March 28, 2024, 04:31:28 AM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick have a lot of INSTANT options, he needs the support.  (Read 3745 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Fenwick have a lot of options he just need de support and de finances to make things better.

One lose and man here talking shit, de man admit he mess up, now give him de chance to fix it.

He have been in T&T a long time now and he knows de Trini culture and some ah de cry down mentality people around like Angus Eve have who will bad talk everybody just to get de T&T head coach position.

Terry was very successful for T&T clubs, he is organized and have a strong discipline, something we players lack now and in de past.

These players can make a instant improvement on T&T side, but Terry have to start now.

Joevin Jones, Khaleem Hyland, Daneil Cyrus, Levi Garcia, Aubrey David, Triston Hodge, Sheldon Bateau, Jomal Williams, Curtis Gonzales, Greg Ranjitsingh, Nathaniel Garcia, Judah Garcia, Mekeil Williams, Nicklas Frenderup, Kevin Molino, Leston Paul, Ataullah Guerra, Cordell Cato, Carlyle Mitchell, Kevan George, Marcus Joseph, Marcus Joseph.

Terry have to do everything in his power to get these guys because they can't make no other international team like, Desevio Payne, John Bostock, Shaquell Moore, Ryan Inniss and maybe Nick De Leon and Rory McKenzie.

Apart from Duane Muckette, Jamal Jack, Neveal Hackshaw, Alvin Jones and Ryan Telfer.

I feel Andre Fortune, Michel Poon-Angeron, Federico Pena, Leland Archer, Noah Powder worth a second and third look and keep a eye on Jonathan Jimenez, Michael DeShields, Ajani Fortune, John-Paul Rochford, Brent Sam, Justin Araujo-Wilson and Kobi Henry. Good players for the future.

We have so much players to choose from and most of them young and decent. The TTFA need to find a way to see these players and keep them in training somehow.

Jordan Riley, Akeem Garcia, Luke Singh, Daniel Carr, Shannon Gomez, Keston Julien, Shaqkeem Joseph, Andre Rampersad, Kathon St Hillaire, Kristian Lee-Him, Aikim Andrews, Che Benny, Molik Khan, Antwoine Hackford, Kierron Mason, Dante Sealy, Tyler David, Daniel Phillips, Jaiye Shep­pard.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Fenwick have a lot of INSTANT options, he needs the support.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 12:12:29 PM »
Boss post  :beermug: :applause: :salute: :notworthy:

The only issue is availability of these players right now due to Covid restrictions and fitness.

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 12:23:26 PM »
I agree with the post. It is on point. I must say the one thing I like about Fenwick is that he admits to his errors which is a great attribute. As I stated in my earlier post it felt like a C team versus the US Olympic team. I noticed you left out Woo Ling on the list. Is he not worthy? Nice post though!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 12:34:42 PM »
Maybe Matthew Woo Ling. He couldn't do much vs USA because by de time he came on de team was under pressure and already down about 6 love.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 12:44:24 PM »
I could have lived with a Woo Ling penalty. For a brief second, I thought it was in the cards.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 10:56:46 AM »
It is so funny that a post like this that made so much sense and actually offered actual names and viable options.....no one is commenting on it. But the posts cursing the coach and the players from the game against the USA have pages of comments.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 11:14:06 AM »
It is so funny that a post like this that made so much sense and actually offered actual names and viable options.....no one is commenting on it. But the posts cursing the coach and the players from the game against the USA have pages of comments.

