March 19, 2024, 02:12:24 AM

Author Topic: Fire Terry Fenwick  (Read 5488 times)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Terry Fenwick
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2021, 06:17:33 PM »
well flocks.... what do you think? Not to sure he has the backing of the players after today's display. It was pathetic at best.
so a coach needs the backing of the players on a national team, so tell me this, if I don’t like the coach then I shagg the team and disappoint the fans just because I want the coach gone?? then why the blazes do you guys even support such shitty players, I know I won’t. BTW I believe jovin Jones should be history after this, this player has been pulling on my balls for a spell now. he’s grown way too big for his britches.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2021, 06:31:01 PM »
well flocks.... what do you think? Not to sure he has the backing of the players after today's display. It was pathetic at best. 

Pathetic is still too nice. He does not have the backing of the players. Latapy looks like he got more experience now. He actually gave BAR a good chance. Bring in Latapy

Dude, many people on this thread criticised Latas left, right and center when he was coach. Also Dennis get good bwah!. Except when the team knocked out the US. As long as you win is what matters.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2021, 06:36:03 PM »

Pathetic is still too nice. He does not have the backing of the players. Latapy looks like he got more experience now. He actually gave BAR a good chance. Bring in Latapy

Dude, many people on this thread criticised Latas left, right and center when he was coach. Also Dennis get good bwah!. Except when the team knocked out the US. As long as you win is what matters.

Yes. But there was something about this team that just look very bad. I mean we watch DL games. They were bad yes. But this team just look way off with Fenwick. DL was better. I'm only choosing the lesser of the evil. .

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2021, 06:38:12 PM »
Let's see if the players go to social media for reaction. I think JJ, Levi and anyone else who making good money to fly back to their club and skip Tuesday game.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2021, 06:52:46 PM »

Our problems start at youth level and the national team will never be successful until we correct the issues at youth level.

Anyway I saw this very interesting response to today's loss.. https://tinyurl.com/5xwchrnh

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2021, 07:30:39 PM »
so a coach needs the backing of the players on a national team, so tell me this, if I don’t like the coach then I shagg the team and disappoint the fans just because I want the coach gone?? then why the blazes do you guys even support such shitty players, I know I won’t. BTW I believe jovin Jones should be history after this, this player has been pulling on my balls for a spell now. he’s grown way too big for his britches.

It appears that there's trouble in T&T camp. I've been around several T&T teams not only in football and I could tell you some behind the scenes stuff that will surprise you including one when we almost didn't play a final. Senior players play an important role in creating the right atmosphere/vibes in the camp and if they don't like or have respect for the coach things could get sour quickly which affects the performance.   

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2021, 07:31:57 PM »

Our problems start at youth level and the national team will never be successful until we correct the issues at youth level.

Anyway I saw this very interesting response to today's loss.. https://tinyurl.com/5xwchrnh

Good article, but nothing new that has not been written about before. But as long as corporate TT hedge their bets on football, the sport is doomed to low expectations on the regional and international level. I really would like to see the clubs improve. Two teams I think can do things to improve the football. Connection and Rangers. Only because these owners put money into their teams. Defence Force shouls always be a contender. They draft good to decent players, but are nothing of the DF of old.  They need new coaches. Maybe an outsider. After this Covid mess, we will be able to make a better assessment on how we move forward.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2021, 12:22:06 AM »

Honestly if we weren't up crap creek with our debt and Fenwicks stupidly expensive contract, I'd be all for Latapy. He has clearly improved as a coach.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2021, 02:29:14 AM »

Honestly if we weren't up crap creek with our debt and Fenwicks stupidly expensive contract, I'd be all for Latapy. He has clearly improved as a coach.

He won't continue to improve coming this side. Nor does it strike me as making sense as a career move. Just saying ...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2021, 02:43:55 AM »

How many caps is he on?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2021, 04:13:41 AM »
All the teams in our group rank lower than us .. this is hard to swallow
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2021, 06:59:33 AM »

He won't continue to improve coming this side. Nor does it strike me as making sense as a career move. Just saying ...

Depressingly agree

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2021, 08:30:13 AM »
After not qualifying for the WC, why should Fenwick be tasked with leading the charge to the Gold Cup?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2021, 08:36:02 AM »
After not qualifying for the WC, why should Fenwick be tasked with leading the charge to the Gold Cup?

Exactly. I think the contract renewal is based on qualifying to the 2nd round and Gold cup. He might just resign before getting the axe. I know I would.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2021, 08:39:41 AM »

Exactly. I think the contract renewal is based on qualifying to the 2nd round and Gold cup. He might just resign before getting the axe. I know I would.

