April 16, 2024, 03:34:00 PM

Author Topic: Makan Hislop says U-21s will turn it up.  (Read 10503 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Makan Hislop says U-21s will turn it up.
« on: April 03, 2006, 05:36:19 AM »
Makan Hislop says U-21s will turn it up.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Trinidad and Tobago Under 21 team captain Makan Hislop believes that his team can put Friday’s dismal performance behind them and put on the type of showing required in their must win affair with Haiti in Tuesday’s closing CAC Games qualifier at the Larry Gomes Stadium.
Hislop and his teammates were in the stands looking on at the late arriving Haitians comfortable go past Dominica 5-1 on a sunny Sunday evening. The losers were the same boys which Hislop and company had to wait until a last minute Judah Hernandez equalizer to salvage a point against.
“We know that Friday’s performance was not anywhere close to our best so we are expecting to come out and do a lot better,” Hislop told TTFF Media on Sunday. “This is a do or die for us.”
“Part of the problem I think though was everyone expected us to win the game and as a result we all also expected to win the game and we didn’t play good enough to get the result. We were too confident and we didn’t work hard enough,” added the Tobago born US-based player.
For the first time ever, a national team other than the senior team has included more than five overseas-based players with eight in total and Hislop explained that it was definitely a plus and he doesn’t feel it has had a negative effect on the team’s overall readiness.
“I have been very surprised because within our team we haven’t had any problems anything like a dislike between the local players and the ones from abroad. Before quite a few of the foreign-based players on this team were also based locally up to two years ago so we know each other and we can relate well with each other,” Hislop said.
“When most of us came back, there was no negative vibes and I think this can continue in the future. I think too that there shouldn’t be much problems with players who go abroad and have to have any fears of being forgotten about when it comes to the national team or local football on a whole. In the past we have had times when no one contacted them and they may have been lost to national football. But now this is changing and more are playing with the national team. It was great for us to have the camps before since December and the chance being given for players to come and be part of the training. This shows that the Federation and management is thinking about the future and that they are putting things in place for the overseas players will not be lost out there,” Hislop added.
Meantime, the Haitians upped the tempo in the second half to set up a virtual final with the hosts on Tuesday. Though the Dominicans were able to contain a jaded looking Haitian outfit in the first forty minutes, the deadlock was broken in the 41st minute when Rood Kelly drilled his effort home on the rebound from a free kick taken by Dacius Gilles. Before that Gilles; shot went inches wide as Haiti tried for the go ahead goal in the 38th minute.
Then in the 46th minute Fritzron Jean Baptiste neatly converted from inside the penalty box and Gilles added a second five minutes later to put the Haitians into a cushion position. Etienne Yveson (82nd) and Innocent Jean Junior (87th) added numbers to the final scoreline. They will now go through with even a draw while T&T must win to go through as the sole winners of the Group to July’s CAC Games in Colombia.
Chicago Fire likes the look of Makan Hislop.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

National Under 21 captain Makan Hislop has attracted interest from MLS team Chicago Fire. The former national under 17 player impressed during a recent training match between Fire and T&T U21s and he is excited over the prospect of playing on the professional stage after his College years. Kansas City Wizards have also expressed interest in the Tobago-born player through his coaches at University of South Carolina.
“I would love to play in the MLS if the chance comes up after the one year I have at College. I have heard of some interest from Chicago Fire but nothing has been confirmed and I am prepared to just keep playing hard and learning more about the game,” Hislop said. “If that doesn’t work out then I’m definitely ready to give the local league a try and get more time with the national team,” he added.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 05:22:17 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good Go Captain!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 06:29:28 AM »
This man is DEFINITELY one for the NEAR future, a true LEADER, and a defender with PACE...something lacking in the Senior team. he also takes some MEAN free-kicks!!! 2010 starting to look better!

Good luck tomorrow fellas, we will be there to support you!!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Makan Hislop says U-21s will turn it up.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 07:23:51 AM »
Makan should get a trial with our current senior team... he might quicker make the team than the last five new players Beenhakker called.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 07:26:51 AM »
Yes teach Haiti a lesson. Then Fire the coach wayyyyyyy BEFORE the CAC games so we could prepare properly.