Tell me a coach who eh get a tongue lashing on this forum. Terry Fenwick have a lot of INSTANT options, he needs the support.. That applied to all previous coaches. They have the support, but TTFA eh have money. Or they have the money, but the man in charge of TTFA at the time, either, don't like coach and want to fire him or want his hand picked coach or both. I don't see TF getting fired as long as Haddad is there. But if we keep getting that kind of results, he go have to work the plank.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 12:08:06 PM by Deeks »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2021, 01:02:05 PM »
For me at least, the main squad Sam call out here look a lot like the one that collect 6 from the US last time and a good amount pass their prime and were found lacking (and Fenwick ent really show to be any better tactically than Dennis, yet). The "players for the future" and "young and decent talent" should really be proving themselves somewhere before we throw them en-masse on our senior national team (I am absolutely for the one or two who are proving themselves here and there -- ala Dwight) -- Don't know if that means more games for this "U23 squad" against the Bangladeshes and Kuwaits of the world (Similar to how the US used us in this game ...TTFF don't have that kinda money), or what, but in an ideal world the youths would be getting contracts in good leagues and developing within good club structures.
Fenwick talk for months and months about youth and young squad, so I hope this was a publicity stunt to get the TT football public vex, to then show what the real squad of youth could do in a build-back-up to that level, bringing the joy to T&T football public again. But most likely I dreaming, and Hadad secret money tree will dry up and Angus will be the coach and we'll be talking about 2038 for sure.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 01:08:43 PM by kounty »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2021, 04:20:12 PM »

Is just names. We have those in abundance on the site. What's missing is context and supporting data. The same thing that Fenwick is missing. For example, what club are they playing with? Are they even attached to a club? What league? What is the league's level? Is the player a regular starter or even regularly in the matchday squad? What are their stats (appearances, goals, assists, tackles, clearances etc.)? Are they injured? Are they in form? When last they played? Are they indeed eligible for T&T? Do they have a valid T&T passport? What is their CV? Are they professionals? Those in university, what division they playing?

About half the names don't have any club or haven't played in ages or not playing at any kinda level to talk about. In terms of bringing in foreign-base/born players. If they not above and beyond what we have home, or they not improving the quality of the squad by brining something different, then leave them alone. In the same way clubs don't typically offer contracts to international players unless they noticeably better than what they can get locally.

We have to be more scientific and data driven in our approach. This operating by vaps eh cutting it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 06:02:51 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2021, 05:37:25 PM »

Is just names. We have those in abundance on the site. What's missing is context and supporting data. The same thing that Fenwick is missing. For example, what club are they playing with? Are they even attached to a club? What league? What is the league's level? Is the player a regular starter or even regularly in the matchday squad? What are their stats (appearances, goals, assists, tackles, clearances etc.)? Are they injured? Are they in form? When last they played? Are they indeed eligible for T&T? Do they have a valid T&T passport? What is their CV? Are they professionals? Those in university, what division they playing?

About half the names don't have any club or haven't played in ages or not playing at any kinda level to talk about. In terms of bringing in foreign-base/born players. If they not above and beyond what we have home, or they not improving the quality of the squad by brining something different, then leave them alone. In the same way clubs don't typically offer contracts to international players unless they noticeably better than what they can get locally.

We have to be more scientific and data driven in our approach. This operating by vaps eh cutting it.
:beermug: :beermug:...ok. 1 :beermug:  for kounty too

We always had plenty players ( and yes some names).. is the observation, selection, mix  and management where we hardly get it right... maybe to many average players to choose from ?

Add:

Check the experience and mix below, which clubs they were able to make (besides previous experiences), compared with our current best local and expats, and their experience. Not considering the US game but our best possible picks now. This was our best team with the some measure that was able to get by, BARELY...  I think only Levi might be kinda playing close to anything in Europe... we had man who win treble, men who play EPL, a man who survive Germany. US top league men, Scottish top league men. Ah Aussie top league man, goal scorers. T&T top league men.
Now ah few IPL, a couple US, a couple Central america.etc.. The guys good, don't get me wrong..but Latas, Yorke, Shaka, Cornell, Whitley, Stern, a young KJ they were all special, all in that list..Like  Me Mum, not the greatest, but it's what they brought, how they were combined, even if not all used to our liking all the time. And we barely get thru..barely get shots, but represented like champions. They weren't worried about eat ah food, food was already ate. You didn't have to wonder how they were doing, they were in the news, local and foreign. We didn't depend on Flex,TM and associate to pull a clip, couple of them guys was live. Now papers mostly just have Molino and Levi, barely...

