March 28, 2024, 09:07:49 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs El Salvador (14-Jul-2021)  (Read 9399 times)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs El Salvador (14-Jul-2021)
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2021, 12:09:51 AM »
as soon as i saw tristin hoges got that yellow and five minutes later stretchered off, i knew right there and then that luck was against us. those two goals that el sal scored were spirit goals, the first one frenderup was too far off his line and the second goal was due to laziness, i saw hackchaw aubrey david and mikel williams all standing up and ball watching on the second goal, they didn't even made an effort to cover the unmarked man who scored, and this is never ever seen at tis level especially with the top teams in concacaf, they don't ever give up easy goals like that.

to sum it up, those guys were tired and they met a well prepared team who taught them a lesson so just congratulate the players and know that we were beaten by a better team, yes and i'll say it again, we were beaten by a better team.

something else that really bothered me with eve is that he chased off poon angeron to bring in players like arcia and fortune, when these guys offers nothing going forward, they don't score and they dont assist, in any way, in fact they struggle tremendously both on offense and defense, how is dre fortune any better than danial phillip or arcia than angeron? IMO mikel williams was pure shite and should not even been in the team as a reserve. anyway thank God this little interim coaching experiment is over.

as for the guys who got the opportunity to shine like reon moore, he has speed and some good skill, but is very unpolished and at this level he will struggle tremendously, he needs to work very hard on his ball handling skills and needs to think better on his feet, but no doubt about it he's a good find, maybe he can earn a contract in the mls or usl to be given a chance to develop properly. don't be sad guys it's all part of tournament football....ypu can't win em all, at the end of the day we got to see our team play, but these lads have very little quality and needs to play consistently on a higher level in order to compete well in concacaf. tough luck warriors.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2021, 12:23:52 AM »
i'm very puzzled as to why you take off telfer in a must win game losing 1 nil to bring on hashim arcia, does that even make any sense? arcia IMO is even more worthless than willis plaza. it's quite clear that this bloke is out of his league at this level and offers nothing going forward, how is he even better than danial phillip who played all season long with watford?

another one that mas me scratching my head is that you leave MIKEL WILLIAMS ON THE PITCH WHO WAS OBVIOUSLY HAVING A MIGHTMARE OF A GAME, he was turning over the ball quite frequently and stifling the offence every time we had something going forward, and was glaringly obvious that he was toasted. this was angus' game to win but he blew it with his tactics.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2021, 12:28:46 AM »
Hey look- given all the circumstances - you hung in there -  could have been 1-1 Or a 0-1 loss

With the way this team is progressing  we may run out of games to getting to our peek.
Goals were soft but this is all learnings here-hold yuh heads up Warriors. The sample size to judge is really small.- four games.
2 W
1 Draw
1 loss

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2021, 12:38:12 AM »
Hey look- given all the circumstances - you hung in there -  could have been 1-1 Or a 0-1 loss

With the way this team is progressing  we may run out of games to getting to our peek.
Goals were soft but this is all learnings here-hold yuh heads up Warriors. The sample size to judge is really small.- four games.
2 W
1 Draw
1 loss
learning mate? nah we were at this way to long for this to be a learning experience. what this is actually telling us is that all these nations in concacaf is getting it together with the exception of trinidad and tobago and before you know it even peurto rico and dominican rep would be passing us by to join the central americans  in the upper ranks.

what we need to do is get to working on a plan to fix that turtle league and build some home grown academies before we are totally left behind. forget these tournaments for now, our main focus should be spend on sending coaches away to study and finding a marketing strategy to make the league lucrative and elevating the level of our play. when we start focusing on building then winning will come naturally, but it's tyime to fix football in TT, the writing is on the wall for all those who have sense to see it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 12:47:30 AM by pull stones »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2021, 12:39:01 AM »
Fighting Warriors tamed 2-0 by El Salvador.
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian).

Despite a battling performance in their second Group A match of the CONCACAF Gold Cup at the Toyota Stadium in Texas on Wednesday night, the T&T Soca Warriors went down 2-0 to the in-form El Salvador and faces not qualifying to the next round of the tournament with one more match to go.

