April 19, 2024, 07:43:12 AM

Author Topic: How and What coaches say could reval a lot....  (Read 595 times)

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
How and What coaches say could reval a lot....
« on: June 12, 2021, 10:03:29 AM »
 In scanning  to pick up some vibes about  what coaces  are saying as they get ready to  lead their team in competition  can provide some insights as to - mental  preparation, confidence, caution, respect and team approach. Consider tthe foillowing from the Canadian Press- June 11 2021:
Canada headed to Haiti on Friday, looking to minimize its time in Port-au-Prince ahead of Saturday's World Cup qualifier.
The two teams meet again Tuesday in suburban Chicago with the series winner advancing to the final round of qualifying in CONCACAF.
While travel to Haiti is not recommended due to the pandemic and possible civil unrest, footballing authorities gave the green light to stage the first leg of the second-round playoff at Haiti's Stade Sylvio Cator in Port-au-Prince. Haiti has already hosted Belize and Nicaragua in qualifying play.
Canada coach John Herdman said his 70th-ranked his team was "excited" to face No. 83 Haiti.
"We're just focused now on what happens between those white lines," he said in an interview. "Everything else is just noise. We know we've got people in place to keep us safe."
Herdman said while the travelling party had gone through COVID-19 testing ahead of departure, it found another round of testing awaiting in Haiti.
"Which is a surprise," he said. "And honestly a bit of a concern. That was a new thing last night."
"We'll adapt to whatever they throw at us," he added.

"What we believe is that we've taken the necessary steps to mitigate as much risk as possible
… and done the best job possible with the governing bodies that we're working with," Montopoli said in an interview. "And potentially additional support that we as Canada Soccer see and feel is required for our team

Canada is 7-2-2 all-time against Haiti but lost last time out, blowing a 2-0 lead in a 3-2 loss in the quarterfinals of the 2019 Gold Cup in Houston. Haiti also beat Costa Rica at that tournament and took Mexico to extra time in a 1-0 semifinal loss.

"It showed the strength of that Haitian team and that we have to respect," said Herdman.

"Two years later, we're a stronger unit … We're a more talented team. We're stronger collectively and ready to go," he added.

The Canadians only found out they would be headed to Port-au-Prince on Tuesday in the wake of their 4-0 win over No. 136 Suriname and Haiti's 1-0 victory over No. 147 Nicaragua. The result meant Canada won Group B and Haiti took Group E.
Herdman calls Haiti his team's toughest opposition to date in qualifying.
"For sure," he said. "I think Suriname were tough in a different way. Suriname had higher quality but Haiti is a real team … They're a connected team. They have a very clear identity and one of those styles that teams don't really want to play against. You have to have the right mindset going into a game against Haiti. They're like that Wimbledon or a Burnley, that sort of direct football. They'll want to create a chaotic game.
"So for us it's pretty clear, It will be a tough match. But (we're) excited. This is what the guys want. They want this test. They want to show they can play against this team in these conditions and heat on a (artificial) turf field, maybe in a bit of a monsoon in Haiti. That's the exciting part, that's the adventure for us to be able to rise up to that challenge."
Defender Scott Kennedy agreed.
"I'm taking it on as an experience,: said the 24-year-old from Calgary, who plays for SSV Jahn Regensburg in the German second tier. "I'm not really sure what to expect. I know it's more of a Third World country but we're there to do a job. We're all professionals. So we'll get in, do that and come back to Chicago and finish the job."
Bayern Munich star Alphonso Davies said he believes the necessary steps have been taken to get the team in and out safely.

"We're ready and we're excited for the two legs coming up,"
he added.
The Canada-Haiti winner advances to the final round of qualifying in the region, which covers North and Central America and the Caribbean. Two other second-round playoff victors will join them in the so-called Octagonal, along with Mexico, the U.S., Jamaica, Costa Rica and Honduras who had byes to the final round.