Yet we have what we have, and Yes, we must support, regardless of the result. However, we cannot set OUR expectations so high, and then dump on them when they don't play to our past exalted standards, because we know the game oh so well, from behind a screen.  I think our guys now, don't need a coach, not at this level, they need a manager. Tactics isn't rocket science, defend, attack left, middle or right. team organization, selction and setup is what's important. getting the individuals to do what they do best, and combining and tweaking it to suite a team and to play against the teams you must face. That is what i hope to see from our current manager, this is where he MUST earn his money. We don't need him to teach his best Ntl selections how to play football. This is where I will get my support.

Hey, I have some padnas look real good on youtube and facebook too.   :devil:

1   GK   Shaka Hislop   22 February 1969   26   England West Ham United
2   DF   Ian Cox   25 March 1971   16   England Gillingham
3   DF   Avery John   18 June 1975   58   United States New England Revolution
4   DF   Marvin Andrews   22 December 1975   98   Scotland Rangers
5   DF   Brent Sancho   13 March 1977   42   England Gillingham
6   DF   Dennis Lawrence   1 August 1974   65   Wales Wrexham
7   MF   Chris Birchall   5 May 1984   21   England Port Vale
8   DF   Cyd Gray   21 November 1976   41   Trinidad and Tobago San Juan Jabloteh
9   MF   Aurtis Whitley   1 May 1977   26   Trinidad and Tobago San Juan Jabloteh
10   FW   Russell Latapy   2 August 1968   66   Scotland Falkirk
11   MF   Carlos Edwards   24 October 1978   53   England Luton Town
12   FW   Collin Samuel   27 August 1981   19   Scotland Dundee United
13   FW   Cornell Glen   21 October 1980   37   United States Los Angeles Galaxy
14   FW   Stern John   30 October 1976   97   England Coventry City
15   FW   Kenwyne Jones   5 October 1984   30   England Southampton
16   MF   Evans Wise   23 November 1973   17   Germany Waldhof Mannheim
17   DF   Atiba Charles   29 September 1977   19   Trinidad and Tobago W Connection
18   MF   Densill Theobald   27 June 1982   40   Scotland Falkirk
19   FW   Dwight Yorke (c)   3 November 1971   56   Australia Sydney FC
20   FW   Jason Scotland   18 February 1979   25   Scotland St Johnstone
21   GK   Kelvin Jack   29 April 1976   32   Scotland Dundee
22   GK   Clayton Ince   13 July 1972   63   England Coventry City
23   MF   Anthony Wolfe   23 December 1983   4  Trinidad and Tobago San Juan Jabloteh
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 01:44:33 AM by maxg »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2021, 06:38:25 PM »
Yet we have what we have, and Yes, we must support, regardless of the result.

The problem I have is our willingness to just accept that and not do any inquiry to find out why we are in such a mess. It is not just the 7-0 licks. We getting all kinda licks at de youth level too. Our players not lighting up de US colleges. Hell, we hardly going to any recognizable schools. We have 20 and 21 year olds still playing Intercol, and is not like we have. John D and Tech like long time. Wha kinda madness is that? Is jackassness across de board. We have basically taken a page out of the Windies book.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2021, 07:32:29 PM »
Yet we have what we have, and Yes, we must support, regardless of the result.

The problem I have is our willingness to just accept that and not do any inquiry to find out why we are in such a mess. It is not just the 7-0 licks. We getting all kinda licks at de youth level too. Our players not lighting up de US colleges. Hell, we hardly going to any recognizable schools. We have 20 and 21 year olds still playing Intercol, and is not like we have. John D and Tech like long time. Wha kinda madness is that? Is jackassness across de board. We have basically taken a page out of the Windies book.
Agree. Yet doh accepted, I don’t think it’s willingly.
It seems when it come to football the ppl who are in a position to make a difference are either themselves or surrounded by ppl who suffer from untethered ‘Crabs in the Barrel’ syndrome.
Always seem to have a pull down and disagreement, until in the final analysis and all reports are in...2 months later, nothing is done, no action, no program. What we see is mud (or something more smelly) all over everyone faces. It’s washed off, someone else throws their hat in, and the whole mess starts all over again.

Many ppl do observe, but for years they get so much tata thrown at them or they observe their colleagues do, they eventually surrender to being pelted with it. They try to stand quiet and close their eyes and do nothing. They would tell you about the good old day, without realizing the mud they standing in.