With the result, the Warriors, with just a point from their opening match against Mexico on Saturday, will have to beat Guatemala when the teams meet on Sunday, and hope that the Mexicans lose against El Salvador.

The mathematics in the group show that the El Salvadorians are through to the next round with six points, while Mexico were expected to move to four points in second position in the group, if they triumph over Guatemala, also on Wednesday night.

A defeat for Mexico and a win for T&T in their final matches on Sunday will leave both teams on four points, meaning goal difference will decide on who the second other team to advance from the group will be. Guatemala, on the other hand would only reach three points following losses in their first two matches against El Salvador and now Mexico.

All that, however, could change if Guatemala were able to defeat Mexico.

On Wednesday night, national coach Angus Eve opted to make more than five changes to the team that played against Mexico, as he went after maximum points in the encounter, but El Salvador took early control, particularly in the midfield which masterminded the possession game they enjoyed for most of the evening. And from it came chances aplenty.

T&T too enjoyed periods of little possession in attack but it was the defence that was kept busy all night. In the 26th minute, goalkeeper Nicklas Frenderup spoiled early celebrations for the Central Americans as Jairo Henriquez was set loose on the right side and his centre was met sweetly with a one-time effort from inside the area, but somehow Frenderup, though positioned behind at least two defenders, still saw it quick enough to push it wide.

Frenderup’s troubles were far from over, as the El Salvadorians mounted another sweeping attack down the right flank. But this time they stringed one to Henriquez on top the area. The talented Henriquez first turned skilfully to avoid a challenge of Neveal Hackshaw, and with a slim sight at goal he hit hard and low, beyond the grasp of the T&T custodian for a 1-0 advantage.

T&T sought to settle thereafter by stringing more than five passes together in a display of growing confidence. However, defender Alvin Jones in a period lapse in concentration, gifted the ball to Henriquez in the 46th minute, and it was Frenderup’s acrobatics between the post that prevented the Central Americans from going to the half time interval with a 2-0 lead.

Thereafter, Eve sought to intensify his attack for the equaliser, bringing in striker Marcus Joseph for midfielder Duane Muckette. And it almost reaped dividends in the 66th minute when a speedy Reon Moore stormed down the left flank and his centre found Joseph, who was put off by the onrushing Mario Gonzalez in the El Salvador, to deflect Joseph’s effort against the crossbar before it went to safety.

Later, Moore in the 70th minute got a sight on goal from out wide right, and his thunderous drive from some 30 yards out, was pushed wide by Gonzalez.

El Salvador, for the first time was pegged back from the battling Warriors, who were seeing the writing on the wall. But their fight was all in vain when El Salvador sealed the win in the 90th minute.

From another right-side build-up substitute Amando Moreno unleashed a powerful grounder that eased through the grasp of Frenderup and on to the upright and Walmer Martinez swooped in to fire in the loose ball for the 2-0 victory.

(Teams)

Trinidad and Tobago (5-3-2): 21.Nicklas Frenderup (GK); 16.Alvin Jones, 2.Aubrey David, 8.Mekeil Williams, 4.Jelani Peters (13.Reon Moore 46), 18.Triston Hodge (14.Andre Fortune II 16); 20.Duane Muckette (9.Marcus Joseph 46), 15.Neveal Hackshaw, 11.Noah Powder; 7.Ryan Telfer (3.Hashim Arcia 76), 10.Kevin Molino (captain).

Unused substitutes: 1.Marvin Phillip (GK), 22.Adrian Foncette (GK), 5.Curtis Gonzales, 6.Radanfah Abu Bakr, 12.Isaiah Lee, 17.Justin Garcia, 19.Ross Russell Jr, 23.Jesse Williams.

Coach: Angus Eve

El Salvador (4-1-4-1): 1.Mario Gonzales (GK), 21.Bryan Tamacas (9.Walmer Martinez 88), 4.Eriq Zavaleta, 5.Ronald Gomez, 13.Alexander Larin; 6.Narcisco Orellana; 8.Joshua Perez (11.Juan Portillo 59), 12.Marvin Monterroza (captain) (10.Amando Moreno 59), 7.Darwin Ceren (20.Isaac Portillo 83), 17.Jairo Henriquez (15.Alexander Roldan 68), 14.Joaquin Rivas (23.Marvin Marquez 82).

