March 28, 2024, 02:04:12 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Mexico (10-Jul-2021)  (Read 15521 times)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Mexico (10-Jul-2021)
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2021, 11:50:42 AM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F3VsVEeiu8E
What wrong with these fools !!

Have them whipped and cut their rations in half. How dare they develop morale? If only you were coach....
you have energy for this fool? if you go to the dictionary under the definition “kill joy” you will see a picture of this imp. his only reason for being here is to rile up the members. he’s never encouraging amicable or moderate, just a real contrary hard on wank job.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2021, 11:56:04 AM »
Congrats to Eve and his team. Good fight, don't like Ross Russell to much.

Jesse Williams and Triston Hodge is two very good players, they run down them Mexicans.

Alvin Jones needs to work on his defensive ability, this is why Mexico was only attacking down the right. He need to play on the wing like Joevin.

Radanfah Abu Bakr and Mekeil Williams fall right back into de team nicely.

I was vex when ah see Marvin Phillip start over Nicklas Frenderup, but boy, Frenderup might not geh back he spot.

Can't believe Noah Powder was never called up more often, very good player.

Aubrey David was solid and after Marvin, I feel he was second best for T&T.

Mexico is one racist bastards and didn't play FIFA fair play when twice they never give us the back after we kick is out because of injury.

Eve went for experience and it worked. Benching Molino and Hyland was shocking but well worked.

De timing of his subs was really good and the men he bring on was boss.

Good jobs guys, every team intitle to have a good game and we did, now don't get time up, we need consistency.

We eh accomplish nothing yet, build from this and do what you came to do.

Love how de team fight.

Eve really make Fenwick look bad.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 11:57:18 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 11, 2021, 11:58:26 AM »
One man that deserves a clap is Abu Bakr. His first selection in years. Not much, if any, got passed him in the air.

If Fenwick was still coach, 5 goals against would have been about right. The last 3 games tells us how important a good coach is. Just over a month ago we tie Bahamas. Now we tie Mexico. Let me remind all yuh, Eve has done more, with less.

As I was saying, this was the game to experiment. Eve did that and look where we are.
yes I agree, abu bakar was easily my man of the match. he kept those air ball out and made some very significant blocks and tackles, now this is how you play football, with poise and urgency. on another note, it seem like angus has something that fenwick clearly lacked or maybe he’s just a much better coach altogether, what ever it is I like what I see and is hoping he could make me eat more crow, I heard through the grapevine that it’s actually good for runny mouth syndrome.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 11, 2021, 11:58:49 AM »
So he decided to park the bus in advance
He play Phillips and mostly defenders and was going for a draw?

We couldn't string together 7 to 10 passes and couldn't dribble out the back but it was pure boom kick and clearing from the back.. we were lucky we were not down 2 or 3 nil tbh

That is not a masterclass, thats cowardly.. purposely playing for a Draw with Mexico is not what I call good football... its like he already did not have confidence to win which sounds like classic eve weak mentality

There was nothing to enjoy about that match where tt was constantly on the back foot from the beginning.. the midfield was non existent

Lemme guess, draw with Mexico and go for wins against the other teams?

Eve just lost my vote of confidence with that BS he pull, I don't care if we drew with Mexico it was bad tactics

In T&T football a clean sheet is something to celebrate. After years of terrible performances. And scandals that caught international attention. Especially when we are playing without Hyland, J Jones, L. Garcia and Molino benched. And its the new coach's third game. And its Mexico we held to a goal less draw.

I'd say Eve's tactics in this game were exemplary. And its his ability to get this virtual B-side to buy into his tactics and perform that is the real eye opener
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2021, 12:02:37 PM »
Sam, hyland is injured and i don’t think he’s coming back anytime soon, but I could be wrong…..I hope I am.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 12:04:11 PM by pull stones »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2021, 12:08:30 PM »

Have them whipped and cut their rations in half. How dare they develop morale? If only you were coach....
you have energy for this fool? if you go to the dictionary under the definition “kill joy” you will see a picture of this imp. his only reason for being here is to rile up the members. he’s never encouraging amicable or moderate, just a real contrary hard on wank job.

I could have sworn I saw his picture under 'Bamsee'. Either way he's special

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2021, 12:10:11 PM »
One man that deserves a clap is Abu Bakr. His first selection in years. Not much, if any, got passed him in the air.