The younger ppl saying them have old heads and not up with modern strategies , and the older ppl saying the young ignorant and inexperienced.

Even though I think I understand it, I’m not sure what to do about it. Don’t have an answer.
However, if you remember in the early years I said we needed a socio-economic change. The society needed to change, not just for football but for the good of the Country. A cultural change as I think AB suggested. Still don’t have an answer as to how.

We don’t just have facsimile Trumpers we have tens 1000’s of mini-Trumps. They care about no one but themselves. Very recent events keep re-enforcing this in my little mind and I can’t figure it out. My bud reminded me “ Max, you away to long, you don’t know the situation, you don’t know the ppl, you can’t live there.” My point to him was, I won’t mind dying to do what I know is best for most of my ppl. Is why my parents post my ass away.
The ppl on the ground in football will have to figure it out themselves sooner or later. Only then will they work as one. Nothing we say making any changes to that football issue.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 05:43:48 AM »
People don't want to ask questions they won't like the answer to - I think it was in a Field of Dreams episode - everyone wants to have their own academy, no joined up thinking. Where's the development path for our youngsters?

Without players getting first team experience, without that competitive edge, our players will die on the vine.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2021, 11:13:51 AM »
Tallman, as far as I know,  John D and Sando tech  did not have overage players. They had the advantage of picking players from other schools who did not or could not repeat from their respective colleges. Brewster(Benedicts), Sutherland(Pres.), Mervyn Serju(Iere ??) went to Tech. They were not overage. John D. did the same thing later on when they got promoted. They did not have overage players. Benedicts is the only school to officially(correct me on this) caught doing this. Not to say that players have not slip thru the overage cracks after that Benedicts fiasco.

We have argue over this again and again. A club or clubs with very deep pocket can have their own academy. But we need to clarify what kind of academy we are talking about. Will it be an after school academy, or a resident academy. A resident academy requires plenty money. You will need to tutor the players and prepare them for GCE or the technical school equivalency. Outside of the protective services, NONE of the clubs has the ability to have an inhouse academy. Now the clubs with the collaboration of the TTFA can have a joint inhouse academy like the USSF has in Bradenton, Florida. But present something right now, that we will say ... YES!!!! that can work. I can't see it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 11:20:39 AM by Deeks »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2021, 01:29:45 PM »
A resident academy requires plenty money. You will need to tutor the players and prepare them for GCE or the technical school equivalency. Outside of the protective services, NONE of the clubs has the ability to have an inhouse academy. Now the clubs with the collaboration of the TTFA can have a joint inhouse academy like the USSF has in Bradenton, Florida. But present something right now, that we will say ... YES!!!! that can work. I can't see it.

The funny thing money is not a problem in trinidad ... lets take a look at our rival Deeks. This  club mount plesant even has an academy prinicipal an all...

Official Announcent of Mount Pleasant Academy - CVM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CesGDFAdaY

TVJ Sports News: Mount Pleasant Academy Opens New Field
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H63UKEo2zQY

Mount Pleasant Changeing Jamaica Football Landscape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhOVkgjavE4

Mount Pleasant Covid-19 Protocols At Mount Pleasant Academy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tzLJEC2hdw&t=318s

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2021, 01:35:58 PM »
Money is a problem in T&T football because it is not being placed into football, even if it abounds in the country. Football doesn't even capture the attention of money launderers.

Not significantly.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 01:38:08 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2021, 04:56:52 PM »
A resident academy requires plenty money. You will need to tutor the players and prepare them for GCE or the technical school equivalency. Outside of the protective services, NONE of the clubs has the ability to have an inhouse academy. Now the clubs with the collaboration of the TTFA can have a joint inhouse academy like the USSF has in Bradenton, Florida. But present something right now, that we will say ... YES!!!! that can work. I can't see it.

The funny thing money is not a problem in trinidad ... lets take a look at our rival Deeks. This  club mount plesant even has an academy prinicipal an all...

