March 28, 2024, 04:22:33 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Montserrat Game (2-July-2021)  (Read 10305 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Montserrat Game (2-July-2021)
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2021, 02:26:36 PM »
WATCH: Interim Head Coach Angus Eve addresses the media via a virtual press briefing ahead of Friday's Concacaf Gold Cup Preliminary Round match against Montserrat

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JFmWFd5cF6E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JFmWFd5cF6E</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2021, 03:25:29 PM »
1. Omission from the media interaction: absence of supplemental comment regarding Poon Angeron. Question asked about GGIII who had no material contribution during recent matchplay. Question asked about Khan who just arrived. No additional comment about Poon (who actually played) prompted or otherwise?

2.The Lingaard analogy was 50-50 because whereas Lingaard has been playing competitive football, Khan has not. His inclusion in the squad was at Angus' discretion and as confirmation to the player that he belongs in the conversation, but it is not Lingaard comparable.

3. Phillips: relying on Fenwick's tactical judgement and team selection is a sword for some and comfort for others because analyzing Phillips should be a matter of inference, not merely reliant on his limited appearances. Indeed, his limited appearances are what should have prompted more. Bringing him into camp in Florida, even if in a supplemental capacity, would have been more useful than outright exclusion ... particularly given his personal narrative and playing level. I understand the rationale expressed, but I think it is insufficient.

For instance, a  coach coming in to replace Deschamps could exclude Marcus Thuram on the same reasoning, but it would be an unsustainable position as a consensus view.

4. Generally Iike the tenor of Angus' delivery and the content. The rationale of not playing a NT for confidence building reasons is what I presumed. However, it must be stated that the scheduling of competition for this period should have preceded Angus arriving in the job. I think that goes beyond Fenwick.

5. Telfer is not a 9 for international football (top to bottom for any and all opponents). End of.

6. Kudos to Angus for being straightforward. And for injecting the piece from the "intellectual Trinidadian".
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 04:25:45 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2021, 02:02:47 AM »
Dont be surprise if this eve guy pick a mainly pro league team with marcus Joseph starting in place of telfer. as I’ve said before these trini former players are some head strong opinionated blokes brimming with nepotism. I’ve seen it with gally, corneal, st claire, latapy and lawrence, they do it their way no matter the cost where good common sense never prevails.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2021, 02:11:31 AM »
PS. poon is missing because he doesn’t fit the mole of what most in the local football fraternity see as a real trini. just listen to his reaction on Gary griffith, it was short and without elaboration. that boy would be victimized both him and angeron and all these lads who don’t fit the mole of what most of the local supporters would like to see……if you all get my drift. just ask david nakid how he was treated by those very same fans and how they rejected him just because of the way he looked. this would be the first time I would be hoping that we lose a match, just so we could be rid of this poisonous coach.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 02:15:02 AM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2021, 04:23:32 AM »
During the preceding matches, Poon Angeron's passing accuracy was at a notably high level, although understated and almost imperceptible. Certainly much higher than has been on display in recent years. Given the way the team played, his pass selection was promising. Also, his recovery movements, positional awareness and decision making resulted in KEY interventions during at least two WC qualifiers. That stated, Muckette, Hyland and Poon is a trio that we never saw, for instance.

At the end of the day, there's more than one way to skin a cat. All roads don't lead to Poon. Just strikes me as instructive that his name didn't come up during the presser ... especially considering the realities of the midfield and the fact that he amassed actual playing minutes.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 04:26:33 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2021, 04:40:20 AM »
Ah wonder if having Renato Sanches in Fort Lauderdale for three days would work wonders before Montserrat.

There's a reason that comment was made. I'm certain it will be relevant in the days ahead.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2021, 06:14:41 AM »
During the preceding matches, Poon Angeron's passing accuracy was at a notably high level, although understated and almost imperceptible. Certainly much higher than has been on display in recent years. Given the way the team played, his pass selection was promising. Also, his recovery movements, positional awareness and decision making resulted in KEY interventions during at least two WC qualifiers. That stated, Muckette, Hyland and Poon is a trio that we never saw, for instance.

