March 28, 2024, 09:28:08 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Guatemala (18-Jul-2021)  (Read 9231 times)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Guatemala (18-Jul-2021)
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2021, 09:56:06 PM »
I really don't understand this kinda play when we needed to just go for it.......Eve have me perplexed with his decisions in these two games doh make no sense

Risk Aversion at every level, great comfort with the status quo.

Guatemala took the risk of brining on very young players...Eve now trying to mimic by brining on Lee

« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 09:57:49 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2021, 09:56:28 PM »
We playing a lot of backward passes right now.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2021, 09:58:02 PM »
d constant needless back passes annoying
I pity the fool....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2021, 10:00:04 PM »
Too bad that free kick didn't go in.
Well done Alvin Jones.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 10:01:56 PM by Peong »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2021, 10:03:25 PM »

d constant needless back passes annoying

We playing a lot of backward passes right now.

We've probably played about 7 to 8 minutes worth of negative passes out of the 90 minutes.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 10:05:55 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2021, 10:05:44 PM »
Eve remind a lot of Mou of recent vintage, too much needless caution sinking we 
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2021, 10:07:02 PM »
Eve remind a lot of Mou too much needless caution sink we 

Lately allyuh gehhin real disrespectful with Jose. :P

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2021, 10:08:11 PM »
Verdict?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2021, 10:12:34 PM »
Eve remind a lot of Mou too much needless caution sink we 

Lately allyuh gehhin real disrespectful with Jose. :P

His second spell as Chelsea manager was infuriating for me, even during d title winning season, needless pragmatism, dat is why he cyah make at clubs with attack in dey DNA
I pity the fool....

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2021, 10:21:21 PM »
Eve has to be more decisive and tactically ruthless especially when making substitutions. And why not select Poon-Angeron who played consistently well to plan in his debut games? Instead he have some young players who playing like out-of-place journeymen in this midfield. They couldn't exert control or move the play upfield. Trini coaches only seem to know who could run fast or kick hard in training.

I know eve needs time and is new to this level but even a blind man could see changes needed to be made as they just walked right thru our midfield.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2021, 10:22:33 PM »
Verdict?

yuh could tell dat he trying for solid defense, but we attack too one note, dumping to d target man or running d wingers in behind, no attempt to play through the middle, no decoy runs to draw defenders from d midfielders, no creativity from d mids either, and no courage, d amount ah time we turn back play was unnecessary
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 10:27:18 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2021, 10:25:13 PM »
 Its so easy to be critical than to be correct-  I putting this to rest as  expectations were close to what was expected given the turmoil , the preparation and the availability of players, I think the team availed itself well. I am encouraged by the  progression on the youthful and primarily local  flavor. We are short in some attacking players and  in  being assertive and stronger on the ball but with these youths those things will come.
All the best Warriors- I like how allyuh hold allyuh own. Is not like we got blown out. El Sav is the only team that give we little headache.
 Doh sweat we coming back stronger. Eve ah know you eh getting ' the kinda  dough that 'Pull stones ' partner getting but yuh hung in there and  kept the team morale up. Experience  at this level is  all good . You deserve some time to build on what you have going here.
 All the best to all Warriors and fans- I gone till next time.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2021, 10:29:58 PM »
Its so easy to be critical than to be correct-  I putting this to rest as  expectations were close to what was expected given the turmoil , the preparation and the availability of players, I think the team availed itself well. I am encouraged by the  progression on the youthful and primarily local  flavor. We are short in some attacking players and  in  being assertive and stronger on the ball but with these youths those things will come.
All the best Warriors- I like how allyuh hold allyuh own. Is not like we got blown out. El Sav is the only team that give we little headache.
 Doh sweat we coming back stronger. Eve ah know you eh getting ' the kinda  dough that 'Pull stones ' partner getting but yuh hung in there and  kept the team morale up. Experience  at this level is  all good . You deserve some time to build on what you have going here.

