April 19, 2024, 05:17:10 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs El Salvador (14-Jul-2021)  (Read 9530 times)

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs El Salvador (14-Jul-2021)
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2021, 10:09:19 AM »
DeeksI said I won't post again but I respect you and a 2 or 3 others.I wasn't planning to offend, but when I said Jamaicans say "we talk too much",I tell them is allyuh who talk too much.I am up against about 5 ah dem.Sometimes I wish TT can ram all the crap that they talk down their throats,when we lose they know and wait for meh.Where are all those ballers that we used to produce,what happen to that culture.When I came to England I played Sunday morning football in Scrubs Lane in Shephers Bush,most of the blokes were Jamaicans,many would ask me "way yuh fram bway",when I replied  Trinidad,they would say,no wonder "yuh so good".I am just pointing out how well the rest of the Caribbean knew about our football culture,we lost our pride or what,I dunno man.I find it's taking too long to get back even close to where were,maybe there's more to it than I know.Regards.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2021, 11:09:40 AM »
Frico doh feel no way boss ! Some ah de loudest and more boastful in right here in N/America is non other  than our Jamaican brothers and sisters , dey love talk  , so ah doh take dem on wid  dey  trinis chatter claim !  On another  note ah had put up yuh post just to tease yuh lil bit cause ah thought yuh say yuh wasn't gonna post here no more 😊  !  Dis forum is de best yuh had to come again breds ain't .

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2021, 02:12:01 PM »
You all still sweating this game? come on people we wanted to make the gold cup and we did despite having multiple injuries and absentees of our better players, for instance hyland- jovin- levi- judah- tristin we still performed admirably. in all honesty I think eve got it wrong with poon angeron vs fortune, IMO fortune offers very little in defense and offense while angeron runs like a horse and could also attack and make meaningful passes.

He also got it wrong by introducing mukette instead of Joseph, mukket is the type you introduce to a game as super sub, that’s where he makes the most impact together with moore, but none the less we were beaten by a more prepared team and it’s over for us, there’s no way mexico not beating el salv on Sunday, our only saving grace is if one of those teams were to be disqualified from the competition or covid do usa favor like it did guatemala. but in the mean time let’s enjoy the ride.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Clayton Morris: Fightback must continue
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2021, 02:48:02 PM »
Clayton Morris: Fightback must continue
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

CLAYTON MORRIS, the former national football captain and Futsal coach, thinks Trinidad and Tobago’s 2-0 defeat to a good El Salvador team at the CONCACAF Gold Cup on Wednesday night was unfortunate and a bit of a reality check, following the Soca Warriors’ fighting performance when they drew 0-0 with champions Mexico in their opener.

But Morris is backing the team to bounce back in the next match against Guatemala on Sunday.

“One more game to play in the group, still a very slim chance to qualify for the knockout stage,” stated Morris. “Win, lose or draw in the next game, the fightback must continue on administratively, financially and mentally in order to (keep) improving on this Trinidad and Tobago senior men’s football team‘s Gold Cup momentum.”

Morris believes continued improvement of the Soca Warriors was important to all aspects of football in the country - “to plan and develop a growth mindset in the young upcoming players (boys and girls) for the future.” Morris felt the reality on Wednesday night was that El Salvador had a better preparation for the tournament.

“Unfortunate...TNT lost 2-0 vs El Salvador last night, after one of the better performances (Mexico match) of the four games under the new staff,” he stated.

Because of better preparation, Morris felt El Salvador were better able to execute some of what T&T wanted to do and at faster and more regularly intervals. Consequently, they were able to capitalise where T&T stumbled.

But Morris, who now also serves as president of the second tier Trinidad and Tobago Super League, is backing the national team to rediscover all of the grit showed against Mexico. He felt they attempted to do more than just defend against El Salvador, but paid heavily for their errors, defensively and in attack as well.

