March 29, 2024, 08:18:51 AM

Author Topic: mad people.  (Read 635 times)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
mad people.
« on: June 06, 2021, 10:00:11 AM »
yes i could be annoying at times and quite frequently people often refuse to engage me usually, i will admit to that, but i was wondering if we could have a dialogue to help clear up some of our concerns. i've noticed that every time we lose a game people come on and act so very surprised and bewildered like we're never supposed to lose or have a poor showing, but when we win people are overjoyed and start picking apart our performance praising some and damning others, but did we ever stop to think that nothing has changed win lose or draw and we are in just as bad a position as years gone by and are in no position to demand better?

people we have done nothing for football since we played the united states in november 1989, in fact we had a semi pro league back then that was attracting far more spectators than we do now in this farce of a professional league.

our football regional presidents from the north, south, and central including the club owners were all in jack warners pockets voting his yes men back in power every election, yet this maniac was the VP of fifa and did nothing to advance football one inch in his own country or his region for that matter.

this man stood in fifa for two decades and did nothing of serious consequence, he build no community grounds, he couldn't get the pro league owners to collaborate with the federation by unifying the leagues creating a promotion and relegation system, they failed to bring private corporations on board and created no fiscal initiatives to make the federation financially independent.

for many years our youth football developmental system was the SSFL and still is, a part time mamaguye two month league with no serious training or level of coaching to speak of, and it shows in the performance of the players where they have failed continually to get past regional youth teams year after year, and this has been going on for the last 25 years and no one ever stopped to think that we have to change this system? this is outrageous, talk about the blind leading the dead.

so really people, when we draw with peurto rico and the bahamas why then are we surprised? it's true fenwick just might be a fraud who was exposed last night, but this is far beyond the reaches of terry fenwick, did we fear better under dennis lawrence or even steven hart?

i remembered the last world cup qualifiers in st vincent where the host team went up on us twice and levi came in and scored a brace to save face. in 2012 caribbean cup in antigua haiti had to save us by beating antigua barbuda for us to qualify for the gold cup, that after missing out on two consecutive tournaments after being knocked out by grenada twice, so where is all this fussing and cussing coming from now when we should have been fussing then?

isn't it strange that we have no more players in the english lower leagues? we haven't won a caribbean tournament in the last 20 years, and we struggle to make the gold cup every time it rolls around, think people think.

jovin jones one of our best players struggles to score sitters throughout this whole tournament even missing an open net last night, and now we are in awe of drawing to the bahamas who literally parked the bus if i've ever seen such a situation?and it was glaringly obvious that they did park the bus, yet people claim that we could have worked around that, ok that might be true, but only with players who have quality, and the bottom line is that we are not a quality team, in fact our players are shit........and you want to know why? because we have no football infrastructure on the both islands to speak of, and other regional nations have figured us out.

i conclude by saying that you all would be revisiting this quarrelsome situation for the next 20 years if these numb skull monkeys in charge of football don't get off their fat complaisant asses, roll up their sleeves and do something substantial for football, and lets start by voting in a worth while federation, get funding for football from corporate sponsorship, make this semi pro league a real professional league by brining in foreign experts from europe as consultants just like benhakker, wim and fister suggested.

the government should get busy building football training schools in every region of the country for instance north, central, south, west and east. bring in coaching staff from europe and give them contracts, and only employ local coaches who have all their euafa badges, no more nepotism we moving forward, and until that happens i will not come here expecting much, the reality is our players are of poor quality and as of recently, it is quite obvious. the emperor is naked people the boss's private parts are showing, can't you see?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 10:02:22 PM by pull stones »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: mad people.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 12:06:38 PM »
they failed to bring private corporations on board and created no fiscal initiatives to make the federation financially independent.

I totally agree

for many years our youth football developmental system was the SSFL and still is, a part time mamaguye two month league with no serious training or level of coaching to speak of,

It may be a mamaguy league, but it is the best thing since sliced bread. 90% of all of our top pros played in that mamaguy league. It is not the SSFL fault that their  system remains the development tool for youth footbal.

the government should get busy building football training schools in every region of the country for instance north, central, south, west and east.

I can assure you, no govt doing that. PNM nor UNC. None, None, None!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 12:13:31 PM by Deeks »

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 01:52:12 PM »
Doh worry
I talking long time but impact of culture and illusion
but who de fire truck care?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 01:53:17 PM »
Pull Stones..I started to write a response right after the game saying that our football has never recovered from 1989. I decided not to post it because it was harsh and critical and ultimately we as Trinibagonians would never fully accept responsibility for the disaster that is our football.
Pretty soon I expect to be hearing Dwight Yorke's name being ushered in as the next potential coach because that is who we are.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 02:56:16 PM »
they failed to bring private corporations on board and created no fiscal initiatives to make the federation financially independent.