Dred, money is the problem. Leh me put it this way. The people who have the money have no interest. Comparing us with JA eh go work. We may have more similarities than less, but somehow we see and approach things differently. The economic and racial dynamic are different. Somehow JA get all the stakeholders(govt and business) to put out money for football, netball and TF. In TT we split along racial and ethnic lines. And unfortunately the people who play the most of the football in the country are at the bottom of the economic ladder. That is why football, basketball, netball depend on the govt too damn much. I see Panama is a multi racial and ethnic country. But the stakeholders(govt and business) pore money into their program. I see TT destroy Panama in the Oval. Dennis Lawrence made a solo run and scored a beaut. We won about 4-0. Now we struggle to beat them. They way past we now. Breds, I don't know what to tell you again. It is what it is. Until Afro Trinis come up with their own money to develop players, I see the sport heading the way of netball, basketball. In the doldrums.  All talk and no substance
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 05:02:02 PM by Deeks »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2021, 06:42:17 PM »

:beermug: :beermug:...ok. 1 :beermug:  for kounty too

We always had plenty players ( and yes some names).. is the observation, selection, mix  and management where we hardly get it right... maybe to many average players to choose from ?

Add:

Check the experience and mix below, which clubs they were able to make (besides previous experiences), compared with our current best local and expats, and their experience. Not considering the US game but our best possible picks now. This was our best team with the some measure that was able to get by, BARELY...  I think only Levi might be kinda playing close to anything in Europe... we had man who win treble, men who play EPL, a man who survive Germany. US top league men, Scottish top league men. Ah Aussie top league man, goal scorers. T&T top league men.
Now ah few IPL, a couple US, a couple Central america.etc.. The guys good, don't get me wrong..but Latas, Yorke, Shaka, Cornell, Whitley, Stern, a young KJ they were all special, all in that list..Like  Me Mum, not the greatest, but it's what they brought, how they were combined, even if not all used to our liking all the time. And we barely get thru..barely get shots, but represented like champions. They weren't worried about eat ah food, food was already ate. You didn't have to wonder how they were doing, they were in the news, local and foreign. We didn't depend on Flex,TM and associate to pull a clip, couple of them guys was live. Now papers mostly just have Molino and Levi, barely...

Yet we have what we have, and Yes, we must support, regardless of the result. However, we cannot set OUR expectations so high, and then dump on them when they don't play to our past exalted standards, because we know the game oh so well, from behind a screen.  I think our guys now, don't need a coach, not at this level, they need a manager. Tactics isn't rocket science, defend, attack left, middle or right. team organization, selction and setup is what's important. getting the individuals to do what they do best, and combining and tweaking it to suite a team and to play against the teams you must face. That is what i hope to see from our current manager, this is where he MUST earn his money. We don't need him to teach his best Ntl selections how to play football. This is where I will get my support.

Hey, I have some padnas look real good on youtube and facebook too.   :devil:

1   GK   Shaka Hislop   22 February 1969   26   England West Ham United
2   DF   Ian Cox   25 March 1971   16   England Gillingham
3   DF   Avery John   18 June 1975   58   United States New England Revolution
4   DF   Marvin Andrews   22 December 1975   98   Scotland Rangers
5   DF   Brent Sancho   13 March 1977   42   England Gillingham
6   DF   Dennis Lawrence   1 August 1974   65   Wales Wrexham
7   MF   Chris Birchall   5 May 1984   21   England Port Vale
8   DF   Cyd Gray   21 November 1976   41   Trinidad and Tobago San Juan Jabloteh
9   MF   Aurtis Whitley   1 May 1977   26   Trinidad and Tobago San Juan Jabloteh
10   FW   Russell Latapy   2 August 1968   66   Scotland Falkirk
11   MF   Carlos Edwards   24 October 1978   53   England Luton Town
12   FW   Collin Samuel   27 August 1981   19   Scotland Dundee United
13   FW   Cornell Glen   21 October 1980   37   United States Los Angeles Galaxy
14   FW   Stern John   30 October 1976   97   England Coventry City
15   FW   Kenwyne Jones   5 October 1984   30   England Southampton
16   MF   Evans Wise   23 November 1973   17   Germany Waldhof Mannheim
17   DF   Atiba Charles   29 September 1977   19   Trinidad and Tobago W Connection
18   MF   Densill Theobald   27 June 1982   40   Scotland Falkirk
19   FW   Dwight Yorke (c)   3 November 1971   56   Australia Sydney FC
20   FW   Jason Scotland   18 February 1979   25   Scotland St Johnstone
21   GK   Kelvin Jack   29 April 1976   32   Scotland Dundee
22   GK   Clayton Ince   13 July 1972   63   England Coventry City
23   MF   Anthony Wolfe   23 December 1983   4  Trinidad and Tobago San Juan Jabloteh

But ent Gally had a semi-pro team in 1989 and came within one point of qualifying for a WC compared to all the other teams at the time?

