March 28, 2024, 03:56:31 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Montserrat Game (2-July-2021)  (Read 10322 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Montserrat Game (2-July-2021)
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2021, 02:20:22 PM »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2021, 03:08:15 PM »
Moore has potential.. he played well, never seen him play before tbh

His first was the pick of the goals for me. Commentator noted how hard he hit the brakes on the cutback.
Montserrat back line was criminal not following our runs for those passes in behind. They were playing quite a high line. But, if they refuse to adjust daiz dey bizness.
Anybody have a scouting report for FG?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2021, 03:29:28 PM »
I think eve should call up Cummings tbh, he will be a great addition to this squad..

Eves coaching was better than both DL and Fenwick..

Will wait to see how they perform against better opposition but its a decent start for Eve and the team compared to what we have been seeing ...
maybe if you took the time to visit the forum and read a bit instead inciting conspiracies theories then you wouldn’t be invoking cummings, cause you would have known that cummings is under a doctor’s care ATM and is waiting for further testing to be cleared to play again. In addition he has already contacted angus and has agreed that as soon as he is cleared he will be part of the team, ok. so no more cummings being pushed aside marching band, he’s in the team if or when he’s cleared.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2021, 04:03:12 PM »
I think eve should call up Cummings tbh, he will be a great addition to this squad..

Will wait to see how they perform against better opposition but its a decent start for Eve and the team compared to what we have been seeing ...
agree with the tempered outlook. i like how frederup, telfer, aubrey & moore played. without molino to put the team on a solid footing in the 1st half i think they would have struggled. the minutes under the belt  made for a generally more fluid 2nd half showing. wasn't a complex enough game to see change in tactics or anything, so can't praise or blame eve yet. i think he try a few guys who --moore worked well, but i didn't like peters, russel jr or marcus joseph. i still wanting to see jesse williams encouraged, as better than others chosen. good outing, but i hope the favorites talk isn't true and we don't continue to see men who visably don't have the gc levels
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 04:06:25 PM by kounty »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2021, 06:10:48 PM »
Post-game comments from Ryan Telfer and Captain Khaleem Hyland

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZkWIocjHYSw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZkWIocjHYSw</a>

Angus Eve reflects on Trinidad and Tobago's opening win

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Gxp7-RshR5Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Gxp7-RshR5Q</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2021, 06:13:01 PM »
Would be interested to see the full game.

Missed it last night.

Good move with Eve
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2021, 06:37:56 PM »

maybe if you took the time to visit the forum and read a bit instead inciting conspiracies theories then you wouldn’t be invoking cummings, cause you would have known that cummings is under a doctor’s care ATM and is waiting for further testing to be cleared to play again. In addition he has already contacted angus and has agreed that as soon as he is cleared he will be part of the team, ok. so no more cummings being pushed aside marching band, he’s in the team if or when he’s cleared.

Why so argumentative in tone brother?  :D

A simple Cummings waiting for results would suffice..

Been busy, after the whole Fenwick thing I had to take a break from the bullshit, plus I'm in post for my movie I shot in Morocco  🇲🇦

Hope Cummings is cleared and thats good news he will be a part of the plans going forward..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2021, 06:41:37 PM »

His first was the pick of the goals for me. Commentator noted how hard he hit the brakes on the cutback.
Montserrat back line was criminal not following our runs for those passes in behind. They were playing quite a high line. But, if they refuse to adjust daiz dey bizness.
Anybody have a scouting report for FG?