If Fenwick was still coach, 5 goals against would have been about right. The last 3 games tells us how important a good coach is. Just over a month ago we tie Bahamas. Now we tie Mexico. Let me remind all yuh, Eve has done more, with less.

As I was saying, this was the game to experiment. Eve did that and look where we are.
yes I agree, abu bakar was easily my man of the match. he kept those air ball out and made some very significant blocks and tackles, now this is how you play football, with poise and urgency. on another note, it seem like angus has something that fenwick clearly lacked or maybe he’s just a much better coach altogether, what ever it is I like what I see and is hoping he could make me eat more crow, I heard through the grapevine that it’s actually good for runny mouth syndrome.

Maybe. One game at a time.

Fenwick just couldn't get it. I'm sure he'll be good for another team. He's not cut for this level. . But I will say that his rapport with the lads, and his approach to the game was his ultimate downfall. He went with a "teach them how to play like this" mentality. Instead of creating a team based on the players individual attributes. This is what makes a coach, a better coach.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 11, 2021, 12:17:14 PM »
Have to give Marvin some props you became so accustomed to him failing spectacularly at times dat yuh tend to forget he is ah decent shot stopper especially with long drives, but last night he had ah defense doing ah job something he didn have a lot ah d times he fail.

good on him
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 12:22:47 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 11, 2021, 12:41:48 PM »

What is wrong with positive team morale? This helps with team chemistry

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2021, 03:47:49 PM »
WATCH: Interim Head Coach Angus Eve reflects on Trinidad and Tobago's 0-0 draw with Mexico.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xWLaOBMMMDs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xWLaOBMMMDs</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 11, 2021, 04:08:55 PM »
It's good to see more of our football planning being data driven, been hoping and praying for local coaching to be brought into the 21st century :applause: :applause: :applause: we now have at least one  :applause: :applause:
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 11, 2021, 05:30:25 PM »
WATCH: Man of the Match Goalkeeper, Marvin Phillip, reflects on Trinidad and Tobago's 0-0 draw with Mexico.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ztWL4hc8Q9U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ztWL4hc8Q9U</a>

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2021, 07:06:46 PM »
We had a chance to win it eh. Next time bury it in dey chest.
Real warriors out there tonight, and a little luck.
Well done Eve and the squad

Luck favors the brave...and they fought fearlessly, bravely!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 11, 2021, 07:22:34 PM »

We couldn't string together 7 to 10 passes and couldn't dribble out the back but it was pure boom kick and clearing from the back.. we were lucky we were not down 2 or 3 nil tbh

That is not a masterclass, thats cowardly.. purposely playing for a Draw with Mexico is not what I call good football... its like he already did not have confidence to win which sounds like classic eve weak mentality

There was nothing to enjoy about that match where tt was constantly on the back foot from the beginning.. the midfield was non existent

Eve just lost my vote of confidence with that BS he pull, I don't care if we drew with Mexico it was bad tactics

Teams play to win tournaments. Points are awarded as follows: Win - 3 points, Draw -1 point. Losses - 0 points. (I am sure you now that)
I don't know you but if you are upset because Eve played to get a point in a game where he was overmatched in quality, talent, and experience, then either you are a mad man, you must think this was a fete match, or you have some personal motive to be a critic of Angus Eve.

Are you telling me that Eve should have played an open game with a traditional 442 or 433 line up and get a 5-0 drubbing?
The result is all that matters, not foolish bravado. Live to fight another day, not how you get there.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 07:25:48 PM by Storeboy »

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 11, 2021, 07:24:23 PM »

In T&T football a clean sheet is something to celebrate. After years of terrible performances. And scandals that caught international attention. Especially when we are playing without Hyland, J Jones, L. Garcia and Molino benched. And its the new coach's third game. And its Mexico we held to a goal less draw.

I'd say Eve's tactics in this game were exemplary. And its his ability to get this virtual B-side to buy into his tactics and perform that is the real eye opener
Amen! Only the results matter not bravado! Fortune favors the brave!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 07:52:21 PM by Storeboy »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 11, 2021, 07:53:26 PM »

Amen! Only the results matter not bravado!

