March 18, 2024, 10:00:28 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs French Guiana (06-Jul-2021)  (Read 7118 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thread for T&T vs French Guiana (06-Jul-2021)
« on: July 03, 2021, 03:39:09 PM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs French Guiana preliminary round of the Concacaf Gold Cup game at the DRV PNK Stadium in South Florida on the 6th of July 2021 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

To be updated.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers:

Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Nicklas Frenderup (Ranheim Il—Denmark), Marvin Phillip (Unattached);

Defenders:

Radanfah Abu Bakr (Unattached), Aubrey David (Deportivo Saprissa—Costa Rica), Justin Garcia (Defence Force), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Neveal Hackshaw (Indy Eleven—USA), Jelani Peters (Pittsburgh Riverhounds—USA), Triston Hodge (Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC—USA), Alvin Jones (Unattached), Ross Russell Jr (Terminix La Horquetta Rangers), Jesse Williams (Unattached);

Midfielders:

Joevin Jones (InterMiami CF—USA), Kevin Molino (Columbus Crew—USA), Hashim Arcia (Defence Force), Khaleem Hyland (Al Batin—Saudi Arabia), Andre Fortune II (Memphis 901 FC—USA), Duane Muckette (Unattached), Michel Poon-Angeron (Unattached), Judah Garcia (Unattached), Molik Khan (Club Sando);

Forwards:

Marcus Joseph (Unattached), Isaiah Lee (Terminix La Horquetta Rangers), Reon Moore (Defence Force), Ryan Telfer (Atletico Ottawa—Canada).

Coach - Angus Eve (TRI).

Montserrat Squad

Goalkeepers

To be updated.

Defenders

To be updated.

Midfielders

To be updated.

Forwards

To be updated.

Coach - Thierry De Neef (FRA)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 03:57:32 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs French Guiana(06-Jul-2021)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 04:35:49 PM »
French Guyana hasn't played a competitive game since Nov 2019. They will have a few Ligue 2 players in their squad. Majority of their team will be players outside of France.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 10:33:53 PM »
i hope you guys watched the guadelope bahamas game, i also hope you saw that bahamas used the very same strategy against guada by playing a very low line and flooding the midfield against a good french league 2 team. so all who claimed that we should have beaten them by a huge margin, how can you score multiple goals against a team that concentrates mainly on playing defensively and attack sparingly?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 10:45:03 PM »
on another note, ian lowe the bahamian goal keeper was introduced to the team for our game, and as we can see he's make the difference between them losing the game by a decent margin as opposed to a blow out.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2021, 11:05:32 PM »
The players wasn't energized to play for TF, I was watching dem game and found his "real time" coaching to be grating at worst highly distracting at best, if ah coach doh have d dressing room it doh make sense.....it was clear dat dem fellas wasn't into TFs approach regardless of Bahamas tactics, nutten I saw during his stint can convince me dat TF was right for we team and he had my support when he first came in......it just wasn't meant to be
I pity the fool....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 12:29:42 AM »
The players wasn't energized to play for TF, I was watching dem game and found his "real time" coaching to be grating at worst highly distracting at best, if ah coach doh have d dressing room it doh make sense.....it was clear dat dem fellas wasn't into TFs approach regardless of Bahamas tactics, nutten I saw during his stint can convince me dat TF was right for we team and he had my support when he first came in......it just wasn't meant to be
ok mate point taken.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 02:06:16 AM »
on another note, ian lowe the bahamian goal keeper was introduced to the team for our game, and as we can see he's make the difference between them losing the game by a decent margin as opposed to a blow out.

Yuh sure about that? Did he not play vs Puerto Rico in their 7-0 loss?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2021, 02:12:39 AM »
i hope you guys watched the guadelope bahamas game, i also hope you saw that bahamas used the very same strategy against guada by playing a very low line and flooding the midfield against a good french league 2 team. so all who claimed that we should have beaten them by a huge margin, how can you score multiple goals against a team that concentrates mainly on playing defensively and attack sparingly?

I don't know why you insist on relitigating this. Both matches were "must-win". Guadeloupe won and we didn't. BAH found a way to win. We did not.

Bahamas also modified its team for the Gwada match recognizing it was a "must-win" for them.

The claim was not that BAH should have been pummeled. The claim was that we should have scored at least ONE goal.

Even if we view things from BAH vs TT through a Bahamian lens ("attempt to not lose vs must win") - as was pointed out elsewhere - that view transitioned to "attempt to win" as the match progressed, creating similar conditions as the Gwada match.

