March 28, 2024, 02:09:23 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs French Guiana (06-Jul-2021)  (Read 7158 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs French Guiana(06-Jul-2021)
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2021, 02:42:54 AM »
Ah wonder if having Renato Sanches in Fort Lauderdale for three days would work wonders before Montserrat.

There's a reason that comment was made. I'm certain it will be relevant in the days ahead.

And it was.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2021, 02:52:39 AM »
Strange - No one commented on the Technical team . I thought The Federation had financial problems.
 Why do we need a manager as well as a National Team Director .Let us not ask about the Physiotherapist as well as a massage therapist. Some folks are on a joy ride.

To this point, [some of] the players need a psychologist. That would add immense value. Player psychology is a step beyond the ability to motivate players. Ideally, the psychology should be built into the tactical approach.

After what we witnessed in the Bahamas I hoped never to see any glimmer of that deficiency again, but truth be told, there was an element of it during the 90 minute battle yesterday. Maybe someone will surface to assist. 

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2021, 04:26:02 AM »
Guadeloupe just punch dey ticket. Ah tink they reach 12 penalties

That's right. When last you see a keeper take a penalty kick, then have to run towards the goal to save a spot kick.

Ceballos from Guatemala ended up being the goat. Two penalty shots, none seen the netting. To make matters worse, it was almost a home game for Guatemala. The stands were 99%Guatemalan. Also this is the 3rd consecutive absence from the Gold Cup for Guatemala. They have never been away from the gold cup for 8 years. Wow. And we thought we had it bad.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2021, 08:04:15 AM »
I think for this match we should get some credit,having lost the captain and Garcia, also missing his brother, add to that Aubrey David playing with a damaged chin,that wouldn't help him,it would hinder.After hearing so much about these countries playing with overseas players, makes you think they might be better than us,it's not so in many cases,so train and develop your own.In the football history of Trinidad the best years was when we had no foreigners,in the 70s when "we got done up good N proper" by Haiti,and again in the 90s by USA,denied a blatant penalty,no foreigners again.
   I cannot help but praise those penalty takers,it must be the best I have ever seen,I have to say bravo to them and the rest of the team.Some improvement is needed.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2021, 09:33:19 AM »
Jus watched d presser and Eve waş saying that FG was playing so deep we were having difficulty breaking their lines, I was curious as to why we kept třyin to get "in behind"  ah low block and not adapting to try and play through d lines, we I saw enough indication d they have practicing  to play "through d .lines" but wasn't doing dat nearly enough yesterday....because when we trieď to combine to create chances we looked far better.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 09:36:59 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2021, 10:24:20 AM »
Well done T&T really happy for the result. In these tournament type games you just have to win and advance, even if it comes ugly.
Now that we won a couple things I was surprized by in the pk shootout:
1) We won the toss and allowed them to shoot first. I'm sure we have our reasons but these days almost all teams who wins the toss tends to shoot first due to the physcological aspect. The pressure tends to be on the team kicking 2nd.
2) Molino our main (maybe best) and experienced kicker went last. What if our 4th kicker missed? Then Molino won't have kicked considering how things went. This was the same mistake Portugal did at a tounament allowing CR7 to go last and he never got the opportunity to kick, needless to say Portugal lost. I watched ARG in the shootout last night, Messi went first, he's not waiting until 5.
Again things worked out in our favor so I can't critize it but I was just suprized at those two decisions. Nevermind me, I think of random stuff at times. Goodluck against Mexico fellas!!!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2021, 10:56:16 AM »
I think for this match we should get some credit,having lost the captain and Garcia, also missing his brother, add to that Aubrey David playing with a damaged chin,that wouldn't help him,it would hinder.After hearing so much about these countries playing with overseas players, makes you think they might be better than us,it's not so in many cases,so train and develop your own.In the football history of Trinidad the best years was when we had no foreigners,in the 70s when "we got done up good N proper" by Haiti,and again in the 90s by USA,denied a blatant penalty,no foreigners again.
   I cannot help but praise those penalty takers,it must be the best I have ever seen,I have to say bravo to them and the rest of the team.Some improvement is needed.