The top three teams after the final round-robin book their ticket to Qatar 2022 with the fourth-place finisher advancing to an intercontinental playoff. The Canadian men have not made the final round of CONCACAF qualifying since the lead-up to France '98.
Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter
This report by The Canadian Press was first published June 11, 2021

Ah boi lessons can be learnred from reading how excited , how ready and juts a general feeling of cautious optimism. Juts compare these  to how or what were said  prior to our games- it was constant complainging about the lack of friendlies,  conditions, not being able to play at home- keepo in mind Cnada played their games aganist Surinam in a netural site in US and willdo the same againg Haiti in the return,.

That is what  focus out to sound liek as you go into these types of qualifications- Experienced thoughtful coaches would instill this kind of approach. Ah boi look at how Haiti and Jamacia  is  up there and we are  swimming at the bottom of the sea feeling on scraps.

Hope the next coach could  learn a thing or two or brings a quality of experience,  motivational abilities to inspire confidence trust and focus on teh players.
 Lets nit settle for the closet  at hand or any  promises to ole boys. Lets do due diligence and get the best for TnT.

Lets help our committee and se if we could provide them with a sampling  orf extratc of what and how  successful coaches are motivating their teams to success.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 10:08:40 AM by ABTrini »

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How and What coaches say could reval a lot....
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 07:32:47 AM »
Winnipeg Fury? Where is he? He would be loving these posts !
Jun 12, 2021
Canada defeats Haiti in first leg of second-round CONCACAF World Cup qualifier
Cyle Larin's early goal gave Canada a 1-0 win over Haiti and the upper hand in their second-round World Cup qualifying playoff in CONCACAF.
The Canadian Press
 Cyle Larin
Cyle Larin , The Canadian Press
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti — A challenging trip to Haiti ended Saturday with a win and a valuable away goal for Canada in its quest to advance in CONCACAF World Cup qualifying.
The 70th-ranked Canadian men put on a composed, professional performance in the most difficult of conditions, defeating a physical Haiti side 1-0 in steamy heat on a sticky artificial surface at an empty Stade Sylvio Cator.

Canada and No. 83 Haiti meet again Tuesday at SeatGeek Stadium in Bridgeview, Ill., to decide who advances to the final round of qualifying in the region that covers North and Central America and the Caribbean.
"We knew if we could score early and score first, then we could take control of the game," said Canada coach John Herdman.
"We go back to Chicago with some control on our destiny" he added.
Cyle Larin gave Canada the lead in the 14th minute thanks to some fine buildup work. Mark-Anthony Kaye started the play with a through ball that found Jonathan Osorio down the right flank. Osorio, celebrating his 29th birthday, sent over a low cross that curved past three defenders and goalkeeper Johny Placide, allowing Larin a simple tap-in.
It was Larin's 14th international goal — and sixth in the five World Cup qualifiers to date.
Canada had 61 per cent of the possession in the first half, scoring on one of its two shots on target. Haiti showed some more offence in the second half but was unable to breach the Canadian defence.
"That was the exciting thing tonight, I think, from our guys. They showed that they can grind it out," said Herdman. "We've been criticized in the past for not grinding out performances on the road. This is as tough a place as I've seen and been."
Canada has not made the final round of CONCACAF qualifying since the lead-up to France '98.
The three second-round playoff winners in CONCACAF join Mexico, the U.S., Jamaica, Costa Rica and Honduras in the so-called Octagonal beginning in September. The top three teams from that round-robin book their ticket to Qatar 2022. The fourth-place finisher moves into an intercontinental playoff to see who joins them.
The Haiti trip was akin to a soccer smash-and-grab. The Canadians chartered in Friday and left for the airport after the game, with Herdman fading in and out on a post-game call to reporters from the team's security convoy -- with an accompanying soundtrack of honking horns and other traffic noise.
"Just bear with us. I'm getting thrown around everywhere," he said.

"For us the mental team (staff) got on top of it very quickly and made sure we had a couple of little strategies to ensure the players could reset, refocus."