Yeah Contro, this is one time I think you got it wrong. Understand the odds were stacked against us on all angles:

- new coach
- fitness of the players
- key injuries and missing players
- lack of games to create chemistry
- yellow cards carried over
- essentially a home game for Mexico

Getting a point for the opening game is huge accomplishment. All them analysts were saying we walking away with at least 4. Eve overcame adversity. Sometimes we perform our best under those circumstances.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 11, 2021, 07:58:04 PM »
WATCH: Catching up with defender Radanfah Abu Bakr after Trinidad and Tobago's 0-0 draw with Mexico.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1dbAynq0Y4E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1dbAynq0Y4E</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #167 on: July 11, 2021, 10:26:08 PM »
Those criticising the tactics and comparing it to the back to back draws when SH was in charge are clueless about football.
We were coming up against a team that would have scouted us; lots of our players were unattached, lots in lower leagues; short of vital match fitness, and fatigued after the games vs FG Montserrat compared to Mexico.
He surprised them with his tactics, formation and personnel. You could see them trying to deliberately breakdown our right back Jones. Again the either saw him as a weak link based on their scouting or their strong side. We defended and they couldn't beat us to high balls over the top, we were taller than them, they play their balls on the pitch and try to break the lines. They couldn't get through the lines as if was so congested so the tried to pull it back and have a shot but MP was brilliant.
I was surprised in the 2nd half that they didn't try anything different and then Eve hit them by bringing in fresher legs and changed the system again to hit them on the counterattack. It almost worked too but Moore lost his composure.
Then guys executed the game plan brilliantly and played with pride and heart.
Big up allyuh self fellas. Well done!

He took a huge risk mind you... it worked out with the grace of god..

It could have gone very wrong mind you.. everyone who knows football knew what he did, it was creative and very risky, I give eve that, he had the belly to do it and hes better than Fenwick by miles but it was still poor tactics

Defend defend defend is not the best football, if you watched the England match today, that's what happens to teams that defend and hold very little possession..

All we did was defend and yes there was 2 opportunities but we were lucky it wasnt 2 nil or 3 nil

So yeah I know football very well and what he did wasnt the best tactics and I dont support a move like that going forward

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2021, 01:08:11 AM »
Those criticising the tactics and comparing it to the back to back draws when SH was in charge are clueless about football.
We were coming up against a team that would have scouted us; lots of our players were unattached, lots in lower leagues; short of vital match fitness, and fatigued after the games vs FG Montserrat compared to Mexico.
He surprised them with his tactics, formation and personnel. You could see them trying to deliberately breakdown our right back Jones. Again the either saw him as a weak link based on their scouting or their strong side. We defended and they couldn't beat us to high balls over the top, we were taller than them, they play their balls on the pitch and try to break the lines. They couldn't get through the lines as if was so congested so the tried to pull it back and have a shot but MP was brilliant.
I was surprised in the 2nd half that they didn't try anything different and then Eve hit them by bringing in fresher legs and changed the system again to hit them on the counterattack. It almost worked too but Moore lost his composure.
Then guys executed the game plan brilliantly and played with pride and heart.
Big up allyuh self fellas. Well done!

He took a huge risk mind you... it worked out with the grace of god..

It could have gone very wrong mind you.. everyone who knows football knew what he did, it was creative and very risky, I give eve that, he had the belly to do it and hes better than Fenwick by miles but it was still poor tactics

Defend defend defend is not the best football, if you watched the England match today, that's what happens to teams that defend and hold very little possession..

All we did was defend and yes there was 2 opportunities but we were lucky it wasnt 2 nil or 3 nil

So yeah I know football very well and what he did wasnt the best tactics and I dont support a move like that going forward

Contro, touche, I agree with you on this one. We could have lost 4-0 or 4-1. As with TF, he just got the bad luck of the draw. He tried that with US and we got trounced. TF started with this team and we saw all "his mistakes". Angus inherited a team that have had the experience of being on the back foot. It worked for him this time. Let's see what he has up his sleave for the next game. Good luck.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2021, 09:47:54 AM »
Mexican fans on social media real blaming the ref, bout they should’ve had 2 penalties. Oh and they’ll never get banned from the Gold Cup because they’re a cash cow for CONCACAF and they give the tournament ratings.
what goes around come full circle, maybe not right away but one things for sure the wheels of justice may turn slow but none the less it turns. in 2017 jovin jones scored a cracker at the national stadium and the jamaican assistant ref called it off side, no one made a meal of it and we eventually went on the lose the game 1-0, but we took it on the chin and moved on, and though i hurt at the time all we could have done was walk it or sleep it off. i for one walked from the stadium to ariputa ave sad and disappointed, now it's their turn so i suggest they do the same, hold a salvassa and sulk.
Yup don’t mind them, I remember that with Jones. They had numerous opportunities and couldn’t convert so it’s silly to blame the ref. As for the alleged racists chants, they claim the fans were chanting “puto” and it’s not racist.
The player who went off injured looked like he got hit in the eye, hope he’s doing alright.