Definitely the best goal for me tbh he had great control of the ball in the box

High risk football and they didn't cover, especially with forwards with good pace, you're gambling not making adjustments definitely

Don't know anything about FG... Tallman might know

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2021, 06:47:50 PM »

agree with the tempered outlook. i like how frederup, telfer, aubrey & moore played. without molino to put the team on a solid footing in the 1st half i think they would have struggled. the minutes under the belt  made for a generally more fluid 2nd half showing. wasn't a complex enough game to see change in tactics or anything, so can't praise or blame eve yet. i think he try a few guys who --moore worked well, but i didn't like peters, russel jr or marcus joseph. i still wanting to see jesse williams encouraged, as better than others chosen. good outing, but i hope the favorites talk isn't true and we don't continue to see men who visably don't have the gc levels

Molino broke the ice.. however I felt like we are missing Poon in that mid tbh

Too early to judge Eve on tactics and coaching bc he hasn't faced a stern test yet.. club to national is a different ball game but his subs were much better than Fenwick and DL..

Players missing for me was Poon and hopefully Cummings..

Eve has his favorites I've heard which to me is not good for national football but we will see.. FG he gets another chance to show what he can do.. Moore is a nice surprise and I think Cummings spoke about another player who DL left off who's talented enough to make the sr team..

I've never really seen Joseph impress me tbh, he's a decent player, and I agree with you, GC level players need to be on the team, curry favor is the worse thing about our football and selection

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2021, 07:13:03 PM »
On a side note, the FSC commentator was quite knowledgeable of our players at US clubs and about Concacaf in general. I eh know he name but he was good.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2021, 07:14:12 PM »
Watching this game made me a bit angry more than anything because this Montserrat team is much better than Bahamas. So the obvious conclusion to be derived is that something was very much off in that camp. Montserrat of course is not the greatest challenge but they have held their own recently. El Salvador, who could potentially be in our group if we move to the next stage drew with them in WCQ as recent as March this year. 

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2021, 07:56:34 PM »
Watching Guatemala play Guyana. Guatemala is all over Guyana. But the Guyanese putting up a fight
 Taking chances. A lot of energy in this game. 1-0  Guatemala.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2021, 08:55:40 PM »
Guyana has a handful of Brits. But as a team, they are one of the worst. Talk about no discipline, composure, and no ball sense. They throw away this game. Down by 2 on the scoreboard. Down by 1 on the field.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2021, 09:44:59 AM »
Coach Angus Eve credits professionalism after Trinidad and Tobago defeat Montserrat 6-1
T&T Newsday

INTERIM head coach of the national men’s senior football team Angus Eve commended his team’s professionalism following their 6-1 victory over Montserrat in the first round of the Gold Cup qualifiers in Ft Lauderdale, Florida, USA, on Friday night.

The match, delayed by 45 minutes because of poor weather, was played at the DRV PNK Stadium.

Midfielder Kevin Molino gave T&T the lead with a penalty in the 21st minute.

T&T scored two more goals in the first half as Marcus Joseph got on the scoresheet in the 37th minute before Ryan Telfer found the back of the net in stoppage time in the first half.

Montserrat pulled a goal back ten minutes after the resumption when captain Lyle Taylor converted a header.

A minute later Judah Garcia made it a three-goal cushion again for T&T. Substitute Reon Moore scored the last two goals for T&T to round off the scoring with the final item coming in the 82nd minute.

“I thought today was a game of professionalism,” Eve said in a post-match media conference.

Eve said his players followed the strategy. “We studied the games of the opposition and we asked the guys to do particular stuff in the game and I thought, for the most part, we kept to the game plan. This is just three days of work with some of the guys and a week and a half with some of the other guys so I am very proud of the boys today. This is just one step in where we want to be – the first step. It is a good start.”

T&T will now play French Guiana in the second round of the qualifiers at 4.30 pm, on Tuesday. On Saturday, French Guiana were scheduled to play Cuba in the first round. However, a statement on the Concacaf website said, “Concacaf has been in regular communication with the Cuban Football Association regarding their travel to the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup preliminary round (qualifiers).

“Unfortunately, due to covid-19 related travel and visa challenges, and the required covid-19 testing regime, their match tonight against French Guiana will not take place.”

Discussing the importance of each match, Eve said, “We just treat every game as a final because every game we would play it will mean something because if we lose we go home and so losing is not the objective here.”