“The commitment willingness and discipline of the players individually to combine the three aspects in defence, creativity in midfield and attempts on goal were executed a bit more and with purpose,” added Morris. “Unfortunately a couple defensive errors and two missed scoring opportunities which should’ve been converted at this level of competition (cost the team).”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors - A renewed fighting spirit
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2021, 04:06:42 PM »
Soca Warriors - A renewed fighting spirit
By Colin Murray (T&T Guardian)

In football, it was a Sunday night to remember for T&T football fans as they celebrated their team’s master plan against the Mexicans. I always knew T&T could not go in and fight the Mexicans toe to toe or they would be floored even before the contest really got going. So, the fact that T&T started with 5 at the back and 4 in midfield ultimately stifled their opponents. The Soca Warriors were double-tackling the gifted Mexicans and never gave them the room or allowed them to settle and when they occasionally breached the defence, Marvin Phillip was absolutely brilliant. T&T’s overall defence was excellent and I did say that all the fans can ask for is for their team to play with the right attitude, heart and determination. Well, they got that and more.

Unfortunately, on Wednesday night, T&T went down to El Salvador by two goals to nil but the team can hold their heads high. They did not play particularly well in the first half against the Salvadorians. They did not have the fluency that we have seen in other games and some players seemed to be leg-weary. However, they gave it their all in the second period and were unlucky not to score. But this El Salvador team is a good one and they took their opportunities when they were presented.

As I suggested, it is a tough group as originally Curacao was the fourth team and their football is on the rise. But when they were replaced by Guatemala as a result of some COVID-19 related issues, the Soca Warriors had to get a result against El Salvador. This result, coupled with Mexico’s win against Guatemala on Wednesday night, now makes it impossible for T&T to finish first or an unlikely second in the group as Mexico's final game is against the already qualified El Salvador. For a second-place finish, it would mean T&T must defeat Guatemala and hope that El Salvador does the unthinkable and beat Mexico. I expect El Salvador to rest some of their first-choice players which would make the task even easier for the Mexican players and their band of hooligan supporters who were absolutely disgraceful during and after the T&T match with their overt racism towards the T&T players and fans. It saddens me that racism still manages to rear its ugly head in our beautiful game.

In retrospect, at best, T&T may finish 3rd in the group but more importantly, I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. I believe coach Angus Eve and his staff have done a good job. The players are fighting for him. They are going out onto the field of play with the right attitude and the determination that T&T fans have longed to see in their national team. There is still some ironing out to do but one has to remember that the Soca Warriors went into this tournament without some of their best players and that was the main reason I felt that they were facing an uphill battle to qualify for the quarterfinals from the group stage. What a difference Levi and Judah Garcia would have made as well as skipper Khaleem Hyland and Joevin Jones. Together with some of the younger players, I can see the team’s performance improvement over the next year.

Off the field, the administration needs to give the coaching staff and the players all the support needed so they can take the football to the next level. The fans are begging out for the day when, once again, they can go to the Hasely Crawford Stadium and see the Soca Warriors take on the might of CONCACAF and not only compete against them but be in a position to get a victory. With the proper formula and right attitude, who knows? That day may come much sooner than expected.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors defender David: We have to get back to the drawing board
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2021, 04:23:59 PM »
Soca Warriors defender David: We have to get back to the drawing board
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

TRINIDAD AND Tobago defender Aubrey David described as “disappointing” his team’s 2-0 defeat to El Salvador on Wednesday evening, in their second Group A match of the Concacaf Gold Cup.

At the Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas, United States, El Salvador got goals from Jairo Henriquez, in the 30th minute, and Walmer Martinez, in the first minute of second-half stoppage time.

El Salvador lead the group with six points, followed by Mexico (four), T&T (one) and Guatemala (zero).

El Salvador booked a spot into the quarter-final round, while T&T will have to defeat Guatemala on Sunday, and hope for a massive win for El Salvador over Mexico, to finish second in the group, and also advance to the knockout stage.

“It was a disappointing result for us,” said David, during a post-game interview. “It’s not one that we wanted for sure. We went with the aim to get three points and be comfortable in the group.”

David continued, “It didn’t happen that way. I think we could’ve gotten more from the game. It was a complicated game but we played (better) in the second half. We have to get back to the drawing board and look forward to the next game.”

T&T held defending champions Mexico to a goalless draw on Saturday but suffered a serious setback against an El Salvador team coached by former US midfielder Hugo Perez.

Defensive midfielder Neveal Hackshaw said, “We went loose once or twice, and they got a couple of chances. We also had chances, but we didn’t take them.”

