March 28, 2024, 11:04:57 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Montserrat Game (2-July-2021)  (Read 10316 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Montserrat Game (2-July-2021)
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2021, 11:12:14 PM »
Spare a thought for Aubrey David, his chin got properly f**ked up. I like the toughness to continue.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2021, 11:41:49 PM »
Some hefty tackles coming in boy. Dem boys better watch out for cards.
On our second goal, the keeper fade into Bolivian....

o god ah remember dis shit hahahaha :rotfl:
I pity the fool....

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2021, 12:25:07 AM »
Ah have ah feeling like the previous selection didn't want to play for Terry, soon as they sack him, Molino, make himself available.
no mate, molino was injured out with a hamstring injury. he didn’t even feature for his new club for almost two months and just started by training. but I would agree that they wasn’t playing for terry, and God alone know’s why.
Yeah...my bad. Thought he had recovered. Sure thing, only gad knows but I have a gut feeling as to their lack of performance prior to tonight's game.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 12:30:02 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2021, 12:34:36 AM »
Neveal Hackshaw, Showing signs of good potential, hope he keep it up.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2021, 01:38:59 AM »

ohhhh yaaaayyy we are back now!  :D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2021, 02:28:11 AM »
Ah have ah feeling like the previous selection didn't want to play for Terry, soon as they sack him, Molino, make himself available.
no mate, molino was injured out with a hamstring injury. he didn’t even feature for his new club for almost two months and just started by training. but I would agree that they wasn’t playing for terry, and God alone know’s why.
Yeah...my bad. Thought he had recovered. Sure thing, only gad knows but I have a gut feeling as to their lack of performance prior to tonight's game.

I don't see why men would want to sign up to play for the national team if they don't like the coach. If you win he will still be coach and you still have to deal with him. If you lose, the team out of the WC. You have to wait another 4 yrs. It does not make sense. Just one goal against Bahamas and we in. Them men could not even score one goal to get to the next round of the WC. You guys saying they did that to spite Terry? Come on fellas that is bull. You honestly feel these guys rather play GC than WC. You guys got to be be kidding. TF plans and tactics failed. Now I will not argue that TF was between a rock and a hard place.

The circumstances in which he inherited the team was full of acrimony. Haddad and the normalisation commitee and especially the covid situation was the problem. Covid restriction dealt THE real blow to TF plans.    When the govt refused to govt to give the national team some leeway to train and move around, TF WC preparation was doomed. That was really unfortunate. He got the short end of the stick. They were ready physically, but barely. The team was not mentally prepared for the WC games.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 02:29:51 AM by Deeks »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2021, 04:12:13 AM »
allyuh miss one thing by this performance, the monseratt goal keeper was proper shit, he was responsible for at least four goals with his poor positioning and lack of ball handling skills. i'm still not sold, maybe angus and the lads could make me a believer.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2021, 04:36:38 AM »
allyuh miss one thing by this performance, the monseratt goal keeper was proper shit, he was responsible for at least four goals with his poor positioning and lack of ball handling skills. i'm still not sold, maybe angus and the lads could make me a believer.

They chose him; we didn't. More importantly, it takes recognition by the player with the ball to initiate the attempt on goal. No recognition by Lobo would mean no attempt on goal and therefore no goal, sorry GK or not. 

This match was less about being sold and more about securing the result.

Certainly, the match has allowed me to cement a couple conclusions, but none I can hold against Angus and his staff. 

Good bittersweet result at the proper moment. Best not to be overly zealous as to what it signifies other than having a match to win on July 6.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2021, 04:48:18 AM »

I don't see why men would want to sign up to play for the national team if they don't like the coach. If you win he will still be coach and you still have to deal with him. If you lose, the team out of the WC. You have to wait another 4 yrs. It does not make sense. Just one goal against Bahamas and we in. Them men could not even score one goal to get to the next round of the WC. You guys saying they did that to spite Terry? Come on fellas that is bull. You honestly feel these guys rather play GC than WC. You guys got to be be kidding. TF plans and tactics failed. Now I will not argue that TF was between a rock and a hard place.