Eve said T&T belongs in the Gold Cup. “We want to be where we think we should be in the Gold Cup proper and marching against the likes of the USAs and the Mexicos and the Costa Ricas and all of these teams, so we definitely want to win the next game so that we could be in the Gold Cup proper.”

If T&T win on Tuesday they will qualify for the Gold Cup which kicks off on July 10.

Molino, asked by a reporter if his opening goal from the penalty spot established the right attitude for T&T, said, “Yes, but I think together we started off well. That set the tone - the first goal – and the floodgates opened and we continued going. We should have scored more, but so be it. We look forward to the next one now.”

Molino said the victory serves as motivation heading into Tuesday’s match.

“We would take it. It is confidence going into the next game. We not going to go into the next game lightly because we scored six. We are going in with the same mentality and even more hungry to get more goals.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2021, 11:18:57 PM »
both Lawrence and then Fenwick had failed to institute any kinda notable system, yuh could actually see what Eve team was trying to do, do they need ah better testing ground?......f**k yes, but did they display competence, opposition notwithstanding f**k yes.......(ah not cussing at yuh)

Lefty, again we can beat up on TF all we want. He was at a disadvantage in terms of time to prepare and the covid restrictions. DL did fail in the Hex. But some of the games were very close. The Mex.  and CR games were close. Plus they beat the US in Couva. You tell me, a team who was last in the group and had nothing to play for, and play the game of their life, causing a mini tsunami in the football world by knocking the US out of WC. That eh count as nothing? !!! Please, I beg to differ. I know most here don't like DL because he was SH successor by orders of DJW. Most of allyuh wanted him to fail. And he did. But look, he got an appointment with Coventry. So if that is not ambition, what is ? I want Angus to succeed real BAADD! But this is only one game. And we played Monserrat guys. Absolutely no disrespect to them.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 11:21:02 PM by Deeks »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2021, 04:09:15 AM »
both Lawrence and then Fenwick had failed to institute any kinda notable system, yuh could actually see what Eve team was trying to do, do they need ah better testing ground?......f**k yes, but did they display competence, opposition notwithstanding f**k yes.......(ah not cussing at yuh)

Lefty, again we can beat up on TF all we want. He was at a disadvantage in terms of time to prepare and the covid restrictions. DL did fail in the Hex. But some of the games were very close. The Mex.  and CR games were close. Plus they beat the US in Couva. You tell me, a team who was last in the group and had nothing to play for, and play the game of their life, causing a mini tsunami in the football world by knocking the US out of WC. That eh count as nothing? !!! Please, I beg to differ. I know most here don't like DL because he was SH successor by orders of DJW. Most of allyuh wanted him to fail. And he did. But look, he got an appointment with Coventry. So if that is not ambition, what is ? I want Angus to succeed real BAADD! But this is only one game. And we played Monserrat guys. Absolutely no disrespect to them.
can I shake your hand sir?? pop pop goes my horn. these are the things that grinds my nuts with these local trini football fans, they won a single game and all of a sudden they’re seeing the promise land. I was on Facebook yesterday and they’re ready for mexico and the U.S. after one game against monserrat, it’s crazy how their level of delusional is off the charts.

to begin with monserrat played a very high line and left a lot of gaps in their defense for any good running team to exploit, and i wouldn’t go tooting my horn just yet, when angus beats french guyana and one of the Central American minnows in like manner, then I will alight from my high chair and give props, but until then I remain unconvinced. don’t get me wrong I want for him to succeed more than anything else, but he has to prove me wrong, only then will I grab my fork and prepare to eat some humble pie, but until then, I’m a serious skeptic.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 05, 2021, 08:13:31 AM »

can I shake your hand sir?? pop pop goes my horn. these are the things that grinds my nuts with these local trini football fans, they won a single game and all of a sudden they’re seeing the promise land. I was on Facebook yesterday and they’re ready for mexico and the U.S. after one game against monserrat, it’s crazy how their level of delusional is off the charts.

to begin with monserrat played a very high line and left a lot of gaps in their defense for any good running team to exploit, and i wouldn’t go tooting my horn just yet, when angus beats french guyana and one of the Central American minnows in like manner, then I will alight from my high chair and give props, but until then I remain unconvinced. don’t get me wrong I want for him to succeed more than anything else, but he has to prove me wrong, only then will I grab my fork and prepare to eat some humble pie, but until then, I’m a serious skeptic.