Unused substitutes: 18.Oscar Pleitez (GK), 22.Kevin Carabantes (GK), 2.Julio Sibrian, 3.Roberto Dominguez, 19.Alexis Montes.

Coach: Hugo Perez

Watch Highlights: Trinidad Tobago 0-2 El Salvador - Gold Cup 2021

Concacaf Gold Cup Group A Results

(14 July)

Trinidad and Tobago 0, El Salvador 2 (Jairo Henriquez 30, Walmer Martinez 90) at Toyota Stadium, Frisco;

Guatemala 0, Mexico 3 (Rogelio Funes Mori 29, 55, Orbelin Pineda 79) at Cotton Bowl, Dallas.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2021, 02:30:40 AM »
O Trinidad,you are poor,very poor.Jamaicans say we talk too much maybe they are right.You Trinidad bring tears to people's eyes,we support you on the grounds of yesteryear,no more I am done with that.I hope all the other facets of life is not so miserable and unhappy for people.I make this as my last post.Mark the date...14-07-21.Not another post. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2021, 04:21:55 AM »

https://youtu.be/KL9qp0FNEzU

Add: Travel well my school mate, my Brother, my friend. I won’t forget our chats.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 04:49:27 AM by maxg »

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2021, 04:51:48 AM »
O Trinidad,you are poor,very poor.Jamaicans say we talk too much maybe they are right.You Trinidad bring tears to people's eyes,we support you on the grounds of yesteryear,no more I am done with that.I hope all the other facets of life is not so miserable and unhappy for people.I make this as my last post.Mark the date...14-07-21.Not another post. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
[/quote] yuh talking chit frico ! Soon enough yuh go be back to post again . This arena too sweet to leave  :D

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2021, 06:09:28 AM »
Ah the elsalvador coach gave us no credit on the game against mexico
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2021, 07:35:54 AM »
WATCH: Extended Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago's 2-0 loss to El Salvador.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XbsUURYbdr4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XbsUURYbdr4</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2021, 08:01:25 AM »

I've always said the quality of competition between Caribbean and Central Americans teams is a very wide gap. Beating up French Guiana and Montserrat means nothing when its time to face Central American teams.

See the poor offensive strategy that you can still win against most Caribbean teams because they are just simply worse will NOT work against Central American teams. Every coach for T&T has to understand this, therefore you cannot use Caribbean opposition as any measuring stick when time to face other Concacaf team

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2021, 08:05:01 AM »
I notice last night when we try to play it out the back we don't don't look comfortable and a few times the touch from the midfielder coming back was bad, or he had no good angles, or didn't see the angles available and we end up losing the ball on the play. Other times the mid end up passing back to the defender who has to voop the ball to the forwards because there is no viable ground pass
We want to do the modern way of passing it from the back but we were not set up well to do it.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2021, 08:14:41 AM »
We need some one in the midfield to take the ball and move it forward with Speed . I thought Muckette was the player who can do that but he was invisible in that game. We played better in the second half with Joseph up front . Too little too late.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2021, 08:17:36 AM »
What is the verdict about Angus Eve. Is he to continue to be part of the rebuilding process?
 I guess the economic factor will determine the way Forward.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2021, 09:01:27 AM »
The proposition we set out with at the start of the match was inappropriate for THIS match. It was an exercise in poor decision-making, all things considered. I wanted to hear Angus' comments on the post-match before rendering a verdict (although I had already formed one) and I didn't find anything he said to be mitigating.

An objective assessment of the tactical posture chosen should point to it being a factor that works against him. I won't say that it is totally disqualifying, but what was proposed was a stellar misreading of the moment, the opportunity and of the opponent.

This match should have been (and was) an easier match to prepare for than the Mexico match and the product delivered did not meet that reality. This was the match on which Angus could have cemented his reputation across CONCACAF and I think he fell short of that as a comprehensive proposition, although he remains respected in the sub-region.

The deficiencies of the match did not merely lie in gifting two goals (per comments attributed to him post-match). There was a fundamental structural problem regarding how the match was framed. And, philosophically, the idea of restoring the faith of the fan base in national football, via the means proposed, was at odds with product quality.