Asked about the tactics employed by T&T coach Angus Eve, Hackshaw responded, “We wanted to play in the first half on the break with (captain Kevin) Molino and (Ryan) Telfer. In the second half, we wanted to utilise the wing-backs to get in behind (them).”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors coach Angus Eve encouraged by growth of team
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2021, 06:05:02 PM »
Soca Warriors coach Angus Eve encouraged by growth of team
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

INTERIM coach of the Trinidad and Tobago men’s football team Angus Eve said on Thursday morning that he was disappointed by his team’s 2-0 defeat against El Salvador on Wednesday, in their second Concacaf Gold Cup Group A encounter, at the Toyota Stadium, Frisco, Texas, United States.

The result leaves T&T in third spot on the four-team group with one point (following their goalless draw against Mexico last Saturday).

El Salvador guaranteed a place in the last eight, since they have six points from two games, while Mexico are in second place with four points. Mexico whipped Guatemala 3-0 on Wednesday.

The final matches in the group will be contested on Sunday, with T&T facing cellar-placed Guatemala and Mexico opposing El Salvador.

In a Zoom media conference with members of the T&T media, Eve said, “I’m disappointed in the result obviously, but I think a lot of encouragement in the performance of the team, playing against one of the teams who would have qualified proper for the Gold Cup and probably fresher than us.”

The former T&T captain and midfielder continued, “In the first half, it showed. I thought a much-improved performance in the second half but probably we deserved to get a little bit more out of the game. It augurs well for the work we’ve been doing in a very short space of time. It’s encouragement for the future.”

Security around the T&T team in Texas was beefed up after the players and technical staff received death threats and racist attacks, after the Mexico fixture.

“We try to keep them as comfortable as possible,” Eve said. “We had no security when we came here (in the US), except when we were going to the games. Now it’s very visible around them. We have a private detail in the hotel because the threats were that bad.”

The T&T coach continued, “I don’t know if that played a part in the players’ mental, hence the reason why we may have started a bit slow (on Wednesday). It has taken some adjusting to. “If somebody is threatening your life and calling your family back home, it’s unfortunate that this had to happen. We’re not going to make than an excuse for anything.” Eve made seven changes to his starting line-up for the El Salvador game, including recalling regular starters Kevin Molino (captain), fellow midfielder Neveal Hackshaw and goalkeeper Nicklas Frenderup. According to the T&T tactician, “We know that a lot of our players have not been playing for a very long time. We just had three weeks to put this group (of players) together. We knew that against Mexico we had to be resolute, and we were trying to get something out of the game which we did. We know that, in the other games, we’ll want to express ourselves a bit more.”

Eve said his players were quiet and equally disappointed after the 2-0 defeat on Wednesday.

“They believed they gave everything that they had. We can’t fault any of the players for the effort that they had given. The dressing room was quiet, you could hear a pin drop.” Looking ahead to the Guatemala game, Eve said, “We have the same mindset. Coming into this tournament, our particular goal was to try and get into the group stage. Coming out of a failed World Cup campaign, we thought realistically what we had to do is to improve the performances of the team.

“We’re basically using this tournament as a trial for our players,” he added. “To think that we can come and dominate teams who are (still) in the World Cup (qualifiers) and, without the likes of Sheldon Bateau and Levi Garcia, we think, so far, it is a good showing, to keep our ambition realistic. We would try to do something in the next game.”

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2021, 07:39:54 PM »
So people just beginning to accept we simply just not good enough. Best we can do is beat up mediocre and terrible Caribbean opposition and pack our team in our half against Central American teams to hope for a draw

Is that the future of our football?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 07:43:44 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No giving up: Eve staying positive despite El Salvador loss
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2021, 08:22:52 PM »
No giving up: Eve staying positive despite El Salvador loss
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

GUATEMALA will be no pushovers, given what they showed in a 3-0 defeat to Mexico at the CONCACAF Gold Cup on Wednesday night. But Trinidad and Tobago head coach Angus Eve is determined that the Soca Warriors end the preliminary round on a high note.