Imagine we coach say he ent need to study Dominica THEY need to study us.....Boy ah wish England say that about T&T :rotfl:

TrinInfinite

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 08:46:19 AM »
makan is a boss, is we coach who i unsure about oui, after dat interview he standing on shaky ground, he have som much talent on dis team and dont know how to use it.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 10:10:19 AM »
ron did say he wanted makhan to get a trial with beenie

after this then we go see wat going on

ps big mag any word on d abu bakar situation??
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 10:59:17 AM »
Yes teach Haiti a lesson. Then Fire the coach wayyyyyyy BEFORE the CAC games so we could prepare properly.

Imagine we coach say he ent need to study Dominica THEY need to study us.....Boy ah wish England say that about T&T :rotfl:

Famous last words ...Ron is the typical Trini coach who will be confident of victory before the game and can tell you why he lorse after !
The answer my friends is not blowing in the wind the answer is in the admin. Ron did not select himself neither did Shabazz but they are still there nest pas ?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 11:01:09 AM »
makan is a boss, is we coach who i unsure about oui, after dat interview he standing on shaky ground, he have som much talent on dis team and dont know how to use it.

Yes TI the coach is de problem. Whom cares what a player on the team says it is the coach who is in chage and he as already fooled us against Dominica .....

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 11:11:38 AM »
nest pas ?

excuse moi, s'il vous plait
il est  "'n'est-ce pas ?'" :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
jez kicksin ok?

Asi es !

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 11:14:30 AM »

Amen; and Amen; and Amen again!  To make such a statement displays such incompetence and total ignorance of team sports in the 21st century
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

MickeyRat

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 11:44:22 AM »
Until Makan has proven himself in this tournament, let's stop biggin up players.  Men done start praising and we eh win ah blasted game yet.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 11:53:46 AM »
Until Makan has proven himself in this tournament, let's stop biggin up players.  Men done start praising and we eh win ah blasted game yet.

Exactly !

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 01:38:45 PM »

Exactly !

but that particular youth is Good.. He hadda get a lil bigup.. I en see nutten rong wid dat, even if by some miraculos force we loose to haiti..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 02:00:09 PM »

Exactly !

but that particular youth is Good.. He hadda get a lil bigup.. I en see nutten rong wid dat, even if by some miraculos force we loose to haiti..

It is not that anyone wants to put down the youth or any youth. The problem is that he can not speak for the team that is the job of the man in charge and you heard what he said before the game against Dominica.....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2006, 04:03:19 PM »
well said de rat.....and this goes just not for hislop....but plenty of these so called "big players"
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2006, 07:11:40 PM »

Exactly !

It is not that anyone wants to put down the youth or any youth. The problem is that he can not speak for the team that is the job of the man in charge and you heard what he said before the game against Dominica.....

buh wha the jail!!!
why he cant speak for the team, he plays on the team, represents the team, is the damn CAPTAIN of the team, he there on the field with the rest of the players, been in camp training with the rest of the fellas, who better to speak up and say that the team did not play up to their own standard, and that they can and will play better.
by that same logic Yorke should not be talking for the senior team then since he is not the coach, i guess then its wrong for him to say TnT not going to Germany just to make up numbers, and for him to say that the team will not be intimidated.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 05:08:47 AM »

Exactly !

buh wha the jail!!!
why he cant speak for the team, he plays on the team, represents the team, is the damn CAPTAIN of the team, he there on the field with the rest of the players, been in camp training with the rest of the fellas, who better to speak up and say that the team did not play up to their own standard, and that they can and will play better.
by that same logic Yorke should not be talking for the senior team then since he is not the coach, i guess then its wrong for him to say TnT not going to Germany just to make up numbers, and for him to say that the team will not be intimidated.

He is a boy in a man´s world. He is a young promising player whose opinion is like that of a child in a national debate. The point made is that the tech staff should be made to explain the performances of the team. Every player wants to do well so an interview with a player proves what ????
However we like to blame the players when the team does badly and praise the coaches when they do well !