How about the team from 1973 in Haiti, were they pros at the time?

I guess it all boils down to the investment from the TTFA in grassroot football and the heart and desire of our players.

;D

Building a local team could be a step in the right direction.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2021, 07:05:31 PM »

But ent Gally had a semi-pro team in 1989 and came within one point of qualifying for a WC compared to all the other teams at the time?

I guess it all boils down to the investment from the TTFA in grassroot football and the heart and desire of our players.

;D

That is 32 and 48 years ago respectively. Times have changed and continue to change, but we standing still and in some cases going backwards. Right in the Caribbean, look at what Curacao is doing, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and so one. If we don't get our shit together, all we will be doing is reminiscing about de good old days. We are so far behind, it ent funny.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2021, 04:27:14 AM »

;D

That is 32 and 48 years ago respectively. Times have changed and continue to change, but we standing still and in some cases going backwards. Right in the Caribbean, look at what Curacao is doing, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and so one. If we don't get our shit together, all we will be doing is reminiscing about de good old days. We are so far behind, it ent funny.

This, Dominican Republic's league is way beyond ours right now - they're pulling in Argentinians, Colombians, and other Latin's - hell they even attracting Spanish players and coaches from time to time. Their game is professional for all intents and purposes, but still on a precipice as they need to bed in their SR growth. Curacao and Suriname are convincing excellent players in the Dutch league to play nationally. Hell Cuba will rise due to their national team players finally getting professional football overseas. Even Antigua and Barbados are on the up.

Our trajectory is straight down as it stands. The local game is on life support and there seems little interest in moving past reliance on a few rich men. Corporate engagement is DOA and MIA, community engagement is more a Super League thing, and youth players would rather play ball at school.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2021, 01:52:27 AM »

Dred, money is the problem. Leh me put it this way. The people who have the money have no interest. Comparing us with JA eh go work. We may have more similarities than less, but somehow we see and approach things differently. The economic and racial dynamic are different. Somehow JA get all the stakeholders(govt and business) to put out money for football, netball and TF. In TT we split along racial and ethnic lines. And unfortunately the people who play the most of the football in the country are at the bottom of the economic ladder. That is why football, basketball, netball depend on the govt too damn much. I see Panama is a multi racial and ethnic country. But the stakeholders(govt and business) pore money into their program. I see TT destroy Panama in the Oval. Dennis Lawrence made a solo run and scored a beaut. We won about 4-0. Now we struggle to beat them. They way past we now. Breds, I don't know what to tell you again. It is what it is. Until Afro Trinis come up with their own money to develop players, I see the sport heading the way of netball, basketball. In the doldrums.  All talk and no substance
Jamaica has something that TT does not have its called democracy Eric Williams and the PNM regime destroyed democracy in TT it will take generations to fix until the people of TT change there way of thinking things will never run properly in TT.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2021, 07:53:19 AM »
Jamaica has something that TT does not have its called democracy Eric Williams and the PNM regime destroyed democracy in TT it will take generations to fix until the people of TT change there way of thinking things will never run properly in TT.