Even if we say the stakes are higher in WC qualifying than GC qualifying, then it would have to be posited that the incentive to score would also be higher.

It all comes back to mission accomplished for one team and not for the other team.

Maybe the NC should launch a Commission of Inquiry into why we lost or ppl should just come before the public and confess Truth and Reconciliation style.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 02:26:29 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2021, 03:49:44 AM »
well i'm only regurgitating what i heard in the commentary when we played them when they said that a 18 yr old started for them from some university like it was his first cap, maybe i ws miss lead in thinking that he never started before then. whatever the case is bro, they are not leaking goals anymore, who knows why.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2021, 03:51:26 AM »
angus there's no tape to review mate, cuba pulled out for whatever reason, so you're going in blind. good luck you're going to need it.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2021, 03:55:27 AM »

I don't know why you insist on relitigating this. Both matches were "must-win". Guadeloupe won and we didn't. BAH found a way to win. We did not.

Bahamas also modified its team for the Gwada match recognizing it was a "must-win" for them.

The claim was not that BAH should have been pummeled. The claim was that we should have scored at least ONE goal.

Even if we view things from BAH vs TT through a Bahamian lens ("attempt to not lose vs must win") - as was pointed out elsewhere - that view transitioned to "attempt to win" as the match progressed, creating similar conditions as the Gwada match.

Even if we say the stakes are higher in WC qualifying than GC qualifying, then it would have to be posited that the incentive to score would also be higher.

It all comes back to mission accomplished for one team and not for the other team.

Maybe the NC should launch a Commission of Inquiry into why we lost or ppl should just come before the public and confess Truth and Reconciliation style.

Asylum, Pullstones right. When we see Bahamas park dat bus on we, we should ah know, dais it..

And in this case, don't expect any team to beat BAH now that they have these "new" tactics. Expect the likes of Mexico, Brazil or Argentina to fall to the "mighty BAH" now that they have become such a powerful force in Football. I watch some of their game, and when I see they touch, they passing, they ball sense, and that they playing in a light blue too, I really thought is Argentina on de field. They hotel workers get big contracts since playing TT.. and man we can't rule them out now. .  :  :rotfl:

Pullstones, yuh still coming with dis chupidness? Come on man. Quit defending yuh ole bloke Fenwick.  Fenwick was complacent and he did not take BAH seriously. Go watch the press conference with him after the BAH game and compare it with Eve's. Fenwick did not have anything to say about the strategy he used to play BAH. No mention of what he was trying to accomplish. Just a lot of hot british air. 

Eve at least explained the game plan. . 6 to 1 against a better team, where key players were missing for us, is enough said. Thank you

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2021, 04:15:50 AM »
well i'm only regurgitating what i heard in the commentary when we played them when they said that a 18 yr old started for them from some university like it was his first cap, maybe i ws miss lead in thinking that he never started before then. whatever the case is bro, they are not leaking goals anymore, who knows why.

He is in an amazing position at the start of his college career. Normally we hear of 15 and 16 year olds getting NT call ups as non-GKs. He's only been specialized as a GK for 4 years and look what he has accomplished. His college coaches must be ecstatic. I don't know his height or whether he should be looking at other options, but he has amassed great memories in a short time. Imagine him improving.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2021, 04:22:24 AM »
Most of the observation of FG was supposed to take place yesterday. With the shift in circumstance, the advantage shifted to them in that sense because they have more recent material to work with having seen us play.

They should be stretchable across the park if we adopt the requisite accuracy, urgency, intent and verticality. I was encouraged by our increased accuracy in passing on Friday. However, not sure whether playing with somewhat anchored LB and RB is the remedy for the coming 90 minutes.

Also would like to see 1-2 modifications in the starting XI.

FG will be susceptible to pace (Judah!). Not only have they travelled with some aging contributors, a core of their reinforcements are not attacking players.

Things to be mindful of: the presumptive LB will be a threat on set pieces and has pinpoint fluid deliveries to the usually challenging drop zones in the penalty area. He played a couple cycles at Lens before Bostock did.  Fairly experienced player. Has amassed almost 350 matches in top two tiers, with marginally more in Ligue 1. Good news is he hasn't played much this past season in Ligue 1 (had maybe 300 minutes total across seven matches; so about 3 x 90 match minutes).

If there is space on the flank to be exploited, he will probably take it. But, based on a reliable source, FG planned to use him as a LM rather than LB. Inference/rationale: get him into attacking contributions without having to cover the full length of the pitch and to contest play in an area where creation usually occurs. He is vulnerable to paused balls (stop/pause, freeze, drag line/inside). His ability to recover and aging go hand in hand.

