March 19, 2024, 04:41:25 AM

Author Topic: Fire Terry Fenwick  (Read 5489 times)

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Fire Terry Fenwick
« on: March 31, 2021, 01:27:10 PM »
Ain pass through in a while and came to say something on the above titled thread. Surprised to find none! Why d stickin? Accept we made a mistake, correct it and let's move on. 
He Is Highly

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Terry Fenwick
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 01:52:57 PM »
You can tell that this man style of football is not currently working. I hope he prove me wrong.

Fire TF and replace him with who? That might be the million dollar question after July.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 02:58:59 PM »
ABTF?  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 06:29:03 PM »
I was hoping that he could get TT past the play offs but when I see the type of football he has TT playing they need to pull the plug on TF as soon as possible Haddad better grow some balls and fire his backside   right now.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 08:30:29 PM »
Jesus Christ not this rubbish? where do trinis get off thinking that we are somehow entitled to roll over teams and play a pristine brand of football like brazil? the reality is that we are no longer producing players like before, and to make thing worst there is zero dollars being spend on football, what do you people want?

Terry might not be a mancini or a wenger but he has the lads playing organized. So we drew against Peurto rico a team we should’ve steam rolled, oh really? how many of you know that PR lost only 1-0 to Spain in a friendly some time a back and now has majority of their players out there in the MLS, USL and in the lower leagues in spain? not to mention they have a growing domestic league.

this is not the same minnow team that we beat 8-0 ten years ago people, they are actually pumping big money into their program and trying to build from scratch, and if we don’t follow suite and start doing right by football we will continue to be making these “FIRE THE COACHES” thread until we get the message.

There is a pandemic on and considering the circumstances the coach has done quite well organizing the local lads despite the inactivity of the league for the past two years, and giving them the opportunity to train and sharpen their skills. to be honest most of these lads are not 100% match fit but they’re still out there giving it their all despite being on the road for two weeks and not playing at home. what do you people want, blood?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 08:36:25 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 08:49:04 PM »
I know what the problem is here, you all sit down every weekend with your barca, Chelsea and Man united jerseys and watch top class billion dollar industry football leagues with the best players and coaches money can buy, you don’t support a port vale, a luton town, Bristol rovers, colchester, grimsby town, not even a blackburn rovers.

you don’t know what it’s like to be real fans, to follow your supporter base to the pub for a pint carrying your flags and blowing horns with your banners and flags waving and singing team songs of valor and chants of encouragement all the way to the park, then your team loses their home game to a team we had no business losing to. then we go back to the pub to vent and drown our sorrows until next week when we do it all over again with a hardcore traveling contingent.

Then the season is over and we survived relegation and plans are on the way on how to make the team, the firm/fanbase and the park even more efficient. people volunteer their time and give back to their clubs be it in    community service to the academy or donations in whatever way. you people in trinidad don’t even attend pro league games, it’s beneath you. imagine a big league cup final and the stadium is like a ghost town, and had it not been for the school children being bussed in the SSFL finals would be pathetic. So what football fans are you?

You all sit by your TV and watch big money football and wants to see the same performance from lads that would struggle to make a championship league team....well with the exception of jovin, telfer, molino and Aubrey david, the rest of the lads are at best league two quality.

BTW Aubrey david is a beast, can’t believe how much he has improved, but seriously though, we just don’t have the quality right now, but we can still be fans and support the team instead of tearing down the coach, and only after three games in charge? It’s nonsensical.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 03:24:53 AM by pull stones »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 08:50:40 PM »
Jesus Christ not this rubbish? where do trinis get off thinking that we are somehow entitled to roll over teams and play a pristine brand of football like brazil? the reality is that we are no longer producing players like before, and to make thing worst there is zero dollars being spend on football, what do you people want?

Terry might not be a mancini or a wenger but he has the lads playing organized. So we drew against Peurto rico a team we should’ve steam rolled, oh really? how many of you know that PR lost only 1-0 to Spain in a friendly some time a back?

this is not the same minnow team that we beat 8-0 ten years ago people, they are actually pumping big money into their program and trying to build from scratch, and if we don’t follow suite and start doing right by football we will continue to be making these “FIRE THE COACHES” thread until we get the message.

There is a pandemic on and considering the circumstances the coach has done quite well organizing the local lads despite the inactivity of the league for the past two years, and giving them the opportunity to train and sharpen their skills. to be honest most of these lads are not 100% match fit but they’re still out there giving it their all despite being on the road for two weeks and not playing at home. what do you people want, blood?

Meh brotha, I agree with you to a certain extent. Puerto Rico may have improved, but they still lose to St Kitts. So is it that PR has gotten that much better and they lose to St Kitts? Or is it that St Kitts got better too? Or is it that PR has not improved as much as you think? The problem is more us and that brand of football that TF is promoting. If Frenderup wasnt in goal, it would have been 3-1 for PR, just to put things into context.