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 05:40:55 AM »
He is a boy in a man´s world.( ??? ) He is a young promising player whose opinion is like that of a child in a national debate. The point made is that the tech staff should be made to explain the performances of the team. Every player wants to do well so an interview with a player proves what ????
However we like to blame the players when the team does badly and praise the coaches when they do well !
:shameonyou: dont you think that if you were refered to in this manner when you were his age that YOU would expect the person to rephrase their comment. Please and Thanks

Plain talk is often  considered bad manners and the truth sometimes hurts. The boy is not to be blamed. The Tech staff ...for want of a better word...are as usual blaming the players. I am writing this after the result of the game against Haiti. I did not see the game so have listened to the post game comments of the experts....again the same ....-blaming the players ...why ...because we lost !
Fitness is the reason according to Corneal and Ron but who selected these unfit players ?????
Want some plain talk ??? WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TECH: TO TEACH AT THIS LEVEL:
Ron is my good friend and I not afraid to say that to his face when I see him. You see i do not depend on the TTFF for a living and I dont expect free gate entries for games. We can bury our faces in the sand but when we look up things will be the same !
The first thing that an alcoholic needs to face is the fact that he is one !
Are we prepared to deal with the fact that we need help ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2021, 01:28:51 PM »
LISTEN: Former Trinidad and Tobago Mens National Senior Team defender, 2001 World Youth Cup player and National Beach Soccer player Makan Hislop explains how Tobagonians often get a raw deal when striving for international selection.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qF2nLMHHftY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qF2nLMHHftY</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2021, 03:51:02 PM »
that's certainly not true, it's just than tobago have a smaller player pool compared to trinidad's 1.5 million. i was shocked the other dat to find out that tobago's population is only 60,000, so what do they want, they had about 4 players on the last team under hart, they had cyrus, kevan george, trevin ceaser, and keon danial before he played the fool and fell out of favor with hart. i believe if the layers are good then they would be selected. that what he's talking about is long ago occurrence.

the last four coaches we had could care less about where you're from. otto fister a german has no skin in the two island quarrell, hart could have cared less, all he wanted was sokid players in his squad, even dennis who went far and wide looking for players would have allowed a dog to play as long as the dog brought something to the team.

as for terry, i could truly say that he was the first TT coach who actually gave everyone a shot, it's a shame what they did to that man who only loss one game and was fired because he didn't bring us to the hex, what foolishness.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2021, 09:34:13 PM »
that's certainly not true, it's just than tobago have a smaller player pool compared to trinidad's 1.5 million. i was shocked the other dat to find out that tobago's population is only 60,000, so what do they want, they had about 4 players on the last team under hart, they had cyrus, kevan george, trevin ceaser, and keon danial before he played the fool and fell out of favor with hart. i believe if the layers are good then they would be selected. that what he's talking about is long ago occurrence.

the last four coaches we had could care less about where you're from. otto fister a german has no skin in the two island quarrell, hart could have cared less, all he wanted was sokid players in his squad, even dennis who went far and wide looking for players would have allowed a dog to play as long as the dog brought something to the team.

as for terry, i could truly say that he was the first TT coach who actually gave everyone a shot, it's a shame what they did to that man who only loss one game and was fired because he didn't bring us to the hex, what foolishness.

You have completely missed the point and mischaracterized Makan's point. If you lived in Tobago and just had to travel to Trinidad to buy stuff, you would have a little understanding of the dilemma.
1. He clearly stated experiences he has had and others from Tobago. Are you saying he is lying?
2. The natural logistical challenges of travel back and forth between Trinidad and Tobago and housing arrangements for Tobagonians require special planning and execution if Tobago players are to get a fair opportunity.
3. Sure Hart may have given fair treatment but that has never been constant throughout the years.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2021, 10:29:03 PM »
so pull stones, if Tobago only had a population of 10,000 they should be happy with one senior NT player? But Carenage or La Horquetta could pack players in? What kind of twisted scene is that? 60,000 population so they should just cool wid 4? Nah man! Tobago is to be treated as if it was Point or Chaguanas or Couva or Arima. Follow the talent not the address.

Nothing like telling a victim those are not the facts. I heard every word Makan spoke and I am surprised anyone would take issue with his comments. Park yuh bus, all ah Tobago coming fuh yuh.

1]; } ?>