HE IS NOT GOING TO RESIGN.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2021, 09:00:54 AM »

One of these things is not like the others.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2021, 09:04:56 AM »
I know what the problem is here, you all sit down every weekend with your barca, Chelsea and Man united jerseys and watch top class billion dollar industry football leagues with the best players and coaches money can buy, you don’t support a port vale, a luton town, Bristol rovers, colchester, grimsby town, not even a blackburn rovers.

you don’t know what it’s like to be real fans, to follow your supporter base to the pub for a pint carrying your flags and blowing horns with your banners and flags waving and singing team songs of valor and chants of encouragement all the way to the park, then your team loses their home game to a team we had no business losing to. then we go back to the pub to vent and drown our sorrows until next week when we do it all over again with a hardcore traveling contingent.

Then the season is over and we survived relegation and plans are on the way on how to make the team, the firm/fanbase and the park even more efficient. people volunteer their time and give back to their clubs be it in    community service to the academy or donations in whatever way. you people in trinidad don’t even attend pro league games, it’s beneath you. imagine a big league cup final and the stadium is like a ghost town, and had it not been for the school children being bussed in the SSFL finals would be pathetic. So what football fans are you?

You all sit by your TV and watch big money football and wants to see the same performance from lads that would struggle to make a championship league team....well with the exception of jovin, telfer, molino and Aubrey david, the rest of the lads are at best league two quality.

BTW Aubrey david is a beast, can’t believe how much he has improved, but seriously though, we just don’t have the quality right now, but we can still be fans and support the team instead of tearing down the coach, and only after three games in charge? It’s nonsensical.

Jesus Christ not this rubbish? where do trinis get off thinking that we are somehow entitled to roll over teams and play a pristine brand of football like brazil? the reality is that we are no longer producing players like before, and to make thing worst there is zero dollars being spend on football, what do you people want?

Hmm. Isn't winning the whole point of playing other national teams? I think you should want and expect your team to win, especially against others that are clearly weaker by most metrics.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2021, 09:23:38 AM »
Allyuh think de women’s team would have done better against Bahamas?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2021, 01:57:40 PM »
Snakes and ladders for folks who can recall
 The familiar predictable refrain has begun- was this a surprise 🕺🤷🏿‍♀️🤔 Fck no!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2021, 02:06:11 PM »
Quick question can someone respond if the know the answer but what style of play did Fenwick try to impose on the nation team?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2021, 03:22:55 PM »
I know what the problem is here, you all sit down every weekend with your barca, Chelsea and Man united jerseys and watch top class billion dollar industry football leagues with the best players and coaches money can buy, you don’t support a port vale, a luton town, Bristol rovers, colchester, grimsby town, not even a blackburn rovers.

you don’t know what it’s like to be real fans, to follow your supporter base to the pub for a pint carrying your flags and blowing horns with your banners and flags waving and singing team songs of valor and chants of encouragement all the way to the park, then your team loses their home game to a team we had no business losing to. then we go back to the pub to vent and drown our sorrows until next week when we do it all over again with a hardcore traveling contingent.

Then the season is over and we survived relegation and plans are on the way on how to make the team, the firm/fanbase and the park even more efficient. people volunteer their time and give back to their clubs be it in    community service to the academy or donations in whatever way. you people in trinidad don’t even attend pro league games, it’s beneath you. imagine a big league cup final and the stadium is like a ghost town, and had it not been for the school children being bussed in the SSFL finals would be pathetic. So what football fans are you?

You all sit by your TV and watch big money football and wants to see the same performance from lads that would struggle to make a championship league team....well with the exception of jovin, telfer, molino and Aubrey david, the rest of the lads are at best league two quality.

BTW Aubrey david is a beast, can’t believe how much he has improved, but seriously though, we just don’t have the quality right now, but we can still be fans and support the team instead of tearing down the coach, and only after three games in charge? It’s nonsensical.

Jesus Christ not this rubbish? where do trinis get off thinking that we are somehow entitled to roll over teams and play a pristine brand of football like brazil? the reality is that we are no longer producing players like before, and to make thing worst there is zero dollars being spend on football, what do you people want?