Guys who have been following the team for years know that we are way better than that. I watched the game. That team look horrible. Wait till they play a hard black man small island team like Grenada or SVG. Them fellas will play with way more speed, physicality and tenacity than PR.

I willing to give TF a chance. But that game told me we are in big trouble if something doesn't change soon. 

I said it before and I say it again, the final game between Us and St Kitts, will decide the group.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 09:39:53 PM »

Terry might not be a mancini or a wenger but he has the lads playing organized. So we drew against Peurto rico a team we should’ve steam rolled, oh really? how many of you know that PR lost only 1-0 to Spain in a friendly some time a back?

There is a pandemic on and considering the circumstances the coach has done quite well organizing the local lads despite the inactivity of the league for the past two years, and giving them the opportunity to train and sharpen their skills. to be honest most of these lads are not 100% match fit but they’re still out there giving, it their all despite being on the road for two weeks and not playing at home. what do you people want, blood?

Meh brotha, I agree with you to a certain extent. Puerto Rico may have improved, but they still lose to St Kitts. So is it that PR has gotten that much better and they lose to St Kitts? Or is it that St Kitts got better too? Or is it that PR has not improved as much as you think? The problem is more us and that brand of football that TF is promoting. If Frenderup wasnt in goal, it would have been 3-1 for PR, just to put things into context.

Guys who have been following the team for years know that we are way better than that. I watched the game. That team look horrible. Wait till they play a hard black man small island team like Grenada or SVG. Them fellas will play with way more speed, physicality and tenacity than PR.

I willing to give TF a chance. But that game told me we are in big trouble if something doesn't change soon. 

I said it before and I say it again, the final game between Us and St Kitts, will decide the group.
listen up here my friend. I have been following this team just as much as any other fan here or even more. I started watching TT football in 1989 when my uncle took me to see that world cup game at his best friends house in liverpool, they had a big party with food and drinks and after we loss the party crashed.

from then I have been watching the team losing to teams like mexico and honduras over the years. I’ve seen the ancil el cocks in mexico, the nakids in costa rica the stern John’s in honduras, the marvin andrews in El Salvador and the list goes on. my favorite players were Leonson lewis, Clint Marcelle and marvin fuastin, those boys were better than latapy in my opinion.

I’ve seen Arnold dwarika fighting and running his socks off both in qualifying and in gold cup appearances but lacked the quality to make it happen, some how mexico and Costa Rica always had our number despite how much we gave them hell and always found a way to win.

so my friend, I do think i’ve earned the right and am qualified to critique our football. and at this critical juncture of the game and after all that has happened, not just with covid and the lack of playing time, but also the awful state DJW had football in, I think we owe it to the team and the coach to be patient and stop with this witch hunt, it’s to bloody soon. Trinidadians too disruptive and love too much bacchanal in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 11:10:27 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2021, 10:53:28 PM »
We’re really going there by saying that fenderup actually saved us from defeat? ok then if that’s the case then how many times did Tim Howard, kelor navas, Louis lopez and Ochoa saved their respective countries and took them to the world cup? come on people where do we draw the line, after all isn’t it a goal keeper’s duty to save goals?

I don’t hear mexico and the usa saying thank god for our goalie or else we would have been food for the taking. they take the points and move on regardless as to how poor their performance was on the day or how weak they deem their opponents. but I know what’s our problem, we were so used to poor shoddy goal keeping that when we finally got a decent goal keeper we childishly seek to deny the players and undermine the coaches accomplishments by attributing it to one outstanding player, and that in its self is very petty and disruptive thinking.

It’s like the team is not entitled to one poor performance, and why not? The team has been traveling and living out of a suite case for two weeks, then had to travel the next day after a tough competitive match and with very little recovery time. so in other words it’s traveling, playing away, no recovery time and back to back games within three days, come on people have a heart, what do you expect under those conditions? leave the coach alone and stop being so petty.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 03:33:21 AM by pull stones »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2021, 11:48:22 PM »
Ain pass through in a while and came to say something on the above titled thread. Surprised to find none! Why d stickin? Accept we made a mistake, correct it and let's move on. 

The major issue is, look Loy is not in charge anymore... the normalization committee is the front man with fifa as the puppet master..

So let’s say we replace Fenwick, then the NC will appoint another stooge that they control. Don’t forget who’s paying Fenwick salary, just like tallest, so TT are not the winners in the end... they intend to control TT football and Caribbean football and have it where it is, below everyone else...

If you get rid of the NC and cut ties with our local govt who are sell outs as well, then maybe a private sector sponsor or sponsors will have a chance, but then fifa will ban us because they can’t control us..