I think FIFA wants The fans to stop using it altogether. It can have  several pejorative meanings. This from Urban Dictionary

The masculine form of the Spanish/ Portuguese word puta ("whore"/"slut"/"bitch"). " Puto " can apply to gay males in some places or simply to any male who is sexually loose (some males are sexually loose, some aren't; sexuality has little to do with it). " Puto " is used to imply weakness or cowardice in Spanish-speaking countries.

When I first heard the chant I thought they were saying "Burro"  donkey!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2021, 12:27:17 PM »
Mexican fans on social media real blaming the ref, bout they should’ve had 2 penalties. Oh and they’ll never get banned from the Gold Cup because they’re a cash cow for CONCACAF and they give the tournament ratings.
what goes around come full circle, maybe not right away but one things for sure the wheels of justice may turn slow but none the less it turns. in 2017 jovin jones scored a cracker at the national stadium and the jamaican assistant ref called it off side, no one made a meal of it and we eventually went on the lose the game 1-0, but we took it on the chin and moved on, and though i hurt at the time all we could have done was walk it or sleep it off. i for one walked from the stadium to ariputa ave sad and disappointed, now it's their turn so i suggest they do the same, hold a salvassa and sulk.
Yup don’t mind them, I remember that with Jones. They had numerous opportunities and couldn’t convert so it’s silly to blame the ref. As for the alleged racists chants, they claim the fans were chanting “puto” and it’s not racist.
The player who went off injured looked like he got hit in the eye, hope he’s doing alright.

I think FIFA wants The fans to stop using it altogether. It can have  several pejorative meanings. This from Urban Dictionary

The masculine form of the Spanish/ Portuguese word puta ("whore"/"slut"/"bitch"). " Puto " can apply to gay males in some places or simply to any male who is sexually loose (some males are sexually loose, some aren't; sexuality has little to do with it). " Puto " is used to imply weakness or cowardice in Spanish-speaking countries.

When I first heard the chant I thought they were saying "Burro"  donkey!

Usually applied at goal kicks. Standard fare at Liga MX matches.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2021, 03:29:06 PM »
Don't be surprised if we are awarded 3 points from the Mexico game. Heard some racial slurs and serious death threats were made to the boys during the game and after. FIFA and Concacaf will be taking action soon.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2021, 06:12:26 PM »
Goalless but Golden: Tactical T&T hold Mexico to draw in Gold Cup opener
By Roger Seepersad (T&T Express)

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior men’s football team head coach Angus Eve said he is proud of his players and excited by their 0-0 draw against CONCACAF football powerhouse and defending champions Mexico, in their opening match of the CONCACAF Gold Cup at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, USA, on Saturday night.

However, T&T’s enthusiasm and excitement, after going toe-to-toe with “El Tricolor” and earning a point was somewhat marred by stoppages toward the end of the encounter due to homophobic chants from the crowd with Eve going so far to say that the game should have been stopped and the “Soca Warriors” awarded full points.

The match was temporarily halted by the referee in the 87th and 94th minutes, owing to homophobic chants from a mainly partisan Mexican crowd. Two matches featuring the Mexicans in last month’s CONCACAF Nations League tournament were also delayed for the same reason. “There is no room for that type of behaviour,” Eve fumed.

“I am very disappointed with the comments that were being made. I thought CONCACAF could have taken steps to call off the match, because it was persistent and it didn’t have any Trinidadians in there, so you know it wasn’t our fans behaving in that way and it even extended to threats and death threats and stuff,” adding of the incident, “It is very unfortunate and it has no place in the game I think the tournament organisers should really make an example in this case.”

In terms of the game itself, Eve said they did their homework on the Mexicans and prepared for them in terms of selecting “horses for courses” as was the case with Marvin Phillip starting in the match ahead of Nicklas Frenderup, who started in the previous qualifying matches. “We saw them play and the guys executed the game-plan to a T. I am very proud of what we did tonight and it only augers well going forward for us,” said Eve.

“I think we’ve refocussed the team. We basically have a lot of local players and a lot of unattached players in the squad tonight but the staff really came together and we analysed the game the Mexicans played against Nigeria and we came up with a game plan to counter what they were doing,” he explained.

