March 29, 2024, 03:09:18 AM

Author Topic: Reon Moore Thread  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Reon Moore Thread
« on: April 21, 2020, 06:09:14 AM »
Defence Force’s Moore recalls winning first Pro League title
By Narissa Fraser (T&T Newsday)

“Believe in yourself and believe in what you can do,” is the mantra of 23-year-old Defence Force footballer Reon Moore.

The winger has been playing the sport for approximately 15 years and began his senior, professional career in 2017. He started off with North East Stars and eventually moved to his current club, where he was able to cop his first T&T Pro League title in 2020. It was the club’s fourth title as they ended the season with 42 points from 17 games (13 wins, three draws, one defeat). They were declared champions in March as the season could not continue owing to the covid19 pandemic.

Trailing were Terminix La Horquetta Rangers (35 points), Point Fortin Civic (28 points) and dethroned title-holders W Connection (27 points). Asked how the transition was, Moore told Newsday, “The main thing for me was coming from the recruit training and coming back to play. It was a bit difficult at the start, but the senior boys helped me along the way and in the end, we had a good season.”

He said the relationship between the players is “tremendous,” adding that sometimes, not even the coaches may fully understand the dynamic of it. “From day one, I was welcomed with open arms. They treated me like I was there with them from the start.”

He said he expected the win so he wasn’t surprised but, “It felt great winning the league for the first time, was expecting it a season or two before but I felt great for the victory.” He said he and his team-mates keep each other motivated by speaking to each other and enforcing positive reaffirmation.

He said throughout the season, he tried his best to step up when his team needed him the most. And asked which areas he seeks to improve on, he said: “Defensively, I need to be a little more aware.”

In 2018, he made his national debut after being called up by former men’s senior team head coach Dennis Lawrence.

He said he was grateful for the opportunity to represent T&T at the highest level.

“I was at a loss for words, I was jubilant.

“I knew I was gonna get the call because of my performances throughout the season. Then I went to the training and everything went well there.”

Some local players he looks up to are Jorsling, Keron Cummings, and Anthony Wolfe. He said their love and respect for the sport inspired him. Internationally, he looks up to Barcelona’s Lionel Messi, who he described as a “true team player. “I took a couple of pages from those guys’ books. And I thought if I trained myself as they did, I’d be able to make the national team.”

And so said, so done. In fact, his mantra is actually based on some advice given to him by Jorsling years ago. He added that discipline is 100 per cent necessary for any professional footballer.

“Sometimes you play tonight at 8pm then you have a recovery in the morning for 7am. So sometimes it’s a bit hostile but the love and the discipline carry you a long way.”

He said military duties have been helping him keep fit amid the pandemic. And when it comes to mental health, he said, “Everything is fine with me, just following the procedures.”

He said he is looking forward to being called up to the national team again, and he hopes he can assist with the team’s journey of returning to winning ways, and hopefully qualify for the 2022 World Cup.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Reon Moore Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 01:46:33 PM »
Double Dose - Moore ready to keep on firing

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tS40vADAoYc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tS40vADAoYc</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Reon Moore Thread
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 01:47:41 PM »
Reon Moore: I'm just getting started

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iya_9D2vOoM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iya_9D2vOoM</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Moore: Some footballers seeing hell without Pro League
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 11:50:12 AM »
Moore: Some footballers seeing hell without Pro League
By Stephon Nicholas (T&T Newsday)

SITTING in the pavilion at the Ojoe Road Recreation Ground in Sangre Grande on Thursday, Defence Force footballer Reon Moore, one of the most promising local-based players, lamented the stagnancy of the game in Trinidad and Tobago.

The Pro League, and all other contact sports leagues locally, remains a casualty of the covid19 pandemic since March 2020. The restrictions to prevent the spread of the virus have hurt the economy and proved detrimental for citizens who choose sport as a career.

In a press conference on October 17, the Prime Minister reiterated that the Government is not yet ready to reopen the sporting sector.

But there appears to be some softening of the stance as the national women’s team was allowed to host two friendly matches against Panama at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva on October 21 and 25.

Moore and football enthusiasts around the country are hoping the Pro League can kick off once more.