Adding to the chaos was the fact the team's COVID-19 tests were late coming back.
"It was just a crazy three hours prior to the game," said Herdman. "Which set us up, I think, for the chaos that we were expecting on the field. It's been a wild ride over here. And it's a real eye-opener for any footballer to come to this country and just see what it is."
FIFA aside, all advice was to stay away from Haiti.
The U.S. government travel advisory was short and not very sweet, saying "Do not travel to Haiti due to kidnapping, crime, civil unrest and COVID-19." The Canadian government and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention echoed that warning.
Peter Montopoli, general secretary of Canada Soccer, said his organization had had "many discussions" with FIFA about the merits of staging a game in Haiti. Montopoli said Canada Soccer had requested extra security and medical staff plus "experienced staff on the ground."
The Haiti team didn't put out much of a welcome wagon on the field. It was 33 degrees Celsius at kickoff and the Haitians wasted little time turning up the heat.
Haiti forward Frantzdy Pierrot set the tone when he was booked in the second minute for scything down Canadian defender Scott Kennedy.
The Haitians treated Alphonso Davies like a pinata all game.
In the 16th minute, a sliding Stephane Lambese took down Davies with the Bayern Munich star slow to get up. Jeppe Simonsen was booked in the 40th minute for pulling Davies down. And Davies took some more lumps in the 88th minute with Jems Geffrard, who plays for HFX Wanderers FC in the Canadian Premier League, booked for sending him flying through the air.
The 20-year-old Davies didn't complain. He just got up and kept running at the opposition.
"You could see the maturity," said Herdman.
Herdman made two changes to the starting 11 that beat Suriname 4-0 Tuesday in Bridgeview. Steven Vitoria came in for Doneil Henry at the heart of the Canadian defence and Kaye slotted in for Samuel Piette in the midfield.
The Canadian starting 11 had a combined 206 caps going into the match with Osorio, Larin and goalkeeper Milan Borjan, who retained the captain's armband, accounting for 121 of those. The starters had an average age of 25.
Both teams had chances early in the second half.
Placide stopped Jonathan David on a breakaway in the 52nd minute. A minute later, an acrobatic Borjan had to reach high to palm away a Pierrot bicycle kick from close-range.
The Haitians began to pose a few more problems, causing some goalmouth chaos on a corner.
Davies put a free kick on target in the 63rd minute, with Placide punching the ball away. Placide then stopped David in the 75th after a rampaging run up the middle by Davies.
The Canadians held a 7-2-2 edge over Haiti going into the match but the Haitians won last time out, rallying from a 2-0 deficit to beat Canada 3-2 in the quarterfinals of the 2019 Gold Cup.
Both teams were unbeaten in the first round of World Cup qualifying.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published June 12, 2021

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 08:21:05 AM »
This is how you can overcome obstacles when you don't have to worry about money.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 09:55:48 AM »
ABTrini I hope you’re happy now, Christmas has come early for you this year. I also hope this is the last of the 20,000 usd conversation, and we can all have a break from the constant jabber that you were on about concerning terry. he’s gone and I’m happy it’s over, and from now on trinis deserve whatever they get since they stayed quietly for the past year and watch football being usurped by fifa and went along with it.

it’s been years since fifa has been dumping on our football followed by decades of their cronyism in the ttfa who have mismanaged and used football for their personal gain while the stake holders stood by enabling the pillaging while salivating waiting on their turn at the table, then they want to come on the media and cry crocodile tears about our football has fallen……fallen where might i ask?

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 10:16:32 PM »
ABTrini I hope you’re happy now, Christmas has come early for you this year. I also hope this is the last of the 20,000 usd conversation, and we can all have a break from the constant jabber that you were on about concerning terry. he’s gone and I’m happy it’s over, and from now on trinis deserve whatever they get since they stayed quietly for the past year and watch football being usurped by fifa and went along with it.

it’s been years since fifa has been dumping on our football followed by decades of their cronyism in the ttfa who have mismanaged and used football for their personal gain while the stake holders stood by enabling the pillaging while salivating waiting on their turn at the table, then they want to come on the media and cry crocodile tears about our football has fallen……fallen where might i ask?