“I thought they would have changed something in the second half, but they kept doing exactly what we thought they would have done, so we were pretty comfortable throughout the game and at the end we actually got one of the sucker punches that we thought we would have gotten with the kid up in the front, but he did not keep his composure,” he added.

Eve also noted that T&T had to be “physically technical” in the match, frustrating Mexico and trying to hit them on the counter. “I am really excited because we knew coming into the tournament that we would have to meet Mexico at some stage, so we prepared for that. People say I played eight defenders (but) I played 11 footballers.

“We had eight players on the pitch who were locally-based and haven’t played a game for a year-and-a-half and I knew our legs were not as good as most teams, so we have to be physically technical in cutting down the amount of times the players had to run, keeping the lines very compact and we thought we stifled the Mexicans from playing their natural game and we tried to hit them with a sucker punch on the break with Reon Moore,” Eve pointed out.

“Mexico has a lot of players playing in the top leagues so what we decided to do was we picked more defenders in the squad with Mexico in mind, because we thought we would have reached the group stage. We picked a squad that we knew could be flexible to play different types of systems if need be,” he explained.

In terms of the choice of Phillip to start the game, Eve said: “I have full faith in all of the guys and Marvin (Phillip) is no different. It is a case of what we call horses for courses and we thought Marvin was best suited for this game. It is about the tactical structure of the team in going forward at the time what type of game that we are playing,”

“Credit to the guys and the staff. The overall attitude of the team is fantastic and we are trying to keep the players’ feet on the ground right now. This is only my third game at the international level and I am learning. It is a learning process for all of us and we just have to take it one game at a time,” Eve concluded.

T&T have a couple days to plan before tackling El Salvador at the Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas, on Wednesday while Mexico’s next opponents will be Guatemala on the same day at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Eve: Soca Warriors should have been awarded win after discriminatory comments
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday)

INTERIM head coach of the national men’s senior football team Angus Eve felt that T&T should have been awarded the Concacaf Gold Cup match against Mexico at the AT&T Stadium on Saturday after fans howled discriminatory comments.

The officials were forced to stop the contest three times during the match held in Dallas, Texas. The crowd, filled with Mexican fans, grew more hostile in the second half.

T&T pulled off an unlikely 0-0 draw.

Eve, asked if the match should have been stopped and T&T awarded the match because of homophobic chants, said, “I think after the first one maybe not, but it was three occasions…probably yes (it should have been stopped) because we need to stamp these kind of behaviours out of sport. I thought after the third time he had to stop the match I think that we should have gotten the game.”

Speaking more about the crowd’s actions, Eve said, “I think they were supporting their team, (but) probably they went a bit far.”

Eve, who said he would like to see T&T fans supporting with passion, believes it is possible that only a small percentage of supporters spoiled it for everyone.

“I don’t want to cast any aspersions on the crowd. They were here to support and it is not probably everybody who did it. Some people probably got a bit carried away.

“We wanted to take the crowd out of the game because this is like a home game for Mexico. We probably had five people in the stands…I don’t want to cast aspersions on everyone out there, but it is unfortunate when some people bring the game into disrepute.”

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2021, 06:17:53 PM »
CONCACAF should also review the comments made by Funes Mori to the Mexican media. He made comments about the referee that mirror what Messi was sanctioned for by CONMEBOL. If Messi could be sanctioned, who de arse is Funes Mori?

Messi:

Creo que nosotros no tenemos que ser parte de esta corrupción, de la falta de respeto que se nos hizo durante toda esta Copa".

Se cansaron de cobrar boludeces durante toda la Copa América y hoy no le cobraron un penal a Otamendi. Es para analizarlo. Ojalá que la Conmebol haga algo, porque nosotros hicimos un sacrificio enorme. Igualmente, no creo que haga nada porque maneja todo Brasil.

... Lamentablemente la corrupción, los árbitros y todo eso no permiten que la gente disfrute del show. Por lo que dije capaz que me pasó factura y (el juez) fue mandado. No hay duda: lamentablemente, esta Copa está armada para Brasil.

Funes Mori:

El árbitro fue el que desesperó a la gente. Hay jugadas especificas que no marcó bien y eso en el ojo de la gente la desesperó y vinieron esas manifestaciones.

Genera que la gente haga ese grito. Todo eso lo generó el árbitro. Hay jugadas específicas que no marcó bien, eso ocasionó el enojo de la gente.

