36:44 AM »
Terry Fenwick rejected the use of this scouting network because he said he had his own scouts and connections to locate players in North America and Europe.
Really? If so then it's a damn shame he doesn't have an open mind gain info from a credible source.

It was also stated that Birchall was part of his network ... of course, that was prior to a vigorous refutation by Birchall. Hopefully there are no other imagined scouts.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2021, 09:41:10 AM »
I am hoping that the players who didn't make the team were told why. Once you start getting to the core and a player is knocking on the door, some sort of chat should occur. Especially with players in the age range that was involved.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2021, 10:19:37 AM »
Couldn't find a Jaden Sancho thread. He scored a penalty today.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2021, 05:31:02 PM »

To correlate the non-existence/existence of a quid pro quo with the quality of the player is a distractor. Yuh could have a quid pro quo involving a decent player and have one for a mediocre player and have one for an average player. That's not my focus.

I've been on the ground in Coleraine. I don't have a blinkered view about this. Nor am I interested in having the wool pulled over my eyes or the footballing public's.

In this narrative, Fenwick himself has embellished reality and not for the first time.

[/quote]

Mind expanding on this one Asylum?
stuff on you seeing

[/quote]

Curious on this one

You been at Corelaine and said TF embellishing

Cause eveybody wondering bout his statements how they're teh youngest to make a CL squad but a lil quick research and you can't find them youths on any game squads or team roster?

Thought it was just an academy and not the pro setup
Baffled how media havent really asked for more in-depth explanation on this from TF himself.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2021, 06:29:27 PM »

Mind expanding on this one Asylum?
stuff on you seeing

Curious on this one

You been at Corelaine and said TF embellishing

Cause eveybody wondering bout his statements how they're teh youngest to make a CL squad but a lil quick research and you can't find them youths on any game squads or team roster?

Thought it was just an academy and not the pro setup
Baffled how media havent really asked for more in-depth explanation on this from TF himself.

Will reserve comment. De bhaji still bubbling.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2021, 01:04:29 AM »
Last I heard they were still waiting on visas, so formally the transfer hasn't gone through (not in the FA's system), which is why it's strange the TTFA published that they were already at Coleraine. Could be out of date on that one.

1]; } ?>