The circumstances in which he inherited the team was full of acrimony. Haddad and the normalisation commitee and especially the covid situation was the problem. Covid restriction dealt THE real blow to TF plans.    When the govt refused to govt to give the national team some leeway to train and move around, TF WC preparation was doomed. That was really unfortunate. He got the short end of the stick. They were ready physically, but barely. The team was not mentally prepared for the WC games.

It is likely that a longer stretch of activity prior to the real jammin would have helped TF, but he fueled his own demise.

The team didn't deserve to move on because the team failed. Psychology is a huge separator. It has separated us from accomplishing qualification before. Hopefully we move to bury that demon.

Picking players based on their psychology and not their CV will eliminate that problem.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2021, 06:28:02 AM »
Lets be honest Montserrat is a shit team. This win does not mean anything. We will not know the direction our football is going until we play a much better team. Wait til we play a Central American team or a much better Caribbean team

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2021, 06:29:55 AM »
I wouldn't comment of de game right now because most of you'll saw it ..... so some behind de scenes tings .

The mood (vibes) in de camp is 100% better according to one insider. Another one say Fenwick was de worst coach to ever coach de national team and this person has been around de national set up for over ah decade.
I must say in terms of his pre game management Eve and his staff were very organized probably the most professional looking group last night with Haiti a distant second. 

None of St Vincent goalies made it because of visa issues so a young teenage defender was put in goal
Barbados also had some players missing because of visa issues too.
Cuba ain't arrive yet, stuck in Nicaragua with visa problems and US Embassy doh open on a Saturday. Dey hoping for ah from the plane to de game situation.

Finally as one person put it although the team had a much improve performance, Coach Eve has already identified areas they need to work on.

On to Tuesday       

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2021, 06:31:14 AM »
Lets be honest Montserrat is a shit team. This win does not mean anything. We will not know the direction our football is going until we play a much better team. Wait til we play a Central American team or a much better Caribbean team

They were better than Guyana.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2021, 06:33:08 AM »

.... and what you'll call Bahamas who ranked lower than Montserrat in FIFA 

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2021, 06:37:07 AM »
I pity the fool....

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2021, 06:43:19 AM »
Spare a thought for Aubrey David, his chin got properly f**ked up. I like the toughness to continue.

was suppose to get stitches last night after de game.   

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2021, 06:53:20 AM »
I wouldn't comment of de game right now because most of you'll saw it ..... so some behind de scenes tings .

The mood (vibes) in de camp is 100% better according to one insider. Another one say Fenwick was de worst coach to ever coach de national team and this person has been around de national set up for over ah decade.
I must say in terms of his pre game management Eve and his staff were very organized probably the most professional looking group last night with Haiti a distant second. 

None of St Vincent goalies made it because of visa issues so a young teenage defender was put in goal
Barbados also had some players missing because of visa issues too.
Cuba ain't arrive yet, stuck in Nicaragua with visa problems and US Embassy doh open on a Saturday. Dey hoping for ah from the plane to de game situation.

Finally as one person put it although the team had a much improve performance, Coach Eve has already identified areas they need to work on.

On to Tuesday           

Oliet Rodriguez was on Cuban TV last night just after 8:30pm and he did not appear to be optimistic (Havana/EST). He just stated what the reality was and said the players are in good spirits. Left to be seen what happens next. I would prefer to play them than FG.

A Cuban NT basketballer abandoned the team at the Madrid airport a few days ago. If they make it out of Managua, expect more issues.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2021, 06:54:59 AM »

Yup facts. We are in desperate mode right now in our football so we will rejoice over a Montserrat win. I will wait for better opposition

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrinbago/posts/529038951775619

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2021, 06:57:33 AM »

They not sh*t. If we played them the same way we played PR and BAH, the score would have been different.

Montserrat almost got a point IN El Salvador during the Nations League. As you know El Salvador is one of them places where the fans and environment is very hostile. Montserrat also tied El Salvador a few months ago. They are much better than the teams we struggled against recently.