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2021, 03:28:08 AM »

so wait guyana was a white man team north of the equator? thanks for telling me, I must have missed something. ;D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 03:30:09 AM by pull stones »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2021, 07:20:40 AM »

so wait guyana was a white man team north of the equator? thanks for telling me, I must have missed something. ;D

Guyana was a bunch of 5th division English boys. Put them up against the Bajan team that almost held Panama at home and that Guyanese team would have lost. Btw, we only beat Guyana because of their mistakes. We never really outplayed them.

My point Pull stones is that we got the tie because we played like crap. Watch the game my friend. It was embarrassing to watch.

If TF continues to use the same approach, I dont see anything positive coming out of it. Sure let's give him a chance, but there is a fine line between belief and reality. The belief is based on hope that TF can get the results.

The reality is that we tied a team that we could/should have beaten. We tied that game because we were outplayed. TF is using pro league kick and chase English tactics. Ugly football in my opinion. Guys were quick to point that out by the end of the first half.

Yes it is still early and I am willimg to give TF a chance. But the realist in me is saying that, based on the last 2 games, TF is not showing that he is cut out for the job. It reminds me of DLs first couple of games. I was willing to give him the chance, but at the back of my mind, I knew that he wasn't able to match Hart.

Pull stones, you're one of the few posters on here who makes good points. But this belief that PR has gotten tremendously better is not sitting with me. It's more us on a decline. A good coach should be able to fix that. Hart did. And I hope TF can.

No where in this thread did I ask for TFs blood. Read my posts again. My main argument with you Pullstones is that Puerto hasnt gotten that much better to be outplaying us like that. How much has PR improved? They lost to ST Kitts. And we tie PR. If PR has become that mighty, they would have at least pulled a tie with St Kitts.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 07:23:49 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2021, 10:02:32 AM »
My brother you’re all over the place and still did not get my drift. My point is that we don’t always get exactly what we want when we want it, and that is what kills me with trinidadian fans, they have no patience and want it regardless of the circumstances.

Allow me to repeat myself. We have no league now for two years and counting, our federation has no money and is in dire straights with no president to speak of. we were suspended and wasn’t even sure that we would be allowed to participate in this tournament, not to mention that we had to forfeit our home game and travel to DR, and to add to that the foreign base only had a couple days and i mean a couple days to train with the team,

then if that wasn’t enough the players were also traumatized with a covid scare in the team and wasn’t sure if they would have been allowed to travel to PR, and to compound on that the team were battered by guyana in a grueling physical match that left quite a few players nursing injuries who had to travel the very next day with no recovery time to play a match in 48 hours.

do you really believe the lads had enough in them to go up against a well organized team in PR and give a satisfactory performance? Come on mate this is not about terry, and I’ll tell you why, Steven hart played a brilliant game vs mexico and with only two days rest went into a knockout game with panama, and by the intensity of play you could tell that these weren’t the same players who ent up against mexico a few days prior, and simply because they were tired and did not recover from the previous game, not to mention the traveling.

You must also remember that the great steven hart also loss his last eight matches in charge, apparently he had lost the dressing room though I doubt that, I believe he was too predictable and his opponents eventually prepared well to face him.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 10:06:32 AM by pull stones »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2021, 10:08:22 AM »
pull stones, what it is ah tell You?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2021, 10:41:24 AM »
BTW all the other caribbean teams you mentioned all have UK born and bred players, and not only guyana. in fact I think st kitts has about 5 brits on their roster and a couple US based players. these teams are not only out playing us just because they stepped up their game, a lot of these teams actually are over run with UK born and bred second generation caribbean players.

PR has about 8 starters who live and ply their trade outside of PR,in fact apart from barbados I believe we’re the only team with two foreign bred players in our starting line up. and FYI I don’t believe any of those rough house caribbean teams could beat us especially when we’re at home and well prepared,

and while we are on the subject of beating caribean opposition, you seem to think that goals come by genius when in fact 95% teams that score on another team was as a direct result of a mistake made by the losing team, so of course guyana made mistakes and we capitalized on it, isn’t that how football generally works? enough with the excuses and give the lads and the coach some credit mate, we are not brazil nor even Costa Rica, and with good reason, we don’t spend any kind of money on sports so in retrospect you get what you pay for.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 10:52:51 AM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2021, 10:42:26 AM »
remind me deeks.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2021, 12:03:50 PM »
Yes. Let's fire Fenwick now and owe another million dollars we don't have. Is there any self-respecting coach who would sign a contract with this rudderless, bankrupt organization. Yes! Some coach who have no job and looing for some free money from a lawsuit.
All yuh good eh!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2021, 12:57:15 PM »
The match was winnable.

Indeed, we WERE winning despite not playing well and despite a player having a genuine opportunity to cement the proceedings to make it 2-0. Yes, there are a litany of problems in T&T football, but players do not need a coach to tell them that the clock is ticking towards the final whistle and that urgency is needed. That was a match in which our wounds were self-inflicted.