The Sangre Grande native, who shone for T&T at the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup, scoring three goals, including two in the qualifiers, said he is grateful to be a member of the Defence Force as he has seen how some of his peers are struggling in the absence of club football.

“To be honest, life right now for some players is back to hell – poverty.

“They have no source of income, no football going on, everything at a standstill. You can’t go and get jobs easily, the economy slow. Some players have it real tough,” he said.

Moore said the lack of local football will affect the national team as match fitness is crucial on the international stage.

“In the (Gold Cup) tournament it showed. The lack of football had an impact. I just want the relevant authorities to try to get the football back and up running so the country can get back to where it once was in football.”

Moore said he understands the importance of the health protocols but feels a formula can be devised for football to be played in a safe environment.

“Yeah, I think once we go about the rules and regulations of the covid19 and don’t bend it, the league can be up and running and no one can be affected by the virus.”

Proud to be from Sangre Grande

Moore, whose dream is to play abroad, remains passionate about football in Sangre Grande and feels proud to represent the northeast region.

“It means the world to me. Since Anthony Wolfe and Collin Samuel up in the northeast, we haven’t had a player in the national senior team, so it means a lot.”

Asked if he feels like a local celebrity now, Moore said, “People don’t treat me different. It’s just the same love and respect.”

He said there are a lot of players in Sangre Grande who have the talent to be successful, but just not the opportunity.

Talking animatedly as he mentioned a couple of names, Moore is hoping to help them realise their potential.

Looking at the Ojoe Road field, with overgrown grass, and a mossy jogging track, Moore called for better maintenance of the field. Nevertheless, he said the ground brought back fond memories.

“This takes me back to age six, anywhere around there, where my football career started. It means a lot to me and my family because this is the ground where I first nurtured my talent. I played for North East Stars, Matura Reunited, Sangre Grande Secondary on this very ground.”

The 25-year-old, who made his debut under former national coach Dennis “Tallest” Lawrence, trained under successor Terry Fenwick but was surprisingly absent from his final squads.

“Yeah, I was quite disappointed not making the final cut but I had no control over it.

“I stayed motivated by praying, working hard and knowing I had to do this for my family.”

He said he was not surprised when he got a call from new national coach Angus Eve.

“From the last Pro League to now, I am the leading goalscorer, most assists. It was inevitable to get the call. I just know once I get my chance again I was taking it with both hands. I just want to seal my spot and be a player for the next five to ten years.”

Moore said his family remains his source of inspiration.

“Meh family means a lot to me. Meh mom, meh dad and meh brother, four of us live together. They mean a lot to me from small; growing up, things been tough with us and now we can see a little light at the end of the tunnel.

“One day we will be where we want to be. They always give me that support, even though they can’t come to the games they will give me calls, give me that love, and I appreciate it.”

Maiden T&T goal was planned

Recalling his maiden international goal against Montserrat, Moore said the goal, which was assisted by fellow substitute Duane Muckette, was drawn up between the pair on the sidelines.

“When coach send me and Muckette to warm up, Muckette said as soon as he pick it up to make the run and he will give it to meh. Just as we say it in the sideline, just so it happen in the game. I just seized the opportunity and words can’t really express the feeling of scoring your first international goal.”

Although being showered with praise on social media and from friends and family, Moore remembers some advice he received.

“Everybody was happy for me, knowing the kind of work I does put in and seeing it actually pay off. They tell me embrace the moment and continue working hard because what you do today already done – yuh gotta keep doing it.”

Moore was elated to see Eve, his former coach at North East Stars, retained as national men’s coach by the T&T Football Association normalisation committee.

“I think Angus Eve is a great coach. He took me when I finish secondary school, at North East Stars, and he started nurturing and developing my career.

“Seeing the short space of time he had to get us qualified to the Gold Cup, I think he did a tremendous job to get the men motivated and fired up to perform because the football was on a low. He did tremendous for the country, for the local coaches, the players and for himself.”

Moore believes being a member of the Defence Force, the reigning Pro League champions, has helped him become a better footballer.