A win over Guatemala on Sunday night will move the Soca Warriors to four points. However, their progression to the next round also depends on the unlikely scenario of group leaders El Salvador knocking a few goals past giants Mexico. Defending champions Mexico hold a 32-5-win record over El Salvador and have won their last seven meetings.

“We not giving up,” Eve declared following his team’s deflating 2-0 loss to El Salvador earlier on Wednesday night.

He also expects a test against Guatemala on Sunday.

“On the Guatemala side of things, they looked a very competent team against Mexico,” Eve told the media yesterday. “They moved the ball well, typical Central American team. ­Mexico did not have their own way with them.

“We are expecting a tough game and we expect to put in a good shift,” Eve said.

Given that his staff only took over the national team just three weeks ago, Eve felt that despite obvious lapses, his players acquitted themselves well against an improving El Salvador, who are still in the last stage of CONCACAF zone qualifying for the Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup.

Yesterday, Eve described a subdued camp where his players were disappointed over the loss.

They are very quiet,” T&T’s head coach said. “They are very disappointed. They believe they gave everything that they had. Many of the guys out there are not playing football consistently. Kevin (Molino) himself got tired down to the end and gave away some passes, but he still gave the effort.”

Eve said it was a credit to his players to even be at the stage where they are right now and having any shot at moving to the quarter-finals.

“This is a new staff and a new team. Most of the players did not play in the World Cup qualifying. We brought this team together in a very short space of time, and we have seen the improvements.

“But,” he added, “it’s a work in progress, and to think that we could come and dominate teams who actually are in the last phase of the World Cup campaign (is unrealistic), without the likes of Sheldon Bateau, Levi (Garcia) and all these other players that we are missing.

“We think that so far it’s a good showing and we want to keep our ambition realistic, but yeah, we will go out and try to do something in the next game,” stated the former national captain.

Eve’s own analysis was that his team was not good enough in the first half against El Salvador but were the better team for most of the second. “The first half we played way too slow. We weren’t moving the ball effectively enough and I thought that we were a bit lethargic,” Eve said of the first half.

“I thought we gave away two soft goals and I thought (in the) second half we were the better team. Unfortunately, we did not take the chances. We had about three good chances.”

Eve demanded that his players improve in the second period.

“We changed the formation of the team so that we could press higher. We put on two flankers with a centre forward, and I thought we gave them a lot more problems with that formation. We probably should have scored. We didn’t, but that’s the way the game goes sometimes.”

T&T goalkeeper Nicklas Frende­rup was left reaching in vain for a low shot to his far corner, after Jairo Henri­quez turned on-rushing USA-based T&T defender Jelani Peters atop the penalty area and scored with a low right-footed shot for 1-0 in the 30th minute.

After surviving an improved second half T&T effort, Walmer Martinez tapped into an open net when scoring El Salvador’s insurance goal in almost farcical fashion in injury time.

With three Mexicans surrounding him, a frenzied sequence saw T&T keeper Frenderup making saves at each of his posts, but not getting the defensive assistance to keep the ball out of his goal.

Eve also paid tribute to El Salvador, who have lost once in eight matches under Hugo Perez, the legendary and creative American midfielder who had 73 caps for his country during the mid-’80s to ’90s.

“Kudos to El Salvador. I think they are a good team, so that augers well for us going forward,” Eve suggested.

Meanwhile, Perez thought T&T were a bit defensive in their ­approach. “I thought Trinidad and Tobago would be a little more offensive, but I realised they were playing with a line of five, like they did against Mexico,” he said. “I never thought they would be that defensive. It is not that Trinidad and Tobago took (over) the ball; we gave them the ball!” Perez said. “We started forcing things that we didn’t have to do. They were just attacking more in the second half.”