There's a long stretch between now and August 31.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2021, 10:34:05 PM »
We let 5 points evaporate during the tournament. 5 points would have won the group.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2021, 10:41:59 PM »
We let 5 points evaporate during the tournament. 5 points would have won the group.

Young team young team- these are growing pains
I hope in a year or so  that narrative will change

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2021, 10:47:37 PM »
I just wish to say despite all the turmoil, the stoppages and and the lack of football being played or lack thereof,   I have to commend our team for performing creditably . Hopefully all the stakeholders get on board to  lend the necessary support that is so vitally needed in order to push ahead with our football development . Proud of the effort  given by team ! Now the homework begins ! 

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2021, 11:14:23 PM »
OK, to all the fenwick haters let me see your gloves. i can't imagine terry doing any worst than this. you needed to win a game but started with 6 defenders and two laborer midfielders in attack, the only bright spot in this game was reon moore and marcus joseph. had telfer molino and mukette started instead of arcia, fortune and jessee williams we would have won this game handsomely.

in any case i concede to the will of the pontificators and the xenophobes who love to see local talent on display, but the only thing they keep forgetting is that local coaches are raving egomaniacs who are known for making terrible decisions and continue to follow through despite the many objection, thus falling on their own sword due to their stubborness.

i'm so glad that this little experiment is over, now we know for sure that angus can't cut it at this level, lets get back to the drawing board and get some football development going and try to fix this slow league in order to compete on a higher level. thank you angus but no thank you. 

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2021, 11:36:05 PM »
Eve has to be more decisive and tactically ruthless especially when making substitutions. And why not select Poon-Angeron who played consistently well to plan in his debut games? Instead he have some young players who playing like out-of-place journeymen in this midfield. They couldn't exert control or move the play upfield. Trini coaches only seem to know who could run fast or kick hard in training.

I know eve needs time and is new to this level but even a blind man could see changes needed to be made as they just walked right thru our midfield.
bro, isn't it ironic that we suffered the same fate with latapy, burtile and dennis lawrence? bertile who ignored players like whitley and dwarika and it took a dutch man to give whitley a chance to show his talents. latapy ignored a bunch of players who was playing on a higher level like kendel jageosingh, julius james and scot sealey, yet it took a german to acknowledge molino and hnor him by saying that molino and jagdeosign had million dollar legs and could play in any league.

dennis ignored hackshaw, ryan telfer, noah powder, fenderup and greg ranjitsingh, yet oit took fenwick to bring frenderup to the forfront together with hackshaw, mate i'm telling you that these local coaches are terrible for our football, they seem to like what they like and ignore all the rest.

now tell me how is hashim arcia any better than poon angeron, in fact how is isiah lee , andre fortune and jesse williams better than poon? i just can't see it. and he had the chance to put poon back in the team when hyland and judah were injured but refused too and instead went and got two defenders to replace two midfielders.

in the end i'm thankful we loss, now i want the xenophobes like andre baptiste, ken butcher and clayton morris to call for angue eve's head like they called for terry's, i could bet the whole treasury that they won't, they'll stay quiet and hope that no one notices and hope that it's swept under the rug. stay tuned.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2021, 11:49:29 PM »
Rubbish, you are a shameless troll. angus played 5 games won a decisive game drew three and lost one, he was under the same set of circumstances as fenwick due to injury and inavailability, in fact he had molino, hodges, reon moore and frenderup who missed the last two games, yet of the 5 games, fenwick lost a friendly to the usa, won two games and drew two but was dismissed.

terry had to deal with the same set of circumstances due to covid and all the other difficulties surrounding it, so no excuses, just be a man and accept that eve isn't ready for this level. and parking the bus against mexico is no great feat, it would have been better to lose to them and turn around and won the other two games. i call that a wasted effort. i say no to angus as well.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2021, 11:52:02 PM »
Rubbish, you are a shameless troll. angus played 5 games won a decisive game drew three and lost one, he was under the same set of circumstances as fenwick due to injury and inavailability, in fact he had molino, hodges, reon moore and frenderup who missed the last two games, yet of the 5 games, fenwick lost a friendly to the usa, won two games and drew two but was dismissed.