At the end of the day, there's more than one way to skin a cat. All roads don't lead to Poon. Just strikes me as instructive that his name didn't come up during the presser ... especially considering the realities of the midfield and the fact that he amassed actual playing minutes.
Having presumably watched the very same matches as you, I think this is a euphemism for "a lot of back passes", which as an attacking midfielder, many times on the wing, didn't strike me as useful to the team in any of those matches.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2021, 06:37:13 AM »

Having presumably watched the very same matches as you, I think this is a euphemism for "a lot of back passes", which as an attacking midfielder, many times on the wing, didn't strike me as useful to the team in any of those matches.

Nope, not this player. Glad you raised that. A function of forward passes. I don't reward players for negative passes unless tactically useful.

And he's a DM, not an AM.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 06:51:25 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hadad, Eve on CoP's visa aid: T&T football needs all hands on deck
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2021, 11:31:58 AM »
Hadad, Eve on CoP's visa aid: T&T football needs all hands on deck
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday)

CHAIRMAN of the normalisation committee Robert Hadad said the T&T Football Association (TTFA) will continue working with the Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith as local football needs all the help it could get.

In a Facebook post on June 4, Griffith said he would no longer support the national men’s senior football team. Griffith’s announcement came shortly after he was questioned by an Express reporter whether his support for the team was in an effort to get his son Gary Griffith III selected.

In the post, Griffith said he has been supporting T&T football for many years.

At a police briefing on Tuesday, Griffith said he has continued to help the national team.

New interim head coach Angus Eve recently contacted Griffith as one player and three staff members were in need of visas to travel to Ft Lauderdale for the Concacaf Gold Cup qualifiers.

Griffith said he contacted the US Embassy and helped those who were in need of visas.

Responding to questions asked via Whatsapp about Griffith's involvement, Hadad said, “Football in our country requires help and support from as many people as you can find. Gary has been there to help and support football and for that, we are grateful and appreciative. We will use any resource we can find to help us get over the problems we face.”

Hadad said he saw no conflict of interest in the commissioner’s involvement.

“No, there is no issue. Gary has never asked for any special treatment from any of the normalisation committee members. He has helped of his free will."

He added, "Gary Griffith III deserves a fair chance of proving himself and I think you also should leave the young man to develop his own identity.”

Griffith III, 18, has been a part of the T&T men’s senior football training squad for more than a year. The CoP and former national coach Terry Fenwick shared a friendly relationship and partnered as well in the hosting of the Commissioner Cup in 2019 through Fenwick's Football Factory Foundation. During Fenwick’s tenure, the national team trained regularly at the St James Police Barracks.

Asked if the Ministry of Sport and Community Development or the management of the team should have assisted with the visas instead, Hadad said, “The ministry has helped and continues to help football. Gary is just supporting and giving a helping hand. The entire country needs to jump on board and work in a positive manner to help get football out of the low place it is in.”

Former TTFA president and former manager of the national team William Wallace said receiving help from Griffith was not unusual.

He told Newsday, “We would have had help to get them (visas) – help in the sense of facilitating the process, but it is not a strange thing.”

Wallace added, “If you know somebody who is working there and (they can) help facilitate the process (of a) national team, it was done. It was never going through any ministry of anything. We did it direct.

“We had somebody by us who knew somebody there and we were able to facilitate it.”

Eve, speaking to media on Zoom during a briefing on Wednesday, said goalkeeping coach Clayton Ince, strength and conditioning coach Adaryll John and player Reon Moore got help from Griffith in getting their visas. At the time Eve could not recall the fourth person Griffith helped, but later it was confirmed that performance trainer/massage therapist Saron Joseph got his visa.

Eve said, “Commissioner Griffith has always been a friend to the TTFA as far as I see, going way back and he has reached out and helped in this scenario…he is a Trinidadian and if he can help the team going forward in a positive manner of course. Just as you guys (media), we need you the same way.”

Asked if Griffith III is in his future plans, Eve simply stated, “He is a Trinidadian and he is a young footballer.”