In facing Guatemala, the team is now back to essentially repeating the academic exercise that recently took place versus St. Kitts Nevis ---- barring a monumental adjustment of the historical record between El Salvador and Mexico.

It is left to be seen how much motivation there is in the Salvadoran camp to make the Mexico- El Salvador match another November 6, 1981 (Mexico's version of our November 19, 1989).
I've heard there is motivation. I hope so because I want Angus to right this wrong. To demonstrate that he has absorbed the error. To be successful.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 09:09:23 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2021, 09:09:25 AM »
All eyes on Eve for the last game. Playing the bottom team should enable him to line up in his preferred formation. Let's see what happens. I could do with a win right about now.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2021, 01:29:16 PM »
asylumseeker - You are quite a wordsmith. Very Philosophical and words of wisdom.  I like the line that reads philosophically . the idea of restoring the  faith of the fan base in national football via the means proposed was at odds with product quality , was a gem. I liked the fight and passion of the second half that gives me hope for the future. My Question still remains is Angus the man to change our fortunes.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2021, 01:37:01 PM »
Is he the man for the job? We are running out of matches to know for sure. Only one left and the findings are inconclusive at best. He could be.

It is why a few weeks ago, in response to a question posed by Anbrat, I suggested that there could be a renewed interim period.

A word of caution to the NC:

Do NOT commit to engaging the Interim Head Coach on a full-time basis based exclusively on performance/qualification/ tournament progress/ other similar configuration.
On what basis should the Interim Head Coach be engaged?

I'll respond in possibly two parts. One here and the other, if necessary, separately.

The range of requisites and considerations for fulfilling the interim role are exceeded by the range of requisites and considerations for the longer-term position. Progression through the tournament should be a discussion starter, rather than constitute securing of the longer term role. 

Substantive response

The first concern is a durational concern: what period should the interim appointment span. Tied to this is defining the precise objective of the interim appointment and the precise benefit sought.

Proposition 1: The interim period should be narrowly construed and construed as narrowly as pragmatic.

The Gold Cup Preliminary Tournament spans July 2 - July 6. The Gold Cup runs from July 10 - August 1. The absence of an appropriate transitional period between July 6 and July 10 suggests that the interim period should contemplate the Preliminary Tournament and the Gold Cup.

If qualification for the GC does not occur, the start of the identification process for a permanent NT coach would and should be triggered on either July 2 or July 6. If GC qualification occurs, the date on which the longer-term identification process is triggered is dependent on the date of GC exit.

Proposition 2: During the interim period, the selection committee should be engaged in orienting itself with alternative candidates for the FT role. It is not necessary that the interim coach have an interest in the longer-term position or be considered for the longer-term role. Indeed that parameter must be defined, either positively or negatively at the outset. It has to be clear. Regardless, that parallel process should be engaged in as a contingency.

The NT appointment is a multiyear assignment and project, of which we can be beneficiaries due to our early elimination. We are 1.5 years away from the start of the Qatar WC and 3.5 years before the 2026 cycle. That's better than borrowed time.

Proposition 3: The larger quantum of that time we use sensibly the better (tied to Proposition 2).

The GC tournament is a solitary event similar in format to the actual WC and demands many of the management challenges tied to a WC. As such, it is a reasonable template for observation of decision-making. However, the focus of the hire should be on a candidate who can progress the competencies and sophistication of the team in keeping with the modern evolution of the game. That is, beyond results, the hire is charged with transformation. If the hire is not a transformative hire, we would be squandering borrowed time. Ground floor transformation. Transformation of culture. Root and branch transformation.

Twinning continuity in the gig merely on the basis of progression through the tournament would be short-sighted because that would ignore some critical dimensions of the job not implicated during the tournament and ignore concerns that ought not be ignored within the dysfunction of the present football ecosystem.

The FIFA windows for 2021 are August 30-September 8 and October 4-October 13.

Proposition 4: The assignment of the longer-term role should commence during the first of these windows. 

That is an on balance call, a question of interpretation and the subject of cost-benefit analysis.