Era un penalti más grande que una casa. A veces los árbitros no están capacitados para estos partidos.

Son ellos los que generan el enojo de la gente. Esperamos que por favor puedan hacer algo para que pongan árbitros que sí estén capacitados.

That's a composite of their respective statements. It's not necessarily the order in which they said what they said ... just what they said in some order that I've cut and pasted hastily.
Can't be bothered to translate the comments, but you can do so if motivated.

The point is both maligned the officiating and so far Funes Mori has NOT attracted the attention of CONCACAF.

And if CONCACAF wants to demonstrate its worth and integrity and consistency it should address this ... and the NC/TTFA should render comment (won't hold my breath!).

Also, the Mexican federation's call to CONCACAF to protect its players is laced in stereotype and the FMF's not so latent desire to transition to CONMEBOL. On top of that, the stereotype (Caribbean players does break up ppl) is being disguised via insisting that the referee was in error.

Not done yet: this takes me back to JJ's goal ruled offside during WC qualification versus Mexico. Our federation said nothing. The Mexican federation had the tables been reversed would have been vigorously back channeling that conversation. Prestige in CONCACAF does not come merely through what occurs on the field of play but also by how difficult conversations are managed.

I could say more but will leave that there.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 07:16:45 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FIFA, Concacaf to act on death threats, racism to T&T players
« Reply #175 on: July 12, 2021, 06:35:30 PM »
FIFA, Concacaf to act on death threats, racism to T&T players
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

Football's world governing body FIFA and the Confederation of North, Central America and the Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF), are set to deal with issues of death threats, racism and attempts to physically harm directed to members of the T&T football team at the ongoing CONCACAF Gold Cup in the United States.

Angry Mexican fans hurled racial slurs and threw bottles at the T&T players during a Group A encounter between T&T and Mexico at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, USA on Saturday. This situation was further exacerbated by a clash between Mexican winger Hirving 'Chucky' Lozano, goalkeeper Marvin Phillip and defender Alvin Jones at the end of the first half which resulted in Lozano being rushed to the hospital with a suspected injury to the head.

The game ended in a goalless draw as coach Angus Eve employed a counter-attacking strategy that, not only frustrated the tournament's defending champions, but prevented them from scoring.

Eve, yesterday confirmed to Guardian Media Sports that because of death threats to him and his players- Phillip and Jones, there has been heightened police presence at the hotel where the team is currently based.

The T&T Football Association has since reacted to this development by writing to both FIFA and the CONCACAF and has since received a promise that something will be done about it soon, the coach said.

Eve, a former national player, did not have this experience during his five years of playing for T&T at the Gold Cup, and in reliving the horrifying experience said they were outnumbered in terms of support at the stadium. However, the Mexican fans became very angry when their team could not score, so they started chanting racial slurs, throwing bottles at the players on the touchline and even shouted death threats.

"I must admit that I felt a bit bad for my players, and though there would normally be a police presence at our hotel, there was a heightened presence because of the death threats," Eve explained.

Eve in the post-match interview said the match was stopped three times because of the crowd's behaviour, noting: "At the third time I felt the referee should have stopped the match and awarded it to us because we have to stamp out this type of behaviour in the game."

To date, the T&TFA football page has been littered with threats and abuse from Mexican fans, with many also directed to Jones and Phillip. Phillip has since apologised to Lozano, saying there was definitely no intention to cause harm and later wished the Mexican player a speedy recovery.

On Sunday, Guardian Media Sports got a glimpse of some of the things that were said on the TTFA football page. Among the comments were: " Y'all some of the nastiest people I've ever seen play soccer. Y'all just go against Mexico to try and injure them. We're starting a petition to lick y'all out of the Gold Cup. Y'all aren't worth it"; "y'all some hoes for what cha did to Chucky Lozano"; "You will pay for Chucky Lozano you monkeys,".

On Monday, the president of the T&T Olympic Committee Brian Lewis, said he was angry when he heard about it initially.

Lewis who is also chairman of the Sport Integrity Global Alliance as well as the Gender Race-Inclusion and Diversity Standing Committee said: "What I was told it was trolling, but obviously it was racist, outright racism, the term used, the 'N' word, monkeys.

We can't hide from it, the fact that it is something that I have raised on more than one occasion, about the issue of racism in global sport. In April the T&TOC joined a boycott of social media for a weekend in protest of racism, racial activities taking place on social media. So I was initially angry because even though you're aware of it when it happens in an open way, it is triggering."