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2021, 01:46:01 PM »
What a lying cock he is, about “ he’s a trinidadian”, that statement was so venomous and crude though very short and abrupt, but it spoke volumes. gary the reality is that your son ain’t grass roots enough and players like him poon-angeron telfer and woo ling would eventually suffer serious victimization. I’m sure if he could’ve picked a carenage 11 and got away with it that would have been the case. And I saw this all the way back then with gally, bertile and latapy, these guys have their favorites and that’s all that matters to them and no other consideration is taken into account with these local coaches.

we also saw it with Dennis lawrence when he persisted with leston paul and Alvin jones two very limited players while ignoring greg ranjitsingh failing to cap him when he clearly had the chance in the gold cup r showguyana game, with nothing to play for. that’s why I love foreign based coaches, they don’t come here for all that, they look at the players and decide on a team based on who’s suited for their system, not who they like or who has style. I’m hoping angus fails only for this reason. I just can’t live with another local coach right about now, especially Dennis was an absolute ball breaker.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 03:28:12 AM by pull stones »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2021, 05:00:15 PM »
WATCH: Captain Khaleem Hyland anticipates strong showing as Trinidad and Tobago go after Gold Cup spot

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2n8e_El8yh4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2n8e_El8yh4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2021, 08:58:45 PM »
WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago Interim Head Coach Angus Eve and Captain Khaleem Hyland answer the media's questions ahead of their Gold Cup Preliminary match against Montserrat

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/51Ee6yEWB3g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/51Ee6yEWB3g</a>

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2021, 06:17:18 AM »
What time is the game today?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2021, 07:26:20 AM »

9:30 pm FL time.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2021, 07:35:57 AM »
Montserrat's media interaction and comments available here.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2021, 08:30:59 AM »
I will be watching the game today. I would like to throw a player in the mix name of the youth and he plays for red bull 2, Roald Mitchell. he is a striker... RED bulls 2 has a game today at 7 pm ESPN plus. His parents are Trinidadian.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2021, 09:16:14 AM »

9:30 pm FL time.
Thank u! I will be looking out for a link streaming the game.

Offline hg495

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2021, 01:02:58 PM »
www.livesoccertv.com have it showing on fubu, fox and other sites
if yuh never get ah buss toe playing small goal den yuh never play football in trini when yuh was small hehehehe

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2021, 02:16:51 PM »
pull stones,I don't know what part of the world you live but you seem to have a sound knowledge of TT football and the "tapestry" that goes with it,considering what you said about TT coaches as opposed to foreign ones.I have lived in England and I don't know much but I sometimes feel that some TT coaches  show favouritism,I wasn't sure but now I feel it's true.Anyway I keep reading your posts to get the way things are going to be better informed,I enjoy reading you and 2 others,I always like a deeper understanding,for me it's an education.I sometimes wonder why I still worry about TT after all these years.

Offline hg495

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2021, 02:23:22 PM »
Game should be on YouTube also
if yuh never get ah buss toe playing small goal den yuh never play football in trini when yuh was small hehehehe

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors upbeat ahead of first Concacaf Gold Cup qualifier
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2021, 02:48:43 PM »
Soca Warriors upbeat ahead of first Concacaf Gold Cup qualifier
T&T Newsday

MIDFIELDERS Khaleem Hyland and Duane Muckette said the vibes in the national senior men’s football camp is positive heading into the Concacaf Gold Cup first round qualifying match against Montserrat at the DRV PNK Stadium in Ft Lauderdale, Florida, from 9.30 pm, on Friday.

If Trinidad and Tobago win on Friday they will advance to play the second round qualifier on Tuesday. If T&T emerge victorious again they will play in the Gold Cup from July 10.

Speaking to the T&T Football Association media on Thursday Hyland said he likes the energy leading up to the match.

“So far since I have been here the vibes, everything is great, “Hyland said.

“It’s great to wear the red white and black again and be here amongst the guys. It is new staff, new energy (and) everything is going positive and great so far. We know the importance of the game tomorrow. It is a must win game for us to go on to the next playoff game. We just taking it step by step and hopefully tomorrow (Friday) we could do the job.”

Former national player Angus Eve was recently hired as the interim head coach after Terry Fenwick was fired.