terry had to deal with the same set of circumstances due to covid and all the other difficulties surrounding it, so no excuses, just be a man and accept that eve isn't ready for this level. and parking the bus against mexico is no great feat, it would have been better to lose to them and turn around and won the other two games. i call that a wasted effort. i say no to angus as well.
Actually I go back to the old board and have been around for awhile
Why do t you just go hang out with your buddy and pull stones

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2021, 12:05:49 AM »

young team?? surely you jest. hashim arcia 32, molino 31, mikel williams 30, aubrey david 30, ryan telfer 27, marcus joseph 30, marvin phillip 36, khaleem hyland 31, abu bakar 34, alvin jones 27,  jelani peters 27, duane muckette 26 and triston hodge 26, so what young team are you talking about? terry had an even younger team with the like of michel poon angeron, danial phillip, judah garcia, sean bonval and gary griffith the third. and you're a very disingenuous man, i'm sure there's a lot of xenophobia behind those sentiments of yours.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2021, 12:09:54 AM »

Actually I go back to the old board and have been around for awhile
Why do t you just go hang out with your buddy and pull stones
very limited response from an equally limited man, so i'm not surprised in the least, TBH i didn't expect anything better quite frankly, and you didn't disappoint either. bravo.

PS, don't bother to respond i'm logging off. night night lonely man.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 12:13:18 AM by pull stones »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2021, 04:37:03 AM »
Relevant stats

Corners (11 for Guatemala ... 7 for T&T)
Shots (16 vs 7)
SOG ( 3 vs 4)
Possession (52% vs 48%)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2021, 04:52:19 AM »

this team is young ?  most of those guys are over 30
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2021, 05:32:05 AM »

bro, isn't it ironic that we suffered the same fate with latapy, burtile and dennis lawrence? bertile who ignored players like whitley and dwarika and it took a dutch man to give whitley a chance to show his talents. latapy ignored a bunch of players who was playing on a higher level like kendel jageosingh, julius james and scot sealey, yet it took a german to acknowledge molino and hnor him by saying that molino and jagdeosign had million dollar legs and could play in any league.

dennis ignored hackshaw, ryan telfer, noah powder, fenderup and greg ranjitsingh, yet oit took fenwick to bring frenderup to the forfront together with hackshaw, mate i'm telling you that these local coaches are terrible for our football, they seem to like what they like and ignore all the rest.

now tell me how is hashim arcia any better than poon angeron, in fact how is isiah lee , andre fortune and jesse williams better than poon? i just can't see it. and he had the chance to put poon back in the team when hyland and judah were injured but refused too and instead went and got two defenders to replace two midfielders.

in the end i'm thankful we loss, now i want the xenophobes like andre baptiste, ken butcher and clayton morris to call for angue eve's head like they called for terry's, i could bet the whole treasury that they won't, they'll stay quiet and hope that no one notices and hope that it's swept under the rug. stay tuned.

No poon but jesse williams is playing his position and  williams  is a defender .not a mid..
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 05:40:44 AM by Trini _2022 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2021, 05:35:48 AM »

this is not no young team allyuh talking the usual give me an excuse shit after another disappointed tournament exit

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2021, 05:43:54 AM »
Get the U19 and U20. Local and foreign born who have the guts to deal with TT.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2021, 05:45:59 AM »
If you all notice one thing about angus he  always change about 6 to seven players every game ... even at olympic level... imagine lee  never even got a run

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2021, 07:33:18 AM »
Having looked at Panama vs Honduras and the speed and movement . I looked at the first half and saw the backward passes and the slow pace except for the goal . Then no Molino , Muskeete, Ryan.
 It was just the thought that I would not be seeing my beloved team for a long time in a competitive tournament that had me tuned in. Eve Tried but not ready for this level. Financially it may make sense to keep  him but we are back to the same narrative - Hire a foreign coach near Competition time.
 The more things change the more they remain the same.

1]; } ?>