You can clearly see that there was a plan and tactics that were implemented. I rarely heard Eve bawling like Fenwick was. Eves tactics had a lot of ball movement. Where as Fenwicks were along the lines of "come on Joevin Jones", "come on Levi Garcia", "get to the ball Aubrey David". . Fenwicks tactics was "call the players by they full name". .

To be fair to Fenwick, he did not plan for the Bahamians. He wasn't prepared either. This includes support from the govt and ttfa.. also he went into the PR and BAH game being very complacent. Thinking that we will outplay them and hoping 1 goal will be enough to open the flood gates.

I hearing Cuba in a bind. If they ain't in US now, that game will be forfeited because they supposed to play FG today. I think FG will be the easier team as they haven't played a game since 2019.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2021, 07:00:06 AM »

Yup facts. We are in desperate mode right now in our football so we will rejoice over a Montserrat win. I will wait for better opposition

I think you are missing the point. There would be NO better opposition in sight if we didn't win the match. It's not about a "Montserrat win". It's about winning.

We played who we were scheduled to play. We didn't select Montserrat in the way DL selected Anguilla. Cheer up a bit.  :)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 07:01:51 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2021, 07:04:39 AM »

I think you are missing the point. There would be NO better opposition in sight if we didn't win the match. It's not about a "Montserrat win". It's about winning.

We played who we were scheduled to play. We didn't select Montserrat in the way DL selected Anguilla. Cheer up a bit.  :)

Once again I will repeat this once and say it simply. I know they won BUT this win is no reason me or anyone who really knows football to rejoice. See my previous comment on the quality of opposition and if this match should be used as any measuring stick for T&T football going in the right direction. We have been down this road before MANY times and YOU same people in this SAME forum have been here when we beat minnows Caribbean teams then get our tail busted by Central American teams because our players and coaches and fans think because we beat these Caribbean teams we are now good or better only to be brought down to reality when facing better teams. I will wait.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 07:06:52 AM by Sando prince »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2021, 07:27:57 AM »

Once again I will repeat this once and say it simply. I know they won BUT this win is no reason me or anyone who really knows football to rejoice. See my previous comment on the quality of opposition and if this match should be used as any measuring stick for T&T football going in the right direction. We have been down this road before MANY times and YOU same people in this SAME forum have been here when we beat minnows Caribbean teams then get our tail busted by Central American teams because our players and coaches and fans think because we beat these Caribbean teams we are now good or better only to be brought down to reality when facing better teams. I will wait.

:thinking:

Step one accomplished. Congrats to the team. :applause:

Not champagne popping time yet doh. There are some things to be tweaked and another match to be won.

See any rejoicing?

That aside, this delivery above is your standard sourness or trauma on these results, but we play where we play and our reality is our reality. The same team you branded as soft is a team that delivered against the same Central American opposition you laud. Yuh cyah have it both ways.

I can identify several elements that were not ideal with our play; but, under the circumstances under which the coach took the team, I don't find that necessary or appropriate.

A definite passing grade was earned. Better than a C, not an A.

In other words, it doesn't merit waiting to throw the coach and team a bone. Or merit you being this sour.

Yes, we in town long. Yes, also long-suffering. Yes, not blinkered. Buh, oh gorm Sando prince! :rotfl:

It could have been worse. We went into this match as underdogs on paper!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 07:36:01 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2021, 07:31:30 AM »

I agree with you to a certain extent. But if the spots were switched between Montserrat and us in WCQ group, Montserrat would have beaten BAH and PR.

We could of all seen that there was something injected into this team that improved their game play. I predicted a 2 - 0 win after Molino goal. But I wasn't expecting 6.

Angus made good substitutions at the right time. Most of all he did not park the proverbial bus after going up by 3.

