March 28, 2024, 10:17:01 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Mexico (10-Jul-2021)  (Read 15517 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Mexico (10-Jul-2021)
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2021, 11:21:30 PM »
Nice, Mexico looked out of ideas in the 2nd half - their lack of flair was quite exposed by the defensive, low block Eve employed.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2021, 11:33:23 PM »
Mexican fans on social media real blaming the ref, bout they should’ve had 2 penalties. Oh and they’ll never get banned from the Gold Cup because they’re a cash cow for CONCACAF and they give the tournament ratings.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2021, 11:45:33 PM »
We were lucky. The first half injury to the Mex. player could have or should have been a penalty. It looked like a push in the back. But We have to give it them for the discipline and fighting spirit. Congrats and Good luck

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2021, 11:58:19 PM »
God will sleep good tomorrow; sleepless for a hole day prior and during the game.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 12:05:40 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2021, 12:24:36 AM »
Recap: Mexico 0, Trinidad & Tobago 0
By Ari Liljenwall (MLSSoccer.com).

Mexico dominated the action, but couldn't find a breakthrough goal in their Concacaf Gold Cup Group A opener against Trinidad & Tobago at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas on Saturday, instead splitting the points in a frustrating 0-0 draw with the Soca Warriors.

Mexico logged a flurry of chances from the get-go, but were dealt a scary early blow when winger Hirving "Chucky" Lozano had to be subbed out 10 minutes into the contest after a collision in the box that saw him take a knee to the face from Trinidad goalkeeper Marvin Phillip. Lozano was stretchered off the field while his teammates adamantly argued a penalty kick should have been awarded on the play, but none was given by referee Ricardo Montero.

Lozano was replaced by LA Galaxy attacker Efrain Alvarez, who technically still had dual eligibility to represent the United States, but is now officially cap-tied to Mexico with the appearance in an official FIFA senior competition.

Mexico continued to hold possession in the T&T end for the majority of the rest of the match, but never could convert a game-winning goal. El Tri thought they had their breakthrough at the start of second-half stoppage time when Jesus Gallardo sent in a cross that was redirected into the back of the net, but he was ruled offside in the build-up.

Mexico had the last good look of the game just before the final whistle, but a snap header off a corner kick was saved by Phillip and the match would end scoreless.

Goals

None

Three Things

THE BIG PICTURE: It's a frustrating result to start Gold Cup play for El Tri, who ended the match with a whopping 83 percent of possession and outshot the Soca Warriors by a 28-4 margin, only to see Trinidad see out the scoreless draw with a stalwart defensive effort that leaves them in solid position to advance. Mexico will look to get their Gold Cup campaign on track in their next match against Guatemala on Wednesday, with the status of Lozano the biggest storyline to monitor for Tata Martino's group in the meantime.

MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Mexico was just a matter of inches of finding a dramatic late winner, only to see the goal waved off by the AR for a borderline offside call. The reaction from the Mexico players upon realizing the call says it all.

MAN OF THE MATCH: You have to give credit to the Trinidad defense for withstanding that amount of pressure, and veteran backstop Marvin Phillip was in the middle of that, controlling his side's stout defensive block and coming through with several key saves.

Watch - Game Highlights

Teams

T&T: Marvin Phillip (capt), Alvin Jones, Aubrey David, Jelani Peters, Radanfah Abu Bakr, Ross Russell, Hashim Arcia, Judah García, Triston Hodge, Mekeil Williams, Reon Moore.

Mexico: Alfredo Talavera, Luis Rodríguez, Araujo, Carlos Salcedo, O. Rodríguez, Hector Herrera (capt), Edson Álvarez, Erick Gutiérrez, Jose Corona, Rogelio Funes Mori, Hirving Lozano.

Referee: Ricardo Montero Araya (Costa Rica).

History Mexico vs Trinidad and Tobago

The Mexican national team has played against Trinidad and Tobago in 24 matches, including qualifiers (12), Gold Cup (5), friendlies (3) and the former CONCACAF Championship (4). Mexico leads the record by a wide margin. In total, the Tricolor won 15 games, drew six and was defeated on three occasions. In goal statistics, Mexico has 54 goals for and 22 against.