“I’d like to say thanks to T&T Defence Force for allowing me to play football at the highest level – for believing in me, nurturing me. Getting my first senior call-up as a Defence Force player, I think they have had a great impact in my life. I would recommend any young person to join the Defence Force”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 02:38:23 PM »
Warrior Profile: Reon wants more from TT 12th man
By David Scarlett (T&T Newsday)

NATIONAL footballer Reon Moore is calling on local football fans to be their 12th man, as the Angus Eve-coached team gets ready to host Guatemala in a crucial Concacaf Nations League Group A game at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo on Friday.

Last year, a video of a Eve from the national team dressing room went viral with the coach pointing to a clipboard and shouting, "Reon Moore, ah want f------ more."

Minus the expletive, Moore is calling for full support from the public as the team seeks to get three points against Guatemala to qualify for the Concacaf Nations League quarterfinals, and take one step closer to booking a spot in the prestigious 2024 Copa America.

Moore, 27, told Newsday, “We have a good chance (of qualifying for Copa America and the World Cup) because some of us are young in age and we have some great senior players looking over us and guiding us. I, personally, think we can do it.

“I would say to the fans: every time you come out and give us a boost, we do well. So I’m saying to continue coming out and be our 12th man, and the reward will be a victory. Love you guys.”

The Defence Force striker has netted five goals in 22 appearances for T&T and is known for his direct approach, clinical finishing and tremendous work rate off the ball.

Moore made his international debut in an unofficial friendly match against Guadeloupe in March 2018. His first official match came against Panama in a friendly a month later and he made his competitive debut in the 2021 Gold Cup prelims against Montserrat, where he netted two goals off the bench in a 6-1 victory. He also scored against Guatemala in a 1-1 draw in the group stage.

At club level, the pacey striker began his career at North East Stars in 2015 and moved to Matura ReUnited a year later. In 2017, he then earned a transfer to Defence Force – TT’s most successful club – where he scored nine goals.

In 2022, he secured his first move abroad, moving to Guatemalan club CSD Municipal on a free transfer. However, his stint away did not go as he planned as he failed to score in six appearances for the club, and he returned to Defence Force ahead of the first season of the T&T Premier Football League (TTPFL) in 2023.

On his return to his beloved club, he now has 19 goals for the Teteron Boys, including two goals in the Concacaf Caribbean Cup. He was instrumental in his team winning the TTPFL and had a Player-of-the-Match performance in the final of the TTPFL Cup, which Defence Force also won.

Moore expressed his delight in winning the domestic double and said, “I’m very happy for the double. It’s been a while now that the team has been together and we’re doing well. I’m really grateful and proud we claimed glory this year.”

“I also want to say thanks to the Defence Force for helping me to reach the best playing level of my career. They moulded me into the person I am today.”

He said the TTPFL benefited the local-based players who are fitter and match-ready for national selection.

On his first move abroad, he said: “Municipal was a great experience for me. When I arrived, I felt welcomed and loved by all. The football was also good for about three months. We then had a change of coach and things did not go well footballing-wise, but I love the club. The owners and I also have a great relationship.”

He recalled his national debut as "one of my proudest moments yet, because it was always a boyhood dream that actually came to pass.”

Moore added that he has a good relationship with Eve, who introduced him to professional football at North East Stars. He said Eve is a “father figure” to him.

Moore, who hails from Sangre Grande, said he is a very reserved person, and he takes the love from the fans as well as criticism with a pinch of salt. He said he uses it to improve his game and life off the pitch.

The Soca Warriors were underwhelming at the 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup, a tournament where Moore was surprisingly absent. Moore described his non-selection as “bitter-sweet” and “disappointing”, but he was “happy that someone else got an opportunity."

Now, ahead of the upcoming Concacaf Nations League matches, the Soca Warriors lead Group A with six points having won their first two matches against Curaçao and El Salvador. The current squad is significantly younger than the one that bowed out of last summer’s Gold Cup, but they have been grinding out results as a more cohesive unit.

“I think the youths are more hungry and eager to do well and to make a better life for themselves,” Moore said. “We just have to build on the great start we have made and I believe that the rest will be history for us.”

He continued, “My goal is to continue doing well for club and country. Hopefully, (I will be able to) get another opportunity to play abroad.”

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2024, 12:31:14 AM »
Transferred to Pacific Fc in the CPL
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 07:29:32 AM by Trini _2026 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2024, 04:46:32 AM »
Thank you!