On another note..  Moore? Judah? Great game by these two. The ball to Judah, and his touch, showed me he deserves to be playing in Europe. . Which I believe is happening.. AEK?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2021, 07:45:57 AM »

You also missing the point, we celebrating drastic improvement, nobody bawling gold cup coming home, but opposition aside, yuh could see

ball movement
ball movement under pressure
Player movement both with space and under pressure
higher tempo
ah willingness to press by all d players, d last identifiable attacker who could\would real press was ball pest, Marcus blindside defenders a couple times good lastnight

both Lawrence and then Fenwick had failed to institute any kinda notable system, yuh could actually see what Eve team was trying to do, do they need ah better testing ground?......f**k yes, but did they display competence, opposition notwithstanding f**k yes.......(ah not cussing at yuh)

my expectation were real low and was dramatically surpassed, we couldn't even get one past Bermuda who was leaking goals for fun jus before we play dem.......so improvement, given what we have been through dese last few years, improvement, as minimal as it may be interpreted "by some" is still dat....improvement, ah ting dat was so desired by all, dat DL actually agreed to fake it against Anguilla
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 07:56:56 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2021, 08:07:41 AM »
Co grats to the team and coaching staff-
From what I'm reading it appears that the morale and team play was vastly improved. One game at a time on the road to recovery and redemption.  :yellowcard: :beermug: :beermug: :bs: :bs: :pissedoff:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Moore's double helps T&T defeat Montserrat 6-1
« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2021, 08:46:13 AM »
Moore's double helps T&T defeat Montserrat 6-1
By Keith Clement (T&T Guardian)

Second-half substitute Reon Moore scored two goals which helped guide the T&T Soca Warriors to a comfortable 6-1 victory over Montserrat at the CONCACAF Gold Cup qualifier at the DRV PNK Stadium in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, on Friday night.

It was a winning start for the newly appointed national men's senior team coach Angus Eve, who took over for Terry Fenwick on June 13, after T&T failed to get past the qualifying stages for the 2022 Qatar World Cup.

Midfielder Kevin Molino, 30, playing his first match for T&T since 2019, converted his 22nd international goal for T&T from the penalty spot after referee Bryan Lopez of Guatemala consulted with VAR for a high-kick challenge by Montserrat's Nathan Pond to the face of Aubrey David, who ended with a bloody chin that needed medical attention but he finished the match with his chin heavily bandaged.

The second goal was scored by forward Marcus Joseph, upon seeing an open goal which was left unprotected by Montserrat keeper Corrin Brooks, who left his area to assist the defence outside the 18-yard-box. Joseph fired a long-range shot from about 30 metres out into the goal to the cheers of his team-mates and celebration of the fans.

In the final seconds of the three minutes of added-on time,, defender Ryan Telfer benefited from a pass outside the 18-yard-box in a play that involved three of his team-mates, he dribbled deep into the penalty box and hit a low right-foot shot which gave keeper Brooks no chance and the Soca Warriors closed-off the first half with a commanding 3-0 lead.

T&T opened the second stanza with defender Ross Russell Jr replacing Triston Hodge as the team pressed for more goals.

Nevertheless, at the other end Montserrat never gave up and kept pushing forward but T&T defence were solid and sometimes lucky. However, the team was finally rewarded when Lyle Taylor, the team's skipper cracked the T&T backline when headed home a shot that rebounded off the cross-bar that beat T&T goalkeeper Nicklas Frenderup for placement.

Montserrat had several chances after that but the players failed to convert.

At the other end, T&T midfielder Judah Garcia latched on to a pass over the defence in the 57th minute that put him in a one-on-one challenge with the keeper and scored a low shot which gave the keeper no chance and T&T extended its lead to 4-1.

Then Moore, who came on as Molino's replacement in the 63rd minute and for his fourth national cap, scored in the 68th minute and then rounded off T&T's scoring with an 82nd-minute item after he got a through pass from another substitute midfielder Duane Muckette, who came on for Joseph, and T&T was sailing to a comfortable 6-1 victory.

Molino, who last scored for T&T in Gold Cup match against Guyana that ended 1-1 on June 26, 2019 said after the match: "Together we start well. That set the tone for the first goal and the floodgates opened and we continued going. We should have scored more but so be it. We look forward to the next game now.