If you had said to Hyland, today you all don't have a coach, you pick an XI, go out there and WHIP Puerto Rico' s ass and btw play for pride and don't lose because we have NEVER lost to this territory, how much worse could Hyland have done? Guaranteed the job would have been done and there would have been more attempts on goal.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2021, 02:15:02 PM »
Lets be blunt, sacking Fenwick will harm us more than help. The debt is still #1, #2 and #3 priorities for me personally (which is why he shouldn't have got such a lucrative contract...). If we've paid him out for several years we had best use him

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2021, 02:21:13 PM »
Terry might not be a mancini or a wenger but he has the lads playing organized.

???  Organized?

Ah wouldn't like to see your interpretation of disorganized  ;D

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2021, 02:24:33 PM »
The match was winnable.

Indeed, we WERE winning despite not playing well and despite a player having a genuine opportunity to cement the proceedings to make it 2-0. Yes, there are a litany of problems in T&T football, but players do not need a coach to tell them that the clock is ticking towards the final whistle and that urgency is needed. That was a match in which our wounds were self-inflicted.

If you had said to Hyland, today you all don't have a coach, you pick an XI, go out there and WHIP Puerto Rico' s ass and btw play for pride and don't lose because we have NEVER lost to this territory, how much worse could Hyland have done? Guaranteed the job would have been done and there would have been more attempts on goal.

So essentially you are saying here that we didn’t need a coach to produce this result, the players could have won without Fenwick and coached themselves with my least favorite player, Hyland lol

Which to me Its saying, Fenwick is worthless and backs up my thread  :D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 11:16:14 AM by Controversial »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2021, 02:27:20 PM »
Fenwick been campaigning for this wuk for donkey years.  Ever since he came to Trinidad with Ricky Hill.

He always boasted that he could do better than anybody...including Beenhakker

So now he get what he been begging for all these years.  And we supposed to ignore the fact that we draw with PR on his watch?

Allyuh could come up with how many excuses yuh want.  Every team in similar boats.  T&T no worse off than most and better off than plenty.

If Fenwick and his supporters cyach deal with the heat that comes along with the job...get out de kitchen
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 02:31:02 PM by palos »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2021, 02:28:16 PM »
Terry might not be a mancini or a wenger but he has the lads playing organized.

???  Organized?

Ah wouldn't like to see your interpretation of disorganized  ;D

Pullstones adores Tom Saintfiet, so anything above that level is organized for Pullstones  :D :D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2021, 04:19:46 PM »
remind me deeks.

In the Thread for TT and Puerto Rico. You had wrote a comment. You stated "this is Terry’s third game in charge and already he’s in for mounting criticism, you people got some balls."

And I wrote "If TT do not win their next game, your will see a "Fire Terry Fenwick Thread".

I was referring to the Fire Terry Fenwick Thread being posted. It came out quicker than I thought.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2021, 05:53:38 PM »
I was referring to the Fire Terry Fenwick Thread being posted. It came out quicker than I thought.
Unless he head butt, or otherwise physically assault another TTFA employee, Fenwick unlikely to get fired during the WCQ campaign....however long, or short, that may be.

The thread title is facetious.  At least that's how I look at it.

But does that make him somehow above criticism?  Absolutely forkane not. 

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2021, 01:39:24 AM »
TT has 1 of the worst coach's in the group nearly every team has gone and hired a fairly experience decent coach to do the job TT has  gone and hired a English con man who could not even cut it in the English lower divisions even the people in England don't like his football he might look good against a bunch of amateur school boy coach's in TT but in the real world he is toast.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2021, 01:55:58 AM »
TT has 1 of the worst coach's in the group nearly every team has gone and hired a fairly experience decent coach to do the job TT has  gone and hired a English con man who could not even cut it in the English lower divisions even the people in England don't like his football he might look good against a bunch of amateur school boy coach's in TT but in the real world he is toast.
you are such a toxic bloke, i feel sorry for the people that has to co exist along side you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2021, 08:25:04 AM »
you are such a toxic bloke, i feel sorry for the people that has to co exist along side you.

I am not a big TF fan. But I think he has just as much right as any Trini to coach the TT team. He has lived and coach in the island for over 20 years. And for your info., we have had many a foreign coach over the years. Is he above criticisms. No! He is  getting the same royal treatment like most past national coaches.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2021, 05:51:58 PM »
well flocks.... what do you think? Not to sure he has the backing of the players after today's display. It was pathetic at best. 

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2021, 06:04:52 PM »
well flocks.... what do you think? Not to sure he has the backing of the players after today's display. It was pathetic at best. 

Pathetic is still too nice. He does not have the backing of the players. Latapy looks like he got more experience now. He actually gave BAR a good chance. Bring in Latapy

1]; } ?>