Lugier
Adam
Lescot
Moges
Marigard G
Baal
Vancaeyezeele
Rimane
Evens
Privat
Abelinti

This is what was mooted as to the plan vs Cuba.

There's also a proposed shuffle of personnel if playing 4-3-3 and another variant if they drop to 5 in the back. Will deal with that later.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 04:33:02 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2021, 04:30:57 AM »
The odds are on our side. FG hasn't played in 19 months. Not only that, but they did not get a tune up like us before the game. Eve's true test now. I feel much more confident in the team. But let's not get complacent. Treat this game like a final

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2021, 07:38:13 AM »
The odds are on our side. FG hasn't played in 19 months. Not only that, but they did not get a tune up like us before the game. Eve's true test now. I feel much more confident in the team. But let's not get complacent. Treat this game like a final

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2021, 08:23:33 AM »

:D :D :D :D :D :D

is one game at time given d constant kicks up we ass we get in d last few years, all dem team is test and if we doh pass is no gold cup, d time when we could laff at d notion of FG and Mons being "test" is arguable a full 2 decades in d past.....mostly 'cause we didn' develop or evolve as we should have, but still any game not won yet is ah test dese days
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2021, 09:04:49 AM »
We are having difficulty accepting that each match is a test.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2021, 09:25:04 AM »
On a different note, I think I would like to remind you guys that all these Gold Cup games are live on PrendeTV. It is an app you can download to your phone, roku, etc. I watched all the GC prelims there. You may want to have this app especially if TT qualifies.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2021, 09:29:48 AM »
We are having difficulty accepting that each match is a test.

not just a test but a true test. We are having this difficulty  :D :D

2001 same mentality as 2021 - OLD MAN DINOSAURS MENTALITY :D

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2021, 12:52:55 PM »
I don't think FG will push for goals. They will want to play it very safe and play a defensive minded game as they haven't had any games since Nov 2019. Don't know much about the FG domestic league. But about  1/2 the team is playing there. The other half is playing in France. 20% of that half play in Ligue 1 or 2. The rest play in the equivalent of a league 4,5,6,7.

After watching Guyana and Montserrat, I think relying on foreign borns playing in low level leagues might not always be a benefit to the team. So we shouldn't be too concerned about 5th and 6th division foreign born players..  just my opinion.

For Guyana, their inclusion of the Brits worked against them. I think Guyana's better team is in their home based. This is the first time their squad had this many brits, and they played their worst.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2021, 01:06:14 PM »
WATCH: After scoring a brace against Montserrat, Reon Moore looks ahead to facing French Guiana

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tS40vADAoYc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tS40vADAoYc</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2021, 10:36:38 PM »
K Molino is the difference maker on this team if I was T Fenwick I would be livid seeing that he made himself available for A Eve and he is not fully match fit and he did not make himself available for the WC even if he was coming off the bench he could have save TT WC.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2021, 11:45:59 PM »
K Molino is the difference maker on this team if I was T Fenwick I would be livid seeing that he made himself available for A Eve and he is not fully match fit and he did not make himself available for the WC even if he was coming off the bench he could have save TT WC.

After playing in the last GC against Guyana, I said I will take a half fit Molino on the NT anytime.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2021, 11:55:13 PM »
I don't think FG will push for goals. They will want to play it very safe and play a defensive minded game as they haven't had any games since Nov 2019. Don't know much about the FG domestic league. But about  1/2 the team is playing there. The other half is playing in France. 20% of that half play in Ligue 1 or 2. The rest play in the equivalent of a league 4,5,6,7.

After watching Guyana and Montserrat, I think relying on foreign borns playing in low level leagues might not always be a benefit to the team. So we shouldn't be too concerned about 5th and 6th division foreign born players..  just my opinion.

For Guyana, their inclusion of the Brits worked against them. I think Guyana's better team is in their home based. This is the first time their squad had this many brits, and they played their worst.

So, FG, Guad, Martinique, PR, VI are departments of France and US respectively. They can bring in players from the mother country. The first 3 can get "better" players because of the higher standard of the French league pyramid. Why should we underestimate FG ? I remeber them beating us in the Oval for a Shell Cup qualifying game. I can remember from the 60s Martinique and Guada were never walkover. Teams from these 3 countries play in the French cup

This from wiki:

The Coupe de France, also known as the Coupe Charles Simon, is the premier knockout cup competition in French football organized by the French Football Federation (FFF). It was first held in 1917 and is open to all amateur and professional football clubs in France, including clubs based in the overseas departments and territories.