"We'll take it," said Molino of the six goals his team scored. "It's confidence going into the next game and we're not going to take the next game lightly because we scored six. We are going in with the same mentality and even more hungry to get more goals."

T&T TEAM

T&T faced Montserrat in Gold Cup playoff on Friday night. Kick off was delayed due to bad weather

T&T starting XI: 21. Nicklas Frenderup (GK); 16. Alvin Jones, 2. Aubrey David, 15. Neveal Hackshaw, 4. Jelani Peters, 18. Triston Hodge, 8. Khaleem Hyland (captain), 11. Judah Garcia, 10. Kevin Molino, 7. Ryan Telfer, 9. Marcus Joseph.

Substitutes Used: #19 Ross Russell Jr replaced #18 Triston Hodge; #13 Reon Moore for #10 Kevin Molino; #20 Duane Muckette for #9 Marcus Joseph; 14. Andre Fortune II for #11. Judah Garcia; #12. Isaiah Lee for #7. Ryan Telfer
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidad and Tobago blast Montserrat 6-1, on 'Eve' of Gold Cup
« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2021, 08:46:42 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago blast Montserrat 6-1, on 'Eve' of Gold Cup
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO got a pair from Reon Moore as they trounced Montserrat 6-1 on Friday night, in their Concacaf Gold Cup qualifier, at the DRV PNK Stadium in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States.

Ironically, the T&T team scored as much goals against Montserrat as they did in the five games under previous coach Terry Fenwick, who was fired in mid-June, after T&T's failed 2022 FIFA World Cup campaign.

Angus Eve, who made his T&T coaching debut against Montserrat – ranked 180 in the latest FIFA rankings (May 2021) – will now switch his attention to the Cuba-French Guiana tie, which is carded for 7 pm.
The winner of the Cuba-French Guiana contest will face T&T on July 6, for a spot in the group stage of the Gold Cup.

Friday's match began 45 minutes late owing to poor weather conditions at the venue, and it took TT 21 minutes to break the deadlock through Kevin Molino, who sent goalkeeper Corrin Brooks-Meade the wrong way (to his left) from the penalty spot.

Referee Bryan Lopez of Guatemala used VAR to award the spotkick, after defender Nathan Pond (one of ten English-born players on the Montserrat's starting lineup) caught T&T's Aubrey David in the mouth with a high right boot.

Striker Marcus Joseph, who was recalled by Eve after being discarded by Fenwick, got his name on the scoresheet in the 37th minute. Brooks-Meade's clearance was intercepted by T&T skipper Khaleem Hyland, who teed up Joseph who, in turn, saw a vacant net and delicately chipped his 40-metre left-footed effort over the goalie, who lost his footing in his attempt to protect his net.

Ryan Telfer got among the act, slotting his shot through Brooks-Meade's legs, in first half stoppage time, after he eluded defenders Joseph Taylor and Pond.

Montserrat pulled one back ten minutes into the second half, when captain Lyle Taylor headed home from close range, after T&T goalie Nicklas Frenderup tipped Spencer Weir's effot onto the crossbar.

But Judah Garcia netted T&T's fourth a minute later, collecting a long ball from the recalled centre-back Jelani Peters and finishing with a neatly-placed left-footed shot.

Moore, who replaced Joseph in the 67th (along with playmaker Duane Muckette) put the icing on the cake with two well-taken goals.

A minute after entering the field, Moore raced onto a ball from Muckette, left defender Dean Mason on his back with a left-footed cut-back, and lifted his right-footed shot over the advancing Brooks-Meade.

And, in the 82nd, Moore was again a recipient of a through ball from Muckette, as he skipped past Mason and guided his shot beyond the left of the hapless Montserrat keeper.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warriors win big, get closer to Gold Cup
« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2021, 08:47:23 AM »
Warriors win big, get closer to Gold Cup
T&T Express

Kevin Molino made a triumphant return to international football and Angus Eve a winning start as interim head coach as Trinidad and Tobago outclassed Montserrat 6-1 in a CONCACAF Gold Cup qualifier in Fort Lauderdale, Florida last night.