I was looking at it from that angle too. There are about a good 7 quality guys missing. Fenwick did not do a good job with utilizing them. However Eve did more with less. Key guys missing:

- Bateau
- J Jones
- L Garcia
- Powder
- Phillips
- Hodge

Injuries:

- Hyland
- J Garcia

Now I am not in any way suggesting we are out of the woods. I think the elephant in the room. . Not being able to close the game off, is what needs to be fixed first. We let these teams grow into the game too easy.

Also we lack confidence in taking chances. Muckette is a great player. But too many times he killed the development of a play by turning he back and pushing the ball to someone behind him. He did not take chances with the quick 1s and 2s with Molino. Hyland does that better than Muckette.

FG took advantage of the wing backs. I believe Peters had some difficulty handling the FG player. He filled in for Hodge if I'm correct.

Also we need a player who can hold the ball up. Molino is good at doing that. But we relying on him too much for that. That is why we had to do them long ball over the defense.

Like what you said though, we overcame a lot of adversity. Is now that a sober mind can see that.

One thing I will say, If our second goal was counted, I think we would have won the game easier. It's interesting how a 2 goal lead can kill a teams belief. Depending on the opposition, a 2 goal lead can be deadly for the wrong reason.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2021, 02:08:57 PM »
gawd on pitchI wasn't aware that we were missing so many starters,that being the case, we should be able to put up a better show when we have those missing players.I also share your sentiments about Muckette.I still feel Kerron Cummins can be useful for us,hopefully Eve will see the same things that we saw and try to put them right.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2021, 02:54:39 PM »
WATCH: Post-match comments from Interim Head Coach Angus Eve after Trinidad and Tobago's 8-7 win on penalties over French Guiana.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bc2jOqMVwe8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bc2jOqMVwe8</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2021, 03:34:47 PM »
gawd on pitchI wasn't aware that we were missing so many starters,that being the case, we should be able to put up a better show when we have those missing players.I also share your sentiments about Muckette.I still feel Kerron Cummins can be useful for us,hopefully Eve will see the same things that we saw and try to put them right.

Cummings..
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2021, 03:35:10 PM »
I thought Reon Moore is an excellent player.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2021, 04:17:38 PM »
Muckette is a great player (wow, smh) You guys not easy... I don't agree with the change by substituting Hyland for Muckette. Muckette is not a defensive midfielder. plz look at the game again 

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs French Guiana (06-Jul-2021)
« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2021, 05:16:24 PM »
if he was available I would try Bateau for Hyland in CDM he have real B2B qualities
I pity the fool....

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 07, 2021, 06:47:46 PM »
Muckette is a great player (wow, smh) You guys not easy... I don't agree with the change by substituting Hyland for Muckette. Muckette is not a defensive midfielder. plz look at the game again 

Yeah, not like for like, muckette remind me of riquelme...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2021, 11:30:57 AM »
WATCH: Alvin Jones said the fightback against French Guiana was for the country as Trinidad and Tobago sealed qualification for the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1SyjAzeBfRc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1SyjAzeBfRc</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2021, 11:59:45 AM »
WATCH: Curtis Gonzales reflects on his game winning penalty against French Guiana which sealed Trinidad and Tobago's qualification for the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_pDueJMB2uk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_pDueJMB2uk</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2021, 09:00:15 PM »
Brotherhood of Warriors: Gonzales, Jones recall how T&T dug deep
T&T Express

DEFENCE FORCE defender Curtis Gonzales believes that a true brotherhood is developing among the Soca Warriors.

Having seen one miss from 15 previous efforts, Gonzales volunteered to face the pressure of taking Trinidad and Tobago’s final spot kick, the one that qualified the team for the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

There was never a danger, as Gonzales sent French Guiana’s custodian Simon Lugier the wrong way to give the Soca Warriors a spot in the Gold Cup group stage with a 8-7 penalty kicks victory against very competitive opponents, following a 1-1 draw over 90 minutes. Gonzales, a second half substitute, explained the inspiration that led to him taking the weight of a country on his shoulders for the vital spot kick.

“When I came onto the field, I saw the fight in my brothers’ eyes,” Gonzales said. “I felt it in my heart that I owed this penalty to my country.”