The alternative assignment of the longer-term role would be the January 2022 window. In which event, there could be more than one interim appointment. That may seem inefficient or counterintuitive, but it yields a prospective benefit. However, as a caveat, in terms of timing, it should be considered that mid-year assignments tend to limit the pool of best qualified candidates. That stated, timing is not an insurmountable hurdle if the identification of the eventual candidate is targeted strategically.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 01:45:39 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2021, 03:06:40 PM »
D ting is we looked capable when we abandoned dat ultra defensive shluck and went after the game, my feeling is we should have gone for it early and close up early if we had manage to earn ourselves a couple goals and wanted or needed to close up, if fitness was ah concern....but we were left chasing ah game with considerably less gas in d tank because containment measures does burn gas too,

we looked more competent when we tried to actually play, second goal notwithstanding, which might have been mooted had our approach been braver from d look of tings.....it altogether very vexing
I pity the fool....

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2021, 03:13:22 PM »

what we need to do is get to working on a plan to fix that turtle league and build some home grown academies before we are totally left behind. forget these tournaments for now, our main focus should be spend on sending coaches away to study and finding a marketing strategy to make the league lucrative and elevating the level of our play. when we start focusing on building then winning will come naturally, but it's tyime to fix football in TT, the writing is on the wall for all those who have sense to see it.

There is a truth we are willfully refusing to face. While we will do ok in the occasional tournament, without substantive change T&T football will keep slowly declining relative to CONCACAF peers  A good NT coach or the rare quality player will only conceal the need for change, thereby making the situation worse.

As far as football is concerned we have a subtle but deeply-held belief we are ‘special/magically endowded because of past achievements. Most concerning is the pervasive belief that we can conjure this ‘specialness out of thin air to aid in victory. It’s laziness and unwillingness to face reality. Like drunk old men babbling on in a rum shop about how good they USED to be. Loud bravado is fueled by silent fear of the future.

IMHO, right now, today, the element that is most separates us from our CFU and Central American peers is razor thin. It’s  aversion to risk. Everyone has ideas on what remedial action should be taken. But no one wants to take the risk, or support/invest in those who do.  To paraphrase, everyone wants to dine on prime-rib football, but no one wants to slaughter the cow.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2021, 03:23:03 PM »
WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago vs El Salvador post-match press conference with Interim Head Coach Angus Eve, midfielder Neveal Hackshaw, and defender Aubrey David.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1dX8lBX2F9Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1dX8lBX2F9Q</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2021, 03:24:16 PM »

There is a truth we are willfully refusing to face. While we will do ok in the occasional tournament, without substantive change T&T football will keep slowly declining relative to CONCACAF peers  A good NT coach or the rare quality player will only conceal the need for change, thereby making the situation worse.

As far as football is concerned we have a subtle but deeply-held belief we are ‘special/magically endowded because of past achievements. Most concerning is the pervasive belief that we can conjure this ‘specialness out of thin air to aid in victory. It’s laziness and unwillingness to face reality. Like drunk old men babbling on in a rum shop about how good they USED to be. Loud bravado is fueled by silent fear of the future.

IMHO, right now, today, the element that is most separates us from our CFU and Central American peers is razor thin. It’s  aversion to risk. Everyone has ideas on what remedial action should be taken. But no one wants to take the risk, or support/invest in those who do.  To paraphrase, everyone wants to dine on prime-rib football, but no one wants to slaughter the cow.

Applies perfectly to the match vs El Salvador. Little to no enterprise, no reward.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2021, 04:26:23 PM »
WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago Interim Head Coach Angus Eve speaks with local media after Trinidad and Tobago's 2-0 loss to El Salvador.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8crQwz94gA0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8crQwz94gA0</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2021, 04:29:51 PM »
yuh talking chit frico ! Soon enough yuh go be back to post again . This arena too sweet to leave  :D
[/quote]

Frico, how you mean we does talk to too much? Among ourselves, yes we do. And what Jamaica have to do with this. They are a different breed of Caribbean people from the diaspora. Them does boast and talk about their country win lose or draw. Gimme a break with that. if this team come out with one point, I go be disappointed, but I will take. Seeing all the shit they have been thru. and giving the best at this point in time. This is not a very talented team. We know that. They made bread out of stone with Mexico. Last night they failed. They just not ready at this moment. Just accept that fact.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2021, 05:33:53 PM »
Nicklas Frenderup: We are disappointed but not dispirited. #GoldCup21 #SocaWarriors

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CxuVchui6xY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CxuVchui6xY</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2021, 12:14:48 AM »
to sum it up, those guys were tired and they met a well prepared team who taught them a lesson so just congratulate the players and know that we were beaten by a better team, yes and i'll say it again, we were beaten by a better team.