Next Up

MEX: Wednesday, July 14 vs. Guatemala | 9:30 pm ET (FS1, UniMás, TUDN) | Concacaf Gold Cup Group Stage

T&T: Wednesday, July 14 vs. El Salvador | 7:30 pm ET (FS1, UniMás, TUDN) | Concacaf Gold Cup Group Stage

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2021, 12:27:08 AM »
So he decided to park the bus in advance
He play Phillips and mostly defenders and was going for a draw?

We couldn't string together 7 to 10 passes and couldn't dribble out the back but it was pure boom kick and clearing from the back.. we were lucky we were not down 2 or 3 nil tbh

That is not a masterclass, thats cowardly.. purposely playing for a Draw with Mexico is not what I call good football... its like he already did not have confidence to win which sounds like classic eve weak mentality

There was nothing to enjoy about that match where tt was constantly on the back foot from the beginning.. the midfield was non existent

Lemme guess, draw with Mexico and go for wins against the other teams?

Eve just lost my vote of confidence with that BS he pull, I don't care if we drew with Mexico it was bad tactics
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 12:32:03 AM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2021, 12:33:13 AM »
I would like to really hear Seekers analysis on this tbh

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2021, 01:16:20 AM »
 Frankly, I couldn't care less about they passing or the lack of scoring opportunities we  did not have or  anything else- to me is the result- We did what we  had to do to get a point!!! Did we look like world beaters? did we look out classed?

But say what if Mexico with all the fire power could not put us away, that is a moral victory. And at a time like this in our football let's take this and  be content for the team.

Ah  wonder how Pull stones and partner TF  feeling or what they thinking? ah sure Eve eh getting 20 K us!!!! :rotfl:

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2021, 01:36:52 AM »
T&T needs a bulldog player to beat or tie Mexico..

Mexico is superia but cannot play under physicality.

Jelani Peters is shit and Neveal Hackshaw and Curtis Gonzales is overweight and too slow.

Justin Garcia is a better leftback than Ross Russell Jr.

Jesse Williams needs to start and push Alvin Jones up the wing.

Reon Moore over Marcis Joseph.

Hashim Arcia over Andre Fortune.

T&T good for 8.

Not being negative, its reality.

Corona, Herrera, Salcedo and Moreno go kill them.

Angus Eve is a f00cking joke, only one replacement Noah, he dreaming from his playing days where he had many good players around him, not like now.

:cursing: :yellowcard: :yellowcard: :yellowcard: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead:

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2021, 01:37:29 AM »
Frankly, I couldn't care less about they passing or the lack of scoring opportunities we  did not have or  anything else- to me is the result- We did what we  had to do to get a point!!! Did we look like world beaters? did we look out classed?

But say what if Mexico with all the fire power could not put us away, that is a moral victory. And at a time like this in our football let's take this and  be content for the team.

Some work to do  with the midfielders and defenders- Still too much space for  opposition to run through. Too many gaps in the defense for men to shot through. Need to close in on  opposing attackers and drive them off the ball. We allowing too much space for attackers.  This result should give us the confidence to stand up and paly with more assertion  next game.

p.s.    Ah  wonder how Pull stones and partner TF  feeling or what they thinking? ah sure Eve eh getting 20 K us!!!! :rotfl:

keep the fires burning
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 01:43:08 AM by ABTrini »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2021, 02:25:44 AM »
Mexican fans on social media real blaming the ref, bout they should’ve had 2 penalties. Oh and they’ll never get banned from the Gold Cup because they’re a cash cow for CONCACAF and they give the tournament ratings.
what goes around come full circle, maybe not right away but one things for sure the wheels of justice may turn slow but none the less it turns. in 2017 jovin jones scored a cracker at the national stadium and the jamaican assistant ref called it off side, no one made a meal of it and we eventually went on the lose the game 1-0, but we took it on the chin and moved on, and though it hurt at the time all we could have done was walk it or sleep it off. i for one walked from the stadium to ariputa ave sad and disappointed, now it's their turn so i suggest they do the same, hold a salvassa and sulk.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 11:45:16 AM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2021, 02:27:28 AM »
well done angus eve, please don't stop making me eat my words, i kindah like the taste.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2021, 02:43:43 AM »
That's the way to do it Mr.Eve,if you cannot win you don't lose,learn from  experiences and we don't have to go back very far,Bahamas 0 TT 0.       We only drop a "Bahamas" pon El Tricolor...sweeeet!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2021, 06:20:07 AM »
I would like to really hear Seekers analysis on this tbh