Gonzales, 32, has played for most of his career with Defence Force at right-back, centre-back and occasionally at defensive midfield.

Without cementing a regular place over the years, Gonzales still has 39 national caps, having made his debut in 2012 and has played World Cup qualifiers away to Mexico when Dennis Lawrence used him at defensive midfield and even as a centre back against Costa Rica. Known as “Boyo,” Gonzales believes there is a strong brotherhood growing among the Warriors.

“I must give kudos to the guys for the camaraderie we have right now,” he said. “And I think that brotherhood we have right now going forward can go us great.

“Each and every one of us were on the same (page),” Gonzales said of the fight shown by T&T in the face of adversity caused by key injuries and an increasingly emboldened French Guiana team filed with France-based professionals.

Like Gonzales, Alvin Jones contributed by scoring via the penalty spot and also had a shot which come off the post that led to the opener for Kevin Molino. He too appreciated the resilience of his team-mates.

“I think the guys played their heart out, their heart and soul,” said Jones, who could be seen urging on his teammates during in the game. He said that the Warriors were fatigued in the final 20 minutes having played just four days earlier, with most having played little or no football since March 2020.

“Trinidad football is dying for greatness,” said Jones. “We realised during the game that our legs are gone and we just went in a low block and defended our lives out.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2021, 01:06:27 PM »
Molino, Frenderup, David, and Telfer named to Concacaf Gold Cup Prelims Best XI
Concacaf.com

The 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup Prelims are in the books and there were a number of standout individual performances. Here is the Best XI from the First and Second Rounds of the Prelims.

GK Nicklas Frenderup, Trinidad and Tobago – Frenderup allowed just two goals over the two matches and was the hero for the Soca Warriors in their 8-7 penalty shootout win over French Guiana by stopping the decisive penalty that sent Trinidad and Tobago to the group stage.

DF Ronan Hauterville, Guadeloupe – The captain of Les Gwada Boys completed 16 passes against Guatemala and helped keep the high-scoring Chapines at bay. Calmly converted his penalty in Guadeloupe’s 10-9 penalty shootout win.

DF Gerardo Gordillo, Guatemala – The veteran Gordillo completed 91 percent of his passes against Guadeloupe and had a steal in the 4-0 win over Guyana.

DF Aubrey David, Trinidad and Tobago – Suffering a cut that required nine stiches against Montserrat, David pressed on and delivered a top performance against French Guiana, completing 33 passes.

MF Ryan Telfer, Trinidad and Tobago – Telfer was a stable presence for Trinidad and Tobago, completing 67 percent of his passes against French Guiana and scoring versus Montserrat.

MF Derrick Etienne Jr., Haiti – Always a threat on the wings, Etienne was a creative force going forward for Les Grenadiers in both wins and had a goal for himself in the 6-1 win over Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.

MF Kevin Molino, Trinidad and Tobago – Molino was the centerpiece of the Trinidad and Tobago attack, scoring a goal in each game and also converting his penalty in the shootout victory over French Guiana.

MF Matthias Phaeton, Guadeloupe – Phaeton was the biggest threat for Guadeloupe and scored a goal in the 2-0 win versus Bahamas, followed by the opener against Guatemala.

FW Frantzdy Pierrot, Haiti – Pierrot was superb for Haiti, scoring a goal in the 6-1 win against Vincy Heat and then a hat trick in just 12 minutes against Bermuda.

FW Duckens Nazon, Haiti – Nazon was right behind his countryman Pierrot in goalscoring exploits, with a pair against Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and a goal against Bermuda. Also helped set up a Pierrot goal against the Gombey Warriors.

FW Nahki Wells, Bermuda – Bermuda may have fallen short of the group stage, but Wells was excellent with a hat trick in the 8-1 win against Barbados and the lone Bermuda goal versus Haiti. Made history by scoring the fastest Gold Cup goal when he tallied 17 seconds into the match against Barbados.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2021, 02:59:43 PM »
WATCH: SportsMax's Mariah Ramharack speaks with Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Neveal Hackshaw about the team's journey to the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bV2nfMovZ80" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bV2nfMovZ80</a>

1]; } ?>