Explain to us how Eric and PNM destroy democracy in TT. The fact is that there is different degrees of democracy. Democracy in TT is feisty and divisive due to the multi racial composition of the country. Each racial group want to take TT in a direction which suits their vision. JA is a predominantly Afro and culturally Afro-centric country. There are East Indian, Chinese and others in all walks of life there. But politically Afros dominate the country. Hence there is more conformity in the way JA think and do things. One thing I can say that the two major ethnic groups in TT have never fought pitch battles in the streets against one another. But I have doubts what could happen in the future. What we need to do is stop raising the ethnic and racial heat in the country. It easy to call for blood. But it hard to stop it when it begins to flow.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2021, 12:50:26 PM »

Explain to us how Eric and PNM destroy democracy in TT. The fact is that there is different degrees of democracy. Democracy in TT is feisty and divisive due to the multi racial composition of the country. Each racial group want to take TT in a direction which suits their vision. JA is a predominantly Afro and culturally Afro-centric country. There are East Indian, Chinese and others in all walks of life there. But politically Afros dominate the country. Hence there is more conformity in the way JA think and do things. One thing I can say that the two major ethnic groups in TT have never fought pitch battles in the streets against one another. But I have doubts what could happen in the future. What we need to do is stop raising the ethnic and racial heat in the country. It easy to call for blood. But it hard to stop it when it begins to flow.
For democracy to work you need a strong opposition Eric Williams destroyed the opposition party in TT he created a 1 party system in TT he and his cronies was able to do what ever they want it was not until ANR Robinson and Basdeo Panday did democracy return to TT.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2021, 02:42:42 PM »
For those that don't know events and situations and just like to parrot other ppl words. Read the person's own words, then understand the times and processes before choosing to disparage. Then use that history to make a change for the better. How did the milk spill, and putting things in place, is so much more beneficial than sitting on the pavement and crying for 60 + years on the milk being spilled. Or arguing and fighting about milk that has evaporated into nothing.

"Williams was the author of a number of books, among which were The Negro in the Caribbean (1942), Capitalism and Slavery (1944), History of the People of Trinidad and Tobago (1962), British Historians and the West Indies (1964), Inward Hunger: The Education of a Prime Minister (1969), and From Columbus to Castro: The History of the Caribbean, 1492–1969 (1970)."

"As prime minister, Williams practiced what was called “pragmatic socialism,” which stressed social services, improved education, and economic development through the cautious attraction of foreign investment capital. The policy was fruitful in making Trinidad and Tobago the wealthiest Commonwealth Caribbean nation. He was successively reelected and served as prime minister until his death."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Williams

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Eric-Williams

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2021, 03:49:38 PM »
Eric Williams was a great book writer but a poor leader people in TT need to stop mixing up the 2 he was giving a country with great wealth and potential but left TT broke because he was a failure as a leader.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2021, 03:59:33 PM »
Eric Williams was a great book writer but a poor leader people in TT need to stop mixing up the 2 he was giving a country with great wealth and potential but left TT broke because he was a failure as a leader.
Well now you just talking shit. Slide on. Sorry for interrupting.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2021, 06:37:11 PM »
Well now you just talking shit. Slide on. Sorry for interrupting.
The truth hurts and socialism sucks until the people of TT get rid of the PNM party they will never succeed on the international stage.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2021, 07:23:53 PM »
The truth hurts and socialism sucks until the people of TT get rid of the PNM party they will never succeed on the international stage.

Come back to the shallow end of the pool. You are conflating notions of a welfare state with that of socialism. In any event, the country whose capital is POS is not socialist. The truth would hurt if you would familiarize yourself with it, but as it stands you are merely bouncing yuh head on hollow nonsense because your real target is the PNM.

Anyhow, dahis ABTrini's beat, not mine. According to your proposition, many developing states would be socialist and that is about as far from the truth as M Woo Ling is Maradona.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 07:27:43 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2021, 07:33:08 PM »

For democracy to work you need a strong opposition Eric Williams destroyed the opposition party in TT he created a 1 party system in TT he and his cronies was able to do what ever they want it was not until ANR Robinson and Basdeo Panday did democracy return to TT.

In a democracy it is the duty of the Opposition to be loyal, but it is not the duty of the ruling party to sustain or maintain the viability of the Opposition. In any event, the NAR would not have emerged had the decimation you have imagined been fully realized or achieved.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2021, 09:07:46 PM »

In a democracy it is the duty of the Opposition to be loyal, but it is not the duty of the ruling party to sustain or maintain the viability of the Opposition. In any event, the NAR would not have emerged had the decimation you have imagined been fully realized or achieved.
Had the 1970 coupe been successful TT would have been much better off today.

1]; } ?>