The CPL has been very kind to TT football.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2024, 12:09:18 PM »
Bless up man! Keep working hard, many miles to go but a significant milestone on the journey.  :beermug: I love a lot of your attributes as an attacking player - burst of speed, good follow up, intelligent runs. Please hunger to learn more and round off your game. You and Telfer do great for T&T.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2024, 10:54:57 AM »
Congrats to him. He has all the attributes of a classic big center forward, buss up dey net.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2024, 03:38:32 PM »
Pacific FC Signs Striker Reon Moore: Trinidad and Tobago International joins Tridents on a two-year guaranteed contract
Pacific FC

Pacific FC today announced the signing of Trinidad and Tobago international Reon Moore on a two-year guaranteed contract, with a club option for the 2026 Canadian Premier League (CPL) season.

The striker, 27, is a veteran of the Trinidad and Tobago men’s national team, the Soca Warriors, which he has represented on 25 occasions, scoring eight goals. He has played professionally, predominantly in his home country, since 2016.

“Reon comes to Pacific with ambition and a clear focus on his football,” said James Merriman, Head Coach, Pacific FC. “He’s scoring goals at the international level consistently and this comes down to his strong mentality.”

Moore made his debut for Trinidad and Tobago in March 2021 in a friendly against Guadeloupe. He has since gone on to play for his country in such competitions as the 2021 Gold Cup and the 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 iterations of the Concacaf Nations League. Moore netted three goals and added an assist over five 2023-2024 Nations League games last year, including scoring the equalizer in an upset of the United States in November. Moore will play against Canada in a one-match play-in series to qualify for the 2024 Copa America on March 23rd, 2024 in Fresco, Texas.

He will get his first taste of professional soccer in Canada with Pacific after eight years in the pro game. The 6-foot native of Sangre Grande, Trinidad and Tobago has spent nearly his entire club career to date in the TT Premier Football League (TTPFL), representing the likes of North East Stars F.C., and Matura ReUnited before moving on to Defence Force in 2017. Moore competed with Defence Force until 2022, when he made a brief move to Guatemalan side CSD Municipal, where he made six appearances before returning to Defence Force. Moore finished the 2023 season with Defence Force in style, helping the team win the double by claiming league title and the TTPFL Knockout Cup.

“Reon will add presence to our group and continue to grow in his leadership,” said Merriman.

Moore will lead Pacific FC’s attack alongside Ayman Sellouf, Adonijah Reid, Dario Zanatta and Josh Heard during the 2024 CPL season. Pacific will open its 2024 season at Starlight Stadium on Saturday, April 13 at 4 p.m. PT against Halifax Wanderers FC.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2024, 10:16:56 AM »
‘He’s consistently scored goals’: Pacific FC sign Trinidad & Tobago international striker Reon Moore
By Mitchell Tierney (canpl.ca)

Goalscoring has always been a central part of Pacific FC’s identity.

Over the past three Canadian Premier League regular seasons combined no club has found the back of the net more than the Tridents. It is a key reason why Pacific has reached the playoffs in each of those campaigns, winning it all in 2021.

On Friday, the club announced the signing of the latest player they hope will help to carry on that scoring tradition, Trinidad and Tobago international striker Reon Moore. The 27-year-old joins Pacific FC on a two-year deal, with a club option for the 2026 campaign.

Moore has spent the better part of the past eight years playing for Defence Force in the Trinidad and Tobago Premier Football League, with his time playing in his country’s top division briefly interrupted by a short stint with Guatemalan club Municipal in 2022. He was recently a standout player with Defence Force in the Concacaf Caribbean Cup, scoring two goals, including one against Concacaf Champions Cup side Cavalier SC, and adding an assist.

After doing the domestic double with Defence Force this past season, winning the league and the Knockout Cup, however, he felt he needed a new challenge. In pursuit of his footballing dreams, he is departing the Caribbean islands he calls home for Vancouver Island this coming season.

“I think for me it’s just a new adventure in my football career,” Moore told CanPL.ca, later adding, “I’ve been with Defence Force for like eight years now, and have won everything two or three times now. So I think it’s time for me to move on in my football career, and I think the CPL is the right place for me at this point in time.”