Could not have said it any better. Had we started the game as we played in the first part of the 2nd half I would have been thrilled. But these guys are not there. I don't know when they will get there. If the new TTFA/NC does not come up with resources to help Eve or any future coach, I don't see them getting there.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 12:41:33 AM by Deeks »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2021, 12:24:53 AM »
Nicklas Frenderup: We are disappointed but not dispirited. #GoldCup21 #SocaWarriors

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CxuVchui6xY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CxuVchui6xY</a>

To be honest I am not worried about Nicholas. He was let down by the defense in the 2nd goal. He was a bit of his line for the 1st goal, so what. I honestly don't think we have a goal keeping issue. Our big problem is the rest of the positions. I am not confident when our defense bringing out the ball. Too erratic. Very disappointed in our mid field play. Not creative enough. Molino did not have a good game. Muckette was silent. I will take Telfer and Moore, we can work with them. Lobo Joseph played well when he came on. But he must be consistent. Especially at his age.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2021, 08:16:16 AM »
DeeksI said I won't post again but I respect you and a 2 or 3 others.I wasn't planning to offend, but when I said Jamaicans say "we talk too much",I tell them is allyuh who talk too much.I am up against about 5 ah dem.Sometimes I wish TT can ram all the crap that they talk down their throats,when we lose they know and wait for meh.Where are all those ballers that we used to produce,what happen to that culture.When I came to England I played Sunday morning football in Scrubs Lane in Shephers Bush,most of the blokes were Jamaicans,many would ask me "way yuh fram bway",when I replied  Trinidad,they would say,no wonder "yuh so good".I am just pointing out how well the rest of the Caribbean knew about our football culture,we lost our pride or what,I dunno man.I find it's taking too long to get back even close to where were,maybe there's more to it than I know.Regards.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2021, 08:17:08 AM »
WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago Interim Head Coach Angus Eve speaks with local media after Trinidad and Tobago's 2-0 loss to El Salvador.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8crQwz94gA0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8crQwz94gA0</a>

I have generally been pleased with the coach's candid comments on the games so far. However I'm not buying into the comment that El Sal being further ahead in WC qualifications  compared to TNT is a factor. Mexico is in  also further ahead and  ranked in World top 15.
For years our national teams have been plagued with weak defensive structures and players- our Achilles heel. However there seems to be some focus to rectify this. The defensive lapses against El Sal. exposed us here again.
What I'm seeing from this team which is troubling are:
1. A lack of a legitimate striker
2.  No major offensive threat
3. Our offensive build up and attack  except for the Montserrat game is stymied  for the most part.
4. We need some creative flair up front
5 - our midfield trio needs some work- not defensively on the ball not offensively controlling or setting up the attack
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 08:30:09 AM by ABTrini »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2021, 08:51:38 AM »
I have generally been pleased with the coach's candid comments on the games so far. However I'm not buying into the comment that El Sal being further ahead in WC qualifications  compared to TNT is a factor. Mexico is in  also further ahead and  ranked in World top 15.

For years our national teams have been plagued with weak defensive structures and players- our Achilles heel. However there seems to be some focus to rectify this. The defensive lapses against El Sal. exposed us here again.

What I'm seeing from this team which is troubling are:
1. A lack of a legitimate striker
2.  No major offensive threat
3. Our offensive build up and attack  except for the Montserrat game is stymied  for the most part.
4. We need some creative flair up front
5 - our midfield trio needs some work- not defensively on the ball not offensively controlling or setting up the attack

Spot on ABTrini. The WC qualifying octogonal status of ES was immaterial to this venture. The staff may not have drilled down to the core on this. Hugo Perez took charge of ES just over a month before AE took the TT job. To be precise, Perez was named in the last week of April and played his first match at then beginning of June. It is not a consolidated team. It is at the early stage of consolidating. And it's not just the coach that's new.

I sense we let perception magnify reality.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 09:53:08 AM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>