You honestly expected TT to go toe to toe with the best team in Concacaf. Did you watch Brazil Arg. game. We, by far are not Arg. But Eve took a page out of their book to get  a point. It was not pretty. On another day we would  have gotten 4. And I am being conservative. Contro, given the state of our football you expected TT to open out and play run and gun football. We don't have the caliber of players that even Stephen Hart had. But them guys put up a hell of a fight. Remember these are mostly the same guys who could not get one goal past the mighty Bahamas.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 06:22:38 AM by Deeks »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2021, 06:26:45 AM »
T&T needs a bulldog player to beat or tie Mexico..

Mexico is superia but cannot play under physicality.

Jelani Peters is shit and Neveal Hackshaw and Curtis Gonzales is overweight and too slow.

Justin Garcia is a better leftback than Ross Russell Jr.

Jesse Williams needs to start and push Alvin Jones up the wing.

Reon Moore over Marcis Joseph.

Hashim Arcia over Andre Fortune.

T&T good for 8.

Not being negative, its reality.

Corona, Herrera, Salcedo and Moreno go kill them.

Angus Eve is a f00cking joke, only one replacement Noah, he dreaming from his playing days where he had many good players around him, not like now.

:cursing: :yellowcard: :yellowcard: :yellowcard: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead:

ABTrini Sam did have some of his points correct.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2021, 06:29:36 AM »
That's what I talking about. Eve took a chance and it worked. Huge boost to morale and confidence. Reminds me of the first 2015 Gold Cup game when we trashed "Guata Guata" 5 -1. That game gave us the momentum to make the knockout.

How Marvin Phillip ain't playing on no club team and playing the best game of he life. Tremendous effort.

Mexico will be coming for blood when they play Guatemala on Wednesday. Mexico is not going to slip up. The good thing about this result is that Mexico will not win the group or advance to the knockout before their last game, which they were hoping for.

El Salvador is now concerned about us. They seen us handle Montserrat, a team that has given them a lot of trouble recently. And this result will have them digging in their tool box.

The Lozano incident. . Although I think Lozano would have gone down by the slightest touch, Jones did give him a push. But the injury was caused by Marvin Phillip, which was not intentional. . The ref knows that Lozano (or any player) would be shopping for a penalty once they get in the box. It's happened before where guys go down too easy, and they end up coming of worse. But damn, I hope Lozano is ok. Because the head injury looked serious. I doubt he coming back for the tournament.

Reon Moore, might have his coming out party similar to Cummings in 2015. It can certainly happen when we play against El Salvador or Guata Guata.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2021, 06:41:44 AM »
Again, I gave Angus the benefit doubt when he was appointed. But when he put Marvin on the starting roster, I use a pejoritive 4 letter word that rhymes with duck at Angus. But Marvin was certainly MIGHTY last night. So  I don't think we have a keeper problem. Nick and Marvin are doing fine. What we have to address now is our attack in the next game. One game at a time.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 07:37:40 AM by Deeks »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2021, 07:03:20 AM »

I am watching the highlights. did T&T take any shots on Mexico goal? So we were on the defensive the entire game?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2021, 07:25:52 AM »

I am watching the highlights. did T&T take any shots on Mexico goal? So we were on the defensive the entire game?