Good thing through the passage of the years, I've seen this movie before and sensed that T&T's football sagas wreak havoc in your mind ... Otherwise, it would be tempting to ask what prompted the change in position you expressed on the other side of the weekend.

PS. poon is missing because he doesn’t fit the mole of what most in the local football fraternity see as a real trini. just listen to his reaction on Gary griffith, it was short and without elaboration. that boy would be victimized both him and angeron and all these lads who don’t fit the mole of what most of the local supporters would like to see……if you all get my drift. just ask david nakid how he was treated by those very same fans and how they rejected him just because of the way he looked. this would be the first time I would be hoping that we lose a match, just so we could be rid of this poisonous coach.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Long way to go
« Reply #137 on: July 05, 2021, 11:48:49 AM »
Long way to go
By Fazeer Mohammed (T&T Express)

History tells you to be wary of getting carried away with positive results when it comes to Trinidad and Tobago football.

But 6-1 is 6-1. And yes, there is reason to reference Friday night’s Gold Cup qualifying victory as being against 180th-ranked Montserrat. Then again, the goalless draw which eliminated the national team from the Qatar 2022 World Cup campaign at the preliminary group stage was against 201st-ranked Bahamas.

Indeed it was based on that elimination, notwithstanding the change of head coach, that there would have been more than a little anxiety in Fort Lauderdale about the prospect of another humiliating experience against a squad based almost entirely in the United Kingdom, albeit at the level of the lower leagues.

So the result under new head coach Angus Eve can almost be described as a pleasant surprise. Still, you would hope that the former national striker, someone who has experienced the perils, pitfalls and very occasional peaks associated with the national game for more than 30 years, would be reminding his players that the journey to respectability in the eyes of a weary public will be a long and difficult one, even as he offers more encouraging words ahead of tomorrow’s final qualifier against French Guiana, also in Fort Lauderdale.

If his team were to overcome that hurdle, then Trinidad and Tobago will be in the Gold Cup proper with the immediate opportunity to show this country’s mettle against the best in the region. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves though because we have very recent painful experience of how that can end up.

Whether Terry Fenwick was a yoke around the players’ necks or not, they were also performing poorly under the guidance of one of their own, Dennis Lawrence, for years. So let’s see if all this suggestion of footballers finally free to express themselves and now motivated to give of their best for their country is genuine, or just the usual fly-by-night propaganda which accompanies the occasional good result.

In concluding his report on the game for his Wired868 website, Lasana Liburd stated: “The Warriors are back.” No room for ambiguity there, and in fairness, he has witnessed enough of the trials and tribulations of the senior men’s national team for his assessment to carry quite a bit of credence.

But I will reserve judgement for two reasons. Firstly, I don’t know if we saw enough in 90 minutes of football to point to a complete transformation from the previously tedious, error-strewn performances. And secondly, the weight of history is so overwhelming that one excellent result will not significantly ease that burden.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 05, 2021, 01:05:42 PM »
Long way to go
By Fazeer Mohammed (T&T Express)

History tells you to be wary of getting carried away with positive results when it comes to Trinidad and Tobago football.

But 6-1 is 6-1. And yes, there is reason to reference Friday night’s Gold Cup qualifying victory as being against 180th-ranked Montserrat. Then again, the goalless draw which eliminated the national team from the Qatar 2022 World Cup campaign at the preliminary group stage was against 201st-ranked Bahamas.

Indeed it was based on that elimination, notwithstanding the change of head coach, that there would have been more than a little anxiety in Fort Lauderdale about the prospect of another humiliating experience against a squad based almost entirely in the United Kingdom, albeit at the level of the lower leagues.

So the result under new head coach Angus Eve can almost be described as a pleasant surprise. Still, you would hope that the former national striker, someone who has experienced the perils, pitfalls and very occasional peaks associated with the national game for more than 30 years, would be reminding his players that the journey to respectability in the eyes of a weary public will be a long and difficult one, even as he offers more encouraging words ahead of tomorrow’s final qualifier against French Guiana, also in Fort Lauderdale.

If his team were to overcome that hurdle, then Trinidad and Tobago will be in the Gold Cup proper with the immediate opportunity to show this country’s mettle against the best in the region. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves though because we have very recent painful experience of how that can end up.

Whether Terry Fenwick was a yoke around the players’ necks or not, they were also performing poorly under the guidance of one of their own, Dennis Lawrence, for years. So let’s see if all this suggestion of footballers finally free to express themselves and now motivated to give of their best for their country is genuine, or just the usual fly-by-night propaganda which accompanies the occasional good result.

In concluding his report on the game for his Wired868 website, Lasana Liburd stated: “The Warriors are back.” No room for ambiguity there, and in fairness, he has witnessed enough of the trials and tribulations of the senior men’s national team for his assessment to carry quite a bit of credence.

But I will reserve judgement for two reasons. Firstly, I don’t know if we saw enough in 90 minutes of football to point to a complete transformation from the previously tedious, error-strewn performances. And secondly, the weight of history is so overwhelming that one excellent result will not significantly ease that burden.

The last paragraph says it perfectly! so, let's applaud the win and hold off on the coronation ceremony.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 05, 2021, 02:53:17 PM »

Good thing through the passage of the years, I've seen this movie before and sensed that T&T's football sagas wreak havoc in your mind ... Otherwise, it would be tempting to ask what prompted the change in position you expressed on the other side of the weekend.

PS. poon is missing because he doesn’t fit the mole of what most in the local football fraternity see as a real trini. just listen to his reaction on Gary griffith, it was short and without elaboration. that boy would be victimized both him and angeron and all these lads who don’t fit the mole of what most of the local supporters would like to see……if you all get my drift. just ask david nakid how he was treated by those very same fans and how they rejected him just because of the way he looked. this would be the first time I would be hoping that we lose a match, just so we could be rid of this poisonous coach.
I really wanted them to lose because if angus were to be successful then he would get the job permanently and start ignoring players that should be in the team with the same stubbornness of gally, st claire, latapy and lawrence. I have watched angus over the years where he always levied heavy criticism on past coaches especially foreign coaches and in a very undermining way. I’m very surprised that he played frenderup and telfer being two foreigners BTW, wasn’t hoping to see them, but I doubt if players like poon, Gary griffith, danial phillip  and Greg ranjitsingh would ever get another call up anytime soon.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 05, 2021, 03:20:52 PM »
Yeah! Fazeer cooking wid gas!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 05, 2021, 04:37:10 PM »
Again, tomorrow's game against FG is not a given. DO NOT underestimate this team. Win this game and we are in GC. If we can't beat this team, then what is our football worth?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 05, 2021, 05:45:26 PM »
Again, tomorrow's game against FG is not a given. DO NOT underestimate this team. Win this game and we are in GC. If we can't beat this team, then what is our football worth?

The worth of our football does not hinge on that game. Just look at where we are right now. Look at what has transpired over the last five years.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2021, 07:10:23 PM »

The worth of our football does not hinge on that game. Just look at where we are right now. Look at what has transpired over the last five years.
:beermug: :thumbsup: :chilling:

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 06, 2021, 01:36:06 AM »
Yeah! Fazeer cooking wid gas!
yeh, fazeer should stick to sports because other than that he’s very poor at political and main stream journalism, and I find him to be extremely colloquial and cynical in his assessment. he’s a very one sided bloke IMO.

1]; } ?>