March 29, 2024, 09:07:29 AM

Author Topic: Men's U-20 Football Team Thread.  (Read 71446 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Men's U-20 Football Team Thread.
« Reply #720 on: February 28, 2024, 05:03:34 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xt4v-XzmSDs&amp;t=696s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xt4v-XzmSDs&amp;t=696s</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 28, 2024, 05:19:27 PM »
Haynes: “I could have prepared better!” T&T coach discusses Canada defeat
Vidia Ramphal

Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Under-20 Team head coach Brian Haynes admitted that his players were not fully prepared for their do-or-die Concacaf U-20 Qualifier against Canada on Tuesday night at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The young Soca Warriors were soundly beaten 3-0 by Canada, who will now advance to the 2024 Concacaf U-20 Championships in Mexico from 19 July to 4.

https://wired868.com/2024/02/28/haynes-i-could-have-prepared-better-tt-coach-discusses-canada-defeat/
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 28, 2024, 06:56:12 PM »
I object to his comments regarding Anton's screening of players and endorsing of the method. Brian Haynes was passionate about coaching the U20 team and was eager to share his expertise at a high level. The TTFA's way of evaluating local players in Trinidad and Tobago must be reconsidered. I am extremely disappointed with the result. I wanted to watch the game, but unfortunately, it was quite challenging to access as the US channel was demanding. It was brought to my attention that the center-back (captain) played poorly. I wonder if he could control and command the back four and the holding midfielders on the field.

In the future, the coach can choose players by evaluating their talent and abilities, so that he can place them in the suitable position.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 29, 2024, 12:31:10 PM »
what I does cyah take is the blowing smoke up we ass, so i ent even watching those comments. Canada was LEVELS above us, clear as day to anybody who have eyes to see. Only Cardines look like he belong on the same field as CAN U-20. Glad youth got the Senior call up too. Bless up!!

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 29, 2024, 03:46:59 PM »
@ madness, the captain was poor from the first game even though he scored. Some say he's Shawn Cooper son that why he on the team. I'm not sure if that's true or not but by the way he played I have to believe that the only reason that kid made this team, he was extremely poor, very slow and seem to not care too much h. @ kounty Cardines is levels ahead of this team but Angus said he had to leave due to club commitments but he would have been on the national seniors. As for Chaves I wasn't that impressed with him to suggest he's ready for the senior team step up but we'll see how that plays out. Coach says the team was picked for him so let's see if he's retained to coach the U23s leading up to 2028 Olympics and how he does scouting and selecting his own players

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 29, 2024, 04:53:16 PM »
Tired of T&T's low standards. Comfortable with mediocrity. Excuses at every turn.
Let me tell allyuh right now. T&T could forget about qualifying for any world cup as long as they continue to operate like a pick up, fet match squad.

What in the world is Eve doing leading T&T Senior men's team? Are we even halfway serious?

Haynes disappointed bigtime. I heard so much about him and was excited he was called in to lead our U20s. But listening to his press conferences, it was clear that he lacks what it takes to be a winner. Nice guy? Sure. Winner? Hit and miss.

Eve simply eh ready.

Meh tongue bleeding from biting it soooo long. There got it out.

Bless up.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 29, 2024, 06:45:41 PM »
We look at player who get call to our national team now 5th division Denmark player  etc

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 03, 2024, 08:29:11 AM »
been saying for over ten years now on this site that modernizing coaching techniques and practices readily available to anybody who can watch read and understand, yet Trinidad football remains this monolith of d same exploitable deficiencies for decades now that any and all teams have learned to and will always exploit. is always d same shit.......no unit play(team defense\attack), no pressing only cowardly backing off, no link up, no defenders that actually good on d ball, hundreds ah yards ah space between we lines ........no conditioning because we doh do dat and because we play slow ass football in we leagues when tempo raise we wilt.............

I jus lost d enthusiasm for TT football because d script is always d same........we not even consistent in CFU no more because we coaching like 1986 in f**king 2024.......I jus fed uo
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 04, 2024, 08:23:22 AM »
Lost in transition
By Fazeer Mohammed (T&T Express)

Every weekday afternoon in the Aranjuez Savannah, as I am sure prevails in most open green spaces throughout the country, there are several groups of youngsters (mostly male, but a few females as well) going through football drills with the guidance of their coaches.

In this specific case there are at least six groups, ranging in age from primary school level to what looks like Under-20s, and there appears to be no lack of effort and enthusiasm notwithstanding the blistering heat, which mercifully eases off as sunset approaches.

Even when the formal proceedings are over and the cones and other paraphernalia are packed away, there are always at least a handful who stay back to do their own thing under the floodlights.

Give some a chance and it looks like they will keep at it until the next proper training session gets underway the following afternoon.

So where does all that energy go when it’s time to wear the national colours? Is it an attitude issue? Or maybe a reflection of the nation’s poor work ethic?

Are our coaches at fault in failing to motivate their charges and maximise the obvious potential? Are they implementing systems and styles of play which are inherently deficient?

In the aftermath of the thoroughly lacklustre showing of the home side in their decisive final game of CONCACAF group qualification last Tuesday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, I had initially intended to focus on the comments of head coach Brian Haynes, both before and after that 3-0 loss to Canada.

However, Haynes is not really the issue here, even if some of his utterances make no sense at all.

There have been many different coaches across the age-group levels and the senior team – both male and female – before him and doubtless there will be many to follow him, presiding over performances which all have a common thread: lack of consistent pace, failing to put opponents under pressure in their own half of the pitch, giving up possession too easily, defence all over the place, and fatigue later in the game leading to more errors as concentration and cohesion go out the window.

Of course there are exceptions, yet these are so few and so very far between as to prove the rule, which is that talent and skill alone can never compensate for serious deficiencies in discipline and work-rate.

In the days when audiences in excess of 15,000 per night routinely attended such tournaments —so no-one was caught unawares and fans had to be locked out despite 13,000 empty seats— the likes of Dwight Yorke, Russell Latapy and Clint Marcelle provided considerable thrills and excitement.

Yet the results were essentially the same and we were all left to wonder what could have been.

Almost 40 years later we are hardly stirred by such disappointments because in the same way that taking in news of multiple murders overnight is as much of a morning routine as doubles, papers and coconut water, our level of desensitisation is such that the latest sporting setback prompts little more than a “what-you-go-do?” shoulder shrug.

So how do you break this cycle of dysfunction to give the next generation of aspiring footballers a better than fighting chance of not only fulfilling their potential but taking the national game to another level where world-class standards of fitness and an uncompromising work ethic are non-negotiables? First we have to acknowledge that it is indeed a cycle of dysfunction.

Unfortunately, as with what prevails in wider society in relation to corruption and the disintegration of law and order, there are more than enough powerful and influential people who are content to have things just as they are, and indeed will go to great lengths to ensure the maintenance of the status quo.

It is in this context that next month’s Trinidad and Tobago Football Association election is really an irrelevance, although much attention will be paid on what the contenders are putting on the table and what they are promising to do if elected.

Unless their track record shows a willingness to buck the trend, how is it even possible to anticipate a different type of leadership which may actually put the interest of football and footballers first?

Then again, even if some well-meaning revolutionary were to somehow prevail, there is always FIFA waiting in the wings to wield the big stick and ensure you toe their line or prepare for life without their precious funding and the death-knell of international isolation.

Yet the youngsters will keep on turning up after school for their training drills with most dreaming big dreams.

If only we could collectively lift our heads above selfish agendas we may actually become facilitators of a new status quo and eventually change the storylines from games like the one against Canada.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>