March 28, 2024, 05:36:42 PM

Author Topic: 2021 U-20 Track and Field in Nairobi Kenya  (Read 4033 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2021 U-20 Track and Field in Nairobi Kenya
« on: August 20, 2021, 02:42:31 AM »
Like nobody notice U-20 T&F going on in Nairobi. Just by chance flicking thru the channels that I got it on nbcsports. They are about 8 hrs ahead. A 17 year old JA won the women's 100 in fine style. 11.08. A Namibian yuteman won the men 100. A Grenadian and a Cuban were the Caribbean rep, I think the Cuban came in 3rd. That's all folks.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 U-20 Track and Field in Nairobi Kenya
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 10:25:16 AM »
Like nobody notice U-20 T&F going on in Nairobi. Just by chance flicking thru the channels that I got it on nbcsports. They are about 8 hrs ahead. A 17 year old JA won the women's 100 in fine style. 11.08. A Namibian yuteman won the men 100. A Grenadian and a Cuban were the Caribbean rep, I think the Cuban came in 3rd. That's all folks.

Bro I noticed it. When I seen we send 3 athletes (I believe around 10 had standards), I say wtf going on. Bertrand exited in the semis. The hurdler in the 400m dns. It is starting to get depressing now.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 12:09:59 PM »

Bro I noticed it. When I seen we send 3 athletes (I believe around 10 had standards), I say wtf going on. Bertrand exited in the semis. The hurdler in the 400m dns. It is starting to get depressing now.

How is it that we can send competitors to Kenya, but U-14s cyah reach a neighboring island?

And isn't there a U-23 volleyball tournament in Mexico?

Haven't looked at the specifics, but let's say '10' is accurate ... do you think any sort of conversation would have taken place with the non-travelling standard attained?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 12:17:17 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 12:47:15 PM »

How is it that we can send competitors to Kenya, but U-14s cyah reach a neighboring island?

Haven't looked at the specifics, but let's say '10' is accurate ... do you think any sort of conversation would have taken place with the non-travelling standard attained?

I couldn't say. The decisions behind these actions also need a "development program". .

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2021, 06:50:47 AM »

I couldn't say. The decisions behind these actions also need a "development program". .

Dahis de choke point at which we confirm that policy is flawed. Because anyone making a qualifying standard should be provided the opportunity he or she earned. If the economics are wrong, that is also a reflection of poor policy.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2021, 07:40:06 AM »
Two girls from Namibia in the 400 are thundah, brethren. Guy from Botswana won the 100. Nice competition. If them African straighten out their business, they could change the balance of the sprints. But it eh go happen.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2021, 08:34:00 PM »

Dahis de choke point at which we confirm that policy is flawed. Because anyone making a qualifying standard should be provided the opportunity he or she earned. If the economics are wrong, that is also a reflection of poor policy.

GoP yuh know it's unlikely those conversations have been held. Why poke de tiger. It's also possible that someone eligible might be unaware of his/her eligibility?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2021, 08:53:40 PM »
Yes. Possibly. But most athletes will have an idea where they stand. Who approaches who? Athlete to Administration? Or Administration to Athlete. Trust me, this matters.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2021, 03:34:18 PM »
Yes. Possibly. But most athletes will have an idea where they stand. Who approaches who? Athlete to Administration? Or Administration to Athlete. Trust me, this matters.

Administrators to athletes ... all day long. The imbalance in authority and the duty owed to the organization, the sport, the athletes and the public place that as the more significant of the two.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2021, 12:13:02 PM »
You guys are watching the Titanic sink and thinking WOW - not realizing the iceberg hit years ago.

2016 World under-20s - 1 bronze medal
2016 Rio Olympics - 2 of 3 relays DQ'ed in the Olympics (including the 4x400), one medal on the last day
2017 World championships - Winning the 4x400 masks what is just an OK worlds for us (Jereem 3rd 200m as well)
2018 World under-20s - No medals, no individual finals
2019 World Championships - No medals
2021 Tokyo Olympics - no medals (first time since 1992)
2021 World under-20s - No medals, no individual finals

This is what happens when you are happy with "just ok" results - it's the sports equivalent to ignoring a slow leak on a car tire.

Flat now.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 12:16:34 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2021, 01:51:19 PM »

Add to the above ... the Central American U-11 and U-13 Table Tennis Championship.

The Windies U-19s playing in England

What are we doing?!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2021, 06:32:53 AM »
Ato and gawd on pitch still here crying  :D

Next month you will still be crying and NO ONE cares
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 06:35:38 AM by Sando prince »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2021, 03:37:46 PM »

Namibia coming up. I just watch the 19 year old take down Shericka.

1]; } ?>