So this tells you something about FG. They could beat we arse.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 11:57:10 PM by Deeks »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2021, 02:11:02 AM »
French Guiana have really progressed - it would be a big mistake to underestimate them, although they have been hit by the current travel restrictions. This is probably the best time to play them in all honesty, as their form isn't great
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 02:14:13 AM by Tiresais »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2021, 03:46:10 AM »
yuh know I used to think that you’re just another idiot who’s full of himself, but the more you talk I finally realize that you’re not only a very silly man, but you’re also very toxic. maybe you should do some research before you set out to lie to the public. first of all molino was training with fenwick from the start especially when the post season was finished and his team was knocked out in the semi final round of the play off.

Molino, jovin jones and neval hackshaw was all on post season break training with terry’s local squad, then when the usa friendly came up both him and jovin Jones was out of contract and was negotiating with a few teams so they asked to be excused from the friendly, then they were back in training for the World Cup qualifiers for a while then both the USL and mls players went back to their clubs for preseason training where molino suffered a hamstring injury and was ruled out for 6 - 8 weeks in april.

when the last rounds of games came around in June 5th - 8th he was still out and was in very light training, and it was only two weeks ago did he get some playing time for his team of which i certainly doubt if molino played three full games for his club since he’s been back. so stop lying and embellishing the truth, you sick local trinis from the football fraternity would do anything to win an argument just to prove a point wouldn’t you??
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 03:51:39 AM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2021, 04:19:39 AM »
In the interest of injecting a bit of sobriety into the discussion, by way of reminders.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/923kkL31a8g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/923kkL31a8g</a>
Abelinti and Privat (see the graphic above)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZmulfwWF9ok" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZmulfwWF9ok</a>
Marigard, J. x 2.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 04:33:40 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2021, 04:30:05 AM »

So, FG, Guad, Martinique, PR, VI are departments of France and US respectively. They can bring in players from the mother country. The first 3 can get "better" players because of the higher standard of the French league pyramid. Why should we underestimate FG ? I remeber them beating us in the Oval for a Shell Cup qualifying game. I can remember from the 60s Martinique and Guada were never walkover. Teams from these 3 countries play in the French cup

This from wiki:

The Coupe de France, also known as the Coupe Charles Simon, is the premier knockout cup competition in French football organized by the French Football Federation (FFF). It was first held in 1917 and is open to all amateur and professional football clubs in France, including clubs based in the overseas departments and territories.

So this tells you something about FG. They could beat we arse.

FG is not that mighty. I'm just saying their lower division players may not be much to worry about. They struggled to get wins in the last CNL. They beat Belize by default. And beat Saint Kitts. Lose to Grenada and Belize. This was with their foreign born.
Sure the foreign born can add a boost. But if 80% are 5th and 6th division players, then it might not be a huge advantage.

Curacao and Suriname, and even Martinique. Have a pool of 1st and 2nd division players.

We seen how Curacao has benefited. And Suriname just got their ducks in a row with getting their foreign born players. They have only scratched the surface with tapping into their foreign born pool. Their foreign born pool is deeper than JAs. With many playing in top flight football in Netherlands.   

Martinique has many too, they haven't tapped into ALL of their foreign born in the same way Curacao has. Patrick Kluivert was the one who spareheaded the campaign to identify foreign born Curacaon players back in 2018. He put boots on the ground to identify them. If Martinique did that, they will have a stronger pool. I will tell you something, IF Martinique had the opportunity to compete for WC qualifying, you would see how deep their foreign born pool is.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2021, 04:39:10 AM »
In the interest of injecting a bit of sobriety into the discussion, by way of reminders.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/923kkL31a8g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/923kkL31a8g</a>
Abelinti and Privat (see the graphic above)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZmulfwWF9ok" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZmulfwWF9ok</a>
Marigard, J. x 2.

Yes they ain't no pushover. They are missing some guys due to travel restrictions. And haven't played together since 2019 November. . Still we can't go in there riding on that for the win. One thing about FG, When they play good, they play very good. And when they play bad, they play very bad.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2021, 05:01:36 AM »
GoP, FG's players may be "foreign-based" but they are overwhelmingly not foreign-born. Aside from Vancaeyezeele (NCAA Division II Player of the Year some seasons back) and the presumptive starting GK, Lugier ... I think everyone else, if not all of them, is born in FG (just as Malouda was).

I wouldn't overstate that case because FG is a losing party if yuh want to go that route ... they are other eligible  very good active players born in FG who are not representing them.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 07:15:06 AM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>