Discussing Friday’s game further, Hyland said, “The key for us pulling it together is what we have been doing everyday in training – working hard…encouraging each other. At the end of the day goals win matches and we need to keep our end strong and defensively we need to work together and hopefully we can score enough goals so we can come out victorious at the end of the day.”

Muckette said, “I feel like we are very ready. We know that we have to win the game, we know the importance of the game and the vibes in the camp is just very good. I am very pleased with the boys and the readiness I think we have, so I feel like we will get the job done and move on to the next stage.”

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2021, 03:22:03 PM »
The game is on FS 1 at 9:30 pm.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2021, 03:31:47 PM »
What a surprise....5 football games in one day...ah good drunk with ball
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2021, 03:50:47 PM »
pull stones,I don't know what part of the world you live but you seem to have a sound knowledge of TT football and the "tapestry" that goes with it,considering what you said about TT coaches as opposed to foreign ones.I have lived in England and I don't know much but I sometimes feel that some TT coaches  show favouritism,I wasn't sure but now I feel it's true.Anyway I keep reading your posts to get the way things are going to be better informed,I enjoy reading you and 2 others,I always like a deeper understanding,for me it's an education.I sometimes wonder why I still worry about TT after all these years.
I’m trinidadian dude 100%, why else would I support such a tragedy of a team? I lived in the midlands most my life and have strong west brom ties with a mad crazy support base. recently I have been spending a lot of time in trinidad pre covid trying to set up a football school with a UK club, and found the local football fraternity to be quite uncanny to say the least.

I had the displeasure of dealing with a few local football “aficionados” who saw us as foreigners trying to usurp them, so I got a taste of the BS that I already knew exist. these people have a lot of BS and conflict in them, they don’t have what it takes to get the job done but stands in the way of anyone who can, it’s a mess, not only with football but politics and just basic administration.

don’t get me wrong the people are brilliant and very capable, that is if they are willing to take instructions but they all have enormous egos and would not allow themselves to be told by us foreigners, even if you were born and lived there a part of your life. they see us all as foreigners and intruders which I find rather silly BTW, and the reason they suck at so many things is as a direct result of not accepting responsibility for their short comings and admitting that they’re in over their heads and need help.

there’s a bunch of unqualified people in the forefront of management who are only there for the sake of their egos but are void of ideas, for example DJW, kamla persad, Watson duke, ancel roget, steven williams, Alvin corneal, the whole judiciary including the chief judiciary and high ranking police chiefs, they all failed that country with their inflated egos and obstructionist dispositions but would never give way to younger brighter more vibrant minds for instance andre sooklal and marvin gonzales who recently got into politics to my chagrin.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 04:11:52 PM by pull stones »

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2021, 03:53:05 PM »
www.livesoccertv.com have it showing on fubu, fox and other sites
Thank you.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2021, 04:00:50 PM »
you and me both. sulking over Belgium right now, can’t stand the spaghetti boys. hoping they don’t go all the way.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2021, 04:44:46 PM »
WATCH: Radanfah Abu Bakr wants Trinidad and Tobago to rebound for the fans

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GdmXM9O7_9Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GdmXM9O7_9Y</a>

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2021, 05:01:03 PM »
you and me both. sulking over Belgium right now, can’t stand the spaghetti boys. hoping they don’t go all the way.

Yeah, ah wanted this Belgian team to win it all, for men like Lukaku, Hazard and the speedy Doku....but this Italy side is very good...don't see anyone stopping them unless they don't show up
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2021, 05:33:03 PM »
pull stones,Thanks for that response,and I now know why I read your posts whenever I see them,your love for the game shows by your posts,living in the Midlands also add some real flavour to what you write.I left TT in 68 very young but was football crazy,I thought TT was a great team and would be at World Cups every 4 years,you have explained why we have failed so often.I also think we are seen as foreigners when we do go back,that's true.As I say I love your spirit and wish you all the best,I live in London in Hampton.Best ah luck mate!

Offline hg495

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2021, 07:39:02 PM »
Match delayed till 10:15 bad weather

1]; } ?>