Meanwhile, a news release from the TTFA on Monday states: "The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association strongly condemns the discriminatory actions, racist comments and threatening messages directed at our players, staff, supporters and country following the Senior Men's National Team 0-0 result versus Mexico on 10th July 2021. Discrimination and racism have no part in our game and our society. Official reports have been lodged with CONCACAF and we are working with them to ensure that the safety and wellbeing of the team is maintained. These actions are rooted in division, so it is paramount that we unite to stamp them out. The Fight Back is Against Racism and Discrimination."

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 12, 2021, 07:32:02 PM »
Other than giving Mexico a loss, what other penalties can Mexico face? From what I understand taking away points is definitely an available option.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2021, 09:59:14 AM »
CONCACAF should also review the comments made by Funes Mori to the Mexican media. He made comments about the referee that mirror what Messi was sanctioned for by CONMEBOL. If Messi could be sanctioned, who de arse is Funes Mori?

Messi:

Creo que nosotros no tenemos que ser parte de esta corrupción, de la falta de respeto que se nos hizo durante toda esta Copa".

Se cansaron de cobrar boludeces durante toda la Copa América y hoy no le cobraron un penal a Otamendi. Es para analizarlo. Ojalá que la Conmebol haga algo, porque nosotros hicimos un sacrificio enorme. Igualmente, no creo que haga nada porque maneja todo Brasil.

... Lamentablemente la corrupción, los árbitros y todo eso no permiten que la gente disfrute del show. Por lo que dije capaz que me pasó factura y (el juez) fue mandado. No hay duda: lamentablemente, esta Copa está armada para Brasil.

Funes Mori:

El árbitro fue el que desesperó a la gente. Hay jugadas especificas que no marcó bien y eso en el ojo de la gente la desesperó y vinieron esas manifestaciones.

Genera que la gente haga ese grito. Todo eso lo generó el árbitro. Hay jugadas específicas que no marcó bien, eso ocasionó el enojo de la gente.

Era un penalti más grande que una casa. A veces los árbitros no están capacitados para estos partidos.

Son ellos los que generan el enojo de la gente. Esperamos que por favor puedan hacer algo para que pongan árbitros que sí estén capacitados.

That's a composite of their respective statements. It's not necessarily the order in which they said what they said ... just what they said in some order that I've cut and pasted hastily.
Can't be bothered to translate the comments, but you can do so if motivated.

The point is both maligned the officiating and so far Funes Mori has NOT attracted the attention of CONCACAF.

And if CONCACAF wants to demonstrate its worth and integrity and consistency it should address this ... and the NC/TTFA should render comment (won't hold my breath!).

Also, the Mexican federation's call to CONCACAF to protect its players is laced in stereotype and the FMF's not so latent desire to transition to CONMEBOL. On top of that, the stereotype (Caribbean players does break up ppl) is being disguised via insisting that the referee was in error.

Not done yet: this takes me back to JJ's goal ruled offside during WC qualification versus Mexico. Our federation said nothing. The Mexican federation had the tables been reversed would have been vigorously back channeling that conversation. Prestige in CONCACAF does not come merely through what occurs on the field of play but also by how difficult conversations are managed.

I could say more but will leave that there.

They say Eve trying to get TT into the next round by a technicality. From what I've been reading, Mexico has been disciplined many times. And recently they were penalized by FIFA through fines and to will have to play 2 games without spectators. So the only other penalty they can face now is a direct deduction of points. As the other penalties did not address the problem. Don't be surprised if we are given 3 points

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2021, 12:22:48 PM »
CONCACAF will allow Mexico fans at next match despite anti-gay chant
ESPN.

CONCACAF is "extremely disappointed" but has confirmed fans can attend Mexico's next Gold Cup match against Guatemala despite earlier reports saying the game could have been played behind closed doors due to the reoccurrence of an anti-gay chant from El Tri supporters.

Mexico's scoreless draw against Trinidad and Tobago on Saturday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, was marred by repeated use of the chant, forcing the referee to temporarily halt play in the 87th and 94th minutes.

The chant is often heard at Mexico games when an opposing goalkeeper runs up to take a goal kick.

"CONCACAF is extremely disappointed at the discriminatory language chanted by some Mexico fans during their Gold Cup match against Trinidad and Tobago at AT&T Stadium on Saturday, July 10," the federation said in a statement.