Eve did not agree with Perez. He explained having a balanced first-half selection, and said they went even more attacking in the second half.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2021, 01:31:34 AM »
So people just beginning to accept we simply just not good enough. Best we can do is beat up mediocre and terrible Caribbean opposition and pack our team in our half against Central American teams to hope for a draw

Sando, I old enough to know TT goes thru these phases continuously. 67 Panam Games. 73 Haiti Hex. Italy 1990. Germany 2006. Look at those gaps. It has alway been like that. Until we get people with money and love for the game, it will remain so.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2021, 03:32:18 AM »

Sando, I old enough to know TT goes thru these phases continuously. 67 Panam Games. 73 Haiti Hex. Italy 1990. Germany 2006. Look at those gaps. It has alway been like that. Until we get people with money and love for the game, it will remain so.
you wanna know what hurts the most in all this? the fact that we have the talent and are naturally gifted with tall fast sturdy children and we simply don’t invest in them or make use of their attributes. on my last trip to trinidad I drove through Port of Spain and the east west corridor and the most shocking thing was to see children still playing sports in the road.

I asked my chaperone if there weren’t any neighborhood play grounds and the answer was an astounding no. So I asked if there are no Philanthropic ventures from the business community to install play grounds and parks in disadvantaged neighborhoods, to which he laughed uncontrollably citing that if I believe I was still in england, he said that if the government didn’t do it then don’t expect anyone else too.

it’s a known fact that the wealthy in that country does not give back towards the growth and social development of the nation, they simply hold on to their wealth and leave every thing to the state to subsidize and then complain the most when we underachieve. TT sports in general will get better when people start caring and investing in the nation’s children, jump high jump low nothing will change until then. Just like a flower garden needs water and caring hands to blossom and flourish, in order for sports to flourish it needs lots of money and lots of caring people to nurture it and that’s a fact, no money no care equals zero success.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2021, 06:51:19 AM »

you wanna know what hurts the most in all this? the fact that we have the talent and are naturally gifted with tall fast sturdy children and we simply don’t invest in them or make use of their attributes. on my last trip to trinidad I drove through Port of Spain and the east west corridor and the most shocking thing was to see children still playing sports in the road.

I asked my chaperone if there weren’t any neighborhood play grounds and the answer was an astounding no. So I asked if there are no Philanthropic ventures from the business community to install play grounds and parks in disadvantaged neighborhoods, to which he laughed uncontrollably citing that if I believe I was still in england, he said that if the government didn’t do it then don’t expect anyone else too.

it’s a known fact that the wealthy in that country does not give back towards the growth and social development of the nation, they simply hold on to their wealth and leave every thing to the state to subsidize and then complain the most when we underachieve. TT sports in general will get better when people start caring and investing in the nation’s children, jump high jump low nothing will change until then. Just like a flower garden needs water and caring hands to blossom and flourish, in order for sports to flourish it needs lots of money and lots of caring people to nurture it and that’s a fact, no money no care equals zero success.

Again, pull, You on point. When I was growing up I live in various places along the EW corridor. St. Joseph opposite WASA, Tunapuna, Five Rivers, back to Tunapuna, St. Joseph, then EDR. In the 60s and 70s, there were lot of empty spots around. There used to be plenty football and windball cricket on these spots. Many of TT prominent sportsmen honed some of their skills there. Sammy Llewellyn thrived in the Dry River. When I visited some of these place now is house, apartment and business places. We lucky Barataria Oval, Arangues Savannah, St. Joseph Savannah, Constantine Park, Azonville Park, Tacarigua still around. The population has grown and I am not sure if new parks were built with the new housing development.

And on the same vein. I remembered reading an article where Pele said that he bemoan the fact the all the open spaces that were used for recreational uses in the barrios of Santos were all gone or going rapidly. The children had to go further and further away from their homes for recreation.

When I moved to EDR, I hated the f**king place. Is football, cricket, basketball, kite flying on the streets. Specifically mid and upper Quarry street. The closeness and the clutter were unbearable. Eventually I got used to it and loved it. I was going to QRC at that time and had the savannah for myself, even though it was a little walk. But talk about football. All the the fields were filled with teams playing. You stand in the middle of the savannah and make ah 360 and is a carnival of colours during football and rugby season. And it is a festival of white during the the cricket season. That is the things that I reflect on when I want to think of the pleasant things about home. That is my rambling nonsense for this morning. Blessings!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2021, 12:50:39 PM »

So are you saying well that is just the way it is and we should just accept it? You saying well we always have been this bad and over ten to fifteen years we will have another short period of success so its ok?

If this is the case and we acknowledge this then we are saying we have failed. And we should not accept this as normal. If we cant change this attitude it will never improve. Older heads like you seem to always be ok and accepting of this mediocre level of success if to call it success at all.