T&T had the game won by half-time after taking a 3-0 lead.

A match that was fairly even in the early stages, changed in the 20th minute when T&T won a penalty via VAR which Molino converted.

Nathan Pond was penalised for dangerous play when he accidentally kicked Aubrey David on the chin as the defender headed Neveal Hackshaw’s headed right side pass overbars. David got his chin bandaged, Pond picked up a yellow card and Molino marked his return to international duty by beating goalkeeper Comin Brooks  to his right.

Fifteen minutes later, Marcus Joseph spectacularly made keeper Brooks pay for an error all his own making.

Coming out of his area to clear the ball, the stocky Brooks passed straight to a T&T player who quickly fed Joseph. And from a position just over the half-way line, the quick-thinking striker sent the ball sailing into an empty net, the hapless Brooks slipping and falling as he tried in vain to recover.

The Montserrat keeper’s misery was further compounded in the final minute of first half injury time when Ryan Telfer clinically shot through his legs, after Telfer had shrugged off his marker having been put through by good combination play.

Ross Russell Jr came on for Triston Hodge at the start of the second period. But having rarely been troubled in the first 45 minutes, T&T conceded when a Montserrat attacker won a header while sandwiched between two defenders. His flick found unmarked substitute Spencer Weir whose drive rebounded off the crossbar for skipper Lyle Taylor to easily beat  goalkeeper Nicklas Frenderup  in the 55th minute to make it 3-1.

But needing further goals to keep their qualifying hopes alive, Montserrat left gaping holes in defence and paid the price against the increasingly confident Soca Warriors .

In the 57th, the previously anonymous Judah Garcia got his first international goal for T&T, controlling a Jelani Peters long ball with his right foot and shooting past Brooks with his left for 4-1.

The ball over the top paid dividends for T&T  again in the 68th  when substitute Reon Moore - on the field for just a minute-  made it 5-1  when he cut in from the left side, beat his defender and slotted past Brooks  at his near post. And nine minutes from full time, Moore completed a memorable 23 minutes for him with his second and T&T’s sixth after being found by another substitute, Duane Muckette with a pass to the left again.

The Soca Warriors will now go on to play either Cuba or French Guiana on Tuesday in a final qualifier, the winners going to the Gold Cup. 

Score:
T&T  6 (Kevin Molino (21st pen, Marcus Joseph 35th, Ryan Telfer 45+, Judah Garcia 57th, Reon Moore 67th, 82nd)

Montserrat 1 (Lyle Taylor 55th)

T&T starting XI:Khaleem Hyland (Captain), Nicklas Frenderup (GK), Aubrey David, Jelani Peters, Ryan Telfer, Marcus Joseph, Kevin Molino, Judah Garcia, Neveal Hackshaw, Alvin Jones, Triston Hodge

Substitutes used: Ross Russell Jr (45th) , Duane Muckette, Reon Moore (67th), Dre Fortune (79th), Isaiah Lee (85th)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2021, 08:50:50 AM »
Match Highlights

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NOa0W4oGa_s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NOa0W4oGa_s</a>

Post-game comments from Angus Eve

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/q91ANAn5yf4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/q91ANAn5yf4</a>

Kevin Molino shares his thoughts on the match

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yQOKfqKHEww" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yQOKfqKHEww</a>

Post-match reaction, featuring Andre Samuel

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uF1ehtVuq3k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uF1ehtVuq3k</a>

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2021, 09:33:26 AM »
Molino sound like you FF  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2021, 01:54:51 PM »
Moore has potential.. he played well, never seen him play before tbh
I think eve should call up Cummings tbh, he will be a great addition to this squad..

Eves coaching was better than both DL and Fenwick..

Will wait to see how they perform against better opposition but its a decent start for Eve and the team compared to what we have been seeing ...

1]; } ?>