April 16, 2024, 03:06:58 PM

Author Topic: Recycle versus development  (Read 395 times)

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Recycle versus development
« on: September 16, 2021, 09:03:52 PM »
Very interesting phenomena I am observing in most of our athletic programs.There seems to be a reliance on recycling athletes who have past their prime. Witness the make up of our recent olympic team, our netball team, and national football teams.

What is this trend indicating about our athletic programs? Look at our neighbours JA- is li,e they have an athletic factory.

We had  7 years since 2014 to develop formidable players  for the some s national team yet we are  looking at veterans to anchor this team? Look at the shift and success of Canada's menand womens team- youthful and successful.
How do we get there?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Recycle versus development
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 11:33:10 PM »
Very interesting phenomena I am observing in most of our athletic programs.There seems to be a reliance on recycling athletes who have past their prime. Witness the make up of our recent olympic team, our netball team, and national football teams.

What is this trend indicating about our athletic programs? Look at our neighbours JA- is li,e they have an athletic factory.

We had  7 years since 2014 to develop formidable players  for the some s national team yet we are  looking at veterans to anchor this team? Look at the shift and success of Canada's menand womens team- youthful and successful.
How do we get there?

Do we  have money to start a developmental program ? Everybody want superstars, but don't want to pay the price to develop these superstars.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 09:25:30 AM by Deeks »

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Recycle versus development
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023, 07:30:43 AM »
This is what we do best in athletics and politics- same old same old. Have we ever focused on developing , training teaching and creating? We are excellent at being ' copycats'

I watched with envy at JA - their track and field athletes competing on the world stage- at their national  selection meet to see the young talent. I see talent being developed. Did we have any such National trials?

I watched the Haitian women's team  stay with England right up to the end. What's happening in the region and why are we behind- ? Let's not default to the obvious.

Where are  our talented athletes?

1]; } ?>