March 28, 2024, 01:17:14 PM

Author Topic: Prefontaine classic. The big face off  (Read 3831 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Prefontaine classic. The big face off
« on: August 21, 2021, 03:26:04 PM »
Richardson got blown away. No competition.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Prefontaine classic. The big face off
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 08:25:00 PM »

Iz NOW she really going to go and hold ah medi!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 12:43:21 AM »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 10:15:37 AM »

Social media had a field day, she was trending all over. Even Majah Hype had a skit.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 05:22:15 PM »

Social media had a field day, she was trending all over. Even Majah Hype had a skit.

Iz only today I learned she went after Gabby Thomas ... her "media game" is just as ragged as her start. All that while imploding her endorsement prospects.

Put her in a room with Rodman for 24 hours and maybe she will emerge with a new lease on perspective.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 10:35:09 PM »

Iz only today I learned she went after Gabby Thomas ... her "media game" is just as ragged as her start. All that while imploding her endorsement prospects.

Put her in a room with Rodman for 24 hours and maybe she will emerge with a new lease on perspective.

All that while imploding her endorsement prospects.

That is what I am saying. She blowing up her chances at endorsements. But it is her life. She grew up the tough way and she is very assertive. What I do know. In 3 years time there will be some yute coming at she, She needs to get she self straighten. Nothing wrong with her assertiveness/aggressiveness. But she needs to think before words rush out of her mouth. Blessings to her.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 04:50:30 AM »

That is what I am saying. She blowing up her chances at endorsements. But it is her life. She grew up the tough way and she is very assertive. What I do know. In 3 years time there will be some yute coming at she, She needs to get she self straighten. Nothing wrong with her assertiveness/aggressiveness. But she needs to think before words rush out of her mouth. Blessings to her.

Seeing that she's now touched Allyson Felix (good luck with that!!!)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2021, 08:21:29 AM »

Of all people, Allyson. What it is Allyson tell she, that she is so mad at Allyson?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2021, 11:07:16 AM »

Of all people, Allyson. What it is Allyson tell she, that she is so mad at Allyson?

It is essentially a call for help. Hopefully someone gets to her before an intervention is necessary.

Lots of generational fragility floating around. Naomi Osaka, Sydney McL ...

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2021, 12:58:08 PM »

Do you think the mental health issues these young athletes deal with is primarily because of social media and the access fans have to them?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2021, 03:33:45 PM »

Do you think the mental health issues these young athletes deal with is primarily because of social media and the access fans have to them?

Seems to turn on (a) what people think about them (b) their view of who they are as individuals (c) some measure of social discomfort and the like.

If the fans and followers are there for resonance and adulation, then it seems consistent that the fans and followers are also a convenient/inconvenient medium/ go-to-audience when folly or difficulty take center stage.

There is also a gendered dynamic and a race and ethnicity component in the mix. Women and "minorities".

Also, elite athletes distill everything through a competitive lens and personal satisfaction. Dahis likely a variable in the potpurri.

A NZ cyclist also succumbed to these challenges after the Olympics. Her Instagram quotes Kurt Cobain --- 🧸💿‘𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚍𝚢, 𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚢 𝚊𝚛𝚝’ - Kurt Cobain ➳ 🐚☁️.

Probably not a one size fits all reality, but it also seems that social media is a beneficiary of athletes coming of age in a supposedly "non-confrontational" society that abounds with micro-aggressions.

EDIT: So ... anyone who relied on ah ole school "haul yuh arse" seems to have received value without the 21st century social media angst.

Some keys to longevity according to those living it.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 04:06:43 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2021, 05:39:21 PM »

Did not know Sydney had emotional  issues also. Just read where she is engaged to a former NFL player.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2021, 05:57:57 PM »
This is Sydney's statement  on instagram

My 2nd gold medal on my 22nd birthday! 🥇🎂

Such an amazing experience. I’m so thankful to be able to even run with such amazing, inspiring women. It has been beautiful to see the diversity of our individual circumstances, blend into a historic ending to these games. Allyson, thank you for being a true leader for all to follow. It has been an honor to not only run with you, but train with you as well. I know the future holds nothing but greatness for you and all your endeavors. ❤️

Thank you God for another year of life. I look forward to unveiling where it takes me as you continue to establish my steps. God Bless. 🙏🏽

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2021, 06:50:50 PM »
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/Y17YJh240Eg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/Y17YJh240Eg</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2021, 03:01:38 AM »
Did not see this at all. First time viewing. Unfortunately, there are jealousies within the Black community. These jealousies have always been there. The issue of light skin Blacks getting preferential treatments(real or false) has been going on since we land on these shores. And it eh going away soon. She has nothing to be shamed or worry about. She is what she is. She has carried herself with class. She is the "perfect" daughter. No apologies, Sydney, no apologies. Carry on.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 03:03:20 AM by Deeks »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2021, 03:01:09 PM »

Seems to turn on (a) what people think about them (b) their view of who they are as individuals (c) some measure of social discomfort and the like.

If the fans and followers are there for resonance and adulation, then it seems consistent that the fans and followers are also a convenient/inconvenient medium/ go-to-audience when folly or difficulty take center stage.

There is also a gendered dynamic and a race and ethnicity component in the mix. Women and "minorities".

Also, elite athletes distill everything through a competitive lens and personal satisfaction. Dahis likely a variable in the potpurri.

A NZ cyclist also succumbed to these challenges after the Olympics. Her Instagram quotes Kurt Cobain --- 🧸💿‘𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚍𝚢, 𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚢 𝚊𝚛𝚝’ - Kurt Cobain ➳ 🐚☁️.

Probably not a one size fits all reality, but it also seems that social media is a beneficiary of athletes coming of age in a supposedly "non-confrontational" society that abounds with micro-aggressions.

EDIT: So ... anyone who relied on ah ole school "haul yuh arse" seems to have received value without the 21st century social media angst.

Some keys to longevity according to those living it.

Solid points. Just recently someone asked me what I thought of everything surrounding Osaka and I remembered how she seems to be crying in press interviews while speaking about her mental health. While it seems like a new generational thing, within the last couple of years I see more and more athletes are coming out and speaking on it even though they don't go into much detail. I watch a podcast called "I Am Athlete" and former NFL player, Brandon Marshall, is one of the hosts and he is the poster child for speaking up on mental health issues. He is the first one that I can recall who really shed light on the issue on a grand scale from an athletes perspective. Social media can be a blessing and a curse, if I were a professional athlete and used it, I won't read my mentions.

1]; } ?>