This has little to do with  happiness- prior to Dennis Lawrence, I advocated that TF  should have some role to play with the national team. My rant is not a personal one against the man TF but  the disparity in wages allotted to someone who was unable to deliver a better quality evidence of a structured competitive team.
 Personally,  in terms of living standards and wages within the TNT context, that kinda money i could see going to a proven  coach with strong international pedigree and success.

Ironically his win /loss record is flattering if one was to look at it strictly from that standpoint. It goes to show is not about just winning but about winning the  games that actually  matters and doing so  with a conviction, confidence and structure.

Do I believe that  his replacement is the answer to get us better results? I will reserve judgement  on the other until evidence warrants otherwise. unlike TF, his pedigree and  accomplishments are not on the same  scale. As a matter of fact his past success or lack there of may be evidence that  the probability  for success at this level of competition is unlikely then again.......... maybe if he get 20k TT per month that may incentify him  to work  get the currency exchanged to US dollars. :) :rotfl:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 10:23:13 PM by ABTrini »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 12:08:52 PM »

This has little to do with  happiness- prior to Dennis Lawrence, I advocated that TF  should have some role to play with the national team. My rant is not a personal one against the man TF but  the disparity in wages allotted to someone who was unable to deliver a better quality evidence of a structured competitive team.
 Personally,  in terms of living standards and wages within the TNT context, that kinda money i could see going to a proven  coach with strong international pedigree and success.

Ironically his win /loss record is flattering if one was to look at it strictly from that standpoint. It goes to show is not about just winning but about winning the  games that actually  matters and doing so  with a conviction, confidence and structure.

Do I believe that  his replacement is the answer to get us better results? I will reserve judgement  on the other until evidence warrants otherwise. unlike TF, his pedigree and  accomplishments are not on the same  scale. As a matter of fact his past success or lack there of may be evidence that  the probability  for success at this level of competition is unlikely then again.......... maybe if he get 20k TT per month that may incentify him  to work  get the currency exchanged to US dollars. :) :rotfl:
instant gratification that’s what you views reeks of, it all about running around like monkeys when we overachieve, and actually that’s it in a nut shell when ever we gain any level of success, it’s overachieving, since we have no structure and absolutely no plan past the gold cup, while the Americans Canadians and Mexicans have already planned ten years down the road.

the gold cup is going to come and go and no post covid plans on the way, no one has sat and figured out what they’re going to do about this bush league that can’t even get off the ground let alone send a player to league two, or worst yet the Scottish second division.

these tree climbers can’t even find a way to attract sponsors for a fete match, let alone produce one team in the whole national set up that could qualify out of the region for an international tournament, but they’re worried about “our level of play and our status in CFU has diminished” under this coach, what a joke since our level of play had diminished since we were the whipping boys of concacaf over the years getting ran through by mexico Costa rica and the United states both on the international and club level in the concacaf champions league, gold cup and World Cup qualifying.

Instead of beating yourself up over a coach who couldn’t motivate these miss kickers with a 20,000 usd price tag attached…...like it was coming out of your pocket, you should be concerning yourself with producing formidable players who are fundamentally sound that’s taught in a professional environment geared towards developing proper footballers, and an equally professional league to further harness and develop their skill set to compete with the rest of the world.

that’s where your main concern should lie, and not in no quick fixes just so you could boast about how good trinis could play football. that nonsense was long time stupid talk when the rest of the world was playing catch up, and at a time when trinis used to fool themselves into thinking that we could actually play football just as good as brazil, boy you delusional people does tickle me sore with your madness yes.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 12:15:32 PM by pull stones »

1]; } ?>