Absolutely, YES!!! Breds we almost scored closedto the end. It was a comedy of errors. Had the TT forward composed himself we would have scored. And Abu missed a goal when slide to score. He missed by some inches. It was at times  a shakey but  very courageous defensive performance.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2021, 07:42:55 AM »
what goes around come full circle, maybe not right away but one things for sure the wheels of justice may turn slow but none the less it turns. in 2017 jovin jones scored a cracker at the national stadium and the jamaican assistant ref called it off side, no one made a meal of it and we eventually went on the lose the game 1-0, but we took it on the chin and moved on, and though i hurt at the time all we could have done was walk it or sleep it off. i for one walked from the stadium to ariputa ave sad and disappointed, now it's their turn so i suggest they do the same, hold a salvassa and sulk.
Yup don’t mind them, I remember that with Jones. They had numerous opportunities and couldn’t convert so it’s silly to blame the ref. As for the alleged racists chants, they claim the fans were chanting “puto” and it’s not racist.
The player who went off injured looked like he got hit in the eye, hope he’s doing alright.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2021, 09:08:44 AM »
Those criticising the tactics and comparing it to the back to back draws when SH was in charge are clueless about football.
We were coming up against a team that would have scouted us; lots of our players were unattached, lots in lower leagues; short of vital match fitness, and fatigued after the games vs FG Montserrat compared to Mexico.
He surprised them with his tactics, formation and personnel. You could see them trying to deliberately breakdown our right back Jones. Again the either saw him as a weak link based on their scouting or their strong side. We defended and they couldn't beat us to high balls over the top, we were taller than them, they play their balls on the pitch and try to break the lines. They couldn't get through the lines as if was so congested so the tried to pull it back and have a shot but MP was brilliant.
I was surprised in the 2nd half that they didn't try anything different and then Eve hit them by bringing in fresher legs and changed the system again to hit them on the counterattack. It almost worked too but Moore lost his composure.
Then guys executed the game plan brilliantly and played with pride and heart.
Big up allyuh self fellas. Well done!

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2021, 10:05:52 AM »
what goes around come full circle, maybe not right away but one things for sure the wheels of justice may turn slow but none the less it turns. in 2017 jovin jones scored a cracker at the national stadium and the jamaican assistant ref called it off side, no one made a meal of it and we eventually went on the lose the game 1-0, but we took it on the chin and moved on, and though i hurt at the time all we could have done was walk it or sleep it off. i for one walked from the stadium to ariputa ave sad and disappointed, now it's their turn so i suggest they do the same, hold a salvassa and sulk.
Yup don’t mind them, I remember that with Jones. They had numerous opportunities and couldn’t convert so it’s silly to blame the ref. As for the alleged racists chants, they claim the fans were chanting “puto” and it’s not racist.
The player who went off injured looked like he got hit in the eye, hope he’s doing alright.

I think FIFA wants The fans to stop using it altogether. It can have  several pejorative meanings. This from Urban Dictionary

The masculine form of the Spanish/ Portuguese word puta ("whore"/"slut"/"bitch"). " Puto " can apply to gay males in some places or simply to any male who is sexually loose (some males are sexually loose, some aren't; sexuality has little to do with it). " Puto " is used to imply weakness or cowardice in Spanish-speaking countries.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 09:46:57 AM by Deeks »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2021, 10:53:30 AM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F3VsVEeiu8E
What wrong with these fools !!
Yeah boy. Dem getting on like dey ain’t give ah shit bout you... smh.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2021, 11:25:28 AM »
I pity the fool....

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2021, 11:34:15 AM »

What you see wrong with getting pumped up or celebrating  a morale victory?-  No ah damn thing wrong with this!!
I eh sure if the coach before would have allowed this expression and celebration  which is who we are
To cast aspirations on the way the team celebrated after a hard fought draw is callous on your part.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 11:37:19 AM by ABTrini »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2021, 11:38:29 AM »
One man that deserves a clap is Abu Bakr. His first selection in years. Not much, if any, got passed him in the air.

If Fenwick was still coach, 5 goals against would have been about right. The last 3 games tells us how important a good coach is. Just over a month ago we tie Bahamas. Now we tie Mexico. Let me remind all yuh, Eve has done more, with less.

As I was saying, this was the game to experiment. Eve did that and look where we are.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2021, 11:43:28 AM »

Have them whipped and cut their rations in half. How dare they develop morale? If only you were coach....
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>