The move comes after a year where not only did Moore have significant success with his club, but for his country as well. He scored four times for the Trinidad and Tobago national team in 2023, including during a stunning 2-1 victory over the United States at home back in November. Moore now has 8 goals in 25 caps for the Soca Warriors, and says he enjoys the pressure of the international audience that tunes in to national team matches. These exploits certainly caught the Tridents’ attention.

“He’s consistently scored goals in Trinidad,” said Pacific FC head coach James Merriman. “He’s showing that he can step up. He’s really, really humble, he’s a great character, a great personality, he’s ambitious, he still has big goals for himself because he’s always been in the military as well in Trinidad, so he’s got a really unique story. Football is his love, and what he has started to have success with. I think now he’s going to focus on that and see what he can do with football. I think we are getting him at a perfect time to come to our club.”

As Merriman alluded to, Reon Moore’s historic club in Trinidad, Defence Force, is composed of members of the country’s army and coast guard, in which Moore served. While at times those commitments took him away from fully focusing on his football, he believes they have been critical to forming his character.

“The military, the mindset is good for me, and also I can help carry that to the team, so we can be more focused on the task at hand this season,” said Moore.

On the pitch, Merriman says Moore is different from all of the other strikers Pacific have had. What he particularly likes is the way Moore combines a tireless work rate with a demonstrated ability to score goals. When asked about what attributes he will bring to the Island in 2024, Moore is slightly more coy.

“I think my strength is working strictly and strongly for the team, in any way possible,” said Moore, before adding with a laugh, “but I don’t want to give out too much information right now so that the opponents won’t be able to study.”

The striker position was a key off-season need for Pacific FC, who said goodbye to Djenairo Daniels and Easton Ongaro in January. Despite scoring the second most goals in the league this past season, 42 in total, the club felt not enough of those came from the men leading the line. Those goals also dried up significantly during a tempestuous second half of the season, with Pacific scoring just 20 times in their final 17 matches of 2023, including the playoffs. Daniels and Ongaro combined for just three goals during that stretch.

“There were some difficult decisions, difficult conversations obviously,” said Merriman, “but we felt that we were consistently getting into the spaces that we needed to get into, we created the most chances in the league and at the beginning of the season we were scoring but we were scoring by committee, and everyone was chipping in. We never really had one or two players step up and hit that 10-15 goals mark which that’s what we were looking for in terms of a striker.”

The ambitious Moore doesn’t shy away from this target. In fact, he sets his personal standards for success even higher.

“My goals for this season, is personally for me, score about 15-20 goals and for the team it’s to win the championship, so we can qualify for Concacaf,” he said.

No Pacific player has come close to that sort of tally since 2022 CPL Golden Boot winner Alejandro Díaz departed the club for Norway midway through that campaign. The Tridents have struggled to fill the Mexican’s goalscoring boots since, but Moore certainly believes he could be the answer.

Before he steps onto the pitch for Pacific, however, Canadian soccer fans could get a chance to see him in action on March 23 during a massive 2024 Copa America play-in match between Moore’s Trinidad and Tobago and the Canadian men’s national team. The winner in that match not only gets a spot in that tournament, but in the competition’s opening match against 2022 World Cup winners Argentina, and presumably Lionel Messi.

Moore could not be more excited for that match, and the opportunity it brings to showcase his birth nation’s talent and quality to the country he will now call his football home this season.

“I’m really happy for that, because when we go to play Canada on the 23rd everyone will be focusing on me, and there are a lot of other guys on the team who are good as well,” said Moore, “[It’s] an opportunity for other guys who are looking to making get a move [to a new team].”

The Trinidad and Tobago flag has been flown proudly in the Canadian Premier League since its inception. Be it the league’s first-ever goalscorer Ryan Telfer, a national team teammate of Moore’s who recently returned to the league to sign with the Halifax Wanderers, club captain in Halifax Andre Rampersad, Atlético Ottawa’s Malcolm Shaw, or 2020 CPL Golden Boot winner Akeem Garcia.

Now Pacific FC is banking on Reon Moore adding his name to that storied list this coming season.

1]; } ?>