We need to get rid of this old man dinosaur attitude of what we should accept in our sports

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2021, 05:21:18 PM »

So are you saying well that is just the way it is and we should just accept it? You saying well we always have been this bad and over ten to fifteen years we will have another short period of success so its ok?

If this is the case and we acknowledge this then we are saying we have failed. And we should not accept this as normal. If we cant change this attitude it will never improve. Older heads like you seem to always be ok and accepting of this mediocre level of success if to call it success at all.

We need to get rid of this old man dinosaur attitude of what we should accept in our sports

Sando, far from the truth. I bemoan the fact that we are totally unable to follow the 4 year development cycle so that we can have new blood by the time the WC qualifying comes along. We take too long to develop a good team. We need to do better than that. Sometimes is 8, 12 years before we can challenge Mex. and the Central Americans. Right now we should be blooding the U23s and U-20s for the next WC. What you think are on the TTFA drawing board.  F**king zilch. Right we need the govt, the collective business organization to assist TTFA. You think that will, could happen. In you friggin dreams. And with the financial situation in the era of covid make things worse.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2021, 12:16:30 AM »

Sando, far from the truth. I bemoan the fact that we are totally unable to follow the 4 year development cycle so that we can have new blood by the time the WC qualifying comes along. We take too long to develop a good team. We need to do better than that. Sometimes is 8, 12 years before we can challenge Mex. and the Central Americans. Right now we should be blooding the U23s and U-20s for the next WC. What you think are on the TTFA drawing board.  F**king zilch. Right we need the govt, the collective business organization to assist TTFA. You think that will, could happen. In you friggin dreams. And with the financial situation in the era of covid make things worse.
deeks as long as I’ve been following TT football it’s financial burden was always squarely placed on the ministry’s shoulders. The ttfa ttff or TT whatever they called themselves back then we’re never an independent body generating their own funds to nurture football. as far as I remember maybe carib did a little sponsorship here and there but the bulk of their revenue came from the ministry.

can you imagine there were people getting stinking rich from football in england, but these trinidad bums never once reached out to the English FA for assistance in building their organization? IMO that is beyond shameful, not to mention clueless. trinis truly are a people of marvel and wonder, and I was not being complimentary.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2021, 08:23:56 AM »

deeks as long as I’ve been following TT football it’s financial burden was always squarely placed on the ministry’s shoulders. The ttfa ttff or TT whatever they called themselves back then we’re never an independent body generating their own funds to nurture football. as far as I remember maybe carib did a little sponsorship here and there but the bulk of their revenue came from the ministry.

can you imagine there were people getting stinking rich from football in england, but these trinidad bums never once reached out to the English FA for assistance in building their organization? IMO that is beyond shameful, not to mention clueless. trinis truly are a people of marvel and wonder, and I was not being complimentary.

Quite true. But the period between 73 to 78, I think Ken Galt was the president of TTFA. He was a Neal&Massey excecutive. He was able to get funds for the 74 WC and CaC games teams and also our youth and the 78 WC teams. The TTFA was running fairly well. When he left the bachanal era of JW started.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2021, 12:22:01 PM »
are you sure? because according to the history Eric james was president for a long period of time, then he resigned and jack warner too over until after we failed to qualify for the World Cup in 1989, then camps came in after Warner resigned.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2021, 09:08:20 AM »
are you sure? because according to the history Eric james was president for a long period of time, then he resigned and jack warner too over until after we failed to qualify for the World Cup in 1989, then camps came in after Warner resigned.

Pull Stones, I called around and was told that he did served around that time. Jack was general secretary. I know Eric James had passed. I can't remember who followed him. But it was not Jack. Jack was after Ken

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2021, 05:33:54 PM »
Qatar just make it look easy dey.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2021, 08:45:25 PM »
Qatar just make it look easy dey.

Not quite a total walk in the park, but very effective and very entertaining. They doh waste time. Clear intent in possession.

Other lesson for us regarding not discarding foreign-based talent should be that of Rivas (El Salvador). He was a huge contributor in keeping ES in the fight. Bit of a nightmare game for Ceren.

1]; } ?>