"The 'goalkeeper chant' was heard despite a significant CONCACAF anti-discrimination campaign delivered in recent weeks and extensive efforts by [Mexico's soccer federation] to make clear that it is unacceptable."

CONCACAF also called reports that fans would be barred from Wednesday's game between Mexico and Guatemala at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas "a misunderstanding."

"Despite some reports to the contrary, this match will go ahead as scheduled with fans in attendance. CONCACAF will continue to operate its What's Wrong Is Wrong antidiscrimination campaign and, should it be necessary, will activate protocols which include ejecting fans if they engage in discriminatory behavior and suspending the match," the statement read.

Mexico's soccer federation (FMF) also released a statement condemning the behavior.

"We strongly reject any discriminatory act or conduct and we are calling on all those involved to stop these types of manifestations on and off the field," the statement said.c

FMF president Yon de Luisa had admitted the possibility of Wednesday's game having no fans earlier on Monday.

The chant has been heard at recent games involving Mexico's teams, including at matches vs. the Dominican Republic and the United States during the CONCACAF men's pre-Olympic qualifying tournament in March, which yielded a punishment from FIFA playing its next two official home games behind closed doors.

It is expected that the senior men's national team would serve that punishment in its first two games of World Cup qualifying in September and October. However, FIFA did not specifically state which of Mexico's national teams would do so, opening the door for the senior women's side being forced to serve part of the punishment.

The anti-gay chant in question has been an ongoing issue for the FMF for nearly two decades. Following an initial investigation from FIFA at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, Mexico has been fined 15 times since 2015 for behavior from fans in the stands. An update to FIFA's Disciplinary Code allowed FIFA to levy bigger penalties for repeat offenders, culminating in a potential ban from competitions including the World Cup.

Efforts have been made by the FMF to curb the chant, including a mass media campaign and PSA videos at stadiums before and during national team matches.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 13, 2021, 08:53:27 PM »
CONCACAF will allow Mexico fans at next match despite anti-gay chant
ESPN.

CONCACAF is "extremely disappointed" but has confirmed fans can attend Mexico's next Gold Cup match against Guatemala despite earlier reports saying the game could have been played behind closed doors due to the reoccurrence of an anti-gay chant from El Tri supporters.

Mexico's scoreless draw against Trinidad and Tobago on Saturday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, was marred by repeated use of the chant, forcing the referee to temporarily halt play in the 87th and 94th minutes.

The chant is often heard at Mexico games when an opposing goalkeeper runs up to take a goal kick.

"CONCACAF is extremely disappointed at the discriminatory language chanted by some Mexico fans during their Gold Cup match against Trinidad and Tobago at AT&T Stadium on Saturday, July 10," the federation said in a statement.

"The 'goalkeeper chant' was heard despite a significant CONCACAF anti-discrimination campaign delivered in recent weeks and extensive efforts by [Mexico's soccer federation] to make clear that it is unacceptable."

CONCACAF also called reports that fans would be barred from Wednesday's game between Mexico and Guatemala at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas "a misunderstanding."

"Despite some reports to the contrary, this match will go ahead as scheduled with fans in attendance. CONCACAF will continue to operate its What's Wrong Is Wrong antidiscrimination campaign and, should it be necessary, will activate protocols which include ejecting fans if they engage in discriminatory behavior and suspending the match," the statement read.

It is expected that the senior men's national team would serve that punishment in its first two games of World Cup qualifying in September and October. However, FIFA did not specifically state which of Mexico's national teams would do so, opening the door for the senior women's side being forced to serve part of the punishment.

The anti-gay chant in question has been an ongoing issue for the FMF for nearly two decades. Following an initial investigation from FIFA at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, Mexico has been fined 15 times since 2015 for behavior from fans in the stands. An update to FIFA's Disciplinary Code allowed FIFA to levy bigger penalties for repeat offenders, culminating in a potential ban from competitions including the World Cup.

Am I drunk or did I just read Mexico's women's team could penalized for the behaviours surrounding the men's games? This can't be official FIFA policy?

The more they allow these degenerates to brush off their 'warnings' the more entitled and emboldened they will become. CONCACAF has to take decisive corrective action before things spiral out of control and a player or official is hurt or worse. Or risk revealing to the world what a spineless hypocritical organization they are.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 08:55:27 PM by ZANDOLIE »

1]; } ?>