Hmm. Isn't winning the whole point of playing other national teams? I think you should want and expect your team to win, especially against others that are clearly weaker by most metrics.
that's true mate, providing that your opponent came to compete, but last evening the bahamas didn't come to compete, they came to park the bus, go watch the game. they were playing an eight man defense and the keeper make nine with two players attacking. that might be a juicy situation for a well oiled quality team like argentina or uraguay, but our lads are weak headed boys who lose their cool when nothing is going their way.

like the commentator said last night, the TT team look dishevelled and unravelled, they never expected the bahamians to park it on them and probably never trained for that eventuality. trinidad and tobago did a similar thing to sweden in the 2006 world cup, they parked the bus when we went down to 10 men and totally frustrated the swedes with that lame duck tactic, and it worked.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 03:30:14 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2021, 03:28:00 PM »
Snakes and ladders for folks who can recall
 The familiar predictable refrain has begun- was this a surprise 🕺🤷🏿‍♀️🤔 Fck no!
what you on about mate, we loss, bottom line. all this proverbial hints and gestures is rubbish. the lads are piss poor, our federation is rubbish, our league is rubbish and we have no developmental programs and were exposed as a failed federation last night, so what do you expect, miracles? they just couldn't break down a parked bus situation because we have no quality. remember the best player we have plays in the MLS and he blew a blatant sitter last night in the closing stages of the game.....talk about quality
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 03:32:37 PM by pull stones »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2021, 04:13:36 PM »
Pull stones player for player we are better than Bahamas. Fenwicks tactics is what cost us this game. Let me remind you this is BAHAMAS.. Yuh heard..  effing BAHAMAS. We beat Anguilla 15 nil.. they are not that far behind Bahamas. We should have had at least 3 goals against them.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2021, 05:01:46 PM »
Terry Fenwick is not getting fired anyway. He will go thru to the end of his contract. If he is fired he will have to be paid off. TTFA eh have no money to hire a new coach. So we will have TF for the Gold Cup and the next nations league. Hopefully when the covid restrictions are over and the league start back we can get something going again. See allyuh in 2026!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2021, 05:57:59 PM »
Pull stones player for player we are better than Bahamas. Fenwicks tactics is what cost us this game. Let me remind you this is BAHAMAS.. Yuh heard..  effing BAHAMAS. We beat Anguilla 15 nil.. they are not that far behind Bahamas. We should have had at least 3 goals against them.

Put that way, ah see what yuh saying about DL. Based on this nonsense it is not certain a Fenwick squad could muster even 5 against Anguilla. Forget about him duplicating that 15.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2021, 06:19:49 PM »
Terry Fenwick is not getting fired anyway. He will go thru to the end of his contract. If he is fired he will have to be paid off. TTFA eh have no money to hire a new coach. So we will have TF for the Gold Cup and the next nations league. Hopefully when the covid restrictions are over and the league start back we can get something going again. See allyuh in 2026!
IMO it’s not the coach to blame it’s these bastards who are famous for screwing coaches by deliberately throwing important games.  those guys are known for doing that, they did it with steven hart, and otto fister. ever wondered why fister didn't want jovin jones and attulla guerra on his team? those guys have discipline problems, same with hart who blanked molino for breaking camp, and jovin had his axe to grind with dennis lawrence claiming lawrence didn't treat him right. i find these modern trinis to be very toxic, just wish there was a way to ween myself off TT football. what a wasted endeavour with a waste of time people.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 07:02:38 PM by pull stones »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2021, 11:29:51 PM »
There can be no defending Terry Fenwick.

So ironic after he campaign and beg fuh de wuk since he reach in T&T, always claiming he could do better than any T&T national team head coach at the time.

The most classic case ever of “be careful what you ask for.  You just might get it”
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2021, 12:18:54 AM »

So ironic after he campaign and beg fuh de wuk since he reach in T&T, always claiming he could do better than any T&T national team head coach at the time.

The most classic case ever of “be careful what you ask for.  You just might get it”
so what was he supposed to say, I can’t do the job? The man tried and failed, it happens mate, just ask Juergen klinsman and Luis filipe scholari.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2021, 03:01:24 AM »

so what was he supposed to say, I can’t do the job? The man tried and failed, it happens mate, just ask Juergen klinsman and Luis filipe scholari.

Yuh stretching credibility with that nonsense. Did Fenwick fail? Yes. Is his failure seriously comparable to the coaches you mentioned? No.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2021, 08:45:48 AM »
To whom it may concern
Dear members of the Normalization-committee, please revive rage following submission: then kindly request a refund of 20 K US per month retroactive on the inception of the clandestine agreement

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DjYtGKn-kjU&feature=emb_title
http://
Respectfully
Fed up

1]; } ?>