I totally agree

for many years our youth football developmental system was the SSFL and still is, a part time mamaguye two month league with no serious training or level of coaching to speak of,

It may be a mamaguy league, but it is the best thing since sliced bread. 90% of all of our top pros played in that mamaguy league. It is not the SSFL fault that their  system remains the development tool for youth footbal.

the government should get busy building football training schools in every region of the country for instance north, central, south, west and east.

I can assure you, no govt doing that. PNM nor UNC. None, None, None!!!!!
Deeks i know you mean well mate but sometimes i think we get lost in translation. my point of bringing up the SSFL is not to discredit or discard it as a waste of time, but the fact is that it's the only means of producing footballers for our leagues and national team is frightening and is the nexus of our football woes right there.

inform me of any seriously competitive footballing nation with a strong league who relies on a high school league to produce their future football super stars? in fact all big name football countries have strong youth development programs. im sure mexico must have a good laugh as to how naive we in the caribbean were by not planning better to dethrone dem.

we are so blessed with naturally talented athletes in the caribbean yet do absolutely nothing but let it go to waste. with tall agile superfast athletes who could run faster jump higher and out maneuver our opponents, i don't see why we are constantly outdone by a bunch of short aztecs, inca and mayans, when we should be domination them the way we do in track and field.

we are such a mindless complaisant culture i swear, we sit around talking rubbish, but it never occurred to us to refine these attributes instead depending on a lazy lackluster system of player development to bring success. that's my point deeks, and by all means have your school league, but if i had my way none of those guys would set a single toe in the locker room of any of our national teams.

in fact i would have made it a requirement to be a traini of an academy or no national call up for you, unless you're a wiz kid like neymar. come on deeks we wasting time with this merry go round, we have to get serious or stop complaining when we lose, that's all.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2021, 03:02:10 PM »
Deeks we can't keep living in the past by equating one leader with past leaders, we have to try, we can't sit back and throw up our hand in the air. i believe we have a prime minister who is a sports lover and probably would be open to the idea of building special schools geared towards specific sports disciplines, ah mean how else would we know unless we try? this was the same guy who blessed DJW with 20 acres of land for the HOF, what do we have to lose?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2021, 03:10:22 PM »
Pull Stones..I started to write a response right after the game saying that our football has never recovered from 1989. I decided not to post it because it was harsh and critical and ultimately we as Trinibagonians would never fully accept responsibility for the disaster that is our football.
Pretty soon I expect to be hearing Dwight Yorke's name being ushered in as the next potential coach because that is who we are.
I hope not, that bloke was a blasted disaster if you asked me. in fact i don't want any local coaches in our senior team set up, assistant coach is fine, but no more unproven no name coach riding on his player status should be allowed to coach us ever again unless they have some serious coaching accolades under their belt, allowing that nonsense to take place yet again IMO is a backward step. it's either they stay with fenwick, or let dereck king continue as interim coach since there's no more football until 2023, but another session of one of these world cup premaddonas? no way jose.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2021, 05:14:25 PM »
inform me of any seriously competitive footballing nation with a strong league who relies on a high school league to produce their future football super stars?

pull stones, your points are valid. TTFA is at fault here. SSSL is about 4 mths(09 to 12). It will play school football no matter what. TTFA have 8 mths to run their programs. So there is no excuse for football development. The biggest problem is paying competent people(admin and coaches) to run these programs between Jan and Aug. One of my friends in TT told me that there are about 150 "coaching schools" or "academies" in TT. These so called institutions will not or do not want TTFA to have any programs to divert money away from them.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2021, 06:31:12 PM »
inform me of any seriously competitive footballing nation with a strong league who relies on a high school league to produce their future football super stars?

pull stones, your points are valid. TTFA is at fault here. SSSL is about 4 mths(09 to 12). It will play school football no matter what. TTFA have 8 mths to run their programs. So there is no excuse for football development. The biggest problem is paying competent people(admin and coaches) to run these programs between Jan and Aug. One of my friends in TT told me that there are about 150 "coaching schools" or "academies" in TT. These so called institutions will not or do not want TTFA to have any programs to divert money away from them.
academies? do you know what an academy is mate? the word academy means school, not some evening after school program where they learn how to kick and pass. go to italy and spain and you will see real academies with a full time football curriculum where players only go home on weekends.

in these schools one part of the day is for academics and the other half is for football. they learn tactic on paper, how to run, how to breathe, how to stay composed, the whole gamett of the game. that is why trinidad tobago will always hang their heads in shame, they're way too bloody comical. academies my foot.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2021, 11:02:17 AM »

academies? do you know what an academy is mate? the word academy means school, not some evening after school program where they learn how to kick and pass. go to italy and spain and you will see real academies with a full time football curriculum where players only go home on weekends.

in these schools one part of the day is for academics and the other half is for football. they learn tactic on paper, how to run, how to breathe, how to stay composed, the whole gamett of the game. that is why trinidad tobago will always hang their heads in shame, they're way too bloody comical. academies my foot.

That is why I put the word in quotes and used the word so-called.

1]; } ?>