April 17, 2024, 09:20:58 PM

Author Topic: Was Beenie Man (a.k.a. Don Leo) Outcoached???  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Was Beenie Man (a.k.a. Don Leo) Outcoached???
« on: November 13, 2005, 07:02:37 AM »
Of all the games I have seen this was the Warriors worst performance under Beenie.  I put most of the blame on the players present on the pitch.  In doing so, one does not give credit to the opposition which I believe to be unfair.  To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction!!

The following questions begs to be asked:
Were we truly prepared for this Bahrain team?
What was our game plan, knowing that the opposing team was coming to play for a draw (mainly defensive)?
Was the Belgian better than de Dutchman on Saturday in having his team play to their strengths?
Were Beenie in game changes effective?  Other than the obvious player changes, what were they?
What role did the coach play in the mental preparation for a game of this magnitude at home?

After looking at the game again today, I might try myself to answer some of these questions!!!

Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Was Beenie Man (a.k.a. Don Leo) Outcoached???
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 07:11:43 AM »
i dont think he was outcoached i just think tht d players played with a lack of ugency and they underestimated d team. i think wednesday they should realize they work they have to do to win
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 07:16:10 AM »
i dont think he was outcoached i just think tht d players played with a lack of ugency and they underestimated d team. i think wednesday they should realize they work they have to do to win

my sentiments exactly

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 07:21:47 AM »
My Problem fellas is I don't know which team will show up,the team that win against mexico or the team that played bahrain.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 07:30:38 AM »
The man get outcoached. Bahrain play shit and get away with a draw. Even moreso, they play shit and we couldn't dominate them like we should. The surest sign of him being outcoached was that the team switched to a 4-4-2 in the second half, Dwight Yorke get push back up front and Latas get shunted to the left with Whitley deep and Birchall as the attacking mid? Shouldn't it be the other way around? And the sight of the players coming to the field at half time and Latas still explaining to men what their role is, with Lawrence obviously gesticulating to show that he doh understand something or doh like something shows volumes that during the halftime talk the coach was not able to get across his ideas to the team. That smacks of lack of prparedness...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 07:43:23 AM »
The man get outcoached. Bahrain play shit and get away with a draw. Even moreso, they play shit and we couldn't dominate them like we should. The surest sign of him being outcoached was that the team switched to a 4-4-2 in the second half, Dwight Yorke get push back up front and Latas get shunted to the left with Whitley deep and Birchall as the attacking mid? Shouldn't it be the other way around? And the sight of the players coming to the field at half time and Latas still explaining to men what their role is, with Lawrence obviously gesticulating to show that he doh understand something or doh like something shows volumes that during the halftime talk the coach was not able to get across his ideas to the team. That smacks of lack of prparedness...

I believe the problem for T&T was that they started having visions of playing in Germany before they even played the first play off game. You really cant fault thefans for that, but it seems teh players themselves were doing the same too. There was never a sense of Urgency from teh home team, no hard tackling, no passion.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 07:44:23 AM »
Bahrain executed their plan better. As a coach it took real balls to remove Latapy but it was the right move (maybe Yorke instead but certainly not Whitley, Birchall or Edwards).

He recognize that latas was not adjusting to the way they were playing him and he take hime off.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 07:55:02 AM »
Latas had a poor game. Hope he step things up wednesday.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 08:43:53 AM »
latas said he was a bit jetlagged so maybe thats a reason and a 16hour flight to bahrain isn't going to help
but i think that the whole country not just the players had a sense of over confidence a if we are already there and i am not excluding myself i thought our odds were great but we need to realised we have to work to get there

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2005, 08:51:45 AM »
bak-rain  did thier homework well....just look at who they nullified and look at who were subsituted.......but...but...i think they played thier best game....and yes i think they are not a very good team...trinidad and tobago still has a good game to play....bak-rain already did....no13 talal yousef is a good player...hubail is not fit....and looks overweight.....and yuh know what....dat jackass crowd did not deserve to see tnt win yesterday......stinking mother f#uckers
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Trini Simply Better

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2005, 09:04:36 AM »
latas said he was a bit jetlagged so maybe thats a reason and a 16hour flight to bahrain isn't going to help
but i think that the whole country not just the players had a sense of over confidence a if we are already there and i am not excluding myself i thought our odds were great but we need to realised we have to work to get there

The smartest thing I have heard in this forum in a long time.  I'v been trying to tell you guys that you must respect our opponent, but all you guys were talking about is what you will wear in Germany and who will be in your group :rotfl:  Wake up before its too late.  Now they T&T fans are playing the blaming game.

Offline Trini Simply Better

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 09:06:30 AM »
bak-rain  did thier homework well....just look at who they nullified and look at who were subsituted.......but...but...i think they played thier best game....and yes i think they are not a very good team...trinidad and tobago still has a good game to play....bak-rain already did....no13 talal yousef is a good player...hubail is not fit....and looks overweight.....and yuh know what....dat jackass crowd did not deserve to see tnt win yesterday......stinking mother f#uckers

Hubail will surprise you... He was not at all utilized yesterday, but his time will come.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2005, 09:10:30 AM »

The smartest thing I have heard in this forum in a long time.  I'v been trying to tell you guys that you must respect our opponent, but all you guys were talking about is what you will wear in Germany and who will be in your group :rotfl:  Wake up before its too late.  Now they T&T fans are playing the blaming game.
Hush yuh ass!
TnT Patriot

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2005, 09:10:55 AM »

Hubail will surprise you... He was not at all utilized yesterday, but his time will come.
Hush yuh ass!
TnT Patriot

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2005, 09:21:11 AM »
Was Beenie outcoached?

Certainly food for thought.  It have some coaches on dis board so I would like to hear from them on this topic.

With regards to the point that the team plays better in the 2nd leg of a back to back, I would normally agree this is a positive.

However...that may well be nullified by a 16 hour flight to Bahrain AS WELL AS climactic conditions that we're not accustomed to.  It more dan likely goin to be flikkin HOT...temperature wise....in Bahrain.  So if we was playing slower dan molasses in comfortable conditions in T&T and man sayin they were jet lagged as an explanation for that, how yuh tink we go play on Wednesday given we have more jet lag and less comfortable conditions?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2005, 11:41:41 AM »
I don't think that is the right question now.
Even if all 11 don't understand their tasks they could still win some more headers and win one on ones.
T&T had a real important and more difficult task, they had to MAKE the game.
Let's look at it possitive T&T played real bad and still made a draw.
If they play 10 % better T&T will beat them easily.... I know they still have to improve whatever side you look at it.

Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2005, 12:07:22 PM »
Hell yeah, he was outcoached.  After the game, he immediately started pointing fingers at players, first symptom of being outcoached.  Yes, the players did not play to their potential but why did the players look so tired?  It seems maybe they did not have enough rest.

Or maybe Nakid really help Bahrain?

Of all the games I have seen this was the Warriors worst performance under Beenie.  I put most of the blame on the players present on the pitch.  In doing so, one does not give credit to the opposition which I believe to be unfair.  To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction!!

The following questions begs to be asked:
Were we truly prepared for this Bahrain team?
What was our game plan, knowing that the opposing team was coming to play for a draw (mainly defensive)?
Was the Belgian better than de Dutchman on Saturday in having his team play to their strengths?
Were Beenie in game changes effective?  Other than the obvious player changes, what were they?
What role did the coach play in the mental preparation for a game of this magnitude at home?

After looking at the game again today, I might try myself to answer some of these questions!!!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2005, 12:09:10 PM »
WAGGONIST TAKE OVER WE BOARD :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2005, 12:13:59 PM »
beenie been through this before. alot of supporters forget that this a 2-game playoffs. most of them seem to think the warriors could win it in the 1st leg alone. 16th is the real match. beenie's coaching experience will come through in the 2nd leg.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 12:40:36 PM »
This post is not meant to come across as doubting Beenie (or a lack of belief in our Warriors).  If we can say that the players had an off day, why can't we question Beenie??  Man use to kill BSC, Potter, and anyone in between.  No one is above question in this run to Germany!!!  Beenie big but we have seen big coaches in every sport one upped by their opposing coach.  An answer to this question might give an insight to the poor performance on the pitch and at the same time give credit (maybe to our opponent) where it is due.  If we can call Bahrain a sh*t team, then we should be ashamed to say that "Bahrain come home and draw with us."

As for Waggonist talk, ..........
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 12:44:31 PM »
This post is not meant to come across as doubting Beenie (or a lack of belief in our Warriors).  If we can say that the players had an off day, why can't we question Beenie??  Man use to kill BSC, Potter, and anyone in between.  No one is above question in this run to Germany!!!  Beenie big but we have seen big coaches in every sport one upped by their opposing coach.  An answer to this question might give an insight to the poor performance on the pitch and at the same time give credit (maybe to our opponent) where it is due.  If we can call Bahrain a sh*t team, then we should be ashamed to say that "Bahrain come home and draw with us."

As for Waggonist talk, ..........

Agree 100%
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 12:53:35 PM »
not really ... I just think it was 2 equal teams playing